Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Julius from what I've read is not "I am the Immortal Shadow Dragon God Loptyr!" he acts like a rotten, egotistical child and calls Arvis, whom he hates, "Father". Only when killed by Seliph or Julia does he speak truly as Loptyr, otherwise you can see Loptyr as a twisted Julius, and not simply Loptyr.

The possession happened at age 10 I think, Julia says he used to be a sweat (typo) sweet boy.

And we have an abundance of villainous Dark Mages to get through, DeNA hasn't added a single one yet. Let's get one done now so it won't be so heavy with them later.

Granted it's a wiki and wikis can be wrong, but the wiki states: "Julius' character as an individual is not explicitly revealed throughout the course of the game, as his actions are strongly influenced or even controlled by Loptyr. Under the influence of Loptyr, however, Julius is an extremely cold and cruel individual with a very high opinion of himself and his abilities." That statement makes me think that the Julius in Genealogy is like the usual evil possessed or influenced character whose negative traits are magnified like Iori Yagami and Leona Heidern being feral when under the influence of Orochi, Riku being a dick because of Ansem, or even Valter going from being an already despicable person to being an even more despicable person because of Duessel's Cursed Lance. Without whatever is influencing him, actual Julius might be at worst, a douchebag, but not anything like whatever Loptyr-influenced Julius is if that makes any sense.

As for the dark mage thing, considering that Arvis marks our third GHB mage, it's going to take a while... We don't even have axe armor, axe cavalier, lance armor, lance infantry, sword flyer, dagger unit, or even healer GHBs for that matter let alone more specialized ones like flying archers and mages. Now that I think about it, we never got a Tellius GHB because the Black Knight wasn't a GHB unit. Man, do I want Ashnard or some high attack, high defense sword flyer.On the other hand with new, regularly available summonable units: we haven't gotten an axe flyer, axe infantry, green cavalry mage, lance armor, red cavalry mage, or sword armor which is probably the most hilarious since there are 4 sword armors and 3 of them are free units with Draug also being a quest unit twice.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Typo much? Or are you implying Catria lacks sex appeal?

Typo indeed. But I’m not a huge fan of Catria (and anyone else, for that matter) lacking underwear. Semper ubi, sub ubi ubique, as the wise men say.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why would any self respecting person wear thigh high socks over tights?

I can’t hear you over the sound of my tights fetish, sorry.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tights almost always > non-thighs.

Yo, you talkin' bad about Caeda? That had better be a typo, buddy.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Caeda and Palla are pretty much equal in terms of art for me. Caeda looks reluctant attacking, while Palla has this face of a seasoned warrior.

Caeda is like “yo dawg, i heard u like stockings, so im wearing stocking inside stockings”, while Palla wears tights. Tights almost always > non-thighs.

My big sis is Spd/HP, and I’ve never regretted promoting her:

I do prefer Caeda's personally, but I can see where you're coming from. Although I find both of their attack poses to be a bit... underwhelming. They don't really look like they're actually attacking much.

I could be misinterpreting Palla's art, but it looks to me like she's wearing thigh-high socks under her not-quite-as-thigh-high boots, which is similar to Caeda's own double-stocking madness. Plus Caeda's boots look more like actual horse riding boots compared to Palla's. But maybe that's just me.

Admittedly, I've never really had a Palla with a good boon/bane. I was excited when the last one I pulled had +Spd, but then I saw that she had -Atk, and I just got sad. Once I get a decent one, she'll be set aside for an eventually promotion.

13 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Julia's great. I had to choose between a +Spd/-Def and my +Atk/-Res. Decided to go with the later since I used her with GTomebreaker and I really liked her raw power.

Smash is the game that got me interested in FE. Was curious about the two sword wielding characters that spoke in gibberish in Melee (for a while, young me thought they were speaking Italian for some reason) and then Ike was playable in Brawl. I then realized there was a FE game on the Wii with Ike in it and decided to rent it. Bought it shortly after and it's probably one of the game I replayed the most.

Decided to promote Arvis because it would not only give me a bonus unit for the next arena season (unless they bamboozle us and replace him with Ayra) and his map sprite animation is just the best.

Only they add Summer Arden as well.

My view on the whole power creep thing is that while Bridelia outclassed all the archers offensively, it was acceptable because it was withing the rules of the game. She had the same BST as any ranged infantry unit, but it was just placed more efficiently. The problem with Ayra is that she's not just better because her stats are well placed, but also because she get's a random +5 to her BST, a unique weapon that's on par with the CYL weapons and a unique special skills that is incredibly good. Black Luna was good, but Alondite doesn't have 2 attributes, the BK has standard armor BST and he's free so I don't have any problems with him. 

Sigurd is also somewhat problematic for similar reasons to Ayra, though in his case it's a really strong passive instead of a strong special. Poor Eldigan's only niche now is that he has a killer weapon and 4 more HP, which isn't much of a consolation when Sigurd's kit gives him insane bulk and he's better in every other stats.(yes Eldigan has more Res than Sigurd at 19 vs 17, but Divine Tyrfing allows Sigurd to overtake him there as well).

TL:DR, Bridelia outclassed units using the usual rules for unit stats. Ayra and Sigurd outclasses their competition by going outside of those rules thanks to inflated BST and powerful preference skills.

It's funny that you used the exact same example to put forth a similar sentiment just as I was writing it.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Typo indeed. But I’m not a huge fan of Catria (and anyone else, for that matter) lacking underwear. Semper ubi, sub ubi ubique, as the wise men say.

I can’t hear you over the sound of my tights fetish, sorry.

Have you ever tried wearing thick socks over nylons?  It makes your feet sweat like crazy.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Have you ever tried wearing thick socks over nylons?  It makes your feet sweat like crazy.

That is unfortunate, I agree and admit. There might be some magic involved anyway.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yo, you talkin' bad about Caeda? That had better be a typo, buddy.

I do prefer Caeda's personally, but I can see where you're coming from. Although I find both of their attack poses to be a bit... underwhelming. They don't really look like they're actually attacking much.

I could be misinterpreting Palla's art, but it looks to me like she's wearing thigh-high socks under her not-quite-as-thigh-high boots, which is similar to Caeda's own double-stocking madness. Plus Caeda's boots look more like actual horse riding boots compared to Palla's. But maybe that's just me.

Admittedly, I've never really had a Palla with a good boon/bane. I was excited when the last one I pulled had +Spd, but then I saw that she had -Atk, and I just got sad. Once I get a decent one, she'll be set aside for an eventually promotion.

At least you're halfway there, Palla really likes a Speed boon. I had the same nature as my best one too before Elincia came along.

now i have a +spd/-res and +spd/-HP one though and i'm not sure who to choose.

might upgrade one of her anyway to replace my 5 star one that will be fodder for Olivia. A part of me feels like i should replace a bad 5 star that i feed off for inheritance eventually.

i mean i could 4 star+10 a Palla instead but her skills are just too good to inherit!

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Prople please black pants and white formal dress is the best fetish

I kinda hate it because youd suffer in college with it though

Why are you wearing black pants with a white formal dress?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Why are you wearing black pants with a white formal dress?

I think i used the wrong word. My english sucks

I meant along the lines of White formal clothing(is it the right word) with black pants which is basically as standard of a formal wear as i can think off. 

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I meant along the lines of White formal clothing(is it the right word) with black pants which is basically as standard of a formal wear as i can think off. 

You mean like a white jacket black pants tuxedo or something like that?

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

White button up shirt or blouse with dress pants? Kind of like what you’d see a waiter /waitress wearing?

16 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Julia's great. I had to choose between a +Spd/-Def and my +Atk/-Res. Decided to go with the later since I used her with GTomebreaker and I really liked her raw power.

Smash is the game that got me interested in FE. Was curious about the two sword wielding characters that spoke in gibberish in Melee (for a while, young me thought they were speaking Italian for some reason) and then Ike was playable in Brawl. I then realized there was a FE game on the Wii with Ike in it and decided to rent it. Bought it shortly after and it's probably one of the game I replayed the most.

Decided to promote Arvis because it would not only give me a bonus unit for the next arena season (unless they bamboozle us and replace him with Ayra) and his map sprite animation is just the best.

Only they add Summer Arden as well.

Oh no, your Julia has one more merge than mine! Curses! Maybe someday, luck will shine on me again, and give me another Julia. I also gave mine G Tomebreaker, and it is indeed quite useful. What did you give her for an A skill?

Well, okay, if we're counting Smash, then Melee was my introduction as well. Although the difference there is that I never cared about them enough to look into their games (even though Roy was my definite favorite in Melee). I might not be a Fire Emblem fan today if they hadn't given out Sacred Stones to early 3DS owners for free. I did decide on playing Shadow Dragon after Awakening and SS partially thanks to Smash though. Also because PoR was way too expensive by that point, which was admittedly the bigger factor. I'll probably grab FE10 once I have some spare money this winter, since it's still the only on I have yet to play.

I'll be using Tailtiu for my bonus unit (both in Arena and TT), but I do still want to promote Arvis at some point too. It'll probably just come down to whoever I feel the most bias for when I get 20,000 feathers, which changes quite often.

I would become a whale for Summer Arden. Bonus points if his weapon is also an actual whale that he beats people with.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

At least you're halfway there, Palla really likes a Speed boon. I had the same nature as my best one too before Elincia came along.

now i have a +spd/-res and +spd/-HP one though and i'm not sure who to choose.

might upgrade one of her anyway to replace my 5 star one that will be fodder for Olivia. A part of me feels like i should replace a bad 5 star that i feed off for inheritance eventually.

i mean i could 4 star+10 a Palla instead but her skills are just too good to inherit!

I actually just remembered that I have one 3-star Palla that I don't remember the nature of (because she's level 6 right now). Maybe she's the chosen one?

I'd probably go for -Res. It wouldn't really make much of a difference, but she probably shouldn't be dealing with many magic users anyway (and the ones that she does should be green, so a few less points in Res won't hurt as much), and the HP will help (very, very slightly) against physical units.

My problem is that I want to eventually see all the level 40 5-star conversations, I could look them up on the wiki, but... that's cheating. Shame that my +7 Caeda will end up weaker after promotion, but oh well.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I actually just remembered that I have one 3-star Palla that I don't remember the nature of (because she's level 6 right now). Maybe she's the chosen one?

I'd probably go for -Res. It wouldn't really make much of a difference, but she probably shouldn't be dealing with many magic users anyway (and the ones that she does should be green, so a few less points in Res won't hurt as much), and the HP will help (very, very slightly) against physical units.

My problem is that I want to eventually see all the level 40 5-star conversations, I could look them up on the wiki, but... that's cheating. Shame that my +7 Caeda will end up weaker after promotion, but oh well.

Did you do away with your neutral Palla back when there were the free Whitewings? Maybe that's her?

I already unlocked the 5 star convo with the free summon Palla at least (I'll do this for 20k skill promotions like Gordin and Odin eventually). Can't lie, I do like seeing the gold border and 5 stars on her though, so it pains me to use her for fodder.

And wow that's a lot of Caedas. I only summoned one 4 star one and boy was she hard to train...

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My problem is that I want to eventually see all the level 40 5-star conversations, I could look them up on the wiki, but... that's cheating.

Shame that my +7 Caeda will end up weaker after promotion, but oh well.

I can spoil you, hehehe.

My Caeda is +1, but 5★.

29 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

My view on the whole power creep thing is that while Bridelia outclassed all the archers offensively, it was acceptable because it was withing the rules of the game. She had the same BST as any ranged infantry unit, but it was just placed more efficiently. The problem with Ayra is that she's not just better because her stats are well placed, but also because she get's a random +5 to her BST, a unique weapon that's on par with the CYL weapons and a unique special skills that is incredibly good. Black Luna was good, but Alondite doesn't have 2 attributes, the BK has standard armor BST and he's free so I don't have any problems with him. 

Sigurd is also somewhat problematic for similar reasons to Ayra, though in his case it's a really strong passive instead of a strong special. Poor Eldigan's only niche now is that he has a killer weapon and 4 more HP, which isn't much of a consolation when Sigurd's kit gives him insane bulk and he's better in every other stats.(yes Eldigan has more Res than Sigurd at 19 vs 17, but Divine Tyrfing allows Sigurd to overtake him there as well).

TL:DR, Bridelia outclassed units using the usual rules for unit stats. Ayra and Sigurd outclasses their competition by going outside of those rules thanks to inflated BST and powerful preference skills.

I'll mention this here again, but according to a post on Reddit, Ayra's BST is a special category. Unlike Tobin (who ties Ayra for highest BST), who has Trainee BST that adjusts his growth (low level 1 BST, high level 40 BST), Ayra's extra BST is added differently. She received Brave Ike, Brave Lyn and Sigurd's +2 Growth Points to her GP total (33 against 31), BUT also randomly gained +1 stat point at level 1 compared to the infantry average (48 against 47). Not only is she randomly and arbitrarily higher in BST than everyone else, the method with which she gained it isn't a set curve like with Veterans and Trainees. If IS wanted, they could eventually release units with +2, +3, + infinity BST at level 1 while also getting the GP extra, which is a powercreep precedent, essentially.

Also, Sigurd actually does a few of Eldigan's sets, including Heavy Blade Galeforce, better than Eldigan himself. Sigurd requires the QP seal to be proc on mages, but Eldigan was too slow to double most of them anyway.

Also, I think overall no tights is better. @Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Did you do away with your neutral Palla back when there were the free Whitewings? Maybe that's her?

I already unlocked the 5 star convo with the free summon Palla at least (I'll do this for 20k skill promotions like Gordin and Odin eventually). Can't lie, I do like seeing the gold border and 5 stars on her though, so it pains me to use her for fodder.

And wow that's a lot of Caedas. I only summoned one 4 star one and boy was she hard to train...

Nah, I think I used that one for Moonbow fodder a while ago, since I already had her as a 4-star (that +HP/-Res Palla helped me through a lot of the story at launch, admittedly). Although, the Catria from those same quests is actually the one that I 5-starred, though now I have one with +Spd that I plan to promote and merge. No, turns out this Palla is actually +Atk/-HP! Probably not as good as +Spd, but better than -Atk for sure.

The only units I've 5-starred for fodder were Gordin and a few Hanas. Getting their conversations out of the way was nice, before mercilessly killing them to Clarisse and like two other people I think. I've killed a lot of promoted 5-star Hanas lately.

I just want a Caeda with +Atk... She gets 4 extra points at 5-star with +Atk, and frankly, she needs it. At least all these bad Caedas are helping to make her eventual promotion cheaper, if only slightly.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can spoil you, hehehe.

My Caeda is +1, but 5★.

nooooooooooooo D:

Although I kinda wish I had spoiled Est's before 5-starring her. I had high hopes for more Est/Abel lore, but I was disappointed greatly. At least I have a +Atk/-Def Est at 5-star now. Want me to feed her an Arvis for that Def Ploy?

Your Caeda had better not be +Atk, you fiend.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You forget that many a wise man has a been a hypocritical sexist cock. 

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

As for the dark mage thing, considering that Arvis marks our third GHB mage, it's going to take a while... We don't even have axe armor, axe cavalier, lance armor, lance infantry, sword flyer, dagger unit, or even healer GHBs for that matter let alone more specialized ones like flying archers and mages.

Healer GHB? Saias is the only unit I can think of who'd work for that. Give him a Berserk Staff. That'd be fun. Brainjacking your enemies, turning them against each other. Broken though. Daggers, well Jaffar was our best hope, the next would be Kotaro from Fates (who sadly isn't at all like Kotaro Fuma). Perne might have a chance at GHB status, one King Dagger please. Lance Armor is just awaiting Hardin, and Ashy Sword Flier as you pointed out. Aversa can be our magical Red Baroness. No hope for Flying Archer GHB though. Axe Armor can be Lombard.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Prople please black pants and white formal dress is the best fetish

For some reason, I'd like to see Dew in a tux. He'd be cute. Either he's marrying Briggid or Jamke.

If the latter, Jamke is standing at the altar, wondering whats with Dew being late. Then the doors open and in comes Dew in a big white ballgown holding a bouquet, complete with a veil covering his face. Jamke's face looks tortured as he sighs with hand to face, he thought he got Dew to agree, no dress! Halfway down the aisle he walks slowly in procession. Then he suddenly rips off the dress revealing a black tux and goes running up the aisle throwing most of the bouquet's flowers on the ground and slam dunking the veil onto Jamke's head before the ceremony finally commences. Jamke smiles at his soon-to-be husband's jovial nature. As the vows are being made, Dew can't help himself but make a sexual and scatological joke when Jamke recites as part of the vows "I do, Dew."

If you're wondering what happens to DewxBriggid, the story is quite different. After marriage and particularly after he realizes he's a daddy with the conception and birth of Febail, he loses his boyish charm and joking nature and becomes shy, depressed, and serious. Briggid isn't totally happy with this, and eventually manages to coax from Dew all his worries and fears. Dew consoled begins to restore himself to his old behaviors, knowing well his boyish years will soon be totally past, but he wants to get the most out of them as he can. By day of Patty's birth, he's in the room cracking jokes while looking at that which Patty will be coming out of. He does faint when he watches the birth, it's too much for him but when he recovers he snaps back to it. And he gives Patty her name after happily playing the classic baby game with her during their first interaction.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny that you used the exact same example to put forth a similar sentiment just as I was writing it.

Great minds think alike I guess.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh no, your Julia has one more merge than mine! Curses! Maybe someday, luck will shine on me again, and give me another Julia. I also gave mine G Tomebreaker, and it is indeed quite useful. What did you give her for an A skill?

Well, okay, if we're counting Smash, then Melee was my introduction as well. Although the difference there is that I never cared about them enough to look into their games (even though Roy was my definite favorite in Melee). I might not be a Fire Emblem fan today if they hadn't given out Sacred Stones to early 3DS owners for free. I did decide on playing Shadow Dragon after Awakening and SS partially thanks to Smash though. Also because PoR was way too expensive by that point, which was admittedly the bigger factor. I'll probably grab FE10 once I have some spare money this winter, since it's still the only on I have yet to play.

I'll be using Tailtiu for my bonus unit (both in Arena and TT), but I do still want to promote Arvis at some point too. It'll probably just come down to whoever I feel the most bias for when I get 20,000 feathers, which changes quite often.

I would become a whale for Summer Arden. Bonus points if his weapon is also an actual whale that he beats people with.

Fury. Probably could try out Death Blow with a Gronnblade build if I wanted to go all out offensive, but I appreciate the stat boost Fury gives, especially since it counteracts her res bane. 

I kind of wish that they'd re-release the Tellius games since my disc for RD is starting to fail (the game sometimes fail to load battle animations and just crash). IS give us FE Echoes : Wars of Judgral and FE Echoes : Lehran's Sorrow.

I'm using Sigurd this season and he'll probably be my TT bonus unit as well. Arvis is for the next arena season. And I can relate to that feeling. My plan was to give my next 40k feather to Cordelia in the form of a Firesweep Lance+ and LaD3. Instead I have a 5* Arvis.

I can just imagine. Arden in swimming trunks, with a crown of flowers and beating up people with a whale.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That... actually makes the current situation even worse. So not only does she break the usual new unit trend by not being announced and being put on a banner with 2 old characters, but beyond her already CYL growth bonus and weapon and strong preference special, she arbitrarily has more 1 BST at level 1?

WTH was IS thinking with this one...

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Your Caeda had better not be +Atk, you fiend.

Nope, she’s neutral. The one I merged into her was –Atk.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you approve of forgoing underwear then? You be you, of course.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That escalated.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tights or no tights, nice thighs are what matters the most.

But we don't have to put anything on them.

Also, I approve of commando.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Healer GHB? Saias is the only unit I can think of who'd work for that. Give him a Berserk Staff. That'd be fun. Brainjacking your enemies, turning them against each other. Broken though. Daggers, well Jaffar was our best hope, the next would be Kotaro from Fates (who sadly isn't at all like Kotaro Fuma). Perne might have a chance at GHB status, one King Dagger please. Lance Armor is just awaiting Hardin, and Ashy Sword Flier as you pointed out. Aversa can be our magical Red Baroness. No hope for Flying Archer GHB though. Axe Armor can be Lombard.

Reina from Fates can make do as a GHB archer flier. Sure she's not villainous per se but she's not exactly a goodie two shoes anyway and likes seeing the blood of her enemies (and is an enemy in CQ).

Also Yukimura could be interesting as a GHB. He's not really a unit that you can encounter/recruit by normal means (and even then in Birthright it's through special building upgrades) and if you don't do BR he's an enemy unit.

If anything I'm more for interesting units as free units/variety. Remember when the first GHBs were mostly swords?

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But we don't have to put anything on them.

Also, I approve of commando.

We don’t have to indeed, but we’re talking opinions here. Subjectivism ho!

Not very hygienic, unfortunately.