• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

My free summon was a 4* Eirika and was happy to get another one that would hopefully not be +HP/-Spd, but she turned out to be +Def/-Atk.

Why do all the Eirikas I get have terrible natures...

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

FJORM HAS GOT DISTANT COUNTER?

Speechless. Where my surfboarding Sharena be at?

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

A mage attacked her and she countered. They snuck that in, had to watch a 2nd time to catch it.

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Wait, Fjorn has Distant Counter on her weapon? Does that mean we are basically getting an infantry version of Camus for free?

Whoops, didn't read the comment above mine.

We'll have to see until she's released, but I assumed her attacking the mage was because of Ice Mirror proccing (though her weapon getting DC might be more likely than a defensive special allowing you to counter ranged attacks when it procs, though it would make sense given "mirror" is part of the name.)

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Am i seeing this correctly that Joshua has 164 BST, Mia 163 BST, Dorcas 162 BST and Lute 151 BST. Wry?

That's what it seems like. Mia, Joshua and Dorcas all have +1 to their level 1 stat total and +2 to their Growth Values, but Lute is weird in that she has +1 to her level 1 stat total, but only has +1 to her Growth Values. At least, that's the case if the Gamepress values are the right one (I usually use the wiki, but it hasn't been updated it seems, which is weird). I also assumed Johua's stats since I didn't find his level 1 stats anywhere, but I was able to get his stats with a level 1 BST of 48 and a growth value total of 33.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

We'll have to see until she's released, but I assumed her attacking the mage was because of Ice Mirror proccing (though her weapon getting DC might be more likely than a defensive special allowing you to counter ranged attacks when it procs, though it would make sense given "mirror" is part of the name.)

Actually yes, this is my current assumption; that DC is not due to her weapon and due to her special. One can dream for something new and unusual, I guess.

Why do the new characters have higher BST than others? That's not cool. IS said they were avoiding powercreep like this stupidity.

On another subject though. I've kinda built a Cecilia. I can't ever pull a decent IV one, so I grabbed the free one from the daily rotation and upgraded her. Lots of SP to be gathered that way anyway.

hamdI1S.png

I still have to wait for another 20,000 feathers to make her 5 star. And of course, she needs a special. It'll either be Moonbow or Luna, whichever I can get my hands on first. I'm out of fodder for either one. And her A will eventually be T-Adept too, as soon as I can get more fodder for that as well...

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Every single DC weapon other than Lightningbreath has been uninheritable, and that trend will probably go on into the forseeable future. Sure, the trend has changed, but I’ve no reason to believe it would play out anywhere similar to what you said.

One such trend is the soft-buffing of melee units to make them more viable through seals such as Brash Assault and Deflect Magic, and the new weapon forging feature coming later is heavily skewed towards physical weapons.  Making weaker, inheritable DC weapons could be the next step in making in making non-Prf melee weapon users more viable, as it is clear what units still run the meta.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lightningbreath is also locked to a specific unit type that is already underused. It also completely defeats the purpose of inheriting Distant Counter onto units, as the balance comes from not having your A passive.

Distant Counter weapons are so much better than X Weapon Skill + Distant Counter it’s not even funny.

Characters with strong Prf weapons would have every reason to continue using DC as their A slot.  Hector is not forfeiting QR+Vantage+Bonfire just so he can run Fury or something.  Ephraim/Eirika aren't giving up their one remaining niche, B!Ike would be crazy to give up Urvan, etc etc.  Something like this would benefit non-unique characters, who need it so much more.

42 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well there are 6 dragons

And like, 25 axes

Those six dragons are way more relevant in the current meta than the overwhelming majority of those 25 axes, and would likely continue to be so even with inheritable DC weapons.  What's your point?

49 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Some of those axes have access to these things called "movement specific buffs"

Life and Death +Spd -Res Hectors with QR will become a thing. Now imagine that with 2 goads and a ward in armor emblem (You'd need 2 other hectors for goad though). Even then, hone armor is on Gwen, a 3/4 star unit LOL 

If movement buffs are a problem, they could always be further restricted to infantry units, although I'm not really a fan of that solution.  Personally I don't think movement buffs are the be-all-end-all that they used to be given how prevalent Panic Ploy is, and the cavalry class is so bloated with stand-out units that don't require DC I don't see it interrupting the status-quo much on their end.

LaD Hector sounds like complete booty cheeks.  Hector's dangerous because you have to one-round him otherwise you're going to eat a Bonfire/Ignis you can do nothing about thanks to innate QR and Vantage.  Not running Armads means he has to make a choice, effectively neutering him either way.  A player-phase oriented Windsweep build might be funny, but he can already do that with Phantom Spd. 

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Actually yes, this is my current assumption; that DC is not due to her weapon and due to her special. One can dream for something new and unusual, I guess.

I would also prefer if it was her special since it would make running a defensive special worthwhile and allow her weapon to have something difference as an effect. And as you said, it would be some thing different and new, even if it's worse than just putting DC on her weapon.

Honestly theres not really much problem if dc weapon with proper restriction is inheritable

most arena enemies who had DC as their A slot are usually some of the biggest jokes around, only losing in joke level to Hector

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I suppose we won't know for sure until her release day or close to release day.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Lance Dragon... do you think there's any good reason for them to make a whole new generic enemy type?

There weren’t any generic wyvern riders before, is all. Variety.

What I’m interested in is whether all operators of three weapon types are women, like the pegasus riders.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There weren’t any generic wyvern riders before, is all. Variety.

What I’m interested in is whether all operators of three weapon types are women, like the pegasus riders.

But Wyverns Riders have typically (in FE history) been known for high attack, generally great defense, and paper bag levels of Resistance... and depending on the unit they might have been slow, but I'm not one to ask.

Pegasus Knights have been the polar opposite (high speed and res, paper bag defenses, depends-on-the-unit attack)

If the trailer is to be believed, Fjorm's 46 attack only comes round to 8 damage against the Lance Dragon, while they do 27 to Fjorms 30 defense WITHOUT a triangle advantage... I mean, I'm the last person to rely on speculation for, but could it be more than just "variety"?

Edited by Xenomata

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean, I'm the last person to rely on speculation for, but could it be more than just "variety"?

Variety includes stat templates too.

Even in Heroes generic pegs are biased towards Res and Spd at the expense of Atk and Def.

Generic dracos can very well be their opposites. And I’m cool with that. We haven’t had such generics in Heroes yet.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even in Heroes generic pegs are biased towards Res and Spd at the expense of Atk and Def.

Generic dracos can very well be their opposites. And I’m cool with that. We haven’t had such generics in Heroes yet.

when are we getting generic dragon from Mystery

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even in Heroes generic pegs are biased towards Res and Spd at the expense of Atk and Def. Generic dracos can very well be their opposites. And I’m cool with that.

Hmm.... hero battles are about to get a lot more interesting...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And here we have Dragon Boner with his dragon boner. Nothing to see here, move along.

Wait Mr. Tourguide! I wanna take an ironic selfie with the Dragon Boner and get lots of likes on my instagram!

(no I don't have an instagram)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What are the odds of getting zero green orbs on a Halloween banner pull? It's been happening frustratingly often lately.

I've sunk like 300 orbs into this banner now and the only 5* I have to show for it is a duplicate Titania. Ugh.

Ouch, that hurts. I've been equally unlucky on some other seasonal banners. At least the feh channel shows IS will bring back some of the seasonal units on future banners, which makes pulling seasonals somehow more relaxed (for me at least). 

What happened to Bruno/Zacharias? He didn't appear in the Book 2 trailer at all! At least Veronica appears to become one of Surtr's minions.

Given Joshua's stats, he basically became "the if Ayra was a TT unit" for me.

Spoiler

Joshua has according to the datamine: 40 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 30 Def, and 28 Res.

With Audhulma, he'd have 31 resistance. Fury is the obvious choice to increase his bulk as he'd have 40/33/34 bulk with 38 speed; and 50 attack with his sword. Alternatively, he could run L&D and he'd end up with 40/25/26 bulk with 40 speed; and 52 attack with his sword.

His stats are kind of like a +Atk, -Def Selena, but with 3 more HP or Lloyd with 10 more defense for 1 less attack and HP and 2 less resistance. +Atk, -Def Selena has 37 HP, 29 Atk, 35 Spd, 29 Def, and 28 Res while Lloyd has 41 HP, 32 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 30 Res.

Ayra and +Spd Selena and maybe Mia -- I'll need to check her stats again later -- would be better speed tanks, but Joshua is still pretty good as one too. That said, I might go with L&D since 52/40 offenses with 40/25/26 bulk is pretty dumb.

Edited by Kaden

20 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

What happened to Bruno/Zacharias? He didn't appear in the Book 2 trailer at all! At least Veronica appears to become one of Surtr's minions.

I think he will join to the squad or something in a GHB or maybe in the new history.

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Reveal hidden contents

Joshua has according to the datamine: 40 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 30 Def, and 28 Res.

With Audhulma, he'd have 31 resistance. Fury is the obvious choice to increase his bulk as he'd have 40/33/34 bulk with 38 speed; and 50 attack with his sword. Alternatively, he could run L&D and he'd end up with 40/25/26 bulk with 40 speed; and 52 attack with his sword.

His stats are kind of like a +Atk, -Def Selena, but with 3 more HP or Lloyd with 10 more defense for 1 less attack and HP and 2 less resistance. +Atk, -Def Selena has 37 HP, 29 Atk, 35 Spd, 29 Def, and 28 Res while Lloyd has 41 HP, 32 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 30 Res.

Ayra and +Spd Selena and maybe Mia -- I'll need to check her stats again later -- would be better speed tanks, but Joshua is still pretty good as one too. That said, I might go with L&D since 52/40 offenses with 40/25/26 bulk is pretty dumb.

I am going to give him L&D since I have SI fodder for that, I need to think about what seal would be good on Joshua.  Joshua will be on my infantry team once he is trained, I think I may support him with B!Ike, but I am not sure yet.  Joshua, Zihark and Navarre are my three favorite sword users in FE who are not lords, so getting two of them for free makes me very happy and Joshua being really good just makes it better.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Huh, that's higher than I expected.

Green units have such a small pool

There is like, an 18% (rough estimate) chance that any given orb can be green, assuming one green unit is on the banner. It's kinda sad LOL

35 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Audulma gives 5 res, not 3

He can actually run Ploy skills if he wants to, and with great effect. Fury would be very nasty on him especially with speed seal

Edited by Arcanite