Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You can do much better than Deidre

Rejected

You're right, but Tailtiu already has an S Support.

With me.

Also with Eirika. Tailtiu needed someone kind who would help her feel loved after the way her family treated her, and Eirika is known for being a nice, caring person. However, Eirika has a bit of a skeleton in her closet; or, more accurately, a lot of -blade mages in her list of contacts. She just can't say no to people looking for help, and the -blade mages give her that helping thrill that no one else can provide. It's a relationship that can only end in tragedy once the truth comes out, but at least Tailtiu can be happy while she still believes the lie.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

You're right, but Tailtiu already has an S Support.

With me.

Also with Eirika. Tailtiu needed someone kind who would help her feel loved after the way her family treated her, and Eirika is known for being a nice, caring person. However, Eirika has a bit of a skeleton in her closet; or, more accurately, a lot of -blade mages in her list of contacts. She just can't say no to people looking for help, and the -blade mages give her that helping thrill that no one else can provide. It's a relationship that can only end in tragedy once the truth comes out, but at least Tailtiu can be happy while she still believes the lie.

Eh just marry Arden to

Uhhh

Palla i guess

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Eh just marry Arden to

Uhhh

Palla i guess

Sorry, I don't think I have any units with that name. The closest one I see is someone with green hair named Moonbow.

Also the lore needs to at least have couples with some variety in WTA coverage.

Why do you think Marth and Catria got married.

The same reason why Caeda used Minerva as a rebound lover.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Sorry, I don't think I have any units with that name. The closest one I see is someone with green hair named Moonbow.

All my respect towards you has just up and vanished. Why would you do this to me. And to her.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also the lore needs to at least have couples with some variety in WTA coverage.

Why do you think Marth and Catria got married.

The same reason why Caeda used Minerva as a rebound lover.

According to my fanfiction Caeda is the lesbian obsession of Lucina. Why do you think they look so simmilar. Caeda went to the past to marry Caeda after the ghost of future Marth states Caeda is in fact his waifu. The distortion in the timeline in which Marth did not marry Caeda caused the bad future timeline of Awakening. This is why Lucina disguised herself as Marth instead of a Caeda cosplay to satisfy her boner. Even if Marth did not marry Caeda, Marth did causing the timeline to be fixed through plot convenience and what the fuck is that even logic

Minerva x Hardin is the only Minerva pairing. According to my **** it made sense personality wise and story wise(Macedon kind of have a direct conflict with Aurelis in WoS. Michalis didnt have a high opinion on Hardin though because he considered him dangerous)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

All my respect towards you has just up and vanished. Why would you do this to me. And to her.

In any other game, Palla would be my second because Catria is still best favorite Whitewing, but she feels... underwhelming in this game. Also I'm not really a fan of her art, though I feel that way about all of the Whitewings in Heroes to be honest. SoV was far more kind to them all. I do still want to get her to 5-star someday though, since her sisters and Minerva are already there.

According to my fanfiction Caeda is the lesbian obsession of Lucina. Why do you think they look so simmilar

Minerva x Hardin is the only Minerva pairing. According to my **** it made sense personality wise and story wise(Macedon kind of have a direct conflict with Aurelis in WoS. Michalis didnt have a high opinion on Hardin though because he considered him dangerous)

Sorry, but in my lore, Lucina is the lesbian obsession of Lucina. First S Support I ever got, and it was so, so worth it. And if they ever bring back Bride Caeda, well... Sorry Minerva, but Caeda can't resist someone with blue hair.

I'm confused. I thought Camus and Hardin was the obvious couple? The fact that they both wield that same legendary lance can't be a coincidence.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I also prefer Palla. But the realization that Catria is always better gameplay-wise and my unserious association of the Whitewings with the Golden Goddesses of Hyrule (of which I am devoted to Nayru) are taking their toll on me.

Sorry, but in my lore, Lucina is the lesbian obsession of Lucina.

And in my lore, Lucina went back in time and married Cornelius. She so wanted to be Marth, that if she could not physically be him, she would mother him. Having him in her womb were the happiest months of her life, she got a little depressed after he was born, even more so when she stopped breastfeeding him. Elice was a serious disappoint for her- she had no idea Marth had an older sister!

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hero Fest 2 was the banner that taught me not to expect much. I went into it hoping to get Julia, Ninian, and a few Genny's for Wrathful Staff. I didn't get a single 5-star until the last day, although I did get three at that point: two Julias and a Clair, which was... less exciting than the Julias. The first Julia was +HP/-Atk, so I felt super lucky to also get the second one, who had Atk/-Res. Shame about the Res, but Atk seemed more helpful. I'm hoping to get a Deirdre that's +Res, just so they can both play to their own strengths.

I'm just not sure what exactly they get out of the information; I know they can see what banners people spend on, I know they can see when people purchase orbs, but I'm not sure if they can know which banner those purchased orbs are spent on. I probably won't spend on these banners regardless, except maybe the Skill banner if it does end up being an -owl banner. I'll still wait to buy any until after Ayra's banner ends, though.

I spent a ton of orbs on the PA banner, but finally getting one dancer was enough for me (and thank heavens she was neutral). If you really want a dancer, then I'd say focus on that banner since it's limited; if you like any of the Genealogy characters and want them as units too, then might as well go for them. But I'm assuming you care more for the cast of Radiant Dawn, so if you don't have a huge attachment to the WoHW characters and you don't need them as units, then saving for a banner you would like seems like the best plan.

If they decided to release a Hero Fest 3 and the -owl banner after all of this, I'm pretty sure people would burn down IS's office and everything related to them.

Your experience with the Hero Fest 2 reminds me of my own. I spent 80 orbs and the only unit I got was a +Spd/-Atk Faye. And I didn't get another Julia there, funnily enough, my current Julia is +Atk/-Res as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to know whether any orb spent on a banner was bought or free. It could allow them to know how much they get per banner aside from just the numbers from when orbs are bought. It could allow them to tailor their future banners based on what sold the most.

I admittedly care much more for the cast of RD than the FE4 since RD was my first FE game and I haven't had the chance to play FE4 yet. But one thing I like about this game is that it allows me to become more familiar with the cast of the older games. And regarding the dancer banner, I don't need them per se since I have 4 dancers and my +4 Azura does her job wonderfully in the arena, but more dancers are never a bad thing, especially when they're Axura and PA!Inigo. Though considering how I got three 5* from that banner I might just stockpile for the future.

And a good thing from the whole Ayra fiasco is that it removed one potential feather target. Just promoted Arvis to 5* and I'll probably use some of the feathers from the TT to promote the second Arden. 

But they can't burn down just yet  they still need to add the new throwback banner featuring Lucina, Camilla, Takumi and a special CYL pant-less Marth

Question for those who played Genealogy of the Holy War: how would the developers even implement Julius as a playable character? From what I read on his wiki page, the Julius is mostly Loptyr because Loptyr is controlling him which make sense. So, kind of like Yami Bakura. Anyway, if Julius were playable, people would probably want him to have Loptyr as his tome, but in doing so, Julius would basically have to be Loptyr and all things considered, it wouldn't really make sense for the summoner to even be able to command let alone summon a Loptyr-possessed individual. If they have Julius be himself, then he could end up like Berkut which might piss off his fans or it might create new fans since pre-Loptyr Julius was young, right?

Then again, asking how they would implement Julius is kind of like how they would implement Nergal or even Lyon. All of them go mad or get possessed at one point, but to different degrees like Julius seems like he's not really himself at all, but Lyon is usually himself until he gets possessed while Nergal is just mad, so whatever on him.

Anyway, speaking of Lyon, I hope the next story chapter is Magvel since, y'know, Naglfar being stolen and all. Lyon's gonna want that back. Also, I want another red mage.

Edited by Kaden

In any other game, Palla would be my second because Catria is still best favorite Whitewing, but she feels... underwhelming in this game. Also I'm not really a fan of her art, though I feel that way about all of the Whitewings in Heroes to be honest. SoV was far more kind to them all. I do still want to get her to 5-star someday though, since her sisters and Minerva are already there.

Sorry, but in my lore, Lucina is the lesbian obsession of Lucina. First S Support I ever got, and it was so, so worth it. And if they ever bring back Bride Caeda, well... Sorry Minerva, but Caeda can't resist someone with blue hair.

I'm confused. I thought Camus and Hardin was the obvious couple? The fact that they both wield that same legendary lance can't be a coincidence.

They dont actually know each other canonically

Although Hardin is one of few person that is aknowledged by Camus. Mind Camus is the same guy who trash talked Nyna's family and Archanean Army that he slaughtered on his own so his standard is very high

Hardin is kinda notorious in Aurelis for being progressive. He actually manage to beat Archanea supported Rebellion by the noble of Aurelis before WoS

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Question for those who played Genealogy of the Holy War, how would the developers even implement Julius as a playable character? From what I read on his wiki page, the Julius is mostly Loptyr because Loptyr is controlling him which make sense. So, kind of like Yami Bakura. Anyway, if Julius were playable, people would probably want him to have Loptyr as his tome, but in doing so, Julius would basically have to be Loptyr and all things considered, it wouldn't really make sense for the summoner to even be able to command let alone summon a Loptyr-possessed individual. If they have Julius be himself, then he could end up like Berkut which might piss off his fans or it might create new fans since pre-Loptyr Julius was young, right?

Then again, asking how they would implement Julius is kind of like how they would implement Nergal or even Lyon. All of them go mad or get possessed at one point, but to different degrees like Julius seems like he's not really himself at all, but Lyon is usually himself until he gets possessed while Nergal is just mad, so whatever on him.

Anyway, speaking of Lyon, I hope the next story chapter is Magvel since, y'know, Naglfar being stolen and all. Lyon's gonna want that back. Also, I want another red mage.

Julius from what I've read is not "I am the Immortal Shadow Dragon God Loptyr!" he acts like a rotten, egotistical child and calls Arvis, whom he hates, "Father". Only when killed by Seliph or Julia does he speak truly as Loptyr, otherwise you can see Loptyr as a twisted Julius, and not simply Loptyr.

The possession happened at age 10 I think, Julia says he used to be a sweat (typo) sweet boy.

And we have an abundance of villainous Dark Mages to get through, DeNA hasn't added a single one yet. Let's get one done now so it won't be so heavy with them later.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And in my lore, Lucina went back in time and married Cornelius. She so wanted to be Marth, that if she could not physically be him, she would mother him. Having him in her womb were the happiest months of her life, she got a little depressed after he was born, even more so when she stopped breastfeeding him. Elice was a serious disappoint for her- she had no idea Marth had an older sister!

Okay

But

Why can't both Lucinas do that together though

Elice isn't a disappointment to one Lucina, she's the pity prize that the other Lucina got instead of Marth. That's what she gets for not caring enough to learn that Marth wasn't the first child.

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

They dont actually know each other canonically

Although Hardin is one of few person that is aknowledged by Camus. Mind Camus is the same guy who trash talked Nyna's family and Archanean Army that he slaughtered on his own so his standard is very high

Hardin is kinda notorious in Aurelis for being progressive. He actually manage to beat Archanea supported Rebellion by the noble of Aurelis before WoS

But they have so much in common! They both like Nyna, they help Marth at one point and oppose him at another, and they specialize in lances! They would have so much to talk about.

Although, this is all moot for me until Hardin is actually added into Heroes. Once he is, then I'll start writing their chapter of my book of lore: "Fire Emblem: Heroes of Love."

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Your experience with the Hero Fest 2 reminds me of my own. I spent 80 orbs and the only unit I got was a +Spd/-Atk Faye. And I didn't get another Julia there, funnily enough, my current Julia is +Atk/-Res as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to know whether any orb spent on a banner was bought or free. It could allow them to know how much they get per banner aside from just the numbers from when orbs are bought. It could allow them to tailor their future banners based on what sold the most.

I admittedly care much more for the cast of RD than the FE4 since RD was my first FE game and I haven't had the chance to play FE4 yet. But one thing I like about this game is that it allows me to become more familiar with the cast of the older games. And regarding the dancer banner, I don't need them per se since I have 4 dancers and my +4 Azura does her job wonderfully in the arena, but more dancers are never a bad thing, especially when they're Axura and PA!Inigo. Though considering how I got three 5* from that banner I might just stockpile for the future.

And a good thing from the whole Ayra fiasco is that it removed one potential feather target. Just promoted Arvis to 5* and I'll probably use some of the feathers from the TT to promote the second Arden. 

But they can't burn down just yet  they still need to add the new throwback banner featuring Lucina, Camilla, Takumi and a special CYL pant-less Marth

Wow, both our Julias were almost identical in the end. That's kinda impressive.

I care for FE4 more for a similar reason; although Awakening was my first (technically second, but I didn't play much of Sacred Stones until I got further in Awakening), I really like using the FE4 Spotpass characters, since I liked their designs. That led me to read up on them and the story of FE4 on a wiki, and I got more attached to them through that. And then I finally played FE4 itself, and I ended up loving the cast even more by the end of it. So I can definitely understand the feeling of getting interested in characters through other games.

That's kinda how I feel too; now I can promote somebody else for some other reason. Although I still have way too many options to choose from, so it didn't really help too much in the end...

If they added Pantsless Marth at all, I'm pretty sure everyone would forgive them immediately.

I wonder if they'll ever do an Echoes version of the Whitewings. I mean, pretty unlikely and only if they were really running out of characters but I really love their designs in Echoes

Not sure what they can do to their stats though. Maybe just better skills/weapons? Sapphire Lance Palla? Ridesbane Catria? Slaying Lance Est?

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Looking through my current roster, aside from Julia, none of the units I have were directly powercrept. Most of my roster consists of either already outclassed units I rolled for because I liked them (Alm, Gray, Mathilda, Lyn) or units that are still considered the best at what they do (Ephraim, Celica, Delthea, Hector, dancers).

As such, I haven't really been burned too hard but I do feel bad for those who were using units now outclassed because of powercreep 

Outclassed =/= powercreep.

Even the Julia and Deirdre comparison isn’t a very good one. Julia has extra HP and Atk though her Spd is admittedly sketch. But I digress.

“But Divine Naga”! That only comes into play vs physical units, since tanking red mages is dumb, Julia is guaranteed to run G Tomebreaker / QR already, and never gets damaged ever by blue mages. At which point I have to ask why the heck are you using either unit for tanking physical attacks, they both have sub-50 physical bulk and will die regardless of any damage mitigation that one has.

Deirdre isn’t powercreep because she doesn’t raise the ceiling. She’s just higher than the floor if only on paper.

Sigurd is more suspect, but having more and better options is a good thing, and it isn’t powercreep.

Edited by MrSmokestack

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

In any other game, Palla would be my second because Catria is still best favorite Whitewing, but she feels... underwhelming in this game.

Catria is the best but Palla is second best easily. I prefer Palla’s Heroes art actually. Those tights, man :3

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also prefer Palla. But the realization that Catria is always better gameplay-wise…

Catria is my queen of the skies indeed, but big sisters always get it done.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Even the Julia and Deirdre comparison isn’t a very good one. Julia has extra HP and Atk though her Spd is admittedly sketch. But I digress.

“But Divine Naga”! That only comes into play vs physical units, since tanking red mages is dumb, Julia is guaranteed to run G Tomebreaker / QR already, and never gets damaged ever by blue mages. At which point I have to ask why the heck are you using either unit for tanking physical attacks, they both have sub-50 physical bulk and will die regardless of any damage mitigation that one has.

Deirdre isn’t powercreep because she doesn’t raise the ceiling. She’s just higher than the floor if only on paper.

Sigurd is more suspect, but having more and better options is a good thing, and it isn’t powercreep.

Divine Naga is for tanking bladetomes, not necessarily red mages. It's still a better weapon than regular Naga. Deirdre's stats are slightly better optimised, though that's mostly just for my case with -Atk Julia

Regardless, it's annoying to spend orbs/feathers on a unit only for IS to release a slightly better version shortly after, and it's definitely going to happen again.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fair enough. Palla's got Speed that's a little shaky in 12/15, but she isn't that much worse than Catria. If a tier list were a literal stack of human beings holding each other up, Palla would be right below Catria, with no one in between.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Catria is the best but Palla is second best easily. I prefer Palla’s Heroes art actually. Those tights, man :3

There's something about her face that just looks off to me, for some reason. I don't really know what it is, especially since everyone else that cuboon draws looks outstanding. Although if we're going by legwear, Caeda still has Palla beat to me. Now if only she would reward my dedication with an Atk boon so I can finally 5-star my +7 4-star...

The funny thing is Palla have always been the better of the two unless they exit Archanea

FEs 1, 3, and 11 I can see that being the case for. But FE12? Doesn't Catria's good Speed growth make her better than Palla, who might need a Speedwing or fast class on Lunatic?

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Although if we're going by legwear, Caeda still has Palla beat to me. Now if only she would reward my dedication with an Atk boon so I can finally 5-star my +7 4-star...

Caeda and Palla are pretty much equal in terms of art for me. Caeda looks reluctant attacking, while Palla has this face of a seasoned warrior.

Caeda is like “yo dawg, i heard u like stockings, so im wearing stocking inside stockings”, while Palla wears tights. Tights almost always > non-tights.

My big sis is Spd/HP, and I’ve never regretted promoting her:

2WuugQN.png

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wow, both our Julias were almost identical in the end. That's kinda impressive.

I care for FE4 more for a similar reason; although Awakening was my first (technically second, but I didn't play much of Sacred Stones until I got further in Awakening), I really like using the FE4 Spotpass characters, since I liked their designs. That led me to read up on them and the story of FE4 on a wiki, and I got more attached to them through that. And then I finally played FE4 itself, and I ended up loving the cast even more by the end of it. So I can definitely understand the feeling of getting interested in characters through other games.

That's kinda how I feel too; now I can promote somebody else for some other reason. Although I still have way too many options to choose from, so it didn't really help too much in the end...

If they added Pantsless Marth at all, I'm pretty sure everyone would forgive them immediately.

Julia's great. I had to choose between a +Spd/-Def and my +Atk/-Res. Decided to go with the later since I used her with GTomebreaker and I really liked her raw power.

Smash is the game that got me interested in FE. Was curious about the two sword wielding characters that spoke in gibberish in Melee (for a while, young me thought they were speaking Italian for some reason) and then Ike was playable in Brawl. I then realized there was a FE game on the Wii with Ike in it and decided to rent it. Bought it shortly after and it's probably one of the game I replayed the most.

Decided to promote Arvis because it would not only give me a bonus unit for the next arena season (unless they bamboozle us and replace him with Ayra) and his map sprite animation is just the best.

Only they add Summer Arden as well.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

“But Divine Naga”! That only comes into play vs physical units, since tanking red mages is dumb, Julia is guaranteed to run G Tomebreaker / QR already, and never gets damaged ever by blue units. At which point I have to ask why the heck are you using either unit for tanking physical attacks, they both have sub-50 physical bulk and will die regardless of any damage mitigation that one has.

My view on the whole power creep thing is that while Bridelia outclassed all the archers offensively, it was acceptable because it was withing the rules of the game. She had the same BST as any ranged infantry unit, but it was just placed more efficiently. The problem with Ayra is that she's not just better because her stats are well placed, but also because she get's a random +5 to her BST, a unique weapon that's on par with the CYL weapons and a unique special skills that is incredibly good. Black Luna was good, but Alondite doesn't have 2 attributes, the BK has standard armor BST and he's free so I don't have any problems with him. 

Sigurd is also somewhat problematic for similar reasons to Ayra, though in his case it's a really strong passive instead of a strong special. Poor Eldigan's only niche now is that he has a killer weapon and 4 more HP, which isn't much of a consolation when Sigurd's kit gives him insane bulk and he's better in every other stats.(yes Eldigan has more Res than Sigurd at 19 vs 17, but Divine Tyrfing allows Sigurd to overtake him there as well).

TL:DR, Bridelia outclassed units using the usual rules for unit stats. Ayra and Sigurd outclasses their competition by going outside of those rules thanks to inflated BST and powerful preference skills.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

“But Divine Naga”! That only comes into play vs physical units, since tanking red mages is dumb, Julia is guaranteed to run G Tomebreaker / QR already, and never gets damaged ever by blue units. At which point I have to ask why the heck are you using either unit for tanking physical attacks, they both have sub-50 physical bulk and will die regardless of any damage mitigation that one has.

I don't consider Dierdre to be powercreep that much, maybe her tome effect is slightly more powerful than a second rung skill typical of Legendaries, but that's splitting hairs,

I don't think reshuffling BST is powercreep, since you're going to have to have a weak spot somewhere if you are min maxing elsewhere, you will be taking a hit elsewhere.  If you just keep padding that BST that's not necessarily going to be the case.

RIght now, Sigurd is basically just better Eldigan but with actually having a decent Speed stat.

Imagine we took Sigurd's 5 extra BST all from his speed, then compared to Eldigan, we'd have

HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res

Sigurd: 41/35/27/34/17

Eldigan: 45/32/24/34/19

Even without the extra Speed, Sigurd is the far superior unit, only losing out a bit in HP and Res, the latter of which is made up for by his sword, so he only loses out in HP by 4, and is equal or better in everything else before the +5 BST.  I don't know why that felt the need to do this.

No, the powercreep we've seen recently is the new legendaries that the CYL Heroes and now Sigurd and Ayra have.  And on top of that, they get +5 BST for no good reason.  It's really making me dread the future if this level of power creep is only going to grow exponentially. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why would any self respecting person wear thigh high socks over tights?

You know, for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling really bummed about Heroes.  I had a chance to play a bit today, but even then, I just did the bare minimum for my daily quests and logged out.  My Stamina is fully charged and I don't want to play or train anybody.  What's the point if it's all going to be obsolete when they release 200 BST Gheb next month?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FEs 1, 3, and 11 I can see that being the case for. But FE12? Doesn't Catria's good Speed growth make her better than Palla, who might need a Speedwing or fast class on Lunatic?

Palla is way better on Lunatic in a sense that if you did not use Palla you suffer a bigger loss than not using Catria. The biggest value Palla brings is really that she doubles shit with Silver Lance from join time and is a great long term unit. You do need that Silver Lance offense and you do get Arran and Sirius but Arran sucks long term while Sirius is kinda shaky overall(theres a reason Sirius is considered the most overrated unit in that game). 

Catria is only better with RP and even then its really arguable. If you are playing NoKris run shes actually definitively weaker than Altean that is promoted in chapter 4 whereas Palla is still comparable. I guess Catria is better if you RP and NG+ Arm Scroll but by that logic RP Speedwings Palla is 4 speed away from cap and by the time she petters off she become Sniper and SM.

The meta with Catria atm is to promote her to Falcoknight which honestly automatically makes her weaker than Palla due to Marth syndrome*

*when you actually did not suffer statistically from lack of promotion before you realized the burst stats increase of promotion is busted especially in bulk area. Seriously FE12 promotion is crazy

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner