Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Feh would then remark about how because of this, Camus and Xander have been training together rigorously to become Brave Heroes. Cue three person-banner with them and Narcian, as well as a free summon for one of them.

Brave Xander:

Spoiler

Stats: 49 HP/41 Atk/13 Spd/40 Def/16 Res

Weapon: Divine Seigfried. Might: 16. Grants Def+3. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Special: Dark Ignis. Cooldown: 3. Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Def. (Skill cannot be inherited).

A skill: Distanter Def 3. If unit is attacked by foe using bow, daggers, magic, or staff, unit receives Def/Res+12 during combat.

B skill: Wary Horse. Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes.

C skill: Atk Net 3. At start of turn, all foes with Def 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-5 until the end of foe's next action.

Brave Camus:

Spoiler

Stats: 43 HP/34 Atk/34 Spd/36 Def/13 Res

Weapon: Divine Gradivus. Might: 16. Grants Atk+3. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Special: Loyal Luna. Cooldown: 2. Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

A skill: Swiftest Eagle 2. If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+6 during battle.

B skill: Advantage. Unit counterattacks first when attacked. If unit initiates combat, follow-up attacks occur immediately after unit's attack. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

C skill: Cavalry Lover. Grants cavalry allies withing two spaces Spd/Atk/Def/Res+6.

Brave Narcian:

Spoiler

Stats: 37 HP/34 Atk/37 Spd/34 Def/21 Res

Weapon: Divine Emerald Axe. Might: 16. Grants Spd+3. Gives Atk+30% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk+20% if disadvantage. Negates foe's Cancel Affinity.

Special: Revengeance. Cooldown: 2. Grants +50% to Atk. For every Narcian: Wyvern General in player's barracks, grants +10 to damage.

A skill: Fast and Fury 3. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3.

B skill: Weaponbreaker. If unit's HP > 0% in combat, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

C skill: Demonic Blow 3. If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 20 damage after combat.

I hope these turned out well balanced, I tried my best to avoid adding power creep...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

59 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Feh would then remark about how because of this, Camus and Xander have been training together rigorously to become Brave Heroes. Cue three person-banner with them and Narcian, as well as a free summon for one of them.

Brave Xander:

Spoiler

Weapon: Divine Seigfried. Might: 16. Grants Def+3. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Special: Dark Ignis. Cooldown: 3. Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Def. (Skill cannot be inherited).

A skill: Distanter Def 3. If unit is attacked by foe using bow, daggers, magic, or staff, unit receives Def/Res+12 during combat.

B skill: Wary Horse. Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

C skill: Atk Net 3. At start of turn, all foes with Def 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-5 until the end of foe's next action.

Brave Camus:

Spoiler

Weapon: Divine Gradivus. Might: 16. Grants Atk+3. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Special: Loyal Luna. Cooldown: 2. Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

A skill: Swiftest Eagle 2. If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+6 during battle.

B skill: Advantage. Unit counterattacks first when attacked. If unit initiates combat, follow-up attacks occur immediately after unit's attack. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

C skill: Cavalry Lover. Grants cavalry allies withing two spaces Spd/Atk/Def/Res+6.

Brave Narcian:

Spoiler

Weapon: Divine Emerald Axe. Might: 16. Grants Spd+3. Gives Atk+30% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk+20% if disadvantage. Negates foe's Cancel Affinity.

Special: Draconic Vengeance. Cooldown: 2. Grants +50% to Atk. For every Narcian: Wyvern General in player's barracks, grants +10 to damage.

B skill: Weaponbreaker. If unit's HP > 0% in combat, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

C skill: Demonic Blow 3. If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 20 damage after combat.

I hope these turned out well balanced, I tried my best to avoid adding power creep...

Edited by DefaultBeep

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Brave Xander:

Reveal hidden contents

B skill: Wary Horse. Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Brave Camus:

Reveal hidden contents

Brave Narcian:

Reveal hidden contents

Special: Draconic Vengeance. Cooldown: 2. Grants +50% to Atk. For every Narcian: Wyvern General in player's barracks, grants +10 to damage.

DISGUSTING

I think they'll cover the rest of november and december. New TT, new event and log in bonus.

They should add Percival, Douglas and Pent to have Etruria's best heroes.

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Brave Xander:

Reveal hidden contents

Brave Camus:

Reveal hidden contents

Brave Narcian:

Reveal hidden contents

DISGUSTING

I think they'll cover the rest of november and december. New TT, new event and log in bonus.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

DISGUSTING

triggered

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

DISGUSTING

Yeah, the fact that it's right in the middle of November, plus it being so long, makes me think they'll give at least some information on what's going on in December.

I'd be down for that. Percival and Cecilia would be Supported immediately, because they proved to be a very helpful duo in my first FE6 playthrough. I'm still hopeful for FE5 characters and TT, personally. Leif, Mareeta, and Altena would be my ideal banner (or perhaps my nightmare because getting all of them would be hopeless), though it'll probably be Leif, Nanna, and Finn or another random character.

17 hours ago, Kaden said:

Finally got around to responding to this. It's not because of +3 attack, but +3 attack and +10 damage when triggering a(n offensive) special. +3 attack or + whatever stat(s) aren't anything special nor is +10 damage when triggering a special even though it would suck for anyone using a Wo Dao, especially those not in the game with a Wo Dao(-like weapon) like Karla, Marisa, and Mia, but legendary Killer weapons exist and Killer weapons have to deal with Slaying weapons. On other weapon types where I don't know what the equivalent to a Wo Dao would be, it might not matter since if there isn't a weapon with a Wo Dao effect, then whoever gets it will just have something special like Sonya.

Hide contents

I already said in my previous post about other weapons with two or more effects and how with the ones with fixed stat boosts, none of them stack active offensive or defensive effects. Cursed Lance is the only exception, but it gets checked by having -4 HP per round of combat. You're not seeing weapons having things like: "Grants Def+3. Grants Def+4 during combat when this unit is attacked", the let's make Gurgurant absurd thing I posted a while about where it had +3 attack and Death Blow 2, or if Divine Tyrfing didn't differentiate from who attacks Sigurd and just reduces any first hit by 50%.

Any unit with ~35/35 neutral offenses is a good offensive unit. Going over ~71 total neutral offenses is better and of which I'm against regardless of it the developers do it. Now, add a 16 Mt weapon that grants +3 attack and +10 damage when a special is triggered. That is power creep because every sword infantry, especially ones without legendary weapons, with 35/35 offenses are at an offensive disadvantage when not using using a Brave Sword. The only one who would be able to escape this would probably only be Ayra because Regnal Astra and 163 BST are things and Ryoma because of Raijinto. If Ryoma's Raijinto didn't have Distant Counter and if Ayra didn't have Regnal Astra and 163 BST, then Ryoma would be in the same spot as Hana, Lucina, masked Marth, Ogma, and any future ~35/35 offenses sword infantry and Ayra would be in a weird spot she'd be able to activate specials more frequently, but Edward would hit much harder, especially when he activates a special.

Caladbolg makes sense in having +3 attack because it is a stronger and personal version of Steel Blade for Edward and his Cipher card with it as a skill does boost his attack. +10 damage when triggering a special doesn't make sense. Killer weapons only lower special cooldown and Wo Dao (and Dark Excalibur) has its own effect just to differentiate from it instead of having it be a stronger Killing Edge which ironically happened with Slaying Edge being introduced. +8 Luck is just weird to translate since Nidhogg's +5 Luck became -owl tome effect in Heroes and luck itself governs with hit rate, evasion, enemy critical rate, and activation rate for certain skills. Hit rate and evasion doesn't exist in Heroes, enemy critical rate could be substituted with Guard, and activation rate of skills could just be either -1 special cooldown or Heavy or Swift Blade (Ayra's Blade's effect).

Caldbolg being a carbon copy of Blazing Durandal wouldn't be that bad. It's going to happen eventually where unrelated weapons share the exact same effects excluding Close/Distant Counter weapons since it seems those skills alone are that good where nobody should have an additional effect. Alternatively, +3 attack and Swift Blade could work too even though Edward might be slower than Ayra in the long run because she gets +3 speed from her sword while Edward would only have his base speed, A-skills, and buffs. +3 attack and -1 special cooldown would be fine -- blame it on the developers for not giving Eldigan, Michalis, and Minerva different effects on their weapons while BH Ike and Valter have additional effects on theirs. Or it could have +3 attack and Guard 2/3. Guard is a good skill, but it competes for a B-slot where many good skills fight for a spot. The only issue is that it would likely only last one round of combat since Edward's not exactly the bulkiest person, but that round of combat could mean everything.

Ask yourself this: does Edward really need Caladbolg to have more than two effects for it to be good and/or for him to be a good unit? That question applies to any character really. Legendary weapons will be imbalanced compared to regular weapons. One legendary weapon might just be a better version for one reason or another. What grounds things are the characters and how the weapons work with them.

Edit: Also, Saber's literally sword infantry Minerva. There's nothing wrong with him and given his default skills, he's geared more towards defense, but you could dump Fury or L&D3 on him to make him similar to Minerva.

I don't have Minerva so I can't speak for Saber, but she's got flight and being green going for her even still. Saber's an interesting unit to play around with, but not one that should be locked to *5.

As far as Attack stacking goes I don't really think the +10 from the special damage with the Attack +3 counted, by that logic Blazing Durandal is doing the same thing as both of it's boost are directly related to the user's attack stat and ultimately accelerate damage output. Ultimately though it's bonkers with Wrath and on a unit with 35/36 or even 35/35 offenses he may not be creeping everyone but he's creeping most. Not saying it couldn't happen because it could, but I understand your concerns.

That being said I don't see how a Wo Dao and Attack+3 effect is overkill but a Slaying Edge and Attack +3 effect is fine. In fact I considered the Killer effect first but now we have to factor in that Eddie can run Draconic Aura very well due to his ridiculous Attack and now he can run it like Moonbow. With that +Wrath he's still killing just as many units as we was before (without actually doing the math). Guard on the other hand is fairly unremarkable as a second skill and could be similar to luck. It's mostly useless for a unit like Edward though since characters won't typically need their specials to kill a squishy unit like him as you said and it wouldn't save him from the worst of his counters (Rein/Brave Archers). Axebreaker makes sense for him but it's ultimately useless since he'll likely be able to ORKO any axe unit to begin with. For units like him you need to have the right combination of skills to make them worth it, which is what I was trying to do. But...

In Bold: Effectively, no he doesn't. He could have 30/30 offenses and could still be used if given the specific skills. I was merely following the pattern set by the last few batches of units which unfortunately is indeed power creep. Any stat boost plus a skill effectively power creeps every unit of that type on principle alone and moreso specific units if their weapon happens to carry the second effect as their primary.

It's going to annoy me if after this discussion a Dawn Brigade banner comes along and it's Micaiah/Sothe/Nolan.

40 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

DISGUSTING

Nah, we'll finally get Lucina on a horse or a horse with wings. 

1 minute ago, DLNarshen said:

Dammit I merged all of mine :((((

Oh don't worry, they count the merges as individual copies. In fact, for anyone dedicated enough to make him +10, it grants +200 damage when he triggers his special.

Since they messed up on the description, they'll have to fix it in a patch, and give everyone 10 orbs as compensation. You're welcome.

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Brave Xander:

Hide contents

B skill: Wary Horse. Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes.

Brave Camus:

Hide contents

Brave Narcian:

Hide contents

Special: Revengeance. Cooldown: 2. Grants +50% to Atk. For every Narcian: Wyvern General in player's barracks, grants +10 to damage.

Don't worry, Brave Xander still dies to Reinhardt, so he's not Power Creep.

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

FEH stream will announce that Camilla's Warriors Map will be forever and will grant double SP for units in the map, quad on weekends and x8 SP for the Royal Siblings :smug:

I love all of this. But I think everyone would explode with excitement if Camilla's map returned for just one weekend or two weekends. I miss it so much. ;A; 

I'm just over here praying that we get a new character trailer tonight because I'm in denial that I'll have to wait all the way until Wednesday to get it. Granted, even if we did get new characters on Monday, I'd probably be pretty cautious about pulling...especially with the Feh Channel on Wednesday. For all we know, they could be like, "You like these shiny new characters? Here's a surprise banner with more! Oh! And Hero Fest part 3!" 

Welp, going to get no 5 stars from the voting gauntlet banner for the short hair girls. I currently have a 4.50 focus rate and can't spend anymore orbs. Rip me.

I probably should've continued to hoard orbs instead of getting tempted.

Also we need those warrior maps to return cause I love to get some easy SP.

Edited by Falcom

27 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

No pls... Hero fest 3 no... I don't want Hector now T.T i have only 2 orbs AAAAAAAAHHHH DAMNNNNN YOU RYOMAAAA T.T.

I feel u

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Welp, going to get no 5 stars from the voting gauntlet banner for the short hair girls. I currently have a 4.50 focus rate and can't spend anymore orbs. Rip me.

I probably should've continued to hoard orbs instead of getting tempted.

Also we need those warrior maps to return cause I love to get some easy SP.

That's terrible. I have 3.5 (almost 3.75) on halloween banner but I'm waitinf for new announcements and new banners. The 8 orbs I currently have are being treasured.

I got a great idea for the next gauntlet when December rolls in: Red vs Green! This could extend to hair color and attire, not just the cavaliers famous for such colors.

19 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Wow. I just realised this, checked the stats and you're right. I mean Slaying Edge is a bit weaker because it's not a prf but wow, this makes me want to build Saber out of curiosity now., although he's +Res/-HP so it's not the most optimal but not exactly the worst either.

Yeah, it's a funny thing since Minerva and Saber have nothing in common other than having red hair. Maybe Saber is Minerva's very hot, estranged uncle or something. :p

Minerva and Saber are currently the only units who share the same stats, but have no relation to each other or aren't counterparts or alternate versions of each other. So, not like how PA Inigo has a similar stat spread to his mother, well, regular Olivia since PA Olivia has leans towards magical defense, or how the Robins share stats or how you could consider regular Xander and summer Xander as cavalry and infantry versions of Xander. Other characters share similar stat spreads, but you could consider it as being an archetype thing like how all the myrmidons for the most part are fast and with average-ish attack.

Anyway, between the two, I feel like Minerva leans towards offense while Saber leans towards defense. That doesn't mean Minerva can't do defense and Saber can't do offense. Minerva's default L&D3 and Hauteclere and access flier buffs means she will naturally hit harder than Saber while also being able to have higher raw defenses than him through flier buffs. Saber's advantage is funny enough, that he's not a flier. It wouldn't make sense if he couldn't use Shield Pulse, the skill he introduced to Heroes, but because of his default Slaying Edge and Shield Pulse, Saber can abuse Escutcheon and Pavise. With Slaying Edge, Saber just needs to hit someone at the start of a battle to charge Escutcheon which will reduce melee damage he takes by 30% and Shield Pulse further reduces that by 5 damage less. If he fought someone who countered back which he should so this can work, then on his next turn, Escutcheon would be fully charged because of Shield Pulse.

The best part is as JSND said, Saber, like Minerva, is a good user of L&D. Fury would increase his bulk in general, but you could have Saber run Slaying Edge, Escutcheon, L&D3, and Shield Pulse 3 just for giggles. Brave Sword is also an option since it would him charge Escutcheon when he attacks, but you'd probably want a +Atk Saber to run that and if you want to abuse this kind of build, it might be better if someone else runs it instead which gets complicated since Saber has rare skills and you'd be giving up a Saber for Shield Pulse which is pretty niche as far as I know when you could have gotten Slaying Edge+ from him.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I don't have Minerva so I can't speak for Saber, but she's got flight and being green going for her even still. Saber's an interesting unit to play around with, but not one that should be locked to *5.

People have said this before where Saber is probably 5*-locked because of the weapon and skills he came with: Slaying Edge, Aegis, HP Spd 2, and Shield Pulse. Of those skills, only Aegis is old meaning he introduced 3 new skills. Compare this to Leon and Mathilda who only brought in at most, 2 new skills; Leon only introduced Slaying Bow while Mathilda introduced Ridersbane and Cancel Affinity. Gray on the other hand is a villager unit and he while he only introduced 2 new skills: Zanbato and Sword Valor, he did make Wind Boost a regularly available skill since the only other unit with Wind Boost is bride Charlotte.

That being said, yes, Saber isn't anything special even if his default kit is pretty simple to work with and having Minerva's stats makes him pretty flexible.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

That being said I don't see how a Wo Dao and Attack+3 effect is overkill but a Slaying Edge and Attack +3 effect is fine. In fact I considered the Killer effect first but now we have to factor in that Eddie can run Draconic Aura very well due to his ridiculous Attack and now he can run it like Moonbow. With that +Wrath he's still killing just as many units as we was before (without actually doing the math). Guard on the other hand is fairly unremarkable as a second skill and could be similar to luck. It's mostly useless for a unit like Edward though since characters won't typically need their specials to kill a squishy unit like him as you said and it wouldn't save him from the worst of his counters (Rein/Brave Archers). Axebreaker makes sense for him but it's ultimately useless since he'll likely be able to ORKO any axe unit to begin with. For units like him you need to have the right combination of skills to make them worth it, which is what I was trying to do. But...

So, for the other effects on Caladbolg, I was wondering how to translate +8 Luck into an effect and I have no idea how they would translate it, so I listed a bunch of things that could work.

And yes, +3 attack and -1 special cooldown is good if Valter's Cursed Lance is any indication.

Speaking of Valter, I saw this build recently: Darting Blow/Fury, Vantage, and Ignis. The idea is that so long as he can double someone who counters back or even doubles him while he only hits once and Valter drops to 31 HP, then he'll have a Vantage-ready Ignis to explode whoever.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

In Bold: Effectively, no he doesn't. He could have 30/30 offenses and could still be used if given the specific skills. I was merely following the pattern set by the last few batches of units which unfortunately is indeed power creep. Any stat boost plus a skill effectively power creeps every unit of that type on principle alone and moreso specific units if their weapon happens to carry the second effect as their primary.

Regarding following the pattern of power creeping units, I think it's a bad idea. It just leaves us wanting where we feel like anyone could should us as being absolutely bonkers and when they don't, we become disappointed. This goes especially for our favorites.

20 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I feel u

That's terrible. I have 3.5 (almost 3.75) on halloween banner but I'm waitinf for new announcements and new banners. The 8 orbs I currently have are being treasured.

Yeah I immediately would've spent those 8 orbs in desperation. You good sir have good patience.

Also fortress defense Azama is either my most genius idea or my most silliest idea.

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeah I immediately would've spent those 8 orbs in desperation. You good sir have good patience.

Also fortress defense Azama is either my most genius idea or my most silliest idea.

That's a pretty good idea. In fact, somebody brought up Fortress Res Azama as mixed tank. It's always good to play with old units and do niche/silly sets because as the game progresses, new heroes will render others as obsolete, and what we might find "I need to pull X unit right now" might be "he sux" in 2-3 months. I have to hold myself and don't pull anymore until something new comes up :P:

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

That's a pretty good idea. In fact, somebody brought up Fortress Res Azama as mixed tank. It's always good to play with old units and do niche/silly sets because as the game progresses, new heroes will render others as obsolete, and what we might find "I need to pull X unit right now" might be "he sux" in 2-3 months. I have to hold myself and don't pull anymore until something new comes up :P:

15 minutes ago, Falcom said:

+Spd Fortress Res Azama is where it's at. Pretty bulky actually.

But alas, Innes is pretty rare. Let's hope they add a 4* unit that has Fortress Res.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

But alas, Innes is pretty rare. Let's hope they add a 4* unit that has Fortress Res.

As soon as I get that Innes or that four-star Fortress Res unit, I’m giving it to Faye. It’s not Alm, but it’s the least I can do for her.
Overkiller bow from one of my −Atk Leons will come next. Then, Glacies from the Forrest of my Firs.

Edited by Vaximillian

Woo! Nice going Team Shanna, that was a fun finish.

Special thanks to @Rafiel's Aria‘s Merric, @Ice Dragon‘s Elincia, and some random guy named Paper’s (unless it’s actually someone on this board, in which case...sorry, I didn’t know =P) Olivia. Those three put in some serious work.

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread lol...not really sure how I got here. I blame mobile! At least it was general and not...like...Arena.

Edited by LordFrigid