Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I've actually considered that too, but I'm wary of assuming anything at this point. It would probably make the majority opinion turn around instantly, although I would feel bad for anyone who already whaled to get her to +10. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Seal rewards, at least.

Personally, I expect anything from them (the best and the worst), but I think it would've been prudent to announce it beforehand rather than make Ayra pop up like an ad. Given the case for people that whaled her, they still have a great SI source, in both Swift Sparrow and Desperation, or make a +10 dupe.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I was planning not to pull from the Ayra banner, but then I realized that I really need some red skill fodder, namely Eirika, Roy and Hinata. And the TT banner is probably the best banner to pull reds from right now. I might end up spending some of my TT orbs on it after tall. And apparently the game shot up in the sales ranking so apparently the whales took the bait, so it's not like F2P protesting will change their mind on how scummy the whole thing was now.

He'd end that sentence by saying. "By the way, I removed your credit information. We both know it's better for you that way" 

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling the same way. I'm also still hoping to get a +Atk Caeda and an Athena that's anything other than the +Res/-Atk that I have now, so reds would be nice to have. We'll see how stubborn I'm feeling if Katarina is nowhere in sight next week; I do want Eldigan too, so that would be a plus.

I really want this to be a real unit now. It would be too amazing.

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Personally, I expect anything from them (the best and the worst), but I think it would've been prudent to announce it beforehand rather than make Ayra pop up like an ad. Given the case for people that whaled her, they still have a great SI source, in both Swift Sparrow and Desperation, or make a +10 dupe.

That's true, I forgot just how good she is for SI. Regardless, I agree that the best thing to do would've been to give us any kind of warning, no matter how she's available.

Something else I realized is that they could potentially just give her away as a 4-star from the TT. That would explain the odd 4-star stats, it would still give a reason to pull on the banner in order to save feathers, and she could still be great SI. I'm very curious to see the full list of TT rewards next week all the same.

I think I'm going to take a break from the FEH reddit, those guys are taking things too far. Wanting to burn Ayra on a stake while being petty to the point that even if IS lowered every single unit to Reinhardts BST level they'd still be mad. That's beyond unreasonable if you ask me.

I also find hilarious that some believe that erasing the extra BST (don't get me wrong, giving her that bonus is a real issue and creates a bad precedent for the future) Ayra has will magically make their Lon'qus good or something.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling the same way. I'm also still hoping to get a +Atk Caeda and an Athena that's anything other than the +Res/-Atk that I have now, so reds would be nice to have. We'll see how stubborn I'm feeling if Katarina is nowhere in sight next week; I do want Eldigan too, so that would be a plus.

I really want this to be a real unit now. It would be too amazing.

That's true, I forgot just how good she is for SI. Regardless, I agree that the best thing to do would've been to give us any kind of warning, no matter how she's available.

Something else I realized is that they could potentially just give her away as a 4-star from the TT. That would explain the odd 4-star stats, it would still give a reason to pull on the banner in order to save feathers, and she could still be great SI. I'm very curious to see the full list of TT rewards next week all the same.

Caeda is also a unit that I'd like to get for Fortify Fliers fodder. And that's the exact nature of the Athena I got when looking for Katarina (though I managed to pull a 4* one with a +Atk/-Res nature. I'd upgrade her, but I have a +6 Lucina and Ayra does all Athena can do, just better.

Arden : Whale's Bane, coming to a banner near you. Valve time.

And regarding the 4* stats, dataminers have stated that level 40 stats aren't actually coded in the game and as such can't be datamined. Only the units base stats and growth points are in the game. And IIRC, even 5* exclusives have BSTs for lower rarities and if not, it's entirely possible to extrapolate the potential 4* stats a unit based on their 5* stats. So it's more than likely that the 4* stats we saw on the wiki came from a dataminer who assumed Ayra would be a TT reward and as such found or figured out her 4* stats.

I do want to point out that the particular circumstances that lead to the TT bonus lineup looking this way, with only two other summonable units from her "game" being available beforehand, also applies to FE4 Gen 2 and FE5. So whenever we get full banners for those games, that could be the most likely times for similar treatment as this. (FE10 only has Sanaki, who isn't enough to support a "two old and one new" banner.)

Of course, the same also applied to FE8, which ended up avoiding that situation by not having a TT at all.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Caeda is also a unit that I'd like to get for Fortify Fliers fodder. And that's the exact nature of the Athena I got when looking for Katarina (though I managed to pull a 4* one with a +Atk/-Res nature. I'd upgrade her, but I have a +6 Lucina and Ayra does all Athena can do, just better.

Arden : Whale's Bane, coming to a banner near you. Valve time.

And regarding the 4* stats, dataminers have stated that level 40 stats aren't actually coded in the game and as such can't be datamined. Only the units base stats and growth points are in the game. And IIRC, even 5* exclusives have BSTs for lower rarities and if not, it's entirely possible to extrapolate the potential 4* stats a unit based on their 5* stats. So it's more than likely that the 4* stats we saw on the wiki came from a dataminer who assumed Ayra would be a TT reward and as such found or figured out her 4* stats.

I'll use her as fodder... once I finally get her with +Atk. Until then, I'm keeping my +7 4-star in reserve. My Athena was pulled on... I think the Crimean banner? And that was the first one of her I got, so I'm keeping her for now, but I wouldn't mind 5-starring her if I get her with something.

Ah, I wasn't aware that that's how the datamined stats worked. Or rather, I knew about the level 40 part, but not about the BSTs for rarities that can't be obtained. That makes sense then, and does make the TT reward theory a bit less likely. Not that it was likely in the first place, but now it's even less so.

Well I promoted Arvis. Not really want I wanted to do with my feathers but it's up in the air weather or not I've have a 40% bonus unit during the trials and I've never not had one before. I don't want to struggle here so I'm going in with him.

Going to take my chances with Sigurd's banner. Really looking at that 3.75% rate on the dancer banner though. I need one more *5 from that one before I can call it quits.

17 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I think I'm going to take a break from the FEH reddit, those guys are taking things too far. Wanting to burn Ayra on a stake while being petty to the point that even if IS lowered every single unit to Reinhardts BST level they'd still be mad. That's beyond unreasonable if you ask me.

I also find hilarious that some believe that erasing the extra BST (don't get me wrong, giving her that bonus is a real issue and creates a bad precedent for the future) Ayra has will magically make their Lon'qus good or something.

Put Eirika on a burning stake too

20 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, part of the reason I'm fine with Ayra being summoned is that I mostly only care for her as a unit. (I have no personal bias for her as a character.)

Because of that, the 'Ayra on a banner' option is superior to 'Ayra as a free unit option,' due to merges. My main lineup is so beefy at this point that not even B!Ike, who also has boosted Stats, a Prf, and a unique skill... fails to make the cut. And I do have 2 copies for a merge if needed, that's the kind of competition Ayra would need to face to get into the main lineup, a bunch of people who manages to push out B!Ike. +2 merge max would not let her see the light of day at all. (Although she would be basically another, more expensive---because I need to give her reposition---copy of Selena for AA, which is nice. 'Kills axes, tanks everything, and reposition is a surprisingly useful niche.')

Since I already prefer Ayra to be on a banner, and 'Ayra on a separate banner' is better than 'Ayra in a 4 person banner' (due to roll odds), this was already the best outcome, whether or not I wanted Ayra as a unit. (She's great, yeah, but the biggest problem is that she's still a sword-locked foot unit in a world full of ranged cavalry.)

If I wanted Ayra as Ayra I might be more miffed, but if I had wanted Ayra and Ayra I probably would've prioritized other things less, meaning I'd still have a stock of orbs. Mind, I'm not saying she's a bad unit, she's bloody amazing, it's just that the 'units I already have' is kind of a freakishly amazing group already, meaning, without character bias, I don't actually care too much about missing new people. Particularly ones that aren't even seasonal.

As someone who likes collecting units, I don't care how I get them as long as I can get them eventually. As for Ayra as a unit and character, she's good, her art's good, and she's voiced by Briana Palencia who voices Mad Moxxi in Borderlands. There are many dumb reasons for me wanting certain characters -- I still regret passing up the spring banner because Carrot Lance is a such a dumb thing even though spring Camilla would be much more practical.

Spoiler

Moving on, I would have been fine if she were summonable, but on the Holy War banner or a double Holy War banner with Lex and whoever else would have made sense. It's the method that she was made available that bothers me regardless of how good she is, what skills she has, or whatever else about her. Up to this point, every unit that was teased at the end of a banner's trailer has been made available as a GHB or a TT unit. Granted, that's only Legion, Clive, Tobin?, and the Black Knight who was also teased in the Quick Hero Battle thing. Clarisse didn't show up since the New Mystery banner teased the second map where Legion shows up, likewise, Arden was a surprise since he showed up on the first map of the Holy War paralogue, and the developers confirmed how people would be getting masked Marth and Valter.

While it would have sucked for some players if Clarisse, Clive, Legion, Tobin, and the Black Knight were summonable, I would not have cared so long as they were all on new units banners and not teased and shoved onto a banner with old units. At worse, the Black Knight and Legion would be in high demand because they're good units and they would be the first regularly summonable sword armor and axe infantry as hilarious and dumb as that is. Clarisse is essentially Klein without his default set, Clive would just end up being another Brave Lance cavalier when Abel exists and Peri and Roderick would be better since they could double with Brave Lance and Firesweep Lance; and Tobin could be bulkier since he's kind of like villager Florina; -HP would be his best bane in that regard since +Res and +Spd could give him 30 resistance and 31 speed which is all right I guess. Anyway, I digress.

The point is that Ayra was not only made summonable with old units, but she was made summonable shortly after the Holy War banner when she was teased; 3 days after the banner was up. People dumped their orbs into the Holy War banner for one reason or another. Regardless if Ayra had been on the banner or not, I doubt anyone would have thought a new unit would have been made summonable within such a short time and on a banner with old units. Now they would have to dump orbs into a banner with only 1 new unit and 2 old units if they wanted either a new character, a 40% bonus unit, and/or Ayra.

And it's the thing I cannot come up with a good reason for what were they thinking. There was absolutely no way this would have gone well even if she were a completely atrocious unit since that would piss off Ayra's fans who would have to deal with trying to get a crappy unit on a banner with old units just to get their favorite character.

Considering this topic has been beaten to the ground, I'm not going to continue talking about it. It should be talked about as it is a problem, but there's a dedicated thread and people who want to talk about it would rather do it there and people are probably tired of seeing it everywhere.

Edited by Kaden

28 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll use her as fodder... once I finally get her with +Atk. Until then, I'm keeping my +7 4-star in reserve. My Athena was pulled on... I think the Crimean banner? And that was the first one of her I got, so I'm keeping her for now, but I wouldn't mind 5-starring her if I get her with something.

Ah, I wasn't aware that that's how the datamined stats worked. Or rather, I knew about the level 40 part, but not about the BSTs for rarities that can't be obtained. That makes sense then, and does make the TT reward theory a bit less likely. Not that it was likely in the first place, but now it's even less so.

Honestly, I'll probably eventually promote my +Atk/-Res Athena, since I'd like to promote all the 3 and 4* units I have to 5* with decent natures eventually. 

Well I do think it's not fair to call the people who expected Ayra to be free entitled since as others have pointed out, the BK, Clive and Tobin were all teased in a banner trailer and ended up as free units, so Ayra is not only the first summonable unit to not have a official announcement in a trailer, but also the first teased unit to end up on a summoning banner. Still a bit naive considering the game is a gacha, but I feel like IS had been transparent and consistent enough till the release of the game that it was fair for people to expect the trend to not be buckled so suddenly.

13 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Honestly, I'll probably eventually promote my +Atk/-Res Athena, since I'd like to promote all the 3 and 4* units I have to 5* with decent natures eventually. 

Well I do think it's not fair to call the people who expected Ayra to be free entitled since as others have pointed out, the BK, Clive and Tobin were all teased in a banner trailer and ended up as free units, so Ayra is not only the first summonable unit to not have a official announcement in a trailer, but also the first teased unit to end up on a summoning banner. Still a bit naive considering the game is a gacha, but I feel like IS had been transparent and consistent enough till the release of the game that it was fair for people to expect the trend to not be buckled so suddenly.

Oh sorry, I should've worded that second part better. I meant assuming that she would be a 4-star Tempest reward after she was revealed on the banner, which was only just discussed. I too thought that her being a Tempest reward originally was the most likely thing to happen, based on prior history like you said.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's only fair, Eirika and Ayra are the same person. We can have tea after the burning is over.

I never agreed to burning Dark Eirika Ayra either. She deserves to be happy and have tea without worries no matter what hair color she has.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've been thinking about Arvis for the last day (kinda hard not to, I've been training him every opportunity I got), and at this point I have a thought...

Recovery Ring is kind of useless isn't it.

It makes him a great healer with Ardent Sacrifice. Also goes nicely with Fury, which also goes along well with his Ploy skills.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've been thinking about Arvis for the last day (kinda hard not to, I've been training him every opportunity I got), and at this point I have a thought...

Recovery Ring is kind of useless isn't it.

How is it useless? Recover Ring is essentially Renewal EX. Fury 3 and Recover Ring work very well together since Recover Ring more or less negates Fury's recoil. So, he's getting all the benefits of having Fury such as giving 36 resistance to ploy almost everyone and not as much of the negatives. If he engages one unit and doesn't take damage, he heals back to full HP on the next turn. If he engages three units with the help of three dancers, then he's only down 8 HP instead of 18 because of Recover Ring. If he does take damage, it probably shouldn't be much if you're not using him against physical ranged units, Distant Counter users, or faster blue mages or mages with R Tomebreaker of all things.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Oh sorry, I should've worded that second part better. I meant assuming that she would be a 4-star Tempest reward after she was revealed on the banner, which was only just discussed. I too thought that her being a Tempest reward originally was the most likely thing to happen, based on prior history like you said.

At this point, I'd honestly be extremely surprised if they give her away in the TT. Anyone who spent any amount of money to get a single copy of her could feel like they got cheated out of their money, which would just throw more fuel on the dumpster fire the current situation is. (Though I must say, if I'd whaled and an Ayra, I'd be happy to receive a free one for merging purposes, but that might just be me)

Also, I wonder if the spike in earnings FEH got when Ayra released is just related to people whaling for her, or if it's not also in part due to people who were waiting for the bonus unit for the TT to be announced and then decided to spend on the WoHW banner since it's objectively better than the actual TT banner to pull from if your goal it to have a 40% bonus unit for the TT banner. 

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It makes him a great healer with Ardent Sacrifice. Also goes nicely with Fury, which also goes along well with his Ploy skills.

Just now, Kaden said:

How is it useless? Recover Ring is essentially Renewal EX. Fury 3 and Recover Ring work very well together since Recover Ring more or less negates Fury's recoil. So, he's getting all the benefits of having Fury such as having 36 resistance to ploy almost everyone and not as much of the negatives. If he engages one unit and doesn't take damage, he heals back to full HP on the next turn. If he engages three units with the help of three dancers, then only loses 8 HP instead of 18. If he does take damage, it probably shouldn't be much if you're not using him against physical ranged units, Distant Counter users, or faster blue mages or mages with R Tomebreaker of all things.

That's about ALL it's good for though. Arvis only has 33 base HP, so he could very easily hit Desperation or Vantage range, or better yet give it a battle or two and he can trigger Escape Route or WoM on an ally. But he doesn't have a reason to want to heal off Fury damage. Most units don't, in fact most units rely on Fury damage to begin triggering their skills.

I can only see it being any good in Tempest Trials or Chain Challenges, where he has to last more than just one battle in one sitting. Or maps that have Reinforcements I suppose, but people can still cheese those out in Player Phase 1.

Either way, it really isn't Renewal EX. It's just... Renewal 4. And Renewal isn't that much of a necessity when a single battle can last about 2 or 3 turns at most, counting the first turn where everyone is just getting close to each other. He'd probably fare better with Swordbreaker since he already survives hits from most mages and can reliably Sigurd the important Axe users. Or Bowbreaker just to screw with Bridelia... I dunno, it just doesn't seem useful in Arena play. It'll be good in Tempest Trials definitely.

16 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

At this point, I'd honestly be extremely surprised if they give her away in the TT. Anyone who spent any amount of money to get a single copy of her could feel like they got cheated out of their money, which would just throw more fuel on the dumpster fire the current situation is. (Though I must say, if I'd whaled and an Ayra, I'd be happy to receive a free one for merging purposes, but that might just be me)

Also, I wonder if the spike in earnings FEH got when Ayra released is just related to people whaling for her, or if it's not also in part due to people who were waiting for the bonus unit for the TT to be announced and then decided to spend on the WoHW banner since it's objectively better than the actual TT banner to pull from if your goal it to have a 40% bonus unit for the TT banner. 

Agreed, I don't think it's likely anymore. Although someone else brought up earlier that even if someone already got her to +10, she can always be used for SI, especially if Swift Sparrow is her 4-star level 3 skill.

I could see it going either way. Unfortunately, only IS really has access to that information, so only they know what's making people spend more money right now.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Yeah, the subreddit takes everything out of proportion (as usual). It is drowning in salt right now. Nothing to do there for at least a week. Also, people are dumb, no surprises here.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's about ALL it's good for though. Arvis only has 33 base HP, so he could very easily hit Desperation or Vantage range, or better yet give it a battle or two and he can trigger Escape Route or WoM on an ally. But he doesn't have a reason to want to heal off Fury damage. Most units don't, in fact most units rely on Fury damage to begin triggering their skills.

I can only see it being any good in Tempest Trials or Chain Challenges, where he has to last more than just one battle in one sitting. Or maps that have Reinforcements I suppose, but people can still cheese those out in Player Phase 1.

Either way, it really isn't Renewal EX. It's just... Renewal 4. And Renewal isn't that much of a necessity when a single battle can last about 2 or 3 turns at most, counting the first turn where everyone is just getting close to each other. He'd probably fare better with Swordbreaker since he already survives hits from most mages and can reliably Sigurd the important Axe users. Or Bowbreaker just to screw with Bridelia... I dunno, it just doesn't seem useful in Arena play. It'll be good in Tempest Trials definitely.

34 Atk and no all-counter is not Vantage material. 31 Spd is not Desperation material.

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route are tech options and mostly optional. It’s not like he needs those skills on his team to do his job.

Valflame Arvis likes Fury since the extra stat boosts prop up his defenses to avoid being one-shot, and they increase the threshold for your Ploy skills. You could go all the way with something like Raudhrblade and LaD but Tharja exists for that already.

Friendly reminder that it heals at the start of every single map, and the heal at the start of every turn makes strategies that rely on pseudo-healing more viable, since you don’t need to slow down to get more mileage out of Renewal EX. Arvis also gets +10 HP as a bonus unit which essentially gives him 43 HP Reciprocal Aids, which while not high are still potent for how quickly he can pump them out.

Arvis prefers to debuff his enemies and offer offensive and healing support to his allies. His Res and the ability to Ploy three stats make him pretty flexible, and he has alright base Atk to put a dent in things.

Don’t make Arvis into something he’s not. He is not a defensive check nor an offensive powerhouse.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Here's the deal though... will everyone chill if Ayra is made a *4 unit when the banner's over?

One, she won’t. Two, she won’t. Three, it’s beside the point.

People are not mad because she is not free. People are mad because she got dropped unexpectedly and unannounced mere three days after the expected and announced banner, along with two old units on het own banner, which breaks all “established” tendencies observed over eight months.