• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Whoa calm down guys. The whole reason regarding the Ayra rage is /different introduction method/ and /inflated stats/. It's really weird for them to add Ayra in such a... confusing way? There's not a proper introduction nor a small announcement on the notifications board. I can feel the rage/alarmism people are manifesting, but isn't it too much?

On the CYL boost given to her I don't know the reason behind it but what I do know is that Ayra is one of the best infantry units in FE4, if not the best if it weren't for Lewyn and Sety. Personally it is saddening to me comparing the neutral Ayra I got on my free summon vs my +10 Lon'qu as she beats him on atk, def and skills. he has higher spd and res tho

Meanwhile Arvis served as fodder for Innes and Niles :D

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She says that, but she's a Sage. A little bit of modesty, that is admirable. A first class mage, a teacher of magic and etiquette, a psychiatrist, mother, and fashionista. She's one very well rounded and successful woman.

Calill is our star and saviour.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's only for 5 minutes, tea can come right after!

Because as the flames climb up the stake, Eirika makes a last plea to the heavens and suddenly the clouds gather and a drenching downpour extinguishes the flames! In the sky, a voice can be heard resounding "Always there for you sister".

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because as the flames climb up the stake, Eirika makes a last plea to the heavens and suddenly the clouds gather and a drenching downpour extinguishes the flames! In the sky, a voice can be heard resounding "Always there for you sister".

Heroes Never Die, according to Anna. Breidibalk brings them back when they fall in battle.

20 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Dump Hit and Run on melee Braves? Spur Spd 2 on whoever? Or just send her home?

Thinking about wasting my time making a supermerged Clair for Arena.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You'll have to settle with Tailtiu for now, she who Ilyana used as her base design. 

Tailtiu is alright. Ilyana on the other hand is a must have. Even if she'll probably just have Thoron+ (Even though she's the RIGHTFUL wielder of Rexbolt as she's the only character that could use it in the only FE it's in.)

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Magical hits are real hits too.

Admittedly, my pegasus bias is borne from mainline FE, where pegasi just dodge everything, but my Clair's put in... ahaha I can't even say that.

Still, someone on Reddit made a mockup Ardent Sacrifice banner with Florina, Rebecca and Micaiah, and I've got to admit I'd be the only person who'd want Florina out of it. Even with a 4* +10 (it'll bother me that I don't have her 5* 40 in the Catalog).

I... probably wouldn't pull on that banner at all lol. I hate Micaiah, have tons of Florinas and have never pulled a Rebecca, but don't really need a *5 one. I don't really use Pegs sadly. I always try to but they never dodge enough for me, are always weighed down unless they have a Killer lance (that usually another unit can use better) and anywhere they are useful there's always an archer. Then there's that STR stat man... feels bad. That being said, Farina and Tana are standouts that generally turn out good.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sorry if I sounded passive aggressive, that was not my intention at all. Intention doesn’t read well in the written media.

But we here are relatively reasonable to avoid doing such things.

No worries. One thing I've noticed about this community through my years of coming in and out is that everyone is very intelligent, well mannered and generally polite. Every community has it's stains, but stupidity or generalization isn't something I've seen.

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Ayra really concerns me not because of her particularly but the mindset she shows, they where willing to cut down a banner to 3 to release her in a scummy way (They have never put a new unit with old units before) but they also broke the BST rules for her and gave her non inheritable skills, they have done it once now and there is nothing to stop them doing it again and that scares me because I don't want the units I love to become useless

I agree with most of this but one argument I feel is terribly iffy is the "the new units make my favorites useless". Since SI became a thing many units became useless outside of becoming fooder like Odin, Hinata, Lon'qu, Fir and others because they have akward spreads. As I mentioned before even without the BST bonus (and even without the Legendary weapon+exclusive skill) Ayra would outclass many swords thanks to her 33/37 spread.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's only for 5 minutes, tea can come right after!

That's what Arvis said to Sigurd and we know how that turned out. 

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Heroes Never Die, according to Anna. Breidibalk brings them back when they fall in battle.

So you're saying I can bring, oh I don't know.... Ninian? Into a fight a level 1 nothing and watch them get KOed again and again and again and again? 

I might just have to play this game after all.

Just now, Alexmender said:

It was a very enlightening experience. Heartwarming too.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoa calm down guys. The whole reason regarding the Ayra rage is /different introduction method/ and /inflated stats/. It's really weird for them to add Ayra in such a... confusing way? There's not a proper introduction nor a small announcement on the notifications board. I can feel the rage/alarmism people are manifesting, but isn't it too much?

On the CYL boost given to her I don't know the reason behind it but what I do know is that Ayra is one of the best infantry units in FE4, if not the best if it weren't for Lewyn and Sety. Personally it is saddening to me comparing the neutral Ayra I got on my free summon vs my +10 Lon'qu as she beats him on atk, def and skills. he has higher spd and res tho

Being strong in your own game is a weak argument, before CYL, all units abided by the same BST rules, regardless of how strong they were in their own game.

Seth should have gotten a BST boost, if that was the case.

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So why isn't Gordin getting BST boost for being the best Archer in the series bar none

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Shinon?

Shinon did not have Super Elite and Aptitude EX and Dracoknight in chapter 2

Also honestly the only Archer in the series that manage to do everything right isn't even an Archer but a Tractor which goes to show how dumb their design have been

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

@Rezzy the arena may get slightly harder, but mkv is a prime example that this game is not pay to win at all (and it never will be)

It really depends on if you play this game for the meta or play it for your faves/casually

And the ones who play it casually are mad because some people wanted her badly, and she's on some random unit banner by herself

And considering casuals generally make up the majority of the player base.... I think it's right to say it wouldn't happen again, but it really isn't anything to be mad about

it is just a bunch of pixels assembled on a phone screen at the end of the day

@Interdimensional Observer Ha ha gacha nose!

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I agree with most of this but one argument I feel is terribly iffy is the "the new units make my favorites useless". Since SI became a thing many units became useless outside of becoming fooder like Odin, Hinata, Lon'qu, Fir and others because they have akward spreads. As I mentioned before even without the BST bonus (and even without the Legendary weapon+exclusive skill) Ayra would outclass many swords thanks to her 33/37 spread.

Ayra is likely to cause another shuffle in Arena scores soon. When Brave Ike was released, his overall expensive Skills + high BST caused Arena scoring benchmarks to rise noticeably, making staying in Tier 20 much harder than it was before. Ayra doesn't have a unique B-passive, and thus will end up slightly lower in score, but she is still probably going to have an effect. Basically, people on the fringes will have to replace their current Red with her to keep up with the curve. This is the biggest way she is invalidating other Swords.

It's only a bunsen burner.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you're saying I can bring, oh I don't know.... Ninian? Into a fight a level 1 nothing and watch them get KOed again and again and again and again? 

I might just have to play this game after all.

Well, you get thrown out of the level if all your units die, but hey, you can just go back in for more.

You don't actually play Heroes?

Ayra is likely to cause another shuffle in Arena scores soon. When Brave Ike was released, his overall expensive Skills + high BST caused Arena scoring benchmarks to rise noticeably, making staying in Tier 20 much harder than it was before. Ayra doesn't have a unique B-passive, and thus will end up slightly lower in score, but she is still probably going to have an effect. Basically, people on the fringes will have to replace their current Red with her to keep up with the curve. This is the biggest way she is invalidating other Swords.

Well, you get thrown out of the level if all your units die, but hey, you can just go back in for more.

You don't actually play Heroes?

I sometimes forgot how much Special Slot can get high score at even without EX skills lol. Actually a bit surprised when you said Ayra isn't on par with BIke

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I sometimes forgot how much Special Slot can get high score at even without EX skills lol. Actually a bit surprised when you said Ayra isn't on par with BIke

Skills use their SP cost to determine value in Arena score, and only unique passives cost 300 SP on the B-slot. Ayra can match Brave Ike's 300 SP A, but the best Ayra can do is 240 SP for B. Unless you swap out BIke's Aether for Ignis (which is, frankly, better), they'll be about even I THINK.

Skills use their SP cost to determine value in Arena score, and only unique passives cost 300 SP on the B-slot. Ayra can match Brave Ike's 300 SP A, but the best Ayra can do is 240 SP for B. Unless you swap out BIke's Aether for Ignis (which is, frankly, better), they'll be about even I THINK.

Yeah the joke is i actually forgot Aether 500 cost is on par with EX skills who also have 500

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's a legitimate cause for concern for those who can barely stay in tier 20 and a good reason to be against the increased BST she has. Although I believe many refer to the point that Ayra makes other reds useless due to the fact that her offensive power is superior to the majority of reds in the game but in that case many of those were already outclassed by the likes of Lucina, B!Roy, Ike and Ryoma due to their more optimized stats and exclusive weapons granting them more niches on top of everything.

If you want to see a fireworks then tell Felicia to call Flora, she's pretty good with those. Then you can have tea with Eirika who doesn't like any of that stuff.

Nagi as Naga, please.

Young Tiki cosplaying as Naga would be pretty cute, actually. Plus then Tiki Emblem would finally be a viable choice. 

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Dagdar cosplaying himself

How about Marty as Dagdar?

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah the joke is i actually forgot Aether 500 cost is on par with EX skills who also have 500

Aether should have been a unique skill honestly.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

What if Halloween banner was a “Pick a god and cosplay!” banner?

Throw out your suggestions.

Celica as Mila is the most obvious.

Tiki as Naga is more obvious, though nothing much is going to change, lol.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

If you want to see a fireworks then tell Felicia to call Flora, she's pretty good with those.

Speaking of Flora: can we already build Julie Ann Taylor Emblem? Cordelia, Cordelia, Selena, Nephenee?

Can throw out one of the Cordelias for Flora for sure.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nagi as Naga, please.

Young Tiki cosplaying as Naga would be pretty cute, actually. Plus then Tiki Emblem would finally be a viable choice. 

How about Marty as Dagdar?

Marty haven't ascended to godhood

Dagdar canonically made Mila useless

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Aether should have been a unique skill honestly.

Tiki as Naga is more obvious, though nothing much is going to change, lol.

Tiki as FE3 Naga lulkek

I'm somewhat surprised at that lately mostly because Aether is surprisingly busted sometimes