• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

"Look, ma! Look at my shiny new Slaying Edge!"

"Eldigan, that's weaker than the Mysseltainn."

"But it's shiny!"

Maybe he already passed the Mystletainn to Ares.

So I upgraded my +Spd/-Def Cordelia, and damn Galeforce is fun. I did the final Sacred Coin map and almost won the Hard version in one go- I was surprised my Cordelia could live a Fury Julia with 1 health. Too bad I got greedy with experience gain for Priscilla (I wanted to Rehabilitate Cordelia), but forgot moving back Cordelia meant Julia could move one more space and still reach her.

Sometimes Danger Areas can be a lie ><

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Distant Def. Atk+ or Spd+. Deflect Magic. Panic Ploy.

Lots of good choices, but I recommend Deflect Magic because Reinhardt

Yep i was thinking on Deflect Magic 'cause Distant def, atk+ and spd+ are already upgraded...

Damn you Reindhardt :angry::angry:

Edited by Nosmur

The arena season is ending tomorrow, but no new banner announced. I asked this some days ago, but will the Halloween units be bonus units again? Perhaps I am being to impatient, but this is kinda weird. Did this already happen before? Having 3 arena seasons with the same bonus units?

57 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Seals should be the same as skills, that is, it's their SP costs that matter, so you can just look up their regular skill versions.

Unfortunately, 'unique' seals like QP, Hardy Bearing, etc. don't have base skills, so you'd have to either test their values yourself, find someone who already did and posted the results, or just guess. (I am very much not a tester person, I'm very much a 'hey, that data looks about the same as my experiences, so I'll use that until I find something wrong with it' kind of person, so I'm afraid I don't have any hard data I can point to for you.)

IIRC, QP should be a around half a merge of points (actually more like .75, but whatever), that is, about a 150 pt point like drag back or lunge, from an old reddit post on arena score testing.

And, if I had to guess, Deflect seals are 240 SP skills. Why? Because they cost 50 sacred coins to make, and spurs cost 30 coins and are 200 point skills. They could also be 300 pt skills, but all the 300 skill point skills have been single level skills, whereas 240 pt skills are often the third tier of a 'special' skill like renewal or swift sparrow.

Edit: Mind, I wouldn't worry too much about arena scoring, assuming you're always higher than T17. Why? Because arena score is something that costs feathers (for merges and skill upgrades) to obtain, and what do you get out of it? Feathers.

You don't even get more feathers out of it than you spend---T20 is only 1k/week more than T19, and the score requirement grows far, far, faster than .05 points/week (which is how much score a single merge, divided by 20, would get you).

AA is a different beast, and high score matters there, but the advantage of AA is that you can cheese the score requirement with total crap units you'll never use anywhere else, but offer tons of score (like armors with Prf and unique skills, *cough* Hector *cough,* trainee dragons, trainee armors, trainee infantry with Prfs (B!Ike, Ayra), etc. etc.) to inflate your score.

Thanks for the answer! I thought someone already tested this out perhaps, but like you wrote, I don't worry too much about arena scoring. If I start a project to stay in tier 20 (I'm in 19/20 limbus), it would be good to have the best seals ready though. Also I don't need any of the seals to be level 3, so I could start with those that help me in arena. 

Since my current projects are arrived to a point where I could upgrade just to level 3 of all skills or the "+" version of the weapon, I could as well start to merge a unit to stay in tier 20. My best candidate would be Cordelia (currently +1), but I have only two copies (one 5* and one 4*) left and I wanted to use one for Galeforce on someone. Cherche is already 4* +8, but she doesn't get me better scores than BH!Ike or Hector. 

Funny, I did exactly what you wrote in AA. I made my pity breaker Ephraim +2, gave him expensive skills and he gets me constantly in top 5k of AA with only one other +1 unit in the team. 

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Water Mage Off the top of my head, the very first season and the season that had the bonus units from World of Radiance both had arena seasons that lasted three weeks.

I forgot about the World of Radiance one. So yeah, I guess the Halloween one will last 3 weeks as well. They probably want to reveal the new banner on the FEH channel.

New seal quests helped me max Fortify Def Seal! Now Ryoma can buff Spd/Def on Odin on the go!

I really hope we get a new banner tomorrow. I don't like the season units these weeks :(, however knight defense team helped me achieve like 6 defense wins with THWOMP gwendy and CC BBrker Jakob. I couldn't get deathless streak with Thwomp team so I guess I'll just use my mage team with Nohrzura.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I always thought that rating was just BST. 

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

It is. (Hence why it's pointless.)

Edit: Rating isn't even pre-skill BST, which is what Arena score is based on, it's post-skill BST, which is even shittier than just showing you BST, because things like brave weapons are undervalued, and fury and the like is hilariously over valued.

Like I said this is the previous Arena rating where everyone used Fury to boost their score. It is not the complete rating but it was a major component of it.

20 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

New seal quests helped me max Fortify Def Seal! Now Ryoma can buff Spd/Def on Odin on the go!

I really hope we get a new banner tomorrow. I don't like the season units these weeks :(, however knight defense team helped me achieve like 6 defense wins with THWOMP gwendy and CC BBrker Jakob. I couldn't get deathless streak with Thwomp team so I guess I'll just use my mage team with Nohrzura.

Well, we will most likely get the banner trailer tomorrow, if following how they realease the banner trailers. So I guess there is that. I will only really care for the banner if there is either a flier or a really good unit.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope we get a new banner trailer tomorrow too. I'm really interested to see who's on it since we have no idea this time. We had credible leaks the last couple times.

Given that we're getting a new FEH Channel in two days, I think it's a safe bet that that's when we'll get the new trailer. No reason for them to separate the two: if they were planning on having the new trailer tomorrow, that's when they'd have the FEH Channel.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Given that we're getting a new FEH Channel in two days, I think it's a safe bet that that's when we'll get the new trailer.

They don't show new character trailers in Feh Channels though. CYL wasn't even new characters, just previous ones in new skins. And that was a special thing anyway.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They don't show new character trailers in Feh Channels though. CYL wasn't even new characters, just previous ones in new skins. And that was a special thing anyway.

The last two FEH Channels had new hero trailers: Nohrian Summer and CYL. I don't see any reason to think they were only willing to do that because of the characters in them being reskins.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The last two FEH Channels had new hero trailers: Nohrian Summer and CYL. I don't see any reason to think they were only willing to do that because of the characters in them being reskins.

Pretty sure it's because CYL was special and they had to show Nohrian Summer in order to reveal the summer gauntlet. And they were still reskins. There has still never been a Feh Channel with all new characters.

I kinda hope the next banner doesn't start until after the broadcast... mostly because then it might actually last until my birthday. Depending on who's on the banner, I'll need as much birthday luck as I can get. Of course, they might just make the banner shorter so it still only lasts until the 28th, but I'm still hopeful they'll break the trend (for admittedly no reason) this time.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure it's because CYL was special and they had to show Nohrian Summer in order to reveal the summer gauntlet. And they were still reskins. There has still never been a Feh Channel with all new characters.

To be fair... we've also only had two of them so far. And both of them showed completely different kinds of banners. I think it's a bit early to decide on a definitive pattern. I wouldn't say that they're definitely going to show new characters, but it's far from impossible.

Edit: Two recent English ones, anyway. Not sure if there have been Japan-only ones before, and if so, I can't comment on what they contained.

Edited by DefaultBeep

If you read the notices they say "Maintenance will be done on November 15th" so... I think on Wednesday we'll have the new banner/heroes/chapter 14/IDK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :KnollRoll:

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also regarding Nohrian Summer, the stream that revealed it took place the day before the current banners at the time (Alm’s Army, Celica’s Army) we’re going to expire so there wasn’t much point to have that reveal separate from the stream.

Yeah, it's probably safe to say that the next new banners will be revealed on Tuesday for a Wednesday release. No point in revealing them earlier if you have the Feh Channel all setup for it.

The only thing weird about the Banner schedule that would make me think we might get a Banner to tomorrow is the Halloween Banner's duration.  It came out on October 30 and ends the night of November 27, exactly 4 weeks.  If the next banner will end at the same time as the Halloween banner, it will be less than 2 weeks long if it comes out later than tomorrow.  Someone with a better memory than me, did all of the previous holiday banners end at the same time as the normal banner that came after them?  Since launch all of our banners have been at least 2 weeks.  Usually two weeks and change, to keep the pattern of two banners per month.