Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I pulled my first Merric and I finally have discovered how everyone else feels when they pull him... Wow this guy is... bad. Overwhelmingly mediocre as a mage with literally the most undewhelming Legendary tome in the game and completely utterly useless for SI.

I mean pulling Jakob and Lachesis was underwhelming but not nearly this bad. Felt like I flushed 4 orbs down the toilet. At least he wasn't *5.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I pulled my first Merric and I finally have discovered how everyone else feels when they pull him... Wow this guy is... bad. Overwhelmingly mediocre as a mage with literally the most undewhelming Legendary tome in the game and completely utterly useless for SI.

I mean pulling Jakob and Lachesis was underwhelming but not nearly this bad. Felt like I flushed 4 orbs down the toilet. At least he wasn't *5.

I have a 5*+1 copy, and I wouldn't even consider using him. Granted, Summer Elise is apparently the only green infantry mage I'm missing, but still...

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I have a 5*+1 copy, and I wouldn't even consider using him. Granted, Summer Elise is apparently the only green infantry mage I'm missing, but still...

Boey and F!Robin are better Raven mages, Spring Camilla is Spring Camilla and all of the other green mages outclass him completely. There isn't even a chance of him being a TT Bonus unit. He's literally useless.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Boey and F!Robin are better Raven mages, Spring Camilla is Spring Camilla and all of the other green mages outclass him completely. There isn't even a chance of him being a TT Bonus unit. He's literally useless.

Is it because he's not 5* locked? Because Merric has a pretty fair chance of being on an Archanean Tempest, being Marth's BFF and Elice's boyfriend and the first mage and everything else.

Granted, this Genealogy Tempest went out of its way to ignore Seliph, but at least we can explain that.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Is it because he's not 5* locked? Because Merric has a pretty fair chance of being on an Archanean Tempest, being Marth's BFF and Elice's boyfriend and the first mage and everything else.

Granted, this Genealogy Tempest went out of its way to ignore Seliph, but at least we can explain that.

It's highly likely that new characters from Mystery will be in a banner and they along with Marth will be the bonus units ala PoR Tempest. At best Merric will probably be a 20% unit. Either way I'm not interested seeing as I have 9 Marths so I'm covered there.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

And the explanation is a load of bullshit. If it is focused on Gen 1, why is the final boss Julia and the final map the Velthomer portion of the final chapter of Gen 2 where we encounter Julia?

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

It's highly likely that new characters from Mystery will be in a banner and they along with Marth will be the bonus units ala PoR Tempest. At best Merric will probably be a 20% unit. Either way I'm not interested seeing as I have 9 Marths so I'm covered there.

...I miss the decision making process behind the first Tempest. Why can't we have a good old fashioned batch of familiars rather than new units only?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And the explanation is a load of bullshit. If it is focused on Gen 1, why is the final boss Julia and the final map the Velthomer portion of the final chapter of Gen 2 where we encounter Julia?

It is still an explanation. It's not an explanation I agree with, but it's an explanation.

40 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, I have to admit he's been a disappointment for me too. Guy's just below being good at either speed or attack, and he also has horrendous Res, which isn't great as a mage. Maybe he can get away with tanking daggers, bows and DC, but there are others who do it better. Though to be fair, Seliph and Takumi might take the cake on worse legendaries. Least Merric has some type of effectiveness for, say, Valter (who still isn't all that common).

I mean, he's still faster than Boey, but Boey has ways around it and a better attack.

I mean as bad as Merric is, he sometimes survives some red attacks which can be a nice surprise.

Speaking of green units....sigh I just want 1 green dancer. Anyone. 

But the game won't give me green orbs :/

and now I am out of orbs again...(I already resigned myself to just using Arvis as a bonus unit)

I remember giving Merric raven tome and TA2 thinking he would do okay... Heh. Also he somehow ended up with QR2

To be fair he was useful couple times because for a while he was my both my only leveled raven tome user and only green mage. And somehow still is one of my only two raven tomers

@Xenomata

I literally just said that Arvis can’t use Vantage or Desperation without more investment than most players are willing to make. You not only need more than 55 Atk to oneshot enemies reliably, you also need at least some bulk and speed to take at least one other hit. 33 / 17 / 33 and even 33 / 20 / 36 is not winning Arvis any awards for bulk.

Why waste time with making Arvis a Vantage tank when there are already so many other units that do it better?

I also was not arguing for Recover Ring’s viability in Arena, mostly because Arvis himself is not viable in Arena because of his limited scoring potential.

And Arvis isn’t “outclassed” by Falchion users for pseudo-healing. You know why?

-Arvis can attack at range. He doesn’t have problems closing distance and can contribute chip as needed. The Falchions are stuck running up to enemies and getting out of position, while Arvis can attack most enemies at a distance where they can’t counter.

-Recover Ring heals every single turn. How is this bad? It is literally healing on demand and unless you’re constantly taking damage, healing now is better than healing later.

At least in PvE content, ditching Arvis and his unique skills just makes him look like a crappy welfare mage. Instead of forcing him a role that he will just be worse at, why not work on what makes him stand out?

I prefer new units starting with meta skills when they’re summoned. It means they’re less of a drain on player resources and I can save my fodder for the other units I want to build up, now or later.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

My 5*+5 Merric begs to differ. He might not be the BEST green mage in the game, but he has his niche. I've been running him on my Arena team, and he's my counter for flying teams, Reinhardt, AND Brave Lyn since I gave him Bowbreaker. Heck...he's even a Hector counter if he has enough HP. He has less ATK (which a extra might of a legendary tome helps make up for) and a little less bulk than Boey, but he's 5 points faster which means he can be useful on player phase and enemy phase for baiting. 

Granted, he's not useful for SI. Like at all. And he needs a rather particular nature to be extra useful. I'll even admit that he took some getting used to since he's not a full on nuke like Nino or a full on tank like Boey. But I wouldn't say he's useless. I'm also incredibly biased since he's one of my fave peeps.

..... I just realised a few things checking my pull list:

1: I've actually pulled as many times since 1.6 as before it as of yesterday.

2: The only units I haven't pulled are 5* only as of yesterday.

3: That the rate swap has not been as much of a boon as I hoped for 4* units: I'm still over 40% for 3* units, but my 5* rate's actually above average. And good riddance with what happened in the early months of the game: at one point I'm pretty sure I was close to 70% 3* units and my 5* rate was atrocious before Hero Fest.

Count your blessings indeed, even when you struggle in vain for more than one dancer.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

What if Halloween banner was a “Pick a god and cosplay!” banner?

Throw out your suggestions.

Celica as Mila is the most obvious.

Titania as Rezzy the Goddess of -Atk.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I heard FE Warriors couldn't have Ike because there were too many swords, so let's give our OCs for the game some swords.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I already have three. Out of three.

This Titania will have Atk Bane Ploy.  All enemy units get -3 Atk for the whole map, regardless of their location and with no criteria needing to be met.

53 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I prefer new units starting with meta skills when they’re summoned. It means they’re less of a drain on player resources and I can save my fodder for the other units I want to build up, now or later.

I don't have a problem with it either, but I'm kinda worried that the original unit will be lost to being meta changers. I don't have any personal investment in most of the recent newbies to be honest, but I'm fairly certain that, for instance, Innes having his almost picture-perfect stats for an Archer (great offensive stats, good Resistance, bad Defense he didn't need in the first place) does not reflect his Sacred Stones appearance whatsoever. Also they knew what they were doing giving him Cancel Affinity, a skill that to the untrained eye seems completely useless.

If this were any other game, where the characters may as well have been made up on the spot, say "Raven-Hunter the Archer", then I could believe it better. Not really as believable when I know the unit has an established statistical background.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

This is why I find the excuse that they needed to put Ayra on the TT banner otherwise they'd have a 2 unit banner kind of weak. The final character is Julia. They could have easily put Seliph and/or Julia on the banner alongside Eldigan and/or Lachesis and keep Ayra for a next FE4 banner that could have ran after the current one ended. Or make a GHB for her

And I feel your pain regarding Titania. I only got 2 copies of them since she was added to the summoning pool and both are +Def/-Atk. 24 atk as a level 40 5* hurts to look at.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

They could have easily put Seliph and/or Julia on the banner alongside Eldigan and/or Lachesis and keep Ayra for a next FE4 banner that could have ran after the current one ended. Or make a GHB for her

They also could have postponed the tempest until these two new banners have run their course (like they did with the E:SoV tempests).

There are many different possible solutions to the issue.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

They also could have postponed the tempest until these two new banners have run their course (like they did with the E:SoV tempests).

There are many different possible solutions to the issue.

That is also true. This upcoming TT didn't need to be focused on FE4. We could have had a TT based on FE1/FE3 or FE8 and have the FE4 TT after the Ayra banner was released.

38 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't have a problem with it either, but I'm kinda worried that the original unit will be lost to being meta changers. I don't have any personal investment in most of the recent newbies to be honest, but I'm fairly certain that, for instance, Innes having his almost picture-perfect stats for an Archer (great offensive stats, good Resistance, bad Defense he didn't need in the first place) does not reflect his Sacred Stones appearance whatsoever. Also they knew what they were doing giving him Cancel Affinity, a skill that to the untrained eye seems completely useless.

If this were any other game, where the characters may as well have been made up on the spot, say "Raven-Hunter the Archer", then I could believe it better. Not really as believable when I know the unit has an established statistical background.

I wish Heroes stats at least somewhat reflected how they were in their games?  Subaki being fast and Florina being slow both make no sense.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wish Heroes stats at least somewhat reflected how they were in their games?  Subaki being fast and Florina being slow both make no sense.

The only reasoning I would find here is that Florina in the Blazing Blade had a low constitution, heavy spears will make her slow as seen in Heroes. Not too sure about Subaki.

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Subaki is kind of deceptively fast in Fates though. His level 1 initiation speed is the exact same as Niles, and Niles is so hilariously fast that he's the strongest offensive unit in early game Conquest

His avoid is even pretty dang high so its reflected a bit nicely

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

41 minutes ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

Found you @Rezzy

3A7AA186-4C34-471A-9775-29D117D10056.png

Hey, cool!  Did you fight me and my amazing -Atk Sigurd?  How did it go?

26 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The only reasoning I would find here is that Florina in the Blazing Blade had a low constitution, heavy spears will make her slow as seen in Heroes. Not too sure about Subaki.

Maybe at launch, but they had to know they were doing SI from the start, and since Florina works better with pretty much any other Lance, it doesn't make as much sense.

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Subaki is kind of deceptively fast in Fates though. His level 1 initiation speed is the exact same as Niles, and Niles is so hilariously fast that he's the strongest offensive unit in early game Conquest

His avoid is even pretty dang high so its reflected a bit nicely

Maybe for a couple chapters, but that 20% speed growth isn't doing him any favors, and 10 base speed doesn't get you very far in Fates.  Maybe it would have made more sense to start him off with good speed, but have his Heroes Speed growth be terrible, so he wound up with a low Spd stat.