Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does she talk about her child?

Lachesis' story is sad, but in a different way... Her life was harsh, but not as harsh as getting mentally tortured. She was restless and never satisfied after Eldigan's death, from what I understand, and based on Diarmuid and Nanna's heritage. Have you watched Gone with the Wind? She reminds of that heroine.

Nope. Here, I'll quote the castle line in the spoiler if you're curious, plus some other observations:

Spoiler

"Father, I'm sorry... Because of me, our family's lost its honor."

This makes me think that she was maybe taken from right after killing her father? She's pretty cheerful considering, but she does have a voice line or two that could be seen as being forlorn, including one also mentioning her father (literally, "I'm sorry, Father..."). She never mentions her kids at all, or any of her other family members for that matter.

Her level 40 line was lame though.

Also yeah, Lachesis is a character that's more sad because of who she is, and not because of what happens to her. She's my favorite Gen 1 character primarily because I like tragic and flawed characters, and if there's any playable character that's tragic and flawed... Lachesis is definitely one of the most notable ones.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It worked for Spiderman, there's no reason for it to not work for Eirika.

Hey, I gave Eirika special powers!

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nope. Here, I'll quote the castle line in the spoiler if you're curious, plus some other observations:

Reveal hidden contents

"Father, I'm sorry... Because of me, our family's lost its honor."

This makes me think that she was maybe taken from right after killing her father? She's pretty cheerful considering, but she does have a voice line or two that could be seen as being forlorn, including one also mentioning her father (literally, "I'm sorry, Father..."). She never mentions her kids at all, or any of her other family members for that matter.

Her level 40 line was lame though.

Also yeah, Lachesis is a character that's more sad because of who she is, and not because of what happens to her. She's my favorite Gen 1 character primarily because I like tragic and flawed characters, and if there's any playable character that's tragic and flawed... Lachesis is definitely one of the most notable ones.

Oh, that's fairly tame for a Genealogy character. Especially Tailtyu. Maybe they decided they didn't want that mega downer that is her later life in Heroes.

Lachesis is certainly interesting. I like it when people write protagonists that purposely have values considered unacceptable in our society, but not scorned in the medium.

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does she talk about her child?

So when she comes in contact with creepy crawlies, her appearance temporarily changes and she Astras everything?

Lachesis' story is sad, but in a different way... Her life was harsh, but not as harsh as getting mentally tortured. She was restless and never satisfied after Eldigan's death, from what I understand, and based on Diarmuid and Nanna's heritage. Have you watched Gone with the Wind? She reminds of that heroine.

I dont think its really never satisfied and more that she had some sort of complex with not wanting to lose her loved ones anymore. This makes her decision irational(as presented by FE5) but it does makes sense. She wants to have her little family of 6 together that she never quite manage to have

Come to think of it considering that Finn is also mentally abnormal it makes you wonder what kind of a mess their family had lol

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

At the expense of making her a very violent and resentful woman. What would Ephraim say if he saw her like that?

Bro this is Ephraim

He would wonder where Eirika get that awesome power and challenge her to a fight oblivious like that

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, that's fairly tame for a Genealogy character. Especially Tailtyu. Maybe they decided they didn't want that mega downer that is her later life in Heroes.

Lachesis is certainly interesting. I like it when people write protagonists that purposely have values considered unacceptable in our society, but not scorned in the medium.

Yeah, they really don't go into any detail for her. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they wanted to avoid spoilers... but then there's Arvis, a free unit that anybody can have, who outright says "Sigurd had to die." Subtle, Heroes. Real subtle. Couldn't at least give Tailtiu something about her iffy family?

Same, Lachesis seems to have a lot more depth than most FE characters. Although to be fair, FE4 in general has more interesting characters than most FEs to me, so it's not like she's some special exception. Her full personality and problems also aren't shoved in your face, and can be inferred from optional conversations and such, which is nice. I really wish there were more characters written like you said; even outside of FE, I wish it would be more common than it is. It's far more interesting to learn about and explore characters like that.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Bro this is Ephraim

He would wonder where Eirika get that awesome power and challenge her to a fight oblivious like that

Classic Ephraim. That's hell he's walking into underestimate her and get cut to pieces.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Classic Ephraim. That's hell he's walking into underestimate her and get cut to pieces.

He can’t get cut to pieces, unfortunately (even though that would have been fairfrom time to time). His plot armour doesn’t let him pick fights he cannot win.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

And what portion of the fanbase is that? The only Arena-based merging I've done is Fae, whose three 5* encounters happened at three very distinct occasions.

The 'main' team is the go-to team for all content, not just arena. Merges do give +2 BST on top of arena score.

The main advantage of being on the main team is that their promotions are 'discounted' by however much extra arena feathers they earn. It's only a 'discount' and not a feather 'income' because it takes feathers to keep up with the score requirement in the first place, so, if feathers were the only important thing, it's better to simply not promote the main team at all and stay in T17-18.

But main teams do other stuff than arena. (For a player who doesn't grind HM, their HM list would be pretty representative of their main team, since those would be the units with maxe merit.) My personal go-to team is: Dancer, Rein, B!Lyn, Cordelia, with Cordelia being the most often switch-out. (2 move melee R.I.P. in pepperonis.) And them being hilariously overpowered (in terms of feather investment for merges and skills) make all content easier.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

We're asking for IS to not release banners with new units for the two weeks they've normally refrained. People who want to summon the old units are working on a different metric to those who want the new units- and I doubt they're happy about getting a suprise new unit either.

They're only unhappy because they expected Ayra to be free, so it's not a 'new unit,' but rather a 'cash grab' attempt. 

Except they were the ones who thought Ayra was free in the first place. Yes, they had basis, but there was basis for Ayra being a banner unit as well. High BST, good spread, great Prf, unique skill, everything that makes Ayra unique also makes Ayra a good candidate for a banner unit.

That is, rather than comparing between: Holy War and TT banner vs. Holy War only. They're comparing: Holy War and TT banner vs. Ayra free. The 'Ayra should be on the holy war banner' is just a smokescreen, really, considering Holy War & TT is significantly better than the other option.

Even if you wanted Ayra and Sigurd, the advantage of 2 separate banners is that, suppose you start Ayra:

You snipe Ayra until you get her, now you stop sniping her and jump to Sigurds banner, where Sigurd is the only red focus. You trade a very minor amount of orbs for consistentcy, meaning one's less prone to RNG screwage for any given amount of orbs.

The counter-point is, of course:

Ayra could get spooked by Eldigan. But the thing is, that's still loads better than Ayra being spooked by Sigurd, because it'll be cutting into a 4 focus 5* odds rather than a 3 focus 5* odds. Ayra would get spooked away just as often relative to the amount of 5*s, except, with the 4 unit option, the amount of 5*s is less, necessitating more orbs used.

That's why I said only people who wanted Sigurd and Ayra are heavily affected---I'm not really talking about the ones that only want a copy of each, who are more or less fine in either case: An average case is better in the 4 unit Holy War banner, but the two separate Banners has a small standard deviation. Price v. consistency is basically an okay trade.

It's the people who want multi-merges of Sigurd and Ayra who suffer the most---they don't care about consistency because the law of large numbers start kicking in once you whale that hard on a single banner. The smaller whales and dolphins and minnows benefit the most from the higher consistency offer by 2 separate banners, meaning their 99% cap, that is, the amount of orbs they'll spend to reach 99% of getting Ayra, Sigurd, or Ayra and Sigurd is quite a bit less than the 99% cap for the single banner case, even though the 50% case is probably single banner favored.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

He can’t get cut to pieces, unfortunately (even though that would have been fairfrom time to time). His plot armour doesn’t let him pick fights he cannot win.

Lucina was going to exterminate him during the first VG if not for her father's intervention Dammit Chrom? so there's that at least.

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I dont think its really never satisfied and more that she had some sort of complex with not wanting to lose her loved ones anymore. This makes her decision irational(as presented by FE5) but it does makes sense. She wants to have her little family of 6 together that she never quite manage to have

Come to think of it considering that Finn is also mentally abnormal it makes you wonder what kind of a mess their family had lol

I got the vibe that she wasn't satisfied with her life with how Diarmuid and Nanna likely have different fathers, and then she ends up leaving Nanna behind to look for Diarmuid. Feels like she's chasing after something she'll never get back.

13 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

At the expense of making her a very violent and resentful woman. What would Ephraim say if he saw her like that?

He would love it and join me in the bullying.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, they really don't go into any detail for her. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they wanted to avoid spoilers... but then there's Arvis, a free unit that anybody can have, who outright says "Sigurd had to die." Subtle, Heroes. Real subtle. Couldn't at least give Tailtiu something about her iffy family?

Same, Lachesis seems to have a lot more depth than most FE characters. Although to be fair, FE4 in general has more interesting characters than most FEs to me, so it's not like she's some special exception. Her full personality and problems also aren't shoved in your face, and can be inferred from optional conversations and such, which is nice. I really wish there were more characters written like you said; even outside of FE, I wish it would be more common than it is. It's far more interesting to learn about and explore characters like that.

Who knows. Maybe IS' monkey writing team brought back some of the worse monkeys. Or they didn't want everyone's hearts to split in four.

Kaga was a lot more focused on his own personal direction for the series than trying to find a formula that works and avoiding controversy, I guess. Which might be part of why he ended up leaving IS. His writing is definitely risky, and he changed up how FEs work from 1 to 5 so much, they become hardly recognizable.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Honestly though Ephraim plot armor isnt quite as bad as FE3 Marth and Finn lol

@SatsumaFSoysoy lets be honest though if Kaga keep being the series director the series still wont move away from being totally not FE3 it have been so far. 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy lets be honest though if Kaga keep being the series director the series still wont move away from being totally not FE3 it have been so far. 

Yeah, he he never really moved away from the same world (since Jugdral is kinda implied to a prequel to Archanea) in five games, while FE6, the first one made without him, immediately hopped off the established world and conventions. He would have some wacky ideas we wouldn't see from current IS for sure, I think. For good or worse, we'll never know lol.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, he he never really moved away from the same world (since Jugdral is kinda implied to a prequel to Archanea) in five games, while FE6, the first one made without him, immediately hopped off the established world and conventions. He would have some wacky ideas we wouldn't see from current IS for sure, I think. For good or worse, we'll never know lol.

Its not just the setting. Kaga is the same guy who created Lionheart and made a game entirely off the first 8 chapter of FE3

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its not just the setting. Kaga is the same guy who created Lionheart and made a game entirely off the first 8 chapter of FE3

Huh? Never heard of Lionheart. What's that?

Also, I'm slightly sad that Kaga now has to resort to making indie games with SRPG. He's fallen hard. I wonder if he has another job.

Actually nvm he's definitely retired.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh? Never heard of Lionheart. What's that?

Also, I'm slightly sad that Kaga now has to resort to making indie games with SRPG. He's fallen hard. I wonder if he has another job.

Actually nvm he's definitely retired.

Character from TRS that is totally not Hardin

Also iirc their totally not Camus(?) Is even named Zeek

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They are so similar, Marth and Roy can very well be brothers.

Honestly not really. FE11 Marth and FE12 Marth is way different to Roy while FE1 and FE3 Marth practically have the personality of a plain paper due to what they tried to be used for

Roy does have a defined role and personality

This is already the second day in a row where I don't know what to do with my stamina. 

• All game content is cleared
  • Arena and AA runs are done for this week
  • TT starter team is set 
  • Most 5* units have got a nice stock of at least 1,000 SP (at least those who still need to inherit something), thanks warriors maps! 
  • At least one copy of each unit I got is at L40
  • ~40 fodder units leveled up to L20
  • No orbs (4) or feathers (63) left to waste