• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

29 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As you said that I stumbled upon it. Welp!

@Kaden

Hide contents

Mia's sword literally has the same effect I was giving Edward's Caladbolg... ATK+3 and +10 Special Damage. And she's 32/40... Speechless. 

Oh, well...

Spoiler

I just saw the datamine thread after seeing this post and I'm really worried. Except for Lute, all of them have legendary/personal weapons and A-, B-, and C- passives. It's not that bad considering ToD Nowi and Sakura had the same thing, but I'm really worried considering these four characters could be considered like Ayra and Sigurd or BH Ike and BH Lyn. I hope they're more like Deidre, BH Lucina, BH Roy, or Arden, Arvis, and the Black Knight.

All shall be revealed soon... All has been revealed.

Anyway, for Mia's Resolute Blade. One of the reason why I didn't like Edward's Caladbolg having +3 attack and +10 special damage was that in spite of his average defense and low resistance, he's still pretty bulky. He would have been around Lucina's bulk or Navarre's considering the speed I gave him. Long story short, Edward with ~35/35 or ~33/37 offenses and good bulk could be scary since it'd be hard to one-shot him. Mia on the other hand is supposed to be a glass cannon, right? I remember on her page that she has the same defense growth as Edward, but her HP growth is lower. In that case, assuming she and everyone else are normal BST units, Mia could end up being like Hana where she trades attack for speed (that does get made up by Resolute Blade). Like Hana, she'd be pretty frail since she'd likely have lower HP which isn't that great even with average defense and/or resistance. She'd be easier to kill than Edward making it more difficult for her to stay alive, especially with a healer or with Fury + Renewal, and be a dangerous force to fight or letting her charge up a special regardless of what it is. That's a problem with Ayra, the extra stats she has makes her more bulky than usual and makes it more dangerous to fight her. She would have been around Lucina's bulk, but she's like Selena's bulk with Lucina's offenses.

Mia with 32/40 offenses means she has at most, 86 stats left if she has regular BST. Assuming her HP is low, so about 37 HP, that leaves her with 49 points. If you divide that in two, she'd have something like 37 HP, 32 Atk, 40 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res. Hana in comparison has 37 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 23 Def, and 26 Res. 62 physical bulk isn't exactly great, but would be pretty reasonable for Mia.

Never mind; they apparently all some of them have boosted BST. So, that problem still stands of: "That's a problem with Ayra, the extra stats she has makes her more bulky than usual and makes it more dangerous to fight her. She would have been around Lucina's bulk, but she's like Selena's bulk with Lucina's offenses."

That hypothetical Mia stat spread only needs 4 points into HP and she'd essentially be, with her Resolute Blade, +Res and +Spd Lucina.

Edited by Kaden

Spoiler

CYL banner with 4 of the most popular units: 2/4 get boosted stats and 5 skills.

"I didn't expect you to place so high in CYL" banner: all 4 get boosted stats and 3 get 5 skills.

If you told me this months back I would have never believed it but here we are lol

Galeforce'd

Edited by Korath88

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:
  Hide contents

Consider me pissed, IS is seriously just going to straight powercreep from now on. This is what I was afraid of 

Not really spoiler, but whatever, the cool kids are doing it.

Spoiler

Each time they do it, the rational gets flimsier and flimsier.

For CYL: Hey, they won CYL, this will be a one time thing for the most popular characters.

For the FE4 characters: Hey, they're the most popular characters from their game, IS wants to reward/highlight that.

For Halloween: Hey, they're a new weapon/movement type and they want to make Armor Emblem more viable. Or alternatively, they're a new weapon/movement type, so no one notices, since they have nothing to compare against.

Now: Oh, this guy was a meme on a commercial from 14 years ago... I've got nothin'

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider spending any more money on this game.  If all my units are going to be power creeped out in less than a year, what's the point?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

A stupid terrible commercial meme from FE7's release explains it all.

Wait, was that from an actual Fire Emblem commercial? I always assumed that it was just some goofy movie that happened to have a guy named Dorcas in it.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:
  Hide contents

...Huh. So it is. I'm not sure how to feel about this information.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Inside we all have shit taste

Reveal hidden contents

Really?! Huh...I find it weird, after all she has long hair here just like in RD, while her PoR version has shorter hair.

Hmm...Either I'm still not convinced on her art.

Spoiler

Mia's only had short hair in-game for PoR, though her portrait had it slightly longer.  All of her cipher artwork has long hair, which is probably the main reason why the artist used long hair.  Edit:  The art is definitely her myrmidon look though, as she has shoulderguards.  She never had shoulderguards in RD or as a Swordmaster in PoR.

I like the art overall, though I think her legs look a bit long in the idle pose.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Oh, yeah, voices...

Spoiler

I think Dorcas is actually voiced by Jamieson Price or Taylor Henry as he was credited for Hawkeye, Virion, and Zephiel. I say this since BH Lyn is voiced by Wendee Lee, but she was uncredited for some reason despite bride Lyn being credited with her name. Alternatively, Imari (Williams) the voice of Benny and Valter could have voiced him. The other reason is Dorcas looks like someone who'd have a deep voice.

Speaking of Lyn, Lani Minella was listed and she used to voice Lyn in Brawl and Smash 4 along with Pit in Brawl.

Spoiler

Dang...that's a very interesting set of skills. Luckily they all use existing mechanics, so I get to see if Flashing Blade is any fun on anyone almost immediately.

Also, Mia hype. I haven't played the games of anyone else on the banner though.

4 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mia's only had short hair in-game for PoR, though her portrait had it slightly longer.  All of her cipher artwork has long hair, which is probably the main reason why the artist used long hair.

I like the art overall, though I think her legs look a bit long in the idle pose.

Spoiler

I don't know. This one has mid-length hair which is about right for PoR Mia while here she has long hair which is more fitting for her RD incarnation but who knows, maybe she had long hair all along and I've been wrong since the beginning.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not really spoiler, but whatever, the cool kids are doing it.

Reveal hidden contents

Each time they do it, the rational gets flimsier and flimsier.

For CYL: Hey, they won CYL, this will be a one time thing for the most popular characters.

For the FE4 characters: Hey, they're the most popular characters from their game, IS wants to reward/highlight that.

For Halloween: Hey, they're a new weapon/movement type and they want to make Armor Emblem more viable. Or alternatively, they're a new weapon/movement type, so no one notices, since they have nothing to compare against.

Now: Oh, this guy was a meme on a commercial from 14 years ago... I've got nothin'

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider spending any more money on this game.  If all my units are going to be power creeped out in less than a year, what's the point?

Spoiler

I already stopped giving them money. I was looking forward to the news but if it's just "Powercreeped banners of random units", Michalis GHB rerun, another BHB and another TT where all the 40% units are 5* on the new banners, I'll be sorely disappointed. Hopefully they'll have interesting news.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Hide contents

I already stopped giving them money. I was looking forward to the news but if it's just "Powercreeped banners of random units", Michalis GHB rerun, another BHB and another TT where all the 40% units are 5* on the new banners, I'll be sorely disappointed. Hopefully they'll have interesting news.

Spoiler

I was wary when they gave the CYL the OP treatment, but was okay with it for the most part, it that was a one time thing, or limited to once or twice a year, but every Banner since then has been breaking the precedent we been getting for everything up until that CYL Banner.  Before I felt comfortable, since my Titania was going to have roughly the same power level compared to everybody else released afterwards.  Now I think this is just going to get worse and worse, and will no longer spend the money I had before now.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

I don't know. This one has mid-length hair which is about right for PoR Mia while here she has long hair which is more fitting for her RD incarnation but who knows, maybe she had long hair all along and I've been wrong since the beginning.

Spoiler

Honestly, the first one looks like her hair is longer than it was in PoR to me.