Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Louise is already taking care of that.

This gives me life. Bahahahaha. 

Dang. Finally beat the CC for Paralogue 13/14. By themselves, the paralogue CCs were easy enough. But I was having some trouble doing all of them together. Those Halloween armors are pesky to kill...as is Sigurd. He's not quite as bad in the Arena, but he seems to be the master of surviving ORKOs. But I found a strategy that used Julia, Healer!Lucina, Reinhardt, and Olivia. Ended up completing 5/6 maps with Blade!Soren, Healer!Masked Marth, Rein, and PA!Azura. Would have cleared the last map too if I had remembered the enemies just came at you. The CC orbs are some of the most rewarding....and frustrating. 

23 hours ago, Zeo said:

Looking at Ayra's stats made me look back on my Edward from the Create-A-Hero thread (May 8th) and made me realize how ridiculous the power creep is and how... I still did a pretty terrible job balancing and made him OP.

Ayra Stats: 41/33/37/31/21 | 162 BST

Edward Stats: 42/35/38/19/20 | 154 BST

Ayra Skills: Swift Sparrow/Desperation

Edward Skills: Life and Death 3/Axebreaker

Ayra Prf Skill: Heavy Blade (Speed Variant)/Speed+3

Edward Skill: Defiant ATK 2.

I was a little silly with the stats but she has better skills. Pretty ridiculous that I gave him 35/38 offenses though. Sad thing is that... this doesn't seem broken still, at least in comparison. I also gave him Astra ironically, funny eh?

I remember seeing this yesterday and I also remember that Edward and Mia were brought up in this thread before. Anyway, yeah you messed up with his stats since 154 BST is melee cavalry BST. At worse, and assuming the developers don't introduce infantry with old man BST, the lowest BST a melee infantry unit has currently is 156 which Athena and Bartre have.

I would like to say that I still don't agree with any unit having more than 71 total neutral offenses; Hana and Linde have 35/36 and Legion has 36/35. Regardless if the developers eventually do it, it just wouldn't sit right. Edward having 35/38 neutral offenses means he has 73 total neutral offenses. If this was a +Atk or +Spd Edward, then whatever since that would mean he'd cap at whatever attack or speed with a boon rather than being capable of having 38/38 or 35/41 offenses. Similar deal with units who have weapons or skills that boost their offenses since it would be something that happens after their base offenses.

As for Edward himself...

Spoiler

I feel like he should have more HP and that his defense should be higher than his resistance by a margin. I say this since with his current defenses and him being a melee unit, it's going to be rough if he had 42 HP and 19/20 bulk and for his defense being higher than resistance, Edward does gain resistance by promoting (and leveling in general), but he starts at 0 base resistance and his growth is 20%. With base stats of 19/7/12/5/0 and growths of 85%/60%/60%/35%/20%, I feel like Edward would make more sense with stats like this: 46/33/37/24/17. High HP pool, good attack for a myrmidon, high speed, average defense that is higher than his resistance, and low resistance reflective of his nonexistent base and low growth.

For Caladbolg, no idea what the developers would give it assuming he will have it, but "Grants +3 Atk" seems like the simplest answer considering Defiant skills aren't that reliable. One of Edward's Cipher cards has Caladbolg as a skill where he gains +10 attack after 4 unit stacks whatever that means and however that works in Cipher, so it makes me think something that increases his attack would make sense. Translating +8 Luck might be a bit more difficult, but something like "Grants +3 Atk. -1 special cooldown" could work even though it would suck for Eldigan.

Edward: Sword of Justice

46 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 24 Def, 17 Res

Caladbolg: 16 Mt; Grants +3 Atk (and additional effect here if needed)

Night Sky, Astra or Shove (if going off what skills he gets in RD)

(A-slot)

Wrath 3

(C-slot)

The hilarity of this all is that with those stats and Caladbolg, he'd essentially be a more physical Lucina. Edward would have 1 less attack and defense and 2 less resistance for 3 more HP and 1 more speed than Lucina. His higher HP evens out his magical bulk, so he's actually as bulky as Lucina; Edward's bulk is 70 total or 47x2 physical and 63 total or 40x2 magical to Lucina's 68 total or 47x2 physical and 62 total or 41x2 magical. For their weapons, he trades effective damage against dragons and Renewal 2 for a static +3 attack and maybe something else meaning Lucina has higher sustain, but Edward would usually hit harder. This was totally unintentional by the way. I just thought up of stats for him and ended up making a Lucina. :p

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This was totally unintentional by the way. I just thought up of stats for him and ended up making a Lucina. :p

I still don’t have and won’t have a regular Lucina :(
I have Masked Marth, I have CYL Lucina, but not the vanilla Lucina with Falchion. It’s been nine months. Game why.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I still don’t have and won’t have a regular Lucina :(
I have Masked Marth, I have CYL Lucina, but not the vanilla Lucina with Falchion. It’s been nine months. Game why.

Well, this is awkward. Lucina was my second 5* and she was an off-focus summon from what I remember. I wished I had BH Lucina and I regret not summoning from the spring banner since bunny Lucina is pretty funny.

Now, if only Hector, Hinoka, or regular Lyn would show up. I have bride Lyn, I chose BH Lyn and ended up summoning another BH Lyn, but I don't have regular Lyn nor do I have Hector. All those regular Lyns in a row while re-rolling for Selena was an omen... Yes, I know, poor tastes in waifus. :p

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, this is awkward. Lucina was my second 5* and she was an off-focus summon from what I remember. I wished I had BH Lucina and I regret not summoning from the spring banner since bunny Lucina is pretty funny.

Now, if only Hector, Hinoka, or regular Lyn would show up. I have bride Lyn, I chose BH Lyn and ended up summoning another BH Lyn, but I don't have regular Lyn nor do I have Hector. All those regular Lyns in a row while re-rolling for Selena was an omen... Yes, I know, poor tastes in waifus. :p

Lyn and Lilina were my first two five-stars, and another Lyn was my third. They were exactly whom I wanted at the time, so I was immensely happy. Never had the thought of a possible reroll even showed up in vicinity of my mind.

Hinoka is a myth, a legend, a mystery of the emblem. So is Minerva, for that matter. They just don’t exist. I refuse to believe they exist anymore, because they don’t.
But Selena is great, how is your taste bad. I love the designs for the mercenary class in both Awakening and Fates, so that helps my appreciation of her.

I don't have Lucina as well, none of them, only Marth. In fact, today I built my first Falchion user which happens to be Chrom (gave him Earth Boost, Axebreaker and Hone Atk).

Other mythical heroes in my file are Minerva, Linde, Elise and Celica.

I don't have Lucina as well, none of them, only Marth. In fact, today I built my first Falchion user which happens to be Chrom (gave him Earth Boost, Axebreaker and Hone Atk).

Other mythical heroes in my file are Minerva, Linde, Elise and Celica.

In a bad alternate timeline, Katarina kills Marth. And his wife. And his other wife.

But how she cries and begs to spare her is she gets a bad level-up… Even Kaga-less Fire Emblem can be screwed up.
Katarina is the biggest cinnamon roll in all Archanea. No one deserves the abuse she had undergone.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

In a bad alternate timeline, Katarina kills Marth. And his wife. And his other wife.

But how she cries and begs to spare her is she gets a bad level-up… Even Kaga-less Fire Emblem can be screwed up.
Katarina is the biggest cinnamon roll in all Archanea. No one deserves the abuse she had undergone.

I really want Katarina, but when she was released I only got a Luke. I hate banners with shared units.

But I shouldn't complain, after all I have a bunch of units who seem to be extremely rare and my precious Eirika.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Turns out, without the terrible kindness that Kris shows her, Katarina becomes a killing machine that takes over the entirety of Archanea. But she, along with Clarisse, learns to stand against the evil influence of the assassins, and gets rid of the entire organization as well. Thus, she and Clarisse rule over Archanea together with strong yet kind leadership, turning it into the greatest, most peaceful, and most prosperous land ever, more so than it ever had been before, and could ever be in the future

Also Legion is there, because he's pretty cool.

Turns out, in the worst alternate timeline, double posts run rampant across everyone's posts. Not even Katarina could save us from this horrible fate.

Edited by DefaultBeep

A team full of little sisters!

I also prefer to construct my levelling teams according to the source game. Genealogy folks get Lachesis as healer for example, and Archaneans get Maria.

My only dancers are Ninian and Olivia though, and my general buffer is one-of-a-kind Eirika, so not much variance there.

Phina with a rapier or a ladyblade when?

Edited by Vaximillian

That moment when you have so many units to give skills, but you don't the feathers and the units you want for skill fodder don't show up frequently enough. Seriously, my Taitilu, H!Nowi, Cecilia, and Ursula all need LnD 3, plus H!Nowi and Ursula need there respective Blade tomes. Almost all the members of my horse emblem team need a horse buff. My Cherche and Hinoka need Death Blow, plus Hinoka needs a support, a special, hit and run, and maybe panic ploy. My regular Nowi needs Fury 3 and the last Hinata I used was way back when the NS banner had only two days left. And finally my Peri, Clive, Takumi and Arden need to be trained up.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

That moment when you have so many units to give skills, but you don't the feathers and the units you want for skill fodder don't show up frequently enough. Seriously, my Taitilu, H!Nowi, Cecilia, and Ursula all need LnD 3, plus H!Nowi and Ursula need there respective Blade tomes. Almost all the members of my horse emblem team need a horse buff. My Cherche and Hinoka need Death Blow, plus Hinoka needs a support, a special, hit and run, and maybe panic ploy. My regular Nowi needs Fury 3 and the last Hinata I used was way back when the NS banner had only two days left. And finally my Peri, Clive, Takumi and Arden need to be trained up.

I feel your pain here. I have literally like 10 units that want TA3 right now, and not a single Roy to use for it. And a bunch of units either need to be promoted with better natures to merge into my old 5-stars, or promoted for 5-star-exclusive weapons or skills like LaD3. I can especially relate to the Hinoka problem, because I have a +Atk/-Res one that I've had since February-March that I can't fully complete, thanks to not having any of the right units for fodder.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is Ninian younger or older than Nils? If younger, I think that's the player team too.

On the note of my promotion, I actually opted against promoting Zephiel. I guess the idea that I'm going for Amelia made me wary. Instead, I gave Effie her nature change, Galeforce and a merge, as well as Ward Armour. I think that'll bump her Arena Assault contribution up a bit.

Next 40K are probably going to the two Faes I've pulled, giving my mega-Fae some more stats.

17 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Is Ninian younger or older than Nils? If younger, I think that's the player team too.

I guess the idea that I'm going for Amelia made me wary.

Ninian is older.

Does Katarina refer to Clarisse as a younger or an elder sister? I seriously have to replay New Mystery regardless.

But Zephiel is wary too. A wary fighter, to be even more exact!

Edited by Vaximillian

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ninian is older.

Does Katarina refer to Clarisse as a younger or an elder sister? I seriously have to replay New Mystery regardless.

But Zephiel is wary too. A wary fighter, to be even more exact!

Katarina is said to be older, but she acts/is treated like the younger sister. Although it's debatable whether they even know how old they really are, considering their circumstances.

Don't tell anyone, but I've never actually used Katarina in any of my New Mystery playthroughs. I'm a sham.

Edited by DefaultBeep

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Katarina is said to be older, but she acts/is treated like the younger sister. Although it's debatable whether they even know how old they really are, considering their circumstances.

Don't tell anyone, but I've never actually used Katarina in any of my New Mystery playthroughs. I'm a sham.

Child soldiers and the degree of them becoming bonkers is a theme that’s explored relatively well in the series, with Rolf in Blueberry Saga, the assassins in New Mystery, and now Faye in SoV. (I still insist she is more complex than a satellite to Alm) Bunch of kids trained to kill and killing people can’t grow up to be stable.

On my previous playthrough (which also was my first one) I did recruit her but didn’t use her because I already was too invested in Linde by that time. My next playthrough though…

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Child soldiers and the degree of them becoming bonkers is a theme that’s explored relatively well in the series, with Rolf in Blueberry Saga, the assassins in New Mystery, and now Faye in SoV. (I still insist she is more complex than a satellite to Alm) Bunch of kids trained to kill and killing people can’t grow up to be stable.

On my previous playthrough (which also was my first one) I did recruit her but didn’t use her because I already was too invested in Linde by that time. My next playthrough though…

Agreed, that's one theme that FE does pretty well most of the time, and is part of why I enjoy that subplot and its related characters in New Mystery. I'll have to look more into Faye's dialogue sometime, but I will say one thing in her defense: I really like that she can be recruited by Celica instead, and I like how she reacts to it. If I ever replay SoV again, I plan to have Faye go with Celica every time, if just for that reason alone.

Oh, I've recruited her every time (3 or 4 times total, if I remember right). I wouldn't dare leave her to her fate otherwise. I just have the same problem of using Linde and/or Merric instead, which makes using Katarina less desirable. I think I decided that next playthrough though, I'll be using both her and Cecil, because I still plan to unlock all of the conversations someday.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

If I don't get Amelia, he probably deserves it. But I'm kinda thinking Fae first.

My Fae is a five-star already, and Atk/Def to boot. She’s already got TA and is just waiting for Lightning Breath+.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, I've recruited her every time (3 or 4 times total, if I remember right). I wouldn't dare leave her to her fate otherwise. I just have the same problem of using Linde and/or Merric instead, which makes using Katarina less desirable. I think I decided that next playthrough though, I'll be using both her and Cecil, because I still plan to unlock all of the conversations someday.

Yes, I’m going to use Cecil too, and possibly give Kris her headband. Because why not.
Linde just joins too soon in New Mystery. I couldn’t make myself bench her, even for Katarina.

Maybe Katarina’s done with killing.