• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@mcsilas @DefaultBeep Those aren't bad deals for the Psycho Soldiers. Rather than a meat bun tome though I think Kensou would just get his normal Chokyuudan as a tome and have something like a Meat Bun Renewal for 15 HP per turn instead of 10. As for KOF in general, most of the characters would be stuck as mages. Notable exceptions: Shion (XI) could be a lance unit, Malin ('03) could be a dagger unit (but I hate her...), Leona could be a sword or dagger, Billy could be a lance unit, Eiji (95,XI) could be a dagger unit. Then there are some others, Foxy, Elizabeth, etc.

None of these characters are that popular though. And ones like Kyo, Benimaru, etc would just be mages.

@MrSmokestack Before my iPhone broken I played F/GO. Had a pretty decent time with pulls too. Even pulled an Altera near the end. Sadly I didn't backup my data so my save is likely gone. Not like I had time for a time-sucker like that + Heroes though. It was a fun game and I didn't play it long enough to experience it's supposed flaws.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

Two parts to this: the first one is about hype. Hype kills everything because at a certain point, something will be raised to such a height that it's almost impossible to reach. Something is going to disappoint us no matter how trivial it is. It is absolutely okay to be excited about things and why shouldn't you be? A new game's coming out and it looks awesome to you? Get excited about it. Just don't get hyped about it and if you do, try to ground yourself or be aware you're hyped about something and that whenever it's released and you've experienced it, it probably won't be what you thought it was.

The second part I guess is like follow reasonable ideas rather than unreasonable ideas -- I can't think of a way to phrase this better at the moment. We've seen the developers create and release characters who are noticeably stronger than other characters whether it is in stats, weapons, or even skills. The problem with this is that it can make people want more characters who as strong or stronger as the recently introduced characters considered overpowered, power creep, etc. Doing so would be following the developers arguably poor decisions, poor character/game design, and comes at the expense of the other characters in the game and the players when they focus on their character they want to be strong or however they envision them. Ultimately, it kind of goes back to hype killing things where because of "unnecessarily" powerful characters being released, people expect and/or want (their) characters to also be as powerful and it's not going to happen. Maybe it comes close, but there might be some nitpicks and because that character is powerful, there will likely be people who are mad at them and it's not really fun to see people blaming and raging at your favorite character.

For Edward, nobody know what he's really going to be like, but anyone can infer what he would be like based on what he was like in Radiant Dawn. And speaking of Valter who was introduced with a Cursed Lance, a weapon that only appeared in a support conversation between Cormag and Duessel, the fact he was able to get a weapon like that from something so trivial could also let people feel like Edward could have Caladbolg, a weapon that only appeared in the overseas version of RD. What helps even more is that Caladbolg was referenced on Edward's Cipher card despite Caladbolg not being in the Japanese version of RD. Ditto for Lughnasadh and Tarvos possibly being Leonardo and Nolan's weapons, respectively, when they're introduced into Heroes. The developers have paid attention to the most minute and obscure details in FE, so anything's a possibility.

I agreed with pretty much everything here. I'll be optimistic then. A little hype is fine, just not going to get carried away. I'll say this though, it's good not to follow the bad habits of the developers even if it's hype and sets you up for potential disappointment, but the reality is still more broken units are going to be added. We just don't know who and we can't assume it's anyone's favorite. Either way I won't rule anything out. Thanks for talking me down though, brought me back to reality.

Also they say the FEH channel stream is on the 15th at 11:30 AM. I'm assuming that's not EST. So when would that be in my timezone?

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Never, just spend.

But Ishtar :(

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Also they say the FEH channel stream is on the 15th at 11:30 AM. I'm assuming that's not EST. So when would that be in my timezone?

Look at the notification on the bulletin board. Times are auto-converted for you there.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @DefaultBeep Those aren't bad deals for the Psycho Soldiers. Rather than a meat bun tome though I think Kensou would just get his normal Chokyuudan as a tome and have something like a Meat Bun Renewal for 15 HP per turn instead of 10. As for KOF in general, most of the characters would be stuck as mages. Notable exceptions: Shion (XI) could be a lance unit, Malin ('03) could be a dagger unit (but I hate her...), Leona could be a sword or dagger, Billy could be a lance unit, Eiji (95,XI) could be a dagger unit. Then there are some others, Foxy, Elizabeth, etc.

None of these characters are that popular though. And ones like Kyo, Benimaru, etc would just be mages.

@DefaultBeep

I think the grapplers wouldn't be tomes at least. Grapplers like Daimon, Brian, Tizoc and King of Dinosaurs would probably be axes...just because axes are usually associated with bulky or physical units.

The weapon users would be interesting though. Chang would definitely be an axe user because he swings that ball and chain around. Choi can either be a sword or dagger unit (maybe flying because of his air combat?) because of his hit and run style. Whip can be something ranged, maybe dagger (she also has a gun and bullets are close enough), and the debuffs could be similar to how painful whips are (lol)? Oswald can be a dagger unit with his playing cards. K9999/Nameless would be a lance unit because of the drill arm. Maybe Lucky Glauber can be a dagger with his basketballs? lol. Elizabeth would probably be blue tome actually because light magic is mostly associated with blue and it fits her XIII colour scheme.

Chizuru would probably be the closest to a staff user just because of the priestess thing in the story. Mature use scratching attacks with her nails, so probably sword but dagger might also fit. Vice would be an axe user though because it fits her personality and bone-crushing attacks.

Mai would either be a dagger unit because of her fans, or red tome because of the flames, and flying because of her air combat. Bandeiras would be a dagger as well because Brazilian ninja fanboy..maybe Andy is similar enough, too. Kula is an obvious blue tome ice user. Duck King would be some kind of refresher with the Dance Assist. Oh, maybe Athena can have the Sing assist, Red Tome Refresher!

As for bosses, Rugal (and by extension Adelheid) would be green tome because of wind-like Genocide Cutter kicks and Kaiser Waves. Geese would be some kind of tome, maybe blue and would have Close Counter and Quick Riposte because that guy counters anything. Krizalid would be Green since his kicks make cutting wind slices, although Axe would fit as well because axe kicks. Goenitz is easily a Green Wind Tome user- I think Orochi Yashiro is probably the only Orochi Heavenly King who's not clearly a tome user- I think Axe fits his Earth element grapples. Magaki is probably Blue Tome with his eye-blinding psychedelic fireballs...close enough to light magic I suppose.

Samurai Showdown and Last Blade characters would probably be easier to convert to Heroes though, although there'll be even more swords! haha

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Nosmur said:

I hate these Arvis seasons and these sh**** scores...

(Already did the run with my 40 4* Arvis instead of my Brave Lyn).

Arvis.jpg

I encourage you to promote Arvis asap, because Valflame and Ploy games are his forte. At 4☆ he isn't good enough.

So, even though I was disappointed by Takumi's loss in the gauntlet, I remembered how much I actually liked Shanna, so I decided to congratulate her by 5*'ring my Shanna :) She's slowly getting to level 40, along with the other 5*'s I had yet to level up (Ryoma, Sonia and Legion).

Next on the list are Sully and Stahl. I have 20k feathers but I want to 5* them together, so I'm waiting for 40 ^.^

I put S!Xander in my SP-farming-team to get some bonus badges. To make him more usable he got Fury 2, but it took me a while to understand why his after fight damage was zero sometimes. 

Edited by mampfoid

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I encourage you to promote Arvis asap, because Valflame and Ploy games are his forte. At 4☆ he isn't good enough.

@Nosmur Ehhhhhhhhhh

Arvis does not do much as a red mage, he is really only handy in TT or maybe even CC. You're better off promoting the Askr units as bonus unless you actually like Arvis or something. Arvis is here now and the Askrs are here 4eva eva~

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I put S!Xander in my SP-farming-team to get some bonus badges. To make him more usable he got Fury 2, but it took me a while to understand why his after fight damage was zero sometimes. 

Give Live for Honor and Carrot Lance to Effie :Kappa:

23 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Yeah but i have other priorities rn... I already have Tharja as a red mage and Arvis will be 5* for me soon or later.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

@Nosmur Ehhhhhhhhhh

Arvis does not do much as a red mage, he is really only handy in TT or maybe even CC. You're better off promoting the Askr units as bonus unless you actually like Arvis or something. Arvis is here now and the Askrs are here 4eva eva~

HAHA that has so much sense :P i'll follow your advice :3

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

[...]

Give Live for Honor and Carrot Lance to Effie :Kappa:

I was thinking to give these to Azura, since I have a spare S!Xander (didn't understand the meaning of banners back then ^^).

But Effie? Her sprite with a carrot is goofy, but Armors aren't a big help on grind teams. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

I was thinking to give these to Azura, since I have a spare S!Xander (didn't understand the meaning of banners back then ^^).

But Effie? Her sprite with a carrot is goofy, but Armors aren't a big help on grind teams. 

Jokes aside.... I think Azura is probably the best choice since you can run her with nino and slaughter everything in 10th stratum easy peasy uwe hee hee

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Nosmur Ehhhhhhhhhh

Ey, he has a job and he does that job AMAZINGLY.

10/10, at least he can be merged.

Jokes aside.... I think Azura is probably the best choice since you can run her with nino and slaughter everything in 10th stratum easy peasy uwe hee hee

Checking my roster I decided Donnel and Oboro would look best with that lance. Azura probably wouldn't even take a bite. 

I'll wait if badge drought will ever be a thing (I'm only low on great transparent badges currently, because I promoted Hardy Bearing to Level 3). 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Checking my roster I decided Donnel and Oboro would look best with that lance. Azura probably wouldn't even take a bite. 

I'll wait if badge drought will ever be a thing (I'm only low on great transparent badges currently, because I promoted Hardy Bearing to Level 3). 

Colourless badges should be the easiest to keep topped up, since they're distributed on double SP weekends. Admittedly, they compete with Chain Challenges, but you've got the Saturday for those as well.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Ey, he has a job and he does that job AMAZINGLY.

10/10, at least he can be merged.

60k for Anna Sharena and Alfonse or 60k for Arvis +2.... 362270921483878400.png

And Arvis +2 isnt even going to be used every week.... hmmmmmmm

I guess for TT and CC he is useful but I'll just use my Alm to heal. Ploying things is great I guess but who needs ploy when Nino kills anyway

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Carrot lance Oboro

I approve

14 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

HAHA that has so much sense :P i'll follow your advice :3

You're welcome~

You're welcome~

Oh but I already have Anna Sharena and Alfonse at 5*, my other priorities are some armored units that I have to upgrade AHAHA Askr is always worth :3.

8 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

Oh but I already have Anna Sharena and Alfonse at 5*, my other priorities are some armored units that I have to upgrade AHAHA Askr is always worth :3.

Why did you run poor 4* Arvis then in Arena? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arvis and Tailtiu were promoted for TT and did very well. Now he is doing the arena bonus thing and afterwards he will see only AA until they raise the HM barrier once again. 

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess for TT and CC he is useful but I'll just use my Alm to heal. Ploying things is great I guess but who needs ploy when Nino kills anyway

I've certainly gotten more use out of Arvis in the last 3 weeks than Sharena and Anna since I promoted them months ago... least I think it was months ago...

I mean, why just use a normal Nino... when you could use a Nino who is hitting a ployed-up target? It's unnecessary as hell, and unnecessary is just the normal person way to say OOOVERKILLL.

Plus he basically adds 10 damage to anyone I attack with Bridelia, who if anyone paid attention to the videos I make every GHB and BHB I use all the freaking time now.

...well whatever. I'll keep running Arvis myself, you and @Nosmur can do as you wish.

...by the way I recently changed my member badge to Kellam... but now that I think about it, who's Kellam? The member badge doesn't really tell me a whole lot to be honest...

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...well whatever. I'll keep running Arvis myself, you and @Nosmur can do as you wish.

Hahahaha he will be upgraded bro :P

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why did you run poor 4* Arvis then in Arena? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played the last 2 Arena runs with Anna and just want to try something different. He did it well killin' a 5* Inigo and a 5* Sonya...

Hmmmmmmm...

1 minute ago, Nosmur said:

Hahahaha he will be upgraded bro :P

I played the last 2 Arena runs with Anna and just want to try something different. He did it well killin' a 5* Inigo and a 5* Sonya...

Hmmmmmmm...

At 4* he will lower your score in comparison to Anna. 

I think Arvis is super good but honestly i feel he only reach max potential on EP squad with Healer Arvis build

That or i wish he had speed ploy lol. If i can remake him id drop his res decrease to speed tbh

46 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Nosmur Ehhhhhhhhhh

I think you're kinda underrating Arvis because you've been focused on blade world.

Arvis has the virtue of being a decent tank with his bulk. He can safely tank green mages and heal himself up, he cripples enemies with his ploy skills and can cripple enemy teams even more with Atk Smoke Seal when people is clustered, adding bits of health and bulk to your team. He can also be a healer but I prefer using position assists. Tharja and Katarina are sheer power but they almost always are at low hp which eliminates their EP potential.

@Nosmur Fine! But having a backup red mage is always good!

Just now, Quintessence said:

I think you're kinda underrating Arvis because you've been focused on blade world.

LOL

LOL

Sophia can't run blade, Celica doesn't need to run blade, and they both seem to be better picks. Why sit there and ploy when you can kill or eliminate threats instead?

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Arvis has the virtue of being a decent tank with his bulk. He can safely tank green mages and heal himself up, he cripples enemies with his ploy skills and can cripple enemy teams even more with Atk Smoke Seal when people is clustered, adding bits of health and bulk to your team. He can also be a healer but I prefer using position assists. Tharja and Katarina are sheer power but they almost always are at low hp which eliminates their EP potential.

Y'know who else tanks green mages

Sophia

Lilina

Sanaki

The latter 2 are the highest attack mages in the game*

Like I said, you can sit there and debuff everything or I can sit there and actually kill people. Why the heck should I be tanking when I can kill them instead? 

I've actually killed Arvis with Nino a few times. His low HP and speed basically make his Res non-existent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I think Arvis is super good but honestly i feel he only reach max potential on EP squad with Healer Arvis build

That or i wish he had speed ploy lol. If i can remake him id drop his res decrease to speed tbh

I mean this pretty much says it

I am still waiting for the moment where I wish I had a red mage to tank this Nino/Julia/Drdre hit  :Kappa: