• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Guys, what do you think of Drive skills on dancers/singers? I pulled a PA!Azura and 3 Tiltyus and I was thinking of adding my 4* +Atk!Eirika (should have promoted her way earlier uh...) to form a core of BladeTomeBlueMage-BufferRedSword-GreenDancer which seems pretty solid to me. Eirika will obviously carry Sieglinde+HoneSpd and I was wondering if Drive Speed could be a good C-skill for Azura. Problem is: since she's going to be dancing, won't people move away from her? Won't she be too far from allies for a Drive skill to be relevant?

Edited by Koumal8

32 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Guys, what do you think of Drive skills on dancers/singers? I pulled a PA!Azura and 3 Tiltyus and I was thinking of adding my 4* +Atk!Eirika (should have promoted her way earlier uh...) to form a core of BladeTomeBlueMage-BufferRedSword-GreenDancer which seems pretty solid to me. Eirika will obviously carry Sieglinde+HoneSpd and I was wondering if Drive Speed could be a good C-skill for Azura. Problem is: since she's going to be dancing, won't people move away from her? Won't she be too far from allies for a Drive skill to be relevant?

Arguably the dancer will be the closest ally during the fighting because someone needs to lead the charge and that is either going to be someone facetanking while everyone manoeuvres around them on PP or it will be someone going in for a dive to get a key pick on the reinhardt/lyn/other big threat, none of their other allies are going to be diving with them at least not initially however their dancer in most circumstances could be placed in a way they can deliver their target and give them the buff so, they are probably one of the better users for it.

DO Debuffs stack, I was planning to give Arvis the Atk Ploy seal however I need to know if it will stack with valaflame first?

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Arguably the dancer will be the closest ally during the fighting because someone needs to lead the charge and that is either going to be someone facetanking while everyone manoeuvres around them on PP or it will be someone going in for a dive to get a key pick on the reinhardt/lyn/other big threat, none of their other allies are going to be diving with them at least not initially however their dancer in most circumstances could be placed in a way they can deliver their target and give them the buff so, they are probably one of the better users for it.

DO Debuffs stack, I was planning to give Arvis the Atk Ploy seal however I need to know if it will stack with valaflame first?

Ehi thanks; Ploy debuffs unfortunately don't stack though, sorry

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This is already the second day in a row where I don't know what to do with my stamina. 

• All game content is cleared
  • Arena and AA runs are done for this week
  • TT starter team is set 
  • Most 5* units have got a nice stock of at least 1,000 SP (at least those who still need to inherit something), thanks warriors maps! 
  • At least one copy of each unit I got is at L40
  • ~40 fodder units leveled up to L20
  • No orbs (4) or feathers (63) left to waste

Same here bro U.u.

I wonder how people would have reacted if the TT Banner was announced in the Holy War Trailer too.

Gachas reward paranoia

Edited by Troykv

Aww, Recovery Ring is only 200 SP. I know it's not inheritable and thus can't be compared to Renewal 3, but I was expecting 300 for a 5 star locked passive. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This is already the second day in a row where I don't know what to do with my stamina. 

• All game content is cleared
  • Arena and AA runs are done for this week
  • TT starter team is set 
  • Most 5* units have got a nice stock of at least 1,000 SP (at least those who still need to inherit something), thanks warriors maps! 
  • At least one copy of each unit I got is at L40
  • ~40 fodder units leveled up to L20
  • No orbs (4) or feathers (63) left to waste

Oof, I just might have nightmares about reaching this point. Good thing I don't even have 20% of my CCs finished. That's how I've been spending excess stamina this month. Laying off Lunatic difficulties though, since I like having an emergency stash of orbs.

Now that the weekend SP bonus is here, I've been training Arvis on the Warriors maps. Got him up to 4* lv40, and now I've been retraining him at 5*.

Turns out the answer to "can a lv11 5* Arvis backed up by three dancers solo the lv25 version of Frederick's map" is "yes".

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

I wonder how people would have reacted if the TT Banner was announced in the Holy War Trailer too.

Gachas reward paranoia

Probably a lot better. It's like how there was a ton of fuss over the first Hero Fest because there wasn't advance notice, and then they gave advanced notice for the second one which avoided that fuss but if they hadn't, people definitely would have been pissed again.

36 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

[...]

Oof, I just might have nightmares about reaching this point. Good thing I don't even have 20% of my CCs finished. That's how I've been spending excess stamina this month. Laying off Lunatic difficulties though, since I like having an emergency stash of orbs.

Solved most lunatic CCs first, mainly for the orbs. 

A pity that I don't have any more orbs. Both Sigurd and Ayra are good SI fodder. 

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What does that mean?

FE6 is 1 and 3 mixed together plot-wise. An evil emperor who wasn't all that bad originally, an ancient dragon-human conflict humanity has a mistaken image of, a dragon who wants to overthrow humanity, a Binding legendary item, a True Ending you can only unlock by collecting optional items. The developers wanted FE6 to be a return to Archanean simplicity in gameplay after excessive Jugdralian complexity.

Countless characters are based on Archaneans: Roy is like Marth, Lilina is Caeda, Dieck is Ogma, Guinevere is Nyna, Merlinus Malladus, Marcus Jagen, Alan and Lance Abel and Cain, Wolt = Gordin, Bors = Draug,  Lott and Wade = Bord and Cord, Rutger = Navarre, Ellen is red headed like Rena, Lugh is green like Merric, Milady and Ziess are Minerva and Michalis, three Peg sisters = Whitewings, Fae = Tiki, Idunn = Tiki under Gharnef's control.

FE7 has some Archanea parallels too, namely Athos = Gotoh and Nergal Gharnef. We also have Harken Astram and his beloved Isadora Midia.

FE8 gets inspiration FE2, FE9 and 10, Jugdral. 

And because I feel like it, have a Gasha!

File:Gasha Tree.png

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

Gachas reward paranoia

I would have been fine with that because at least they would have been upfront with it.  They way they did it was just not right IMO, other then the free pull they gave out I won't be pulling from Ayra's banner because of how they did it. 

18 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I would have been fine with that because at least they would have been upfront with it.  They way they did it was just not right IMO, other then the free pull they gave out I won't be pulling from Ayra's banner because of how they did it. 

I just use 4 Orbs (the first and only pull I did have two red orbs)... and they're free to play orbs anyway.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FE6 is 1 and 3 mixed together plot-wise. An evil emperor who wasn't all that bad originally, an ancient dragon-human conflict humanity has a mistaken image of, a dragon who wants to overthrow humanity, a Binding legendary item, a True Ending you can only unlock by collecting optional items. The developers wanted FE6 to be a return to Archanean simplicity in gameplay after excessive Jugdralian complexity.

Countless characters are based on Archaneans: Roy is like Marth, Lilina is Caeda, Dieck is Ogma, Guinevere is Nyna, Merlinus Malladus, Marcus Jagen, Alan and Lance Abel and Cain, Wolt = Gordin, Bors = Draug,  Lott and Wade = Bord and Cord, Rutger = Navarre, Ellen is red headed like Rena, Lugh is green like Merric, Milady and Ziess are Minerva and Michalis, three Peg sisters = Whitewings, Fae = Tiki, Idunn = Tiki under Gharnef's control.

FE7 has some Archanea parallels too, namely Athos = Gotoh and Nergal Gharnef. We also have Harken Astram and his beloved Isadora Midia.

FE8 gets inspiration FE2, FE9 and 10, Jugdral. 

And because I feel like it, have a Gasha!

File:Gasha Tree.png

Percival is definitely the most brilliant shit they did in FE6 in that regard lol

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Just picked up Warriors :D

Unfortunately, I won't be able to really enjoy it until Monday at the earliest :(

Lucky :( I won't be able to get it until sometime next month, most likely. I would've preordered it, but Ys VIII was calling me, and I can never refuse Ys's sweet voice. Heroes will do little to hold me off until I can get Warriors.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Lucky :( I won't be able to get it until sometime next month, most likely. I would've preordered it, but Ys VIII was calling me, and I can never refuse Ys's sweet voice. Heroes will do little to hold me off until I can get Warriors.

They had a spare copy of the limited edition version, so i upgraded

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

They had a spare copy of the limited edition version, so i upgraded

:O

And here I am, just getting the normal 3DS version because I don't have a Switch... or much spare money... partially thanks to Heroes...

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

:O

And here I am, just getting the normal 3DS version because I don't have a Switch... or much spare money... partially thanks to Heroes...

I had the regular version completely paid off for a few months. It was just $20 more to upgrade it. *shrug* As for the Switch...I bought it specifically for Fire Emblem...

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I had the regular version completely paid off for a few months. It was just $20 more to upgrade it. *shrug* As for the Switch...I bought it specifically for Fire Emblem...

Fair enough, might as well do it if you had the option. If I didn't already have a New 3DS, I likely would've bought a Switch for Warriors. Once we get more info on the actual new Switch Fire Emblem game (or if Radiant Dawn gets added as a downloadable title), then I'll probably get one. Or if there are any other super interesting games added, since there haven't been any "I need to play this right now" games for me yet.

So I've just been thinking... what if Ayra is indeed a TT score reward, and was included in a banner to make her more accessible? Suddenly IS (or whoever is in charge of the game's content) would become a hero and we would be taken as a bunch of drama queens?

= EDIT =

Oh also, my Warriors (SW) copy was delivered on the box I have at Miami. It'll be weekend and a few days while it's processed and ships to Colombia :awesome:

On the meantime, I'll keep saving for a Switch :awesome:

Edited by Quintessence

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

So I've just been thinking... what if Ayra is indeed a TT score reward, and was included in a banner to make her more accessible? Suddenly IS (or whoever is in charge of the game's content) would become a hero and we would be taken as a bunch of drama queens?

I've actually considered that too, but I'm wary of assuming anything at this point. It would probably make the majority opinion turn around instantly, although I would feel bad for anyone who already whaled to get her to +10. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Seal rewards, at least.

16 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I may consider it still. I only have two Hinatas right now though, and one of them is going to Arvis for sure, so I think I'll wait until I know for sure who I want to give my last one to, or until I get more of him. Please IS, let Katarina be soon so I can pull on reds...

I'd love to have seasonal Arden of all characters be the one to shout all of the most meta lines. And if you get him to +10, it unlocks a special voiced line from him: "You either really like spending money on guys like me, or you're just doing this for laughs. Either way, I think we both know you have a problem."

I was planning not to pull from the Ayra banner, but then I realized that I really need some red skill fodder, namely Eirika, Roy and Hinata. And the TT banner is probably the best banner to pull reds from right now. I might end up spending some of my TT orbs on it after tall. And apparently the game shot up in the sales ranking so apparently the whales took the bait, so it's not like F2P protesting will change their mind on how scummy the whole thing was now.

He'd end that sentence by saying. "By the way, I removed your credit information. We both know it's better for you that way" 

@DehNutCase

The reason I find the Ayra situation problematic is not because she's not free. It's because she's :

1. the first new summonable unit to not be announced and featured in a trailer 
  2. the first new unit to be put on a banner with old characters
  3. the first new unit to break the usual pattern of new units only being introduced every two weeks in dedicated banners
  4. the only infantry melee unit to have more than 47 BST at level 1, which when combined with her CYL growths, preference weapon and preference special makes her a clear upgrade to the vast majority of sword infantry units in the game. 

All of which are extremely bad precedents for the game in general and they would still be problematic if Arden had been the one snuck on the TT banner (though it's likely less people would have reacted to it since he's not a pretty waifu), but I want to focus on the first 3 points more.

I would have been A-OK if they had announced a new banner that came out on the 30th and featured her alongside other units from FE4. Sure, I would have still found it strange that they broke the trend that units teased but not announced in trailers turned out to be TT or GHB rewards, but I would have understood it. Her appearing with no warning 3 days after the WoHW banner on a banner with Eldigan and Lachesis is breaks 3 trends, which is not good for the players, but very good for IS.

Till now, the devs had been commendably transparent regarding new units, we never got surprised and the usual trend of new units coming every two weeks allowed people to plan their orbs use and their budget for the game. The only thing transparent about Ayra being added to the game this way is that it's a blatant cash grab. Yes, FEH is a gacha game, but this level of greed and lack of transparency had never been seen before. You might say they were foolish, but for a lot of people, FEH is their first gacha game and they'd started to expect certain things from IS. Namely, that any new summonable unit would be announced before their inclusion and that they'd be featured on banners with new units.

Those expectations being trampled seemingly in the name of greed is what a lot of players are denouncing, not that the big bad IS stole their promised free waifu. Sure, Ayra being the first unit to defy the trend of teased units turning out to be free is a bummer, but it would have stung much less if she'd been released 2 weeks from now on a proper banner instead of being featured with Lachesis and Eldigan, 2 units that have been in the game for 8 months and are pretty mediocre when compared to more recent unit (Lachesis is a healer and her brother is overshadowed by Xander, B!Roy and now Sigurd). And I think a lot of people would have been ok with her being featured on the WoHW banner and having an overall lower chance of appearing since Sigurd spooking you is much less frustrating than Eldigan doing it, especially when considering how good Sigurd is and how much he outclasses Eldigan. (Not to mention that the TT banner is a worse TT banner than the WoHW banner since the later has three 40% bonus unit while the TT banner proper only has one)

Sigurd and Ayra getting the CYL treatment is a whole other problematic can of worms, but I feel like they're less problematic that the predatory behavior this banner showed.

The best excuse for it I've seen is that IS wanted the bonus units for the TT to be all gen 1 FE4 units, but they realized that if they put Ayra on the WoHW banner, they'd only have 2 units left for the TT banner. So instead they decided to put Ayra on the TT banner and have two 3 unit banners and they decided to give Sigurd and Ayra the CYL treatment because they're from the game that has been away from the spotlight the longest out of any FE game and they wanted to generate some hype about them. Their complete lack of transparency regarding Ayra however makes me unwilling to give them a pass even if that were their intention, though I'm more open toward accepting the second part to excuse her heightened BST and powerful preference skills.