Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

@Vaximillian Titania takes a Hector sacrifice to really shine, but she can even bait Reinhardt and then kill him the next round.  I did that for months before giving her DC.  Cav teams often struggle with low Res, so Titania is a great choice for Mage baiting.  She can struggle with Red mages, but they are the least common one in Arena, at least in my experience.

We only have 4 Green Cavs, but they all fit different niches, so it's not really that one of them is best, other than Gunter being inferior to Frederick.  I'd say Cecilia is probably the one with the highest potential due to Blade tome, but she's a bit slow compared to Ursula or Olwen, and with all the new magic/blade counters floating around now, you don't want to just stack your team with Blade Horses anymore.

This makes me even more sad that Kieran wasn't included with Oscar :(

Who else would be good for green Cavs? FE4 Lex? 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

No love for Titania?

Titania really needs Distant Counter, unlike Frederick and Gunter, who can fill a different role that doesn't require Distant Counter (though they can totally run it as a bow counter if they want).

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Even without DC, Titania still takes 0 from Reinhardt anyway. Having that skill just makes baiting more convenient.

Most of my more recent matches that involved baiting Reinhardt with a unit that couldn't counterattack resulted in a dumb Reposition chain that put Reinhardt back out of reach.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lex and Duessel, I guess.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

This makes me even more sad that Kieran wasn't included with Oscar :(

Who else would be good for green Cavs? FE4 Lex? 

Lex

Duessel

Johan(or is it now Iuchar)

Brighton

Hix

Press F to pay respect to Brighton not having his signature Wrath

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most of my more recent matches that involved baiting Reinhardt with a unit that couldn't counterattack resulted in a dumb Reposition chain that put Reinhardt back out of reach.

Unexpected Repositions that put a unit in range of a dancer have almost cost me deathless streaks, so I concur.

Just git gud

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Lex

Duessel

Brighton

Hix

I edited Iuchar and Brighton in, but still forgot about Hicks. Thracia needs more presentation. And a remake.

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Lex

Duessel

Brighton

Hix

Press F to pay respect to Brighton not having his signature Wrath

Huh, so I guess Cecilia is the only green mage we'll have for a long while, unless they add special versions?

edit: unless they do a mage knight Arthur?

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Unexpected Repositions that put a unit in range of a dancer have almost cost me deathless streaks, so I concur.

Just git gud

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Uh. this is so annoying, especially in the boat map.

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Huh, so I guess Cecilia is the only green mage we'll have for a long while, unless they add special versions?.

I think IS is holding off on adding mage cavalry in general, with how infamous cavalry teams are with 3 Mov and +30 Atk from buffs. Newer mage cavs with more minmaxed stats and better skills than the ones we have now could bring about an actual meta shift Unlike Ayra

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Paladin Amelia is the only true Amelia.

We could have

Paladin Amelia: Same stats as Oscar, but with a sword and all of the trainee bonus dumped into Res.
Great Knight Amelia: -2 Atk and +2 Spd and all of the trainee bonus dumped into Spd.
Recruit Amelia: Brave Lucina's spread with all of the trainee bonus dumped into Res.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lady paladins above all.

I wouldn't mind having Isadora in this game, even if she's basically just going to have Eliwood's or Titania's stat distribution as a sword.

EDIT: Or, you know, Astrid.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon: And Hone Amelias too.

I wouldn’t mind Isadora either, even if she only gets a silver sword+.

Hmm, there steadily is at least one paladin lady per game (disregarding reclassing). 1/11 has Midia, 2/15 has Mathilda, 3/12 has Cecil, 4 has Ethlyn and Nanna, 5 has Nanna and Amalda, 7 has Isadora, 8 has potentially Amelia, 9 has Titania and Astrid, 10 has Titania, Astrid, and Fiona, 13 has Sully, and 14 has Peri and Sophie.

Binding Blade is the only main series game without a potential lady paladin.

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Paladin Amelia is the only true Amelia. Lady paladins above all.

I agree. General never suited her. GK works because Duessel, but she looks very good as a Cavalier a Paladin makes her fittingly the rival of Franz- the two are nice together.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind having Isadora in this game, even if she's basically just going to have Eliwood's or Titania's stat distribution as a sword.

EDIT: Or, you know, Astrid.

Don't forget Midia and Selphina and Sue and Fiona.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Paladin Amelia: Same stats as Oscar, but with a sword and all of the trainee bonus dumped into Res.
Great Knight Amelia: -2 Atk and +2 Spd and all of the trainee bonus dumped into Spd.
Recruit Amelia: Brave Lucina's spread with all of the trainee bonus dumped into Res.

Lets not do reclass variants for now. But I'd be up for Kinshi Takumi.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Sue is not a paladin, and neither is Selphina.

Fair enough, but they do have ponies. Plus ID mentioned Astrid, who'd be getting a Bow whenever they come in. And what's the difference to Heroes whether you're a Nomad Trooper, Arch Knight or a Bow Paladin?

That new FE Warriors update that will add characters in their undergarments makes me wonder if they could do underwear variants for this game. The problem is what excuse could they concoct for adding them? There isn't a holiday associated with such. 

Or they could just revisit my Sports Banners idea, that'd be close enough for me. There is a lot of potential money making that could come out of that.

Well, there is National Underwear Day in the US (August 5th, it was the only thing I found when I googled underwear-holidays), but I don't think they'll do a banner for that.

Still, that Sports banner sounds like something they might do around the Olympics, maybe. And I'd be interested in seeing that.

1 hour ago, Noir said:

So, new trailer tomorrow? Or gonna skip it since the Gauntlet is still running?

Could be, but who really knows.

But this whole BHB Rebout this getting old and just shows the drought we have been in the past few weeks. I have felt really bored. I think there needs to be SOMETHING added soon to make the game feel fresh again. Maybe its time for another Feh Broadcast....

4 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Could be, but who really knows.

But this whole BHB Rebout this getting old and just shows the drought we have been in the past few weeks. I have felt really bored. I think there needs to be SOMETHING added soon to make the game feel fresh again. Maybe its time for another Feh Broadcast....

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that IS is choosing to re-run BHBs just to put off re-running Xander and Camus for even longer.

As for the banner trailer, the one for World of Holy War was put up on October 13th, at which point the dragon gauntlet was still going so an ongoing VG should have no bearing on whether or not we get a trailer tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that IS is choosing to re-run BHBs just to put off re-running Xander and Camus for even longer.

As for the banner trailer, the one for World of Holy War was put up on October 13th, at which point the dragon gauntlet was still going so an ongoing VG should have no bearing on whether or not we get a trailer tomorrow.

I doesn't help that there are people who joined way after the Xander GHB and the Camus GHB. I was one of the people who joined before the Xander GHB, but before the Camus GHB.

Also, what game would be represented in the next banner? Gen 2 FE4, FE5, or FE10 seem to make sense.

I do agree this game is pretty dull right now. I'm even only half taking part in the gauntlet...it's not like I particularly care who's hair is the best. I can't even really be bothered getting all the flags, this arena season is toxic with all the armours on top of the horses. Really hoping this doesn't drag on for another week.

The extra few orbs from the bhb will be nice for the upcoming banner, I guess..?