• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I just realized the implications of Durandal being able to be upgraded to Blazing Durandal. I have a +Atk, -Res Eliwood built with his typical stack Death Blow 3 with Durandal's Death Blow 2 build. Assuming Durandal's Death Blow 2 doesn't transfer over to Blazing Durandal, +Atk Eliwood with Blazing Durandal would have 53 total attack and with Death Blow 3, he'd have 59. Essentially, he'd trade 1 attack for having Heavy Blade built into his weapon and having 53 attack at all times rather than only having 50 because Durandal only gives him +4 attack when he initiates. If Durandal's Death Blow 2 did transfer over, well, that's 63 attack on initiation which is pretty dumb. Only downside is Eliwood is not as fast as his son, but that's all right.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Durandal and Blazing Durandal can gain effectiveness against dragons since that's what it had in its home games.

Quick edit: My Eliwood would essentially become the higher attack version of my +Res, -Def BH Roy. Eliwood would hit a bit harder while BH Roy would be able to double and avoid getting doubled more than his father.

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

*sees Naga on legendary weapon upgrade list*

YES! All will bow before Julia, chosen daughter of Naga! It'll be a shame to lose the +2 Def/Res when attacked, but nullifying all enemy bonuses? She's going to be unstoppable.

I'm liking the look of the weapon upgrade system, although gathering those resources is going to be a pain. New story content and that 8% banner also look fantastic.

No Pity Breakers for it too!

I'm surprised that people are so overwhelmingly pleased with the Broadcast. Everybody was throwing around tall orders like fixing colorless hell, the five star pool in general and re-rolling natures. None of that. And people are over the moon. I guess a freebie 5 star is all you need to say, eh?

Jokes aside, I did like the broadcast, and I like that other people liked the broadcast. 

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm surprised that people are so overwhelmingly pleased with the Broadcast. Everybody was throwing around tall orders like fixing colorless hell, the five star pool in general and re-rolling natures. None of that. And people are over the moon. I guess a freebie 5 star is all you need to say, eh?

Jokes aside, I did like the broadcast, and I like that other people liked the broadcast. 

I'd have been happy regardless. Learning about new and exciting things coming my way is a very good way to force out a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" reaction... well, to be fair I'd need to have money to do that...

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything to be announced besides the next banner and the next Tempest Trial. Maybe a banner or two in December, but that was it. So personally, this broadcast was far more interesting and exciting than I had hoped it could be.

Ok, now that the dust has settled. I'm going to chime in.

- BUFFED STAVES

This is fantastic and needed to happen. But unfortunately in the process, Dagger units just became powercreeped and invalidated. I doubt the refinery can save any of the units with buffed up knives. Regardless though, glad I built up tons of healers, might just *5 that Wrys of mine!

- NEW UNITS

They're all great. Mia's my 2nd favorite in the Tellius series and Lute is my 2nd favorite from the Magvel series. Dorcas is great as well, he had probably the best character of the axe units from FE7 and his art is amazing. As far as units go they're all power creep like you'd expect. Mia literally plays how I thought Edward would play so that's perfect really. Dorcas is the first DC axe and he's got respectable res to boot, new Rein counter get. I'm actually going to shoot for all of them even with the new summoning event on the horizon.

Joshua being free I didn't see coming so that's cool too. Won't be hurting for a 40% unit this Tempest. I really hope they break up the 2 female/1 male pattern they've been sticking with though because the Dawn Brigade had 4 guys and one girl and I don't want to see Micaiah/Laura/Sothe.

- COOLDOWN REDUCTION / BARRACKS EXPANSION / LESS STAMINA USED

5 attack cooldown skills other than Aether needed to be taken down anyways so this is good. I don't think anyone will be using Astra or the AoE skills anyway, but at least it's more viable if they do. Also Sol needed to be a 3 turn cooldown skill and Noontime needed to be the Moonbow of healing so they did it right. Thumbs up.

Barracks expansion is great. They already made expanding them yourself super cheap so this was really just a gift to everyone. Same for the stamina reduction considering they pour stamina potions on top of players. This is all just a QoL improvement and some unnecessary. I really have to hand it to them, they did good work here.

- REFINERY

In my opinion? The best part of the stream. This new addition singlehandedly gave every unit in the game a chance to be viable and even spiced up some of the older units. Absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see all the weapons and what they do with their boosts. It also mitigates bad natures to an extent and you can compensate depending on the nature of your unit. Plus being able to give older characters the better version of their Prf weapon was a much needed change I didn't think they'd ever add. They literally deleted a few notches of power creep. Don't buff Blade tomes though. Seriously, screw that. Or Rein, don't buff him either.

- SPECIAL SUMMONING EVENT

WHAT, EVEN. Tons of units that people want, powerful ones too all in a focus with a ridiculously high rate and no chance of bad pity breaker? Win. I already have Hector, Ike, Celica, Genny, Brave Lyn and Bridelia. But this is a second chance for me at Ayra, more Bridelias for merges and my first shot at Spring Camilla, holy~!

I really hope though that this is one or two banners and not... one mega banner because you can literally get spooked by any unit gunning for the one you want. I should really save my orbs but I have to shoot for the units I like. Here's hoping the next 2 weeks will give a solid amount of orbs.

- BOOK II and FJORM

Was always kind of interested in seeing where the story was going and this shows they actually are about it, which is pretty crazy. Fjorm doesn't wow me but she's pretty cool and that spin animation is beast, reminds me of the mercenary animations from the Elibe saga with instantly gets points. Also she's got Distant Counter. Yep, free Distant Counter Lance unit.

The stream exceeded my expectations. No the *3 pool will stay the same and you can't change natures, but the latter matters just a little bit less and every unit that was invalidated before just became a little bit more relevant. Well done IS, well done.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

FJORM HAS GOT DISTANT COUNTER?

Speechless. Where my surfboarding Sharena be at?

A mage attacked her and she countered. They snuck that in, had to watch a 2nd time to catch it.

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also she's got Distant Counter. Yep, free Distant Counter Lance unit.

Wait, Fjorn has Distant Counter on her weapon? Does that mean we are basically getting an infantry version of Camus for free?

Whoops, didn't read the comment above mine.

Edited by NSSKG151

I've honestly started liking shove more and more now that I've been using it. Yeah, it doesn't have the 'run the fuck away' capabilities of reposition, but it does have reposition's 'get the fuck in there you slow ass piece of shit' ability in pushing people forward.

It's still only a skill I'll only put on units I don't plan on bringing to the main team ever, but second stringers need positioning assists too, and I'd honestly rate shove higher than swap and either tied with or better than draw back.

(Haven't tried smite yet, though.)

Edit:

51 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So i kinda got curious

Hector had 37 defense. 30% of it is 11

a unit need to deal mins of 22 damage to deal 11 damage with Glimmer

So i guess Glimmer is pretty good now?

If you can do 22 damage why isn't the thing dead from a double regardless?

Edited by DehNutCase

Best feature of the update: New standard enemies, like @Kaden noticed! 

I do like the possibility to upgrade some weapons that got powercreeped, but am I the only one that doesn't like the new forge system? I don't want to check everybody's weapon for a hidden skill like follow-up-attack. 

3 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Wait I didn't see Anna in that cinematic, did I just miss her? otherwise where did anna go especially since the summoner was shown

That's what I was thinking: Where are Anna and Bruno (aka ??? aka Zacharias)? 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I vote seppuku.

What I wanna know, what's Veronica doing here?

Perhaps that big red guy is where the voices came from? 

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I know! With her, my flier emblem team can be a discount version of @mampfoid's flier emblem team. But, no matter what, I will turn her into a raven mage, with Gronnblade as a back up. I also love the chance to get Bridelia, Celica, Hector, abd more Genny's

Seems you will get a chance to pull Camilla then, good luck!

Why would your team be the discount version? I don't even have merges or anything fancy.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Vanilla Sharena, sword Sharena, icy Sharena, better Sharena. Sharena Emblem when?

My thirst thought too: Ice-Sharena!

@Alkaid Perhaps she can't be summoned more than one time, to make her equal to the other Askirs? The CYL heroes had two banners to technically divide the free pull from the normal banner. 

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

...The weapon forging is going to bump up Arena scores again, isn't it?

I guess so. If they will take some other factors than SP into the calculation (medals?), it will be very difficult to get the right formula. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Best feature of the update: New standard enemies, like @Kaden noticed! 

I do like the possibility to upgrade some weapons that got powercreeped, but am I the only one that doesn't like the new forge system? I don't want to check everybody's weapon for a hidden skill like follow-up-attack. 

I imagine it wouldn't matter too much, to be honest. The stronger your team is, the less you need to check at the start of the map because, let's say for example the enemy dancer either has WoM or she doesn't, if literally everyone on your team ORKOs her on defense and nothing she dances can be threatening, you don't need to check that.

If your guy gets has so much stats that it doesn't matter if he gets followed up or not, then obviously you don't need to check the weapon for the effect.

(That, and I'd imagine unique effects would be fairly rare, and about as easy to memorize as the amount of weapons in the game already. Like, if Armor slayer only ever happens to give, for example, brash assault (lul), then you'll just remember that armor slayers occasionally give BA and that'll be that. Ideally they won't put more than one unique effect per weapon.)