Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd take Reinhardt over Xander as a character all day any day. Sure, he's not very exciting as a character, but for certain characters less screen time actually works in their favor. Reinhardt happens to be one of them for me.

Jugdral's math makes no sense. At all.

Any more and they'd have to say what his opinion on the child hunts is- and no matter which option you pick, Reiny comes out looking worse.

Writers hate math, for some reason. It's simple math...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Any more and they'd have to say what his opinion on the child hunts is- and no matter which option you pick, Reiny comes out looking worse.

Writers hate math, for some reason. It's simple math...

Which is why I kind of assume that unless the game itself or a potential remake outright proves me wrong, that Reinhardt (as Ishtar's bodyguard) knew that she was doing something about the child hunts behind Julius's back and helped her out, but was too modest to ever mention it.

Ugh, that honestly pisses me off, the amount of writers who can't do simple math. As a person who writes and did very well in math compared to, well, the average person I guess, it really makes me angry. IT'S ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION, NOT FUCKING CALCULUS.

Oh, ew... I just had Arden inherit Spur Res 2 and Ward Armor because I can get rid of 2 units that way and Drive Def 2 seems like a better Spur Def, so why bother giving him Spur Def 2 (and 3)? Anyway, by having Arden inherit Spur Res 2, Arden's C-slot skills are ordered as: Spur Def 1, Spur Res 1, Spur Res 2, Drive Def 1, Drive Def 2, and Ward Armor. I would have preferred that Spur Def and Drive Def were together instead of Spur Res being in middle. It makes sense, however, as the skills progress from being 1-range spurs to 2-range drives and to movement-based wards, but it just looks gross to me.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Using Reinhardt is like pooping.

Everyone does it.  You can try putting it off, but it's just going to make you more uncomfortable.

You don't speak about using Reinhardt in polite company.

After you've used Reinhardt yourself, you feel good, but if you see someone else's Reinhardt lying around, you grumble about having to deal with it.

No one thinks their own Reinhardt stinks.

I actually laughed out loud at this.  That's a great analogy, hahaha.

44 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, ew... I just had Arden inherit Spur Res 2 and Ward Armor because I can get rid of 2 units that way and Drive Def 2 seems like a better Spur Def, so why bother giving him Spur Def 2 (and 3)? Anyway, by having Arden inherit Spur Res 2, Arden's C-slot skills are ordered as: Spur Def 1, Spur Res 1, Spur Res 2, Drive Def 1, Drive Def 2, and Ward Armor. I would have preferred that Spur Def and Drive Def were together instead of Spur Res being in middle. It makes sense, however, as the skills progress from being 1-range spurs to 2-range drives and to movement-based wards, but it just looks gross to me.

What happens when we get skills like Drive Def/Res? how will they organise that?

Also I can totally see that as the next level for the Drive Skills.

Power creep ahoy! (Drive Atk/Spd when?)

Drive attack was on Delthea long ago

And Rody came with drive defense

EDIT: Oh, never mind, misread.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Drive attack was on Delthea long ago

And Rody came with drive defense

EDIT: Oh, never mind, misread.

Yeah i meant the combo skills like Rally Atk/Spd, etc.

I can see how you can misread it though

Speaking of Roderick, man that guy has lots of useful skills to inherit.

Also incredibly annoying to face though in things like the TT- 'oh you think you can wall my Firesweep Lance? SURPRISE DRAG BACK!!!'

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

When they decide to remake Jugdral, they should consult a calculator.

Told you

#BraveRoyCanDoAnything

Also if you think Jugdral writer sucks at math you need to see the interpretation for Leif age in every adaptation because its NEVER consistent.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

As someone who never pulled anything but -ATK Reinhardts but has to fight him every single day in Arena and occasionally in PvE, no I don't feel even the slightest bad using him. I have a +ATK Bridelia but using her gets old, she dies to everything, has 2 Mov and has maxed HM.

I have to deal with him virtually all the time, why not use him? Using him and Brave Axe+ Frederick to curbstomp everything (+ Hone support) is the funnest I've had in a while and I look forward to how broken a +ATK Rein will be (He's Pesudo +ATK since he's +SPD/-RES but has the ATK+3 seal, but an extra 3 ATK? *Whistles*)

I'll be using him in the Bride's place for quite a while. At least until he maxes HM. Then he'll pop in and out of my Horse Emblem team which built itself without me realizing it.

Is there still time for me to say I haven't built mine? No spare Kleins, either, because I decided to try Bart's Alvis strat without paying close enough attention to the minor skill requirements (I'm still calling that a waste, despite Death Blow Cherche being good synergy).

Haven't been able to justify the feathers, don't want to do what everyone else is doing, don't see where I'll be using him, and despite him being the liege of my favourite Jugdralian, I'm irrationally holding the child hunt thing against him.

Yes, I know the Genealogy remake is going to fit him in somewhere, but who says I'll still be here by then?

I just saw that I had a 4* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt sitting on my barracks for ~1 week. I thought he wasn't +Atk when I pulled him, but went looking again today and found out that he was.

Now I have a 5* +3, +Atk/-Spd Rein. Need to find another one to get him to +4 and get the Atk merge bonus.

My friend who I got into fire emblem was using a Shanna. I decided to see her matchups with a Brave Lance, LnD, Desperation build and it was scary how good it was. She basically killed almost everything in the meta, with her not kills being the high tanky units. In fact, she actually nearly kills Arden, with leaving him at 5 hp. And I've figured out the best nature for this build is either +atk/+spd/-def/-res, but you would want to run the +3 version of the seal that is the version of the nature she got. +3 speed seal if +atk, and +3 atk seal if +spd.

Edited by Poimagic

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

My friend who I got into fire emblem was using a Shanna. I decided to see her matchups with a Brave Lance, LnD, Desperation build and it was scary how good it was. She basically killed almost everything in the meta, with her not kills being the high tanky units. In fact, she actually nearly kills Arden, with leaving him at 5 hp. And I've figured out the best nature for this build is either +atk/+spd/-def/-res, but you would want to run the +3 version of the seal that is the version of the nature she got. +3 speed seal if +atk, and +3 atk seal if +spd.

Is that without or without Flier Buffs?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is that without or without Flier Buffs?

Without flier buffs, which is really scary. Also, isn't it supposed to say "with or without flyer buffs?"

Edited by Poimagic

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Without flier buffs, which is really scary. Also, isn't it supposed to say "with or without flyer buffs?"

I have seen both spellings.  Technically pamphlets and ads are flyers, and people who fly are fliers, but it's a rule that's not commonly enforced, and it might be different in British English.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have seen both spellings.  Technically pamphlets and ads are flyers, and people who fly are fliers, but it's a rule that's not commonly enforced, and it might be different in British English.

Hmm, thought the double "without" was the actual issue, not the word flyer. I may be wrong, though.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Actually @MonkeyCheez3K is right. I was commenting on there being two without's in your sentence.

23 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I had a dream I purposely spent orbs on colorless for no good reasons and thought about how stupid that was. I woke up happy to see my orbs were still there.

It's actually a vision of how you'll snipe colorless orbs looking for Sakura and Jakob and getting lots of Virions instead.

12 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

It's actually a vision of how you'll snipe colorless orbs looking for Sakura and Jakob and getting lots of Virions instead.

Or I'll just get Jakob and not Sakura, the one I want. But to be honest, I'll be fine if I pull ANY bow users, because my colorless luck lately has been all healers.

13 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Or I'll just get Jakob and not Sakura, the one I want. But to be honest, I'll be fine if I pull ANY bow users, because my colorless luck lately has been all healers.

I'm just sniping for Nowi and Henry first...then I'll worry about the other two.

There aren't any Blues thus time, are there?  I guess i wont be getting a better Oscar just yet.  Hopefully, Tailtiu becomes 4*.