Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I just realized I had a needlessly bulky +DEF/-ATK S!Corrin that I could actually make a Raven+ user if I wanted to. And I actually have access to that seeing as Odin never ever wants to show up.

25 DEF and 26 RES on a tome flyer. How silly.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I just did all the develoer challenges. Jesus christ I don't think they're inflated enough. 52 attack on a Reinhardt who also has Death Blow 3 AND Cavalry support? NOBODY could survive that without TA3.

And what about the Infantry Pulse spam???  That Miracle Pulse+++ challenge would have been impossible if I didn't have so many TA3 Blues lying around...

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I just realized I had a needlessly bulky +DEF/-ATK S!Corrin that I could actually make a Raven+ user if I wanted to. And I actually have access to that seeing as Odin never ever wants to show up.

25 DEF and 26 RES on a tome flyer. How silly.

.Can't be worse than 35/21/21 +Distant Counter 2 on a Blarraven infantry dancer.

...believe me, it can't.

My teams used for the Lunatic Developers' Challenges:

Miracle Pulse++ and Static is Scary:

Spoiler

+Atk/-HP Amelia (Pivot, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hardy Bearing 1)

+Atk/-Spd 5* Effie (Brave Lance+, Pivot, Galeforce, Fortify Armor, Panic Ploy 1)

+Atk/-Def Hector (Pivot, Bonfire, Vantage, Deflect Magic 1)

5* Black Knight (Pivot, Steady Breath, Hone Armor, Fortify Res 1)

Indoor Tactician (easiest map by far to me; cleared it without taking any damage):

Spoiler

+Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers)

+HP/-Spd Hinoka (Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run)

4* +Atk/-Spd Cherche (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers)

Summer Corrin (Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3)

Manakete Squad (defense tiles really made the map difficult; ie. Memebow +Atk +1 Reinhardt w/ DB3 cannot ORKO buffed young Tiki on defense tile and gets ORKO'd on the counterattack)

Spoiler

5*+1 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Quickened Pulse)

5* Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Aether, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3)

+1 +Atk/-Res Julia (Draw Back, Fury 3)

+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura (Wings of Mercy, Deflect Melee 1)

Strike from Afar (probably the most cancerous map):

Spoiler

5* Xander (Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry)

5*+1 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (same as above; has Lancebreaker 3 and Fortify Cavalry)

+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura (same as above)

5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia (Gronnblade+, Fortify Cavalry)

Edited by Roflolxp54

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I just did all the develoer challenges. Jesus christ I don't think they're inflated enough. 52 attack on a Reinhardt who also has Death Blow 3 AND Cavalry support? NOBODY could survive that without TA3.

And what about the Infantry Pulse spam???  That Miracle Pulse+++ challenge would have been impossible if I didn't have so many TA3 Blues lying around...

Magic Deflect 3.

I beat all but one of them using the same team. Luring Robin and Tiki off the defense tiles I find makes it easier. I swear the AI for the Manakete one is different though, because Ninian never attacked anyone in her range.

Miracle+++ is the scariest one on paper, but that map makes the mistake of having all but one unit weak to Reinhardt.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Magic Deflect 3.

I beat all but one of them using the same team. Luring Robin and Tiki off the defense tiles I find makes it easier. I swear the AI for the Manakete one is different though, because Ninian never attacked anyone in her range.

Miracle+++ is the scariest one on paper, but that map makes the mistake of having all but one unit weak to Reinhardt.

She is a Dancer, which I swear they follow a different rule book from other units...

And I did use the same team for all 3 maps (Freddy, Bridelia, Shigure, and Elincia), but it didn't come without some sacrifices. On most of the Lunatic challenges Bridelia was the only survivor... I'm still having Tiki flashbacks to...

Thanks to not requiring/having a quest requiring 4 survivors, I didn't find the developers' maps to be too hard. My normal team was able to do all but two of them (I needed my team with Marthcina and Julia for the dragons, and horse emblem for the horse emblem). I'm definitely thankful for the extra orbs and managed to get Ayra out of it (+ hp/- atk, but beggars can't be choosers).

I took the lack of a 4 survivor requirement and ran with it. Without that I was just playing around using different units for fun. Had it had that requirement though the only real difficult thing to deal with would have been juiced Horse Emblem because everyone loves that right?

I'm coming to the realization that I have something for just about every situation and am wondering why I'm blowing orbs on every other banner that comes around.

Manakete squad and strike from afar lunatic are giving me trouble, I am going to have to see what I can do after I regain some stamina.  At least I earned enough orbs to get sigurd, but I still want to beat all maps.

46 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Manakete squad and strike from afar lunatic are giving me trouble, I am going to have to see what I can do after I regain some stamina.  At least I earned enough orbs to get sigurd, but I still want to beat all maps.

I beat both of them with horse emblem. The idea on manakete emblem was deleting tiki with rein, then going for ninian with cecilia and rein, then fae out of a fort tile with xander and lyn and then nowi with a team of cecilia and rein.

Strike from afar was counterkilling rein with cecilia, then baiting unboosted blade cecilia with lyn, then playing around with peri and deleting her with lancebreaker rein, and eldigan is food for him.

Also did 7 streak on AA initiating with knight emblem and managed to get 4880 pts. Quite an achievement to me because it is first time I get this score :D. 3000 feathers yay.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I swear the AI for the Manakete one is different though, because Ninian never attacked anyone in her range.

Using an Assist skill is prioritized over attacking if the unit being assisted is able to move into range of the player (or is already in range of the player) and has a better match-up than the assisting unit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I beat both of them with horse emblem. The idea on manakete emblem was deleting tiki with rein, then going for ninian with cecilia and rein, then fae out of a fort tile with xander and lyn and then nowi with a team of cecilia and rein.

Strike from afar was counterkilling rein with cecilia, then baiting unboosted blade cecilia with lyn, then playing around with peri and deleting her with lancebreaker rein, and eldigan is food for him.

Also did 7 streak on AA initiating with knight emblem and managed to get 4880 pts. Quite an achievement to me because it is first time I get this score :D. 3000 feathers yay.

I still need to 5* my Cecilia, but with the feathers from TT I will do it Monday.  I may save finishing off those two maps until next weekend since I need to train more units on the Warriors maps before they go away.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Using an Assist skill is prioritized over attacking if the unit being assisted is able to move into range of the player (or is already in range of the player) and has a better match-up than the assisting unit.

Ok then. It ended up not being a problem, but I’ll keep that in mind and keep the dancer more separate from their teammates next time.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Magic Deflect 3.

It was funny watching Sages' video where the Manaketes just kept buffing each other and not moving forward for a dozen turns.

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It was funny watching Sages' video where the Manaketes just kept buffing each other and not moving forward for a dozen turns.

This. I thought I was playing Tempest Trials until I realized that at least they weren’t Repositioning themselves towards the far left corner of the map.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This. I thought I was playing Tempest Trials until I realized that at least they weren’t Repositioning themselves towards the far left corner of the map.

Or Echoes that turn limit map with Leon, Saber, and Sonya.

People who want true PvP in Heroes, it would just be much of this.

I finally went and 5*'d Alphonse.  Not sure whether to keep his native Legendary or give him a Brave Sword+ from one of my -Atk Cains or Ogmas.

Edited by Rezzy

So I recently had a crazy idea to revive an old FEH account I had. Or rather make a new one on my old phone mostly because I wanted to challenge myself to play the game from the beginning with the knowledge I now have but also trying to be more frugal. So I suppose my new goal is to see how far I can go with mostly characters I can get or roll for free. I think I spent a little over 40 orbs and got some good and some not as good characters. (It helps that the beginning of this game is so easy that it doesn't really matter who you use. lol) It also helps that my first free pull was a +ATK Sigurd. XD I also snagged a -ATK Karel on Ayra's banner (my third pull) and a +ATK -SPD PA!Inigo...who took up the majority of those orbs because I desperately wanted to get one of the dancers. 

I was also surprised to find that new players automatically get to summon one of the CYL units for free. (I picked Brave Lyn...but I probably would have picked Roy had I not gotten Sigurd.) I suppose that's a new feature that's around to stay. The last Hero Fest Summoner Support banner is also active for a week after starting up the game. Cool. I was lucky enough in my starting pulls that I doubt I'll need to do any pulling for a little while. I need some armors and a blue mage would be nice as well but the TT and Ursula GHB should take care of that. 

It's soooo weird starting out with nothing. XD 

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I finally went and 5*'d Alphonse.  Not sure whether to keep his native Legendary or give him a Brave Sword+ from one of my -Atk Cains or Ogmas.

Brave Sword all the way. I just promoted my Anna, and my next 40k will go towards finishing up the last Askr unit.

@Zeo What you say about my boy

Merric isn’t useless, in all seriousness. He makes the mistake of having middling Spd at the expense of his Atk and Def, but he can still run a Gronnraven set pretty well. Having access to a legendary weapon also ups his scoring potential compared to Boey and Robin, while access to natures can give Merric a better spread than Robin’s default when +Atk or +Def (Res is a dump stat so no one cares).

While I do like Merric quite a bit, his middling stats are a shortcoming, but they don’t make him useless.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Brave Sword all the way. I just promoted my Anna, and my next 40k will go towards finishing up the last Askr unit.

@Zeo What you say about my boy

Merric isn’t useless, in all seriousness. He makes the mistake of having middling Spd at the expense of his Atk and Def, but he can still run a Gronnraven set pretty well. Having access to a legendary weapon also ups his scoring potential compared to Boey and Robin, while access to natures can give Merric a better spread than Robin’s default when +Atk or +Def (Res is a dump stat so no one cares).

While I do like Merric quite a bit, his middling stats are a shortcoming, but they don’t make him useless.

Merric can pull the TA Gronnraven Bowbreaker build to counter both the Hardt and CYLyn.  So he's got anti-meta going for him.  He does it better than Inigo, and people think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Merric can pull the TA Gronnraven Bowbreaker build to counter both the Hardt and CYLyn.  So he's got anti-meta going for him.  He does it better than Inigo, and people think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I know at least one character that would love to have Merric Dance for her.

I’d whale for Dancer Merric tbh. You need some action in a place in the middle of nowhere like Khadein

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’d whale for Dancer Merric tbh. You need some action in a place in the middle of nowhere like Khadein

We could totally use a nerd like Merric out of his element. Dancer Merric I approve of. As I would Swimsuit Merric, if he's a little flabby, and not at all a 10/10, and instead flimsy and average, I'm fine with that.

Also, Khadein is overwhelmingly male in its attendees, with sex segregated dorms. The relieving "the Khadein Scratch" via... "unorthodox means", is common after a long time with few women in sight, and many of them choosing to die virgins.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He did show a lot of leg in his FE1 art.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We could totally use a nerd like Merric out of his element. Dancer Merric I approve of. As I would Swimsuit Merric, if he's a little flabby, and not at all a 10/10, and instead flimsy and average, I'm fine with that.

Also, Khadein is overwhelmingly male in its attendees, with sex segregated dorms. The relieving "the Khadein Scratch" via... "unorthodox means", is common after a long time with few women in sight, and many of them choosing to die virgins.

As much as I’d like to see that, I’ll give a friendly reminder that this is a gacha game, and every male character therefore is going to be either Gordin or Arden. Not too much middle ground inbetween.

Wow, it almost sounds like a school for wizards

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He did show a lot of leg in his FE1 art.

Sounds saucy, but is his indecent exposure as risque as Marth’s?

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

As much as I’d like to see that, I’ll give a friendly reminder that this is a gacha game, and every male character therefore is going to be either Gordin or Arden. Not too much middle ground inbetween.

Wow, it almost sounds like a school for wizards

Sounds saucy, but is his indecent exposure as risque as Marth’s?

You tell me. 280?cb=20111202204324