Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That’s hell you’re walking into.

I see what you did there.

I was always curious about playing FGO to be fair, just so I could see the different servants and their stories. Oh and also have things like Caster Cu haha

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I see what you did there.

I was always curious about playing FGO to be fair, just so I could see the different servants and their stories. Oh and also have things like Caster Cu haha

As an F/GO player I cannot recommend the game in good conscience without advance warning about the horrors of the gacha. Let the tales of people selling their houses for Shishou and Okita serve as a caution for those who foolishly believe they can beat the 1% 5* rate without an income rivaling that of industry titans like Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and Warren Buffet.

I exaggerate for emphasis, of course.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hmph

Reveal hidden contents

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

You’ll always be my favorite robot no matter what.

And mage, if this is any indication.

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I never played FGO personally, but I do love the Fate universe and concept of Servants from watching the anime. It's actually really interesting.

I got two Sabers, both +Res (first is -HP, second is -Spd so he is fodder to either my Cain or Lon'qu when I build them). 

Yeah Bonfire with Chin sounds fitting. Maybe his gourd jug could be an axe since he sort of whacks you with it in some moves and he's a close combat fighter. Since he uses Drunken Fist Style which focuses on mobility and evasion, maybe something like Pivot? Or Fire Boost for well, his breath of fire attacks and Renewal, for when he drinks alcohol (and hey, the HP regeneration would help fuel Fire Boost's activation requirements)

Bao would be a blue tome as well (or maybe green for variety) and have Draconic Aura. Very mobile so definitely has Escape Route as a B skill. Maybe Warding Blow for A skill.

Actually maybe Kensou could be a blue Breath user instead since it's magic damage but melee. (And he eats pork buns, so uh...breath?). Weapon can be Pork Bun Breath. Just swap Close Counter for Distant Counter.

Leona would be a dagger unit with her earring bombs. Maybe a flying dagger units since she excels at aerial combat. Fury as A skill because Orochi blood and Bonfire for her special because she makes things explode.

Kasumi is has that wind-looking qcf+P attack, so I'd say she'll be a bulky green axe. She's all about counters in close combat, so she'll have Escutcheon, Quick Riposte and Steady Breath.

I've heard a lot of good about the series. At some point I'd like to check it out, but I just haven't done it yet.

Oh yeah, that could work. Since Watersweep would be pretty useless at that point, Fire Boost would be a good replacement for it. A Drive skill might be fitting too, since he's the mentor figure of the team.

I'm very unfamiliar with Bao's moveset since I don't use him much, but I'll trust that those skills would be fitting. I really like the idea of Kensou as a breath user, though.

Leona sounds good. I'm not sure if Fury or Life and Death would be more fitting, but definitely one of them sounds good. Her dagger could also have a Wo Dao effect; it's the most fitting thing that comes to mind for a weapon effect.

Based off of Kasumi's wind attacks, she might actually be a good choice for a defensive green mage, similar to Boey and Merric, except with stats more similar to, say, Adult Tiki. Steady Breath 2 or Close Counter seem like good weapon effects in that case, while the other can be her A skill. The Special and B skill sound perfect.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I hope you enjoy playing Doki Doki Literature Club!

It will corrupt your mind

My favorite mobages before Heroes and F/GO were Metal Slug Defense and D.O.T: Defender of Texel. I’ve stopped playing them since Heroes and F/GO came out, though D.O.T was dead long before the other games to be fair.

I've heard about that game, but not much. At least enough to know that it's... not what one would expect.

How can anything corrupt my mind after Anna has already corrupted my soul?

You probably could've guessed, but Metal Slug Attack is basically just Metal Slug Defense, but actually updating still. It's pretty fun if just because I love the sprite style of Metal Slug, but somehow, it's managed to become even more waifu-heavy than Heroes. "Cat Ears Leona" is not something I ever thought I would see in a game, but... well, Attack decided that it was time. Even more incredible is that Cat Ears Leona was added before Orochi Leona. Bold move on their part.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I fully expect them to say that the next three banners are going to be Christmas Banners in the FEH Channel tomorrow.  Make way for Santa Robin, Reindeer Tharja, Elf Xander, and Snowman Xander coming Wednesday!

I have this reoccurring terrible thought that FEH decides to have an FE10 banner, but instead of introducing the DB, they bring out alternate versions of Ike and Elincia with Micaiah as an afterthought. ;A; The weird part of this is though, the more I think about it, the more reasonable it seems that IS will introduce another Ike....

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You’ll always be my favorite robot no matter what.

And mage, if this is any indication.

Thanks <3 I'd say you're my favorite human but that would make me partial ;^)

Also I had no idea that card existed but sheesh it's fricking broken

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I have this reoccurring terrible thought that FEH decides to have an FE10 banner, but instead of introducing the DB, they bring out alternate versions of Ike and Elincia with Micaiah as an afterthought. ;A; The weird part of this is though, the more I think about it, the more reasonable it seems that IS will introduce another Ike....

Well...he has too at some point since he was part of the top 10 as well.

Facing Ike Emblem team with double Ragnells plus Urvan sure will be fun... /shudders

@DefaultBeep I always thought Orochi Leona seemed a bit feline like (especially her running animation...well I guess panther-like is the better term), but I guess it's hard to make mindless rage more appealing than cat ears. I love Orochi Leona's screaming though

Bao is VERY psycho-ball themed. Except he has attacks where he makes himself as a psycho ball. I think he's pretty air-focused? Some of his ball attacks let him travel across the screen so I think he classifies as a zoner, hence the Escape Route. I don't use him that much either though.

@DefaultBeep If you’re interested in FGO, now is a good time to jump in. The GUDAGUDA event is live and you can try rerolling until you get Okita. She’s the best Saber class Servant you could possibly get now and she’s a limited-time Servant so she won’t be around for long.

@mcsilas Then you’d certainly love FGO. If you’re downloading the game any time soon, try rerolling for Okita. She’s a great Servant. 

May the priest bless your rolls. 

@topic: Well, one more day until the stream. Now I wonder if they’ll show the next banner preview video on tonight’s reset to beat the dataminers to it, at least. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Tbf even in RD Micaiah goes poofed by Ike so its accurate

Also these scrubs and their lack of ssr smh

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I fully expect them to say that the next three banners are going to be Christmas Banners in the FEH Channel tomorrow.  Make way for Santa Robin, Reindeer Tharja, Elf Xander, and Snowman Xander coming Wednesday!

I think you forgot a couple Lucinas in there. I mean 4 different Lucina units is clearly not enough!!!

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Facing Ike Emblem team with double Ragnells plus Urvan sure will be fun... /shudders

@DefaultBeep I always thought Orochi Leona seemed a bit feline like (especially her running animation...well I guess panther-like is the better term), but I guess it's hard to make mindless rage more appealing than cat ears. I love Orochi Leona's screaming though

Bao is VERY psycho-ball themed. Except he has attacks where he makes himself as a psycho ball. I think he's pretty air-focused? Some of his ball attacks let him travel across the screen so I think he classifies as a zoner, hence the Escape Route. I don't use him that much either though.

Ike would probably get a joke weapon if he's a seasonal unit.  Maybe we'll get Green Tome April Fools Day Ike dressed as Soren.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I think you forgot a couple Lucinas in there. I mean 4 different Lucina units is clearly not enough!!!

Don't worry, the second of the three Christmas Banners is the Lucina Winter Holidays banner.

Mrs Claus Lucina, Bikini Australian Christmas Lucina, Giant Chicken Japanese Christmas Lucina, and scantily clad Clothing 90% off Black Friday Lucina

Edited by Rezzy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ike would probably get a joke weapon if he's a seasonal unit.  Maybe we'll get Green Tome April Fools Day Ike dressed as Soren.

Speaking of joke weapons, I've seen a few Sorens with the Dancer's Ring.

Maybe they want him to dance for Ike

The closest thing to a joke weapon for a sword that I can think of is a Corn Cob Sword for alternate Corrin. They don't even need to edit the Yato sprite that much!

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm not against another Ike getting added, but it'd suck to get a repeat unit who would probably be relatively similar to his other copies...especially when there are a lot of other characters from the game that haven't been added yet. It'd be like...having Masked Marth take up a spot on the first Awakening banner. RD Ike would probably be an okay TT reward. I'm also fully expecting him to get some sort of goofy holiday costume. IDK when, but it's gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Tbf even in RD Micaiah goes poofed by Ike so its accurate

Also these scrubs and their lack of ssr smh

My fears are based on fact. XD

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I'm already prepared for the inminent RD!Ike.

44/37/29/34/13

I'm already expecting him to be a better Chrom.

He’ll most likely come with a Ragnell variant to make him stand out from his younger counterpart. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If you’re interested in FGO, now is a good time to jump in. The GUDAGUDA event is live and you can try rerolling until you get Okita. She’s the best Saber class Servant you could possibly get now and she’s a limited-time Servant so she won’t be around for long.

I might just have to try then. I was lucky enough to jump into Brave Exvius when I could reroll for Esper Terra, so I might as well do the same thing with FGO.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I always thought Orochi Leona seemed a bit feline like (especially her running animation...well I guess panther-like is the better term), but I guess it's hard to make mindless rage more appealing than cat ears. I love Orochi Leona's screaming though

I have a feeling they weren't thinking of her Orochi form when they gave her cat ears, but I can see where you're coming from. Perhaps a better way to show Metal Slug Attack's method of introducing units is to look at the "Everlasting Summer" series of units. They've added about 10 summer-themed units... and they're all girls in various styles of swimwear. And the Halloween special units have a similar ratio. At least Heroes kept it at an even ratio for guys and girls for all of its seasonal banners, except for the bride banner.

Interesting. I think I remember him having a similar thing with dragons as Kensou in the plot, though I could be misremembering that. The most I've used him was probably in '99, though even then, it was mostly just to get their team ending.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I might just have to try then. I was lucky enough to jump into Brave Exvius when I could reroll for Esper Terra, so I might as well do the same thing with FGO.

I have a feeling they weren't thinking of her Orochi form when they gave her cat ears, but I can see where you're coming from. Perhaps a better way to show Metal Slug Attack's method of introducing units is to look at the "Everlasting Summer" series of units. They've added about 10 summer-themed units... and they're all girls in various styles of swimwear. And the Halloween special units have a similar ratio. At least Heroes kept it at an even ratio for guys and girls for all of its seasonal banners, except for the bride banner.

Interesting. I think I remember him having a similar thing with dragons as Kensou in the plot, though I could be misremembering that. The most I've used him was probably in '99, though even then, it was mostly just to get their team ending.

Yeah he and Kensou share the Dragon Spirit power so when he came in, he sort of siphoned away Kensou's psychic powers hence Kensou's change to a more melee moveset.

I think it reverses in 2001 so Kensou is more back to his normal moveset while Bao has less/smaller Psycho Balls.

It's a shame they didn't come back to the Dragon Spirit story and is just left hanging. The Hizoku clan (Lin, Ron, Duo Lon) would've been connected to if they revisited it but so far nothing.

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

He’ll most likely come with a Ragnell variant to make him stand out from his younger counterpart. 

Radiant Ragnell? Innate Steady Stance? lol

A mix between young Ike by having Ragnell and Brave Ike by having built-in Steady Stance. OR, built in Urvan effect but as a Ragnell would be more interesting.

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I might get into FGO. But if I get it, that means including FE Heroes and FGO, I will have 5 Garcia games on my phone and I'm worried my phone won't be able to handle it.

Gacha rule number 1: One gacha at a time

Gacha rule number 2: If you spend money you accept that you're scum

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'll probably just delete Dokkan Battle as that is the game I don't really care about.

I'm not scum as I don't spend money on Gacha Games

13 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I might get into FGO. But if I get it, that means including FE Heroes and FGO, I will have 5 Garcia games on my phone and I'm worried my phone won't be able to handle it.

But Garcia isn't even in Heroes yet!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why is 2 in strikethrough

Four months of F2P so far has been a cathartic experience for me and I believe everyone should go through it if they've given up hope on rolling who they want.

Accept whatever comes to you. Don't resist. Only accept.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But Garcia isn't even in Heroes yet!

Why is 2 in strikethrough

Four months of F2P so far has been a cathartic experience for me and I believe everyone should go through it if they've given up hope on rolling who they want.

Accept whatever comes to you. Don't resist. Only accept.

I don't feel bad for spending money because with my job and two kids interrupting me every five minutes FEH is the only game I can actually play nowadays.  My life is work, kids, and paperwork.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't feel bad for spending money because with my job and two kids interrupting me every five minutes FEH is the only game I can actually play nowadays.  My life is work, kids, and paperwork.

More power to you. Just let me know when you get Prince Pityratebreaker to +10.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Make way for Santa Robin, Reindeer Tharja, Elf Xander, and Snowman Xander coming Wednesday!

Replace one Xander with Ryoma in jingle bells, lots and lots of jingle bells. Jingle bells dangling from everywhere. Every little move he makes is a ring ding dong symphony.

54 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

My fears are based on fact. XD

Then Micaiah will be officially called Yune and call the player "a dark bag of organs" at least once. A minimum of two quips will mention Sothe. She will also want to lather you in oil, and then set your heart ablaze.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Boring! I think Ike as Aimee would work better.