Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sounds saucy, but is his indecent exposure as risque as Marth’s?

Page 32

Both my pic and Rezzy's are from FE3, don't know what his FE1 battle sprite looked like.

Edit: Found this LP, skip to 41:52- when Merric's cloak opens, you do see he is sans pants.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

…don't know what his FE1 battle sprite looked like.

Bs_fe01_mage_male_tome.png

NES sprites best sprites. Or not. Or yes. Or maybe.

FEARHT_Merric.png

The artwork is the best still.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Seeing old FE1/3 art makes me really want to play the Fire Emblem beta that exists only in my headcannon. The one where you play as King (M)Arthur and Merric is named Merlin.

"What do you think? Do I look good with a beard?"

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The artwork is the best still.

Just where did you find that treasured relic?

I miss the days of old, like when Tobin could be mistaken for Grey's girlfriend at first glance.

Spoiler

Page 112

And Alm was Marth

Spoiler

Page 106

Also, I think Mae was jealous of the attention Boey was getting

Spoiler

Page 114

And Leon was just as fabulous, if the brother of Kamui

Spoiler

Page 115

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just where did you find that treasured relic?

I miss the days of old, like when Tobin could be mistaken for Grey's girlfriend at first glance.

Reveal hidden contents

Page 112

And Alm was Marth

Reveal hidden contents

Page 106

Also, I think Mae was jealous of the attention Boey was getting

Reveal hidden contents

Page 114

And Leon was just as fabulous, if the brother of Kamui

Reveal hidden contents

Page 115

Alm's magnificent codpiece!

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Merric can pull the TA Gronnraven Bowbreaker build to counter both the Hardt and CYLyn.  So he's got anti-meta going for him.  He does it better than Inigo, and people think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Isn't QR better on him? To charge Bonfire? 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is by far the weirdest Training Tower roll I've yet gotten.

Hide contents

Uxd1qDG.jpg

Someone really wants Abel's lance.

"Impale me with that brave Hero Lance of yours!"

"And again!"

"And again!"

"I'm confused- I knew you had two sisters, but I thought they weren't identical twins..."

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is by far the weirdest Training Tower roll I've yet gotten.

Reveal hidden contents

Uxd1qDG.jpg

Someone really wants Abel's lance.

Well, you rolled for red, you got (deep) red. 

I also met Palla in the tower today. Wanted to bait her and Seth with my Tana, but I didn't check her skills. Turns out she had guidance which let the opposing Gordin jump through a wall ... let's say Tana didn't get any SP/HM from that mission. 

I actually turned my Julia into a Gronraven build because lately Nowi and her fellow manaketes have been growing increasingly sparse while I bump into Reinhardts and Brave Lyns as many as 5 times out of 7. She’s +Def -Res, so her bulk is very evenly distributed. 

I like Merric enough in terms of his design and character, but man do I get salty when I pull him (especially as a 5*) His star spread is weird and he doesn’t make good use of his signature tome because of his awful attack (not to mention that many flyers outside of wyverns tend to have high resistance). I guess he’s not unusable, but he’s clearly the bottom of the barrel for green mages and one of the weaker  mages in general.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Bs_fe01_mage_male_tome.png

NES sprites best sprites. Or not. Or yes. Or maybe.

FEARHT_Merric.png

I agree. The mages in FE1 had some pretty sick dance moves.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

You know, i kinda like ponytail Gaiden Genny than sheep girl Echoes Genny

she looks spunkier

I thought you had good taste. Clearly I was mistaken.

@Rezzy That’s a -Def Merric

what were you thinking

8 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I like Merric enough in terms of his design and character, but man do I get salty when I pull him (especially as a 5*) His star spread is weird and he doesn’t make good use of his signature tome because of his awful attack (not to mention that many flyers outside of wyverns tend to have high resistance). I guess he’s not unusable, but he’s clearly the bottom of the barrel for green mages and one of the weaker  mages in general.

Better scoring potential compared to his competitors has to be worth something, though. I do agree that by the numbers he is weaker than them.

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

what were you thinking

Would you rather I have used one of my - Atk Merrics?  Gotta work with what I've got.

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

what were you thinking

Would you rather I have used one of my - Atk Merrics?  Gotta work with what I've got.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I agree. The mages in FE1 had some pretty sick dance moves.

I thought you had good taste. Clearly I was mistaken.

what were you thinking

Better scoring potential compared to his competitors has to be worth something, though. I do agree that by the numbers he is weaker than them.

Excalibur should have killer effect, which actually does nothing

40 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well yeah. Atk isn’t an issue with Triangle Adept, and you can get that lost Atk through merges anyway. Raven Adept is for checking other units, and the more 0’s the better.

For how terrible exceptional your luck is, -Atk is the most overrated bane on this sub. -Spd is more debilitating most of the time since fewer units actually want to dump their Spd stat.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Excalibur should have killer effect, which actually does nothing

Make Dark Excalibur inheritable. Suddenly Sonya is outclassed kappa

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Well yeah. Atk isn’t an issue with Triangle Adept, and you can get that lost Atk through merges anyway. Raven Adept is for checking other units, and the more 0’s the better.

For how terrible exceptional your luck is, -Atk is the most overrated bane on this sub. -Spd is more debilitating most of the time since fewer units actually want to dump their Spd stat.

I want to say my others were +HP-Atk and -Atk+Res.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

BRB, I’ll have to S-support them.

Very late to this, but I just had to mention how appalling this is to me. How can you not S Support Abel and Cain?!?! Not only do they have history together, but they can provide the exact same WTA coverage that Abel and Palla can, but with horse buffs! It's childhood lovers plus gameplay efficiency! The perfect ship! Not sure where that would leave Palla in terms of relationships, though... I guess she and Est have a few things in common, and they have the same WTA coverage and buff sharing that Able and Cain have...

Oh wait, nevermind, I guess Abel and Cain don't have prior chemistry because New Mystery is dumb and didn't give them supports. My bad. But hey, at least Caeda and Marisha have a full support chain, because their interest in Marth is far more interesting than the lifelong friendship of Abel and Cain, the original cavalier duo.

I'm not upset, you're upset.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Very late to this, but I just had to mention how appalling this is to me. How can you not S Support Abel and Cain?!?! Not only do they have history together, but they can provide the exact same WTA coverage that Abel and Palla can, but with horse buffs! It's childhood lovers plus gameplay efficiency! The perfect ship! Not sure where that would leave Palla in terms of relationships, though... I guess she and Est have a few things in common, and they have the same WTA coverage and buff sharing that Able and Cain have...

Oh wait, nevermind, I guess Abel and Cain don't have prior chemistry because New Mystery is dumb and didn't give them supports. My bad. But hey, at least Caeda and Marisha have a full support chain, because their interest in Marth is far more interesting than the lifelong friendship of Abel and Cain, the original cavalier duo.

I'm not upset, you're upset.

They have supports, just not convo

RIP

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

They have supports, just not convo

RIP

Support bonuses are hardly enough to base an entire relationship on, though. Well, at least for me. My standards are obviously much higher and more important.

On that topic, I wish those bonuses weren't called Supports, considering the conversations were always known as Supports in the GBA games; it makes things more confusing when discussing the Support conversations in FE11 and 12.

And as much as I love FE12, the conversations were very... hit-or-miss. I'll defend Est's surprisingly well done writing in her supports until the day I die (or until I lose interest), but some of the conversations that don't exist are just baffling. Even some of the ones that do exist are weird to have. Katarina and Cecil? Sure, they have history thanks to the Prologue, but... why them specifically? At least the Wolfguard and Sable Knights have a few conversations, as short as they may be (which is somewhat justified given their join time).