Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fury banner in July had him, Jagen, and Bartre.

That’s where I got him at Res/Spd.

Darn it. Why did I not have orbs in July?

Oh yeah... Summer banners. I was suckered in v.v

And the Cavalry Banner also had him separately, apparently, looking at the list. Maybe I should try to be patient again. I just really want him to join Sigurd :( And have him ready for Ares if/when he's brought into the game. I adore Ares :D

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

25 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Nope, that's not enough. You have to really, really want the wrong unit. So, say you want Ayra, really, really wish hard for Eldigan xD I mean to the point you're actually disappointed for a moment when you see her lol

I'm going to build my orbs back up for the supposed Halloween banner, and then if I do okay on that, I might try again for Eldigan. I don't think he's been on a banner that hasn't had another red unit, but if he has, I regret not pulling on it even more -.- I just didn't have the orbs before, and now I'm back to not having the orbs...

If you get Ayra, I'll trade you my Eldigan! This banner feels so cruel to suddenly pop up and have Ayra share the same color as another unit. Now all my orbs are gone and no OP girl..

On the small bright side with this banner, I did get my first Hinata in between the -def Seliphs and other junk.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

...You're gonna have to hold me back before I do something drastic.

The "still barely rational" people on this board are slowly, slowly being outnumbered by the "YOU'RE DAMN LUCKY WE'RE NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO PUNCH YOU!" people.

(I am in group number 2.)

Related, but tomorrow, my Multivariate Calculus unit has a difficult assignment due as well as a makeup test to make up for the class's terrible performance on the original run. I'm really grateful I dropped that unit now- I'd probably have exploded if I stayed.

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood what you wrote. My apologies. Hopefully whatever they plan to do with Ayra is revealed soon either way.

I could have been much clearer with how I phrased my response, so it was my fault as well. That said, we were both wrong in the worst possible way!

To put things into perspective, I have yet to see someone actually happy about this development (besides those lucky bastards who got Ayra on their free roll), and this is possibly the most pissed off I've ever seen this fanbase become.

How did we go from "free CYL unit for everyone" to this?

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The "still barely rational" people on this board are slowly, slowly being outnumbered by the "YOU'RE DAMN LUCKY WE'RE NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO PUNCH YOU!" people.

(I am in group number 2.)

You have Deirdre. You are in danger.

Just warnin’.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

To put things into perspective, I have yet to see someone actually happy about this development (besides those lucky bastards who got Ayra on their free roll), and this is possibly the most pissed off I've ever seen this fanbase become.

How did we go from "free CYL unit for everyone" to this?

Possibly whales who can +10 her, but even then, I have doubts.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You have Deirdre. You are in danger.

Just warnin’.

Hey, once I max out her Merit in the Tempest, you're welcome to her. Only thing is, she's -Atk, so you might be better served looking elsewhere. (Preferably at someone who's in your country).

I remember people calling the first Hero Fest after Ike's banner IS baiting the community hard. I think this takes the cake though. New OP unit with no notice outside of the datamine, right after popular Sigurd and Deirdre's addition that people would have likely blown orbs on? It's a bit dirty.

It's partly our fault to jump to conclusions from the datamine she'd be a free TT unit, but damn.

I'm just really salty I just blew my Halloween orbs to get Eldigan spooked, somebody put me out of my misery

Also worth noting ONLY newly released units are the 40% TT bonus, when at least the last ones had had at least 1 older character be one. I'm really surprised Seliph isn't even a bonus unit period. If I didn't happen to get Sigurd the other day I'd be stuck with Arvis and now Elidgan. IS going all out for the cash this time, man.

Edited by Alkaid

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Phantom Spd 1? What a non-committed sea mammal. Casual, even.

I totally realised my effort in raising my Phantom Speed seal is me being baited by this. Is that investment as costly as promoting a 4* Seliph for the Tempest?

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I totally realised my effort in raising my Phantom Speed seal is me being baited by this. Is that investment as costly as promoting a 4* Seliph for the Tempest?

150 coins and 460+1200 badges versus 20000+ feathers. Hmm, can’t decide.

So I'm going to confess that I would find the bait-and-switch with Ayra absolutely hilarious if not for the fact that the way they ended up introducing her feels really mean-spirited. But teasing her in the FE4 banner trailer and paralogue, only for her to be in another banner just few days later (with old units one of whom share a color with her) just strikes me as a lot more greedier than I'm used to with Heroes. Heck, considering the time window, the FE4 banner could easily have doubled as a tempest banner (well it basically is that).

Just overall a really strange choice I think. At least the banner gave me my first ever male Corrin so yay :P:did I mention I don't like Corrin?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

150 coins and 460+1200 badges versus 20000+ feathers. Hmm, can’t decide.

...Thank the gods I didn't go through with the stage 3 upgrade (didn't have the Coins anyway).

(I still did set aside Arvis's GHB to specifically grind blue badges, so... I dunno.)

Lol apparently Japanese fanbase had quite a meltdown with this

Honestly though coming from 2017 Gumi godlike decision making make this seems normal to me. The only way they could get even worse is by making Ayra Limited

I wasn't super hyped for Ayra, and so I won't be upset if I can't pull her, but boy does this set an awful precedent.  There was no reason to hold her back from the main Genealogy banner other than to be a blatant cash grab. 

I noticed the official tweet about the banner had a lot more comments than usual, and thankfully it looks like there are a lot of Japanese fans who are every bit as frustrated and confused by this decision as we are.  Hopefully that means IS will recognize what a scumbag move this was.

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly though coming from 2017 Gumi godlike decision making make this seems normal to me. The only way they could get even worse is by making Ayra Limited

Yeah honestly in grand scheme of mobages this isn't that big of a deal, it's just different from what people have gotten used to with Heroes (which I've seen called The Best Mobage multiple times).

I’m not so sure why Ayra not being a free unit is such a big deal. In fact, no one here would have even known who Ayra or Arden was other than in those two maps they appeared on with the new banner if it weren’t for datamining. Nearly everyone just assumed what IS would do with those two and are just shocked that reality didn’t line up with their expectations.

So every time a good unit is discovered through datamining, IS is obligated to give it out for free, whether it’s literally given as a handout or as an event reward? This reeks of entitlement more than anything.

I’m not saying IS hasn’t made a mistake with the new stuff for the TT so far, though. The bonus unit pool is exclusively limited to people who pulled with the exception of Arvis. Heck I would have taken an Askr unit for the bonus like they did with the earlier TTs, but oh well.

On a more positive note, we have now reached 1337 pages.

Edited by MrSmokestack

First they came out with Skill Inheritance and I did not speak out- because I wanted to give DB3 to Reinhardt

Then they came out with seasonal units and I did not speak out- because I managed to pull Spring Camilla and Bridelia

Then they came out with higher BSTs and full kits outside the CYL banner and I did not speak out- because I did not care for the characters they made obsolete

Then they came out with Arya and I did not speak out- because I was caught up in the assumption she was free

Now they came out with this Focus: Tempest Trials banner- and there was no one left to speak for me

-From Reddit.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m not so sure why Ayra not being a free unit is such a big deal. In fact, no one here would have even known who Ayra or Arden was other than in those two maps they appeared on with the new banner if it weren’t for datamining. Nearly everyone just assumed what IS would do with those two and are just shocked that reality didn’t line up with their expectations.

Ayra not being free is not the scummy thing. Her not being on the Genealogy banner is the scummy thing.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ayra not being free is not the scummy thing. Her not being on the Genealogy banner is the scummy thing.

I’m pretty sure the TT banner has Genealogy units too.

Though when you put it that way, it does make it seem like Alm and Celica’s army over again, which I can agree isn’t very good.