Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Also the one thing i'd want from this TT is Phantom Strength lol

@MrSmokestack Mind the problem with Ayra is that:

1. She's power creep as fuck

2. She's not on generalogy banner

3. She's released on a subsequent banner that specifically had a pity breaker on it over the course of 4 days

Theres so many things they can do to make this not that bad but they didn't. Your point at bringing up Alm and Cellica army actually gives a good image, why the fuck did they not release 2 3 man banner with Ayra starring the banner and Sigurd starring the other instead?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m pretty sure the TT banner has Genealogy units too.

Though when you put it that way, it does make it seem like Alm and Celica’s army over again, which I can agree isn’t very good.

Except Alm and Celica’s armies were all new units, which Eldigan and Lachesis aren’t.

...You know, I'm going to be honest... I'm having thoughts about leaving.

I might wait until after the Tempest, potentially, but... I'm not feeling good here. I'm starting to think I'm out of reasons to stay... a little.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m not so sure why Ayra not being a free unit is such a big deal. In fact, no one here would have even known who Ayra or Arden was other than in those two maps they appeared on with the new banner if it weren’t for datamining.

So every time a good unit is discovered through datamining, IS is obligated to give it out for free, whether it’s literally given as a handout or as an event reward? This reeks of entitlement more than anything.

I don't find her not being free to even be the concern. It's true that was everyone's own fault for assuming from the datamine. What's pissed people off is the no-notice inclusion of her on this TT banner, rather than putting her up front on the Sigurd banner. And no trailer or anything for her. 0 Introduction besides appearing in the prologue and the datamine info. It feels like they held back on her just to let people drop orbs for a few days and then they surprise them with her after. Plus she's on a banner sharing a color with another, older unit which seems to purposefully make her harder to get.

This kind of behavior is out of place for this game. If this was FGO or something I don't think it'd be any surprise, but FEH has always had fair notice for new characters until now.

Edit: I'm dumb and forgot to mention she was also in the prologue. Though being in the prologue but not the Sigurd banner if anything helped encourage people to think she'd be free, like Arden is.

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...You know, I'm going to be honest... I'm having thoughts about leaving.

I might wait until after the Tempest, potentially, but... I'm not feeling good here. I'm starting to think I'm out of reasons to stay... a little.

I'm with you on the thoughts there.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't find her not being free to even be the concern. It's true that was everyone's own fault for assuming from the datamine. What's pissed people off is the no-notice inclusion of her on this TT banner, rather than putting her up front on the Sigurd banner. And no trailer or anything for her. 0 Introduction had we not had the datamine. It feels like they held back on her just to let people drop orbs for a few days and then they surprise them with her after. Plus she's on a banner sharing a color with another, older unit which seems to purposefully make her harder to get.

This kind of behavior is out of place for this game. If this was FGO or something I don't think it'd be any surprise, but FEH has always had fair notice for new characters until now.

FGO actually barely did this. Looking back on the older posts the one time people complained was them releasing good units back to back and one time where the release of a well liked servant was followed by Quartz Discount

Even then FGO usually had character leaks from story(everyone is aware that say Merlin or Jalter would be released somewhere down the line once they got leaked on story iirc)

Tin foil hat time: Shin, perhaps the most visible of the Japanese FEH whales, influenced the Ayra banner decision.  A few days ago he made a tweet hoping that Ayra was on a banner so he could get a bunch of copies for a full merge.  This is a guy who casually talks of +10ing a unit like it's nothing to him, and is streaming himself whaling for Ayra as I make this post. 

14 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

FGO actually barely did this. Looking back on the older posts the one time people complained was them releasing good units back to back and one time where the release of a well liked servant was followed by Quartz Discount

Even then FGO usually had character leaks from story(everyone is aware that say Merlin or Jalter would be released somewhere down the line once they got leaked on story iirc)

Fair enough, though I still hear lots of complaints about scummy practices in FGO. Still sucks IS has broken their pretty good track record now.

10 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Tin foil hat time: Shin, perhaps the most visible of the Japanese FEH whales, influenced the Ayra banner decision.  A few days ago he made a tweet hoping that Ayra was on a banner so he could get a bunch of copies for a full merge.  This is a guy who casually talks of +10ing a unit like it's nothing to him, and is streaming himself whaling for Ayra as I make this post. 

Double tin foil hat: Ayra is also the 4* TT unit and there will be a mix of cries of anguish from people who blew orbs on her like myself and sighs of relief from f2p who could resist today. All while everyone riots over the ultimate bait banner unit being free 3 days later.

Edited by Alkaid

I can only see that if she's obtainable at a higher score, as we've seen Arden as a 4* at the usual score range.

I can only hope that she's a 100k reward at this point. Given my orb stash at the moment (0) and my recent luck pulling reds (~130 orbs focusing red on Brave Roy with no success, ~150 orbs focusing red on Elincia to get my pity rate broken twice and getting my rate up to 5% again and the banner ending without me getting her), I'll not have her otherwise.

Edited by Rinco

17 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The files for unreleased banners are already in the update data, just encrypted. IntSys already planned to put her on a scumbag late release banner long before that whale tweeted.

That being said, her being the 4* TT reward may still be a possibility as I remember reading somewhere that Arden only had 5* stats in the data while Ayra had 4* stats as well. Just clinging on to hope at this point 

Edited by Korath88

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Fair enough, though I still hear lots of complaints about scummy practices in FGO. Still sucks IS has broken their pretty good track record now.

Double tin foil hat: Ayra is also the 4* TT unit and there will be a mix of cries of anguish from people who blew orbs on her like myself and sighs of relief from f2p who could resist today. All while everyone riots over the ultimate bait banner unit being free 3 days later.

The main problem with FGO boils down to RNG so far and the incompetence of their early development team(that NA FGO simply did not have)

Its really the 1% drop SSR rate, 3% SR rate and 0.75% chance to get Dragon Scale that many would groan about in that game

40 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Your point at bringing up Alm and Cellica army actually gives a good image, why the fuck did they not release 2 3 man banner with Ayra starring the banner and Sigurd starring the other instead?

I’m probably just biased against having more than one banner featuring new units. Though having six units a la World of Shadows is a bit overboard.

It isn’t powercreep when red infantry swords are not only not in demand but are also locked to 2 Mov as opposed to 3. Rave Boi still the best special spammer.

RIP Arden’s 1 Mov but he has access to movement buffs as well as Armor March to ignore terrain, so. Still isn’t powercreep though.

@Vaximillian Fair point.

32 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't find her not being free to even be the concern. It's true that was everyone's own fault for assuming from the datamine. What's pissed people off is the no-notice inclusion of her on this TT banner, rather than putting her up front on the Sigurd banner. And no trailer or anything for her. 0 Introduction had we not had the datamine. It feels like they held back on her just to let people drop orbs for a few days and then they surprise them with her after. Plus she's on a banner sharing a color with another, older unit which seems to purposefully make her harder to get.

I’ll concede how keeping a unit like Ayra with the BST boost and full skillset with two abilities exclusive to her under wraps, only to introduce her without fanfare or explanation wasn’t a great idea then. IS has been very consistent in keeping players informed on new units and events until recently, I agree.

Maybe I’m just not so worried about this issue since, if I recall correctly, Ayra’s 4* stats were also datamined, which might suggest she’ll be a 4-5* after her banner ends. A TT reward is certainly a stretch now but everyone having a good chance of pulling a solid unit all around at any time in the future softens the news for me.

What you say about FGO boi

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m probably just biased against having more than one banner featuring new units. Though having six units a la World of Shadows is a bit overboard.

It isn’t powercreep when red infantry swords are not only not in demand but are also locked to 2 Mov as opposed to 3. Rave Boi still the best special spammer.

RIP Arden’s 1 Mov but he has access to movement buffs as well as Armor March to ignore terrain, so. Still isn’t powercreep though.

@Vaximillian Fair point.

I’ll concede how keeping a unit like Ayra with the BST boost and full skillset with two abilities exclusive to her under wraps, only to introduce her without fanfare or explanation wasn’t a great idea then. IS has been very consistent in keeping players informed on new units and events until recently, I agree.

Maybe I’m just not so worried about this issue since, if I recall correctly, Ayra’s 4* stats were also datamined, which might suggest she’ll be a 4-5* after her banner ends. A TT reward is certainly a stretch now but everyone having a good chance of pulling a solid unit all around at any time in the future softens the news for me.

What you say about FGO boi

Mind i actually agree that she isn't "power creep" in a sense that 2 mov unit with 1 offensive range isn't going to be power creep. I actually was waiting for a new post so i don't double post when i mentioned that, but i ended up getting orgasm while hearing BSFE Hardin voice before i realized i got 'Stacked

Wait

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Ayra's why we never got an October schedule.

Valflame can't melt steel beams.

I actually really like Arvis lol. His kit is all sort of interesting although i haven't quite get what i want to do with him

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Maybe I’m just not so worried about this issue since, if I recall correctly, Ayra’s 4* stats were also datamined, which might suggest she’ll be a 4-5* after her banner ends.

I seriously doubt she’s going to drop. With her stats, kit, and an awesome sword there is a snowball’s chance in hell for her to get demoted.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I actually really like Arvis lol. His kit is all sort of interesting although i haven't quite get what i want to do with him

I'm looking forward to using him in the TT. He's gonna be a mean healing and debuffing machine. I just slapped Fury 2, Iceberg and Draw Back/Ardent Sacrifice on him.

He'll probably be nice for CC and stuff too later.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That would be great if it happens, but I'm really not going to get my hopes up.

Edited by Alkaid

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I seriously doubt she’s going to drop. With her stats, kit, and an awesome sword there is a snowball’s chance in hell for her to get demoted.

Reinhardt dropped to 4 star.

I have a newly pulled Hinata while hoping for Ayra...wondering if I should slap it on Arvis or another unit I have.

I don't use healers on TTs so i'm a bit wary on Fury (Traded Ike's Fury for Spd+2 during his TT and it worked fine)

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Reinhardt dropped to 4 star.

I don't use healers on TTs so i'm a bit wary on Fury (Traded Ike's Fury for Spd+2 during his TT and it worked fine)

Reinhardt didn’t have skill inheritance to propel him into S+-tierdom when he was released.

Arvis’ Renewal ring synergises beautifully with Fury though. I’m not giving him ArdSac anyway.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reinhardt didn’t have skill inheritance to propel him into S+-tierdom when he was released.

Arvis’ Renewal ring synergises beautifully with Fury though. I’m not giving him ArdSac anyway.

Why are we complaining about just Reinhardt again when that banner introduced fucking Etrurian Scum to the game

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hmmm that's true, although i gave mine Ardent Sacrifice because he will be my pseudo-healer

basically just a choice of using my rare Hinata to Arvis or just slap a Bartre Fury 2 on him.

although i guess he'll be a bonus unit next arena rotation

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Why are we complaining about just Reinhardt again when that banner introduced fucking Etrurian Scum to the game

Hush, Hardin. Keep your dragon boner towards Pent’s kid to yourself.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

...You're gonna have to hold me back before I do something drastic.

To be fair, it was Eldigan I wanted >.< I would've happily been 'spooked by him' -.-

However, after 250 orbs (some of which were purchased because I am weak >.<), I have him!

It went like this:

1st Friend: Let me pull. I'll see if I'm lucky.

Me: I only have 30 orbs left for Halloween... Oh fine. Get me an Eldigan.

1st Friend: *Pulls 3*'s'

2nd Friend: Okay, let me try. *Pulls two more 3*'s*

Me: I'm out of orbs. This is the guy I wanted. The pretty blonde guy, not the pretty black haired girl.

2nd Friend: Ooooh, I have an idea.

Me: Okay... Well, what the hey. I have some money on my rewards card. Let's go for it.

*2 no reds later*

Me: ...It's not working...

2nd Friend: I need to have the reds first!

*2 reds appear*

2nd Friend: *Selects red and summons*

Frickin' Eldigan!!! :D

Turns out my friend just focussed on wanting Ayra so much that ofc my pity rate had to be 'spooked' by Eldigan. It works! xD

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I don't find her not being free to even be the concern. It's true that was everyone's own fault for assuming from the datamine. What's pissed people off is the no-notice inclusion of her on this TT banner, rather than putting her up front on the Sigurd banner. And no trailer or anything for her. 0 Introduction besides appearing in the prologue and the datamine info. It feels like they held back on her just to let people drop orbs for a few days and then they surprise them with her after. Plus she's on a banner sharing a color with another, older unit which seems to purposefully make her harder to get.

This. This so much. I don't know what's worse: Ayra's "introduction" in Heroes or Azura being DLC in Warriors. Geez. Seems like I won't be pulling for a better Sigurd.