Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

After mourning all day for Neko Sakura One day beautiful kitty, one day we'll meet as allies I've been planning on how to tackle the 8% banner. After careful deliberation I've chosen to do full summon sessions regardless of color.

Red has Celica whom I need because I only have Arvis and Sophia as red mages and she's bae, Ayra is a no brainer and Ike would appreciate a better nature than his current +Hp -Res.

Blue has Fjorm who's too cool to not try to get at least a good nature for, B!Caeda I already have but I guess +Spd is better than +Res if I manage to get one with that boon, S!Xander....yeah he's the one killing my motivation to pull blue but his carrot can be used for meme builds at least.

Green is the color I need the most right now, my Julia is -Atk and I never got Deirdre so there's that, Hector is DC fooder or merges if I feel like it and S!Camilla is the only consistent Reinhardt/B!Lyn answer Flier Emblem has Reposition shenanigans can only get you so far.

Colorless gives the chance of having the original OP Brave Bow archer Bridelia (one of my favorites too so that's a plus), a favorable nature B!Lyn and a favorable nature Genny (or Wrathful staff fooder for Priscilla).

I only hope the 8% is kind on me and doesn't end like HF2 where I had to break f2p because I got a super high pity rate (like 7.25 or the like) and only a handful of 5* (Julia and Genny with some pity breaker rando) despite the 5% start.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm not particularly hyped for the banner.

Red- a better nature Celica would be nice, but Ike and Ayra are perfectly fine (even if their +Atk and +Spd are switched).

Blue- The only one I don't want is Fjorm- I need a non -Spd Caeda, and Live for Honour would be peachy.

Green- Hector is always a plus, and my greens are -Atk, but... eh.

Colourless- merges for Brave Lyn and maybe Genny as favouritism.

They're all all right as picks, but I'm not desperate for 'em.

16 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Blue- The only one I don't want is Fjorm- I need a non -Spd Caeda, and Live for Honour would be peachy.

I think you're the first person I've seen actually mention Xander's B skill. With how desirable Badges have become, he's suddenly much more useful, even if he just ends up being foddered off to a dancer or something. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what they were doing when they put him on this banner.

Speaking of Badges... were you the one who was complaining about grinding for blue Great Badges a little while ago? If so, I just wanted to say... I understand completely now. I've been grinding all day to try and upgrade the second Spd+ Seal.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

JWhPmsP.jpg

Why can’t we capture and harvest generics? Big fat good that 15+6 Res did for tou, buddy.

I met a Wendy on AA with 32 (?) Base res, Berkut's Lance+ and Water Boost 3, plus the Squad Ace res seal. Lulziest thing was that she had Bonfire instead of Iceberg or Glacies.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think you're the first person I've seen actually mention Xander's B skill. With how desirable Badges have become, he's suddenly much more useful, even if he just ends up being foddered off to a dancer or something. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what they were doing when they put him on this banner.

Speaking of Badges... were you the one who was complaining about grinding for blue Great Badges a little while ago? If so, I just wanted to say... I understand completely now. I've been grinding all day to try and upgrade the second Spd+ Seal.

I still am- I don't have enough Great Badges to level 3 any blue seals. And even on Wednesdays, I only get Great Badges half the time. I *really* would like Live for Honour.

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I still am- I don't have enough Great Badges to level 3 any blue seals. And even on Wednesdays, I only get Great Badges half the time. I *really* would like Live for Honour.

Badges? What are badges? Are they like badgers?

V3aZKgO.png

Live for Orbs skill, please. Or Live for Feathers.

38 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Green- Hector is always a plus, and my greens are -Atk, but... eh.

Also, I may have forgotten who green number three was when I said this- the person I used for reference mentioned it being Julia, or close enough that I thought that, when it was actually Camilla. She's a definite skip.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

… it was actually Camilla. She's a definite skip.

But it’s Spring Camilla. See how she dares to lay that egg in my barracks while I’m sniping for Deirdre. Just wait and see.

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Getting Great Blue Badges has been a pain in the rear for me. The day those are awarded happen to be on a work day and I end up too tired to do anything. 

As for the banner itself:

Red: Nothing there interests me

Blue: We’ll get that OC lady for free

Green: Maybe S!Camilla or Hector. Maybe

Colorless: I have 3 Gennys and a Bride Cordelia already so...meh.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But it’s Spring Camilla. See how she dares to lay that egg in my barracks while I’m sniping for Deirdre. Just wait and see.

If I get a Deirdre and you a Camilla, I'd honestly be down with giving you one of mine. You don't even have to exchange the Camilla in return.

11 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I had just barely enough to get the first Spd+ Seal fully upgraded, but it's been a nightmare trying to get enough for Squad Ace D. I wasn't thrilled about going for blues on the Legendary Heroes banner at first, but at this point, it's starting to look like one of the best colors to go for. After all, I need that MarthxBride Caeda Support.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Badges? What are badges? Are they like badgers?

Live for Orbs skill, please. Or Live for Feathers.

:O

Forget unit trading, we need Badge trading in Heroes.

57 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Blue has Fjorm who's too cool to not try to get at least a good nature for, B!Caeda I already have but I guess +Spd is better than +Res if I manage to get one with that boon, S!Xander....yeah he's the one killing my motivation to pull blue but his carrot can be used for meme builds at least.

I will also be pulling for all the colors, but let's not forget that Carrot Lance will have an upgrade, so they might make S!Xander more viable... or not

My opinion for this banner is, reds: I would love Ike and Celica, I actually don't care about Ayra... I won't complain if I get her tho lol and if I get more than one, I might pass down her skills.

blues: I love Shiida, not exactly the best blue tome user, but pulling for the characters you like is more fun imo

greens: I kinda want every single one of them lol Hector because I need to complete my armor emblem, Deidre just because I find her one of the most beautiful characters in the series, and Bunnilla because of flier emblem (I didn't get witch Nowi so ;-;)

colorless: I prefer Summer Gaius than Bridelia but LOL I am not complaining at all, and also Brave Lyn. I already have Mist as my 5 star healer, but Genny is also cool, and I like her character better

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m thoroughly surprised at how people playing since February have a shortage of badges of all things.

I do happen to have a shortage on Blue Great Badges in particular. I don’t grind in the Training Tower much anymore and even if I do, I end up getting the regular badges most of the time instead. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I will also be pulling for all the colors, but let's not forget that Carrot Lance will have an upgrade, so they might make S!Xander more viable... or not

My opinion for this banner is, reds: I would love Ike and Celica, I actually don't care about Ayra... I won't complain if I get her tho lol and if I get more than one, I might pass down her skills.

blues: I love Shiida, not exactly the best blue tome user, but pulling for the characters you like is more fun imo

greens: I kinda want every single one of them lol Hector because I need to complete my armor emblem, Deidre just because I find her one of the most beautiful characters in the series, and Bunnilla because of flier emblem (I didn't get witch Nowi so ;-;)

colorless: I prefer Summer Gaius than Bridelia but LOL I am not complaining at all, and also Brave Lyn. I already have Mist as my 5 star healer, but Genny is also cool, and I like her character better

1 minute ago, May B. said:

At the very least, it will make him more edible.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m thoroughly surprised at how people playing since February have a shortage of badges of all things.

I actually only have 1k on a color max when the thing is announced. But then again i only had 2 row of full HM so that kinda explains it

10 minutes ago, May B. said:

Oh, right! Although I can't think of anything but a Mt, stat and at best a heal buff for it so it's still going to be a meme except for like Effie.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Let's say that ,outside of the monthly quests, when IS released Chain Challenges there was little reason to use the training tower above the 7th stratum (lower if the unit was strong enough to go against enemies 10 levels above them). Now that I'm lacking a bunch of blue Great Badges to upgrade Squad Ace D that's come to bite me in the back.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Since the four new heroes were the ones who, with the exception of Micaiah, ranked highest in CYL out of units not yet playable, I got curious about who's behind them in that distinction to see who might be a candidate for future events like this.

• 46: Morgan (female)
  • 47: Severa
  • 53: Marisa
  • 59: Selkie
  • 68: Soleil
  • 70: Kaze

Lot of 3DS kids.

I wonder if the next 'CYL'-eque banner can be a kids/2nd gen themed banner.

Morgan, Severa, Owain, Selkie and/or Soleil. Actually is Inigo higher than Soleil? Inigo is sort of already in the game (yeah not properly because of the dancer banner but Laswald is essentially Inigo anyway in terms of weapon). Selkie is a bit of a strange case because there's no beast stone users yet so will have to wait for that implementation.

Severa could probably be a bow knight though.

Kaze would probably be in the next Fates banner, hopefully with Silas and Flora (need more dagger users)

After a summer of arthurian gacha luck, I started getting pretty much every unit I wanted in very few pulls, so I'm right now getting close to 900 f2p orbs ready to be used:

-Red: don't have any of them but I'm not actively seeking more red swords (and I'm fine with just BIke instead of the regular one), plus I'm still salty about the many orbs I wasted trying to get Celica back when I didn't have any decent red mages and didn't know yet how much I was gonna dislike her in SoV, and SoV in general. Then again, they may be nice units to have around.

-Blue: avoid like the plague. Not really interested in Caeda or extra copies of the OC, even less so with big bro hiding in the bushes with a giant carrot getting ready to lunge at me. I love you Xander, but I love you more with Siegfried in hand.

-Green: now we talkin'. My boy Hector is one of the few units I haven't managed to get that I really want (DC fodder is a plus too), and I also want as many bunnies as I can get for merges. Dunno what to do about natures, though. My current unmerged Bunnilla is +Def/-Spd, and does great with Blade+ for general use and Raven+ for arena. Just hope Deirdre doesn't spook me more than once.

-Colorless: BLyn merges are fine, don't have Bridelia so that's fine too, and I won't get too angry at just one Genny as Wrathful Staff fodder, but if I get more than one I'm setting her hair on fire.

So, all in all, I think I'm gonna pull every color but blue at first, then go hard at green until I'm satisfied. Not interested in saving for Christmas Tharja, but I want to keep a healthy amount of orbs in case CYL Hector and CYL Camilla happen down the line, considering what the chatty owl said.

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I hardly ever went into the Training Tower before except for the monthly quests, so that's my personal excuse. But for some reason, blue Badges in particular seem to be a rarity for most people. Possibly because of the day that they happen to be featured on.