Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have this weird urge to promote my Spd/Res Hana and give her the wo dao. The only thing containing me is my lacking in Swordbreaker fodder: only one Abel and a couple of Sullys.

Shall I indulge?

Live your dreams~

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Vaximillian As a Hana user, she wants a Brave Sword more. I was curious about it too and ran some calcs, but ultimately decided it wasn’t all that great.

Damn, shot down on the rise.

What about that Fir? Usual glassy L&D3, SBr3, Moonbow stuff with Atk/Res?

Edited by Vaximillian

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have this weird urge to promote my Spd/Res Hana and give her the wo dao. The only thing containing me is my lacking in Swordbreaker fodder: only one Abel and a couple of Sullys.

Shall I indulge?

You could give me that Wo Dao so I could give it to my recently promoted Caeda ;)

I just pulled a +Atk-Spd Leo, which is nice, but I have a traine +Atk-Def Leo, which seems better for Horse Emblem.  His Speed can't double much, but at least he mostly avoids getting doubled.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Shall I indulge?

As others said, she'd rather have a Brave Sword, which she's honestly one of the best users of it. Wo Dao is something you can give to nearly every sword unit, while Brave Sword aren't. I do encourage promoting her though. She's a monster.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Caeda is wonderful, I love her.

[snip]

:(

Spoiler

N7LpTxs.png

She's so close, and yet so far... oh yeah, and don't worry, that was from a pity breaker 5-star Seth, so it didn't cost anything.

Although, I'm curious now, because I don't think I know... who are you supporting Caeda with?

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Although, I'm curious now, because I don't think I know... who are you supporting Caeda with?

I’m pretty vanilla and boring, so Marth.

Need to grind up their support one day.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Hmm, no Halloween luck for the armours, but I did get a +Atk/-Spd Innes and passed my driving test.

Not sure if i should build him because of the Atk boon or casually level him up and make him Fortress Res fodder for my +Spd Azama Cancel Affinity fodder for Lyn or something. I don't really see a lot of Innes(es?) so I'm not sure how to build him anyway.

Also apparently Sakura whale pulled a lot of Innes while hunting for the Neko Sakura.

I just want a ranged armour but I'll just wait for more orbs.

Innes has just the right stat spread to make for a good Brave Bow+ user. He would have been better off with +Spd -Def or +Att -Def, but +Att -Spd is nothing to be ashamed of... well mostly.

But either way, he can run an effective Brave Bow LnD3 set similar in style to Bridelia. If you'd rather not run LnD3 because it costs 20k feathers to promote Hana, you could always do what most other Brave users do and run DB3, but Innes does normally have the speed to take advantage of LnD3... normally.

I think the only reason you don't see Innes is because people were able to get Bridelia or, better, get Brave Lyn and give their Brave Bow to her. Brave Lyn is also a Horseback Ranged unit who has more BST than other Horse Rangers, and her personal passive B skill can also be worth a few extra Arena points. 

You can also give the Brave Bow treatment to Leon, but I guess you don't see him often either...

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m pretty vanilla and boring, so Marth.

Need to grind up their support one day.

Aw... that's cute, but I prefer breaking the lore in half when I can. I still need to grind the support between Marth and Catria, while Minerva can console Caeda during the monthly flier quests. Perhaps one day, the friendship between Caeda and Minerva can become something stronger than mere friendship...

Like best friendship!

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Innes has just the right stat spread to make for a good Brave Bow+ user. He would have been better off with +Spd -Def or +Att -Def, but +Att -Spd is nothing to be ashamed of... well mostly.

But either way, he can run an effective Brave Bow LnD3 set similar in style to Bridelia. If you'd rather not run LnD3 because it costs 20k feathers to promote Hana, you could always do what most other Brave users do and run DB3, but Innes does normally have the speed to take advantage of LnD3... normally.

I think the only reason you don't see Innes is because people were able to get Bridelia or, better, get Brave Lyn and give their Brave Bow to her. Brave Lyn is also a Horseback Ranged unit who has more BST than other Horse Rangers, and her personal passive B skill can also be worth a few extra Arena points. 

You can also give the Brave Bow treatment to Leon, but I guess you don't see him often either...

That's true, even then I barely see any Bride Cordelias now as well because of Lyn.

I think I'll just make him my backup archer for now since I lack Brave Bow fodder (I gave my last Klein to Brave Lyn).

My other archers are a +Atk/-res Klein (all maxed out thanks to TT) and a +Def Jeorge (I have a +Atk 4 star one though but that requires training and upgrading).

Thanks for the advice! I won't put any skills yet in case I find another one, since Fortress Res is pretty cool on Azama (Mine is +Spd so he'll survive almost anyone with this) and Cancel Affinity is also useful fodder (although I have a spare Matihlda for this but that requires 20k feathers)

Me, for the past few months: "Man, I don't really want to continue my playthrough of Thracia. Losing the chapter where Leif gained his second point of movement was just too disheartening."

Thracia, today, after I decided to start playing again: "Hey, do you want Orsin to get an extra point in movement in this chapter instead?"

I think I like Thracia 776 again.

To make this more Heroes related, if Nephenee and Tailtiu can make it randomly into Heroes, Orsin had better be up soon. Having another source of Wrath would be nice, and a distant counter Pugi would be the icing on the Orsin cake. 

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Me, for the past few months: "Man, I don't really want to continue my playthrough of Thracia. Losing the chapter where Leif gained his second point of movement was just too disheartening."

Thracia, today, after I decided to start playing again: "Hey, do you want Orsin to get an extra point in movement in this chapter instead?"

To make this more Heroes related, if Nephenee and Tailtiu can make it randomly into Heroes, Orsin had better be up soon. Having another source of Wrath would be nice, and a distant counter Pugi would be the icing on the Orsin cake. 

I used to be playing PoR, but Chapter 13 scares me. The fact both my Oscar and Nephenee are turning out terribly gives me little confidence for my first Elincia.

(Meanwhile, Jill seems to be my first wyvern turning out well.).

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I used to be playing PoR, but Chapter 13 scares me. The fact both my Oscar and Nephenee are turning out terribly gives me little confidence for my first Elincia.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Speaking of which, it feels like every banner introducing new characters has had that one unit who, on paper anyways, doesn't seem as interesting as the other two or three new units they join the cast with.

I wonder how it's decided who among those units will be added...?

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Speaking of which, it feels like every banner introducing new characters has had that one unit who, on paper anyways, doesn't seem as interesting as the other two or three new units they join the cast with.

The only one that is easy to tell is Oscar

He's entirely added for Lancebreaker

Ugh. I know I really should just aim to 4*+10 my Olivia since I already have quite a few 4* versions of her in my barracks and I will never 5*+10 her as a F2P player, but part of me just hates not having a golden border for her lmao. We'll see. I'd like to wait for a +ATK/-RES one anyway before deciding anything since the one I'm using currently is +SPD/-HP which is good but not ideal, I think.

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

To make this more Heroes related, if Nephenee and Tailtiu can make it randomly into Heroes, Orsin had better be up soon. 

Okay Tailtiu might have been out of left field, but Nephenee? She made it into the top 20 for females in the CYL poll so it should have been a given that that she'd an eventual addition. 

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

Okay Tailtiu might have been out of left field, but Nephenee? She made it into the top 20 for females in the CYL poll so it should have been a given that that she'd an eventual addition. 

I didn’t want Nephenee, but got her straight away. I wanted Celica and Deirdre, and the former cost me around 420 orbs, and the latter took over 140 on her banner and never showed up.

The gacha knows.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Is that the one with like three boats and a bunch of allied units? I remember that one being frightening as well. I think Chapter 12 gave me more trouble in the end, though, for whatever reason. Maybe your first Elincia will actually be unnaturally good though, as an apology (or maybe to rub it in more?) for you not getting Elincia in Heroes.

I have a lot of bias for wyvern/dragon units, haha. Minerva, Altena, Dean and Eda, Melady and Zeiss, Jill and Haar, Cherche... I pretty much always try to make them mainstays on my teams. Maybe that's the real reason I don't care for FE7; it's wyvern units are quite uninteresting to me.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah, Oscar and Tailtiu (I actually legit forgot about Oscar, which is why I said Nephenee), as nice as they are, were odd choices. I do kinda like it, though. It gives more of a chance for obscure characters to be added in, kinda like how Olwen and Reinhardt were somehow added so quickly. Maybe Ronan Tanya will actually have a chance now too! 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Don't ask me how, but I got Oscar and Nephenee confused there. Although in fairness, she does have more in common with Tailtiu than Tailtiu does with Oscar. Both have Wrath (like Orsin, which might've been what confused me), they're both fairly popular side characters from their games (Tailtiu less so than Nephenee, but more so than Oscar), and... well, frankly, both were better received than Oscar. Poor guy. Not that I wouldn't use him for LB3 fodder myself, but I still feel bad for him.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...to BLAZE IT.

*insert Smoke Weed Errydaaay*

I should have expected dumb memes. Woe is me.

Quoting Navarre, “……”

Edited by Vaximillian

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I didn’t want Nephenee, but got her straight away. I wanted Celica and Deirdre, and the former cost me around 420 orbs, and the latter took over 140 on her banner and never showed up.

The gacha knows.

Going off my experiences with the seasonal banners in particular, yes the gacha most certainly does.

Bridal Blessings: wanted Cordelia, gets Lyn first and never gets Cordelia
Nohrian Summer: wanted Elise, gets Xander first
Performing Arts: wanted Azura, gets Inigo first
Trick or Defeat!: wanted Sakura, gets Jakob first...only to get Sakura immediately after