Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

For the record i think 50% speed to damage is actually a bit going overboard

Ayra's 40% is actually the RIGHT spot so to speak

Hey, most non-greens (and even some greens) are going to kill her with that defence as a counterattack.

(I'm also not the best at balance.)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

For the record i think 50% speed to damage is actually a bit going overboard

Ayra's 40% is actually the RIGHT spot so to speak

And even with 40% we're talking about almost 20 damage on a standard Ayra lol.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm a stick in the Swamps of Duma who likes everyone in their original artwork and not this freelance stuff, the majority of which I haven't seen. Although I shall admit not everyone looked best in their first artistic depiction. Anyone pre-FE5 pretty much.

I actually like some of the new artwork more than the original ones, even... Or maybe they've grown on me. Anyway, I like the art.

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hey, most non-greens (and even some greens) are going to kill her with that defence as a counterattack.

(I'm also not the best at balance.)

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And even with 40% we're talking about almost 20 damage on a standard Ayra lol.

I actually like some of the new artwork more than the original ones, even... Or maybe they've grown on me. Anyway, I like the art.

Ok its actually number crunching stuff

Xander Bonfire is 17

Xander Fury Bonfire is 20 + 3

Xander Fort Def Bonfire is 21 -5

Now lets use current Ayra

Ayra Regnal Astra is 16

Ayra Regnal Astra Fury is 17 + 3

Ayra Regnal Astra LnD is 18 + 5

The idea is that SPD currnetly have a stronger steroid compared to DEF and RES, so as far as value goes, 40% is actually the EXACT right spot to have SPD based special sits at

This is kind of why ATK have 30% Scaling, ATK have a steroid in from of weapon that adds 3-4.8 damage

On a more reasonable area, Selena's Regnal would be 14/15+3/16+5 respectively while Camus Bonfire would be 16/18+3/19-5

Now the question isn't actually "Is Regnal Astra broken?"(imo yes, i actually hate the ex special more than ex skill and newer edition of ex weapon, and i've been whining about this since Black Knight), but is it along the lines of the standard? The answer to that is actually yes. EX Special have been so far coded as "pseudo killer on their supposed standard" and Regnal Astra is essentially -1 Bonfire

That doesn't stop Black Luna from being bullshit no

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Aside from Linde and Tailtiu, I still have yet to get a single Mae or anyone not named Boey from the Rite of Shadows group and have only pulled a single Reinhardt (4* of course) to date. 

I do have Reinhardt (2× 4★, both +Atk), an Olwen, and Ursula (not a pull but a blue mage nonetheless), but these are all horses.

What infantry blue mages we have? Odin? Got him thrice or four times (–Atk every single one). Linde? 5★ and has been on only two? banners to day. Delthea? 5★ and has been on only two banners to day. Mae? Don’t have her, even though she’s 4★ now. Tailtiu? 5★ for now, and I am trying for Deirdre.

Lucina and Caeda don’t count for obvious reasons.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nothing wrong with that unless it's Lloyd.

I was just explaining one of the things that makes it difficult for me to get in on this game. That said, my dislike of Akira Toriyama's artstyle I was able to overcome and lo and behold I loved DQV and VIII (and CT- but I don't count it). Sometimes it's worth taking risks. 

But I know when I should stop derailing things.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was just explaining one of the things that makes it difficult for me to get in on this game. That said, my dislike of Akira Toriyama's artstyle I was able to overcome and lo and behold I loved DQV and VIII (and CT- but I don't count it). Sometimes it's worth taking risks. 

Man i'm still trying to find DQ9

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Now the question isn't actually "Is Regnal Astra broken?"(imo yes, i actually hate the ex special more than ex skill and newer edition of ex weapon, and i've been whining about this since Black Knight), but is it along the lines of the standard? The answer to that is actually yes. EX Special have been so far coded as "pseudo killer on their supposed standard" and Regnal Astra is essentially -1 Bonfire

...Also, I never really put a number on Hurricane's damage output, I was just thinking 'Speed-based Bonfire', forgetting 'Attack-based Iceberg' has a lower damage scale.

(Elena's Hurricane with +50% and the Blessed Wo Dao's additional damage is a 32 damage special. Maybe I should've given it some thought.)

Oh, and while we were on topic of voice acting recently:

Cordelia and her daughter Severa-Selena share Julie Ann Taylor as their actress, same for Xander and his son Siegbert (as David Stanbra).

Any other same parent-child voices?

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Man i'm still trying to find DQ9

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I imagine my interpretation would've been slightly less meta-destroying, especially considering her defence.

Reveal hidden contents

Spread: 42/34/39/13/29

Weapon: Blessed Wo Dao (Legendary, -1 Cooldown, +10 to Special damage).
Assist/Special: Hurricane (Adds +50% of Speed to damage, 3 cooldown).
Major Skill: Life & Death
Minor Skill: Desperation

...Wow. The stats are similar, but the skills are, like, almost spot on. That's kinda crazy.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

...Wow. The stats are similar, but the skills are, like, almost spot on. That's kinda crazy.

They just added some tweaks so that she could actually survive a physical hit or two.

Granted, mine makes a half-decent mage/dragon check, if only by accident (I couldn't justify dropping her resistance any lower because that would mean raising one of her other stats.)

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Oh, I was agreeing that 50% on Spd would be too much, since, as Ayra is showing us, 40% is already giving us dumb numbers.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There's no such thing as derails in this topic.

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

They just added some tweaks so that she could actually survive a physical hit or two.

Granted, mine makes a half-decent mage/dragon check, if only by accident (I couldn't justify dropping her resistance any lower because that would mean raising one of her other stats.)

The funniest thing about your design is actually the fact that despite the slight difference, Moonbow build of your unit is pretty much the exact same thing as Ayra's Regnal Astra albeit harder to control due to being moonbow

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do have Reinhardt (2× 4★, both +Atk), an Olwen, and Ursula (not a pull but a blue mage nonetheless), but these are all horses.

What infantry blue mages we have? Odin? Got him thrice or four times (–Atk every single one). Linde? 5★ and has been on only two? banners to day. Delthea? 5★ and has been on only two banners to day. Mae? Don’t have her, even though she’s 4★ now. Tailtiu? 5★ for now, and I am trying for Deirdre.

Lucina and Caeda don’t count for obvious reasons.

In order of when I obtained them, I've got Delthea, Summer!Corrin, Olwen, M!Robin (promoted) and PA!Shigure as my 5* blue mages.

Yeah, Linde has only been on two banners (Xander's and the mage gauntlet), and the latter literally came right after the former.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and while we were on topic if voice acting recently:

Cordelia and her daughter Severa-Selena share Julie Ann Taylor as their actress, same for Xander and his son Siegbert (as David Stanbra).

Any other same parent-child voices?

Leo and Forrest are both Max Mittelman while Hinata and Hisame share the same JP voice actor (Mitsuhiro Ichiki).

As far as the variable parent is concerned, you can have:

Spoiler

Azama or Ryoma father Shigure (Matt Mercer)
Beruka mother Rhajat or Sophie (Stephanie Sheh)
Corrin mother Mitama (Danielle Judovits)
Elise mother Nina (Natalie Lander)
Hinoka or Peri mother Selkie (Elizabeth Daily)
Kagero mother Midori (Sarah Blandy)
Kellam father Gerome (Orion Acaba)
Lon'qu father Brady (Travis Willingham)
Mitama mother Kana (Danielle Judovits)
Nyx mother Soleil (Amber Hood)
Robin father Yarne (Christopher Corey Smith)
Robin mother Noire (Michelle Ruff)

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There's no such thing as derails in this topic.

True. And if I'm going too far, the silence of being ignored like I posted nothing at all is adequate punishment.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Possible future additions to Blue Infantry Mages:

Arthur/Amid (but they're Wind Mages in their base class). Tine/Linda. Ishtar, Ishtore, Blume, and Reptor. Ilyana. Arlen. Possibly some GBA Anima Mage or two. 

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The funniest thing about your design is actually the fact that despite the slight difference, Moonbow build of your unit is pretty much the exact same thing as Ayra's Regnal Astra albeit harder to control due to being moonbow

Moonbow on everything!

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Linde has only been on two banners (Xander's and the mage gauntlet), and the latter literally came right after the former.

Coincidentally, the big reason my Linde got Blarblade+ was due to getting a Tharja from the Mage Gauntlet banner giving me the idea to use a Blade team. (I got my Linde from the Xander banner).

@phineas81707 @JSND Alter Dragon Boner Yeah, uh...

Spoiler
  • Black Knight, Sinister General attacks. 37 damage dealt. 
    Lucina, Future Witness HP: 42 → 5
  • Lucina, Future Witness counter-attacks. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 30% defense/resistance reduction [Moonbow]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wo Dao+]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wrath 3]. 45 damage dealt. Opponent gains a special cooldown charge [Steady Breath]. 
    Black Knight, Sinister General HP: 48 → 3
  • Lucina, Future Witness makes a follow-up attack. 15 damage dealt. 
    Black Knight, Sinister General HP: 3 → 0

This is what your Ayra (represented by Lucina, stats all adjusted to fit, including bonus 3 Atk to make up for Wo Dao+) does with Distant Counter Wrath Moonbow. And since she is now free from running QP, she can run whatever Seal she wants, including Distant Def 3, which does this:

Spoiler
  • linde-light-mage adds total bonuses to attack, increasing attack by 9 [blarblade-plus].
  • Linde, Light Mage attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 40 damage dealt. 
    Lucina, Future Witness HP: 42 → 2
  • Lucina, Future Witness counter-attacks, ignoring distance [distant-counter]. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 30% defense/resistance reduction [Moonbow]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wo Dao+]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wrath 3]. 50 damage dealt. 
    Linde, Light Mage HP: 35 → 0

If the Fort Res/Def seal is upgraded when applied to Linde, Linde gets that extra 2 damage to barely kill.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Tybrosion: Again I fucked up by forgetting Robin! Yep, I have him at 4★ Atk/Spd. With TA3 SB3 he works wonders.

Amusingly enough, I only started getting him a couple of months ago.

@Interdimensional Observer: ArthurGharwealdth must definitely be green. Because, y’know, Horseti.

And it’s lame to make both Tailtiu’s kids thunder mages. Not even Genealogy did that.

Friegian Thoron on Tine, pls?

@phineas81707: But Reposition is on all the things already.

Hide contents
  • Lucina, Future Witness counter-attacks. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 30% defense/resistance reduction [Moonbow]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wo Dao+]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wrath 3]. 45 damage dealt. Opponent gains a special cooldown charge [Steady Breath]. 

This is what your Ayra (represented by Lucina, stats all adjusted to fit, including bonus 3 Atk to make up for Wo Dao+) does with Distant Counter Wrath Moonbow. And since she is now free from running QP, she can run whatever Seal she want, including Distant Def 3, which does this:

Reveal hidden contents
  • linde-light-mage adds total bonuses to attack, increasing attack by 9 [blarblade-plus].
  • Linde, Light Mage attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. 40 damage dealt. 
  • Lucina, Future Witness counter-attacks, ignoring distance [distant-counter]. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 30% defense/resistance reduction [Moonbow]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wo Dao+]. Damage boosted by 10 on Special trigger [Wrath 3]. 50 damage dealt. 

If the Fort Res/Def seal is upgraded when applied to Linde, Linde gets that extra 2 damage to barely kill.

CDR is a stupidly strong mechanic what is new

I like to call the Linde calcs BLyn Syndrome. Sometimes you forgot how much dumping on Res can make a difference lol

Hide contents

This is what your Ayra (represented by Lucina, stats all adjusted to fit, including bonus 3 Atk to make up for Wo Dao+) does with Distant Counter Wrath Moonbow. And since she is now free from running QP, she can run whatever Seal she wants, including Distant Def 3, which does this:

Hide contents

(I guess now I should state the name of the character I was building for is Elena).

...OK, I knew she was a mage check thanks to that Res dumping, but... wow. This is why people value DC...

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

CDR is a stupidly strong mechanic what is new

I like to call the Linde calcs BLyn Syndrome. Sometimes you forgot how much dumping on Res can make a difference lol

How about that Def Ploy BLyn tho? I feel bad about how good it is so I'm not making that build lmao.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

(I guess now I should state the name of the character I was building for is Elena).

...OK, I knew she was a mage check thanks to that Res dumping, but... wow. This is why people value DC...

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the earlier context.

But yeah, Elena is good lol.

How about that Def Ploy BLyn tho? I feel bad about how good it is so I'm not making that build lmao.

i havent even touched my BLyn sometimes i forgot i even have one

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

...Looking at these matches, I'd gladly take a neutral Elena- she runs both these fights too close to take a defensive bane, even with her terrible Defence.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

In order of when I obtained them, I've got Delthea, Summer!Corrin, Olwen, M!Robin (promoted) and PA!Shigure as my 5* blue mages.

Leo and Forrest are both Max Mittelman while Hinata and Hisame share the same JP voice actor (Mitsuhiro Ichiki).

As far as the variable parent is concerned, you can have:

Reveal hidden contents

Azama or Ryoma father Shigure (Matt Mercer)
Beruka mother Rhajat or Sophie (Stephanie Sheh)
Corrin mother Mitama (Danielle Judovits)
Elise mother Nina (Natalie Lander)
Hinoka or Peri mother Selkie (Elizabeth Daily)
Kagero mother Midori (Sarah Blandy)
Kellam father Gerome (Orion Acaba)
Lon'qu father Brady (Travis Willingham)
Mitama mother Kana (Danielle Judovits)
Nyx mother Soleil (Amber Hood)
Robin father Yarne (Christopher Corey Smith)
Robin mother Noire (Michelle Ruff)

You know, this reminds me, I like how the kids share critical quotes with their non-variable parents in the Japanese. It's a nice touch.

That said, English voices have some great one-liner crit quotes

@SatsumaFSoysoy Have i mentioned CDR is dumb?

• Black Knight, Sinister General gains 4 defense by getting attacked [Steady Breath].
  • Sigurd, Holy Knight attacks. 12 damage dealt. Opponent gains a special cooldown charge [Steady Breath].
    Black Knight, Sinister General HP: 48 → 36
  • Black Knight, Sinister General counter-attacks. Resolve combat as if opponent suffered a 80% defense/resistance reduction [Black Luna]. 41 damage dealt.
    Sigurd, Holy Knight HP: 41 → 0

CDR is dumb