Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

All right a new calendar for November and December, and with a banner featuring the second generation of the characters in Fates. I find that interstesting that they are going a 2nd gen Fates banner before the Awakening banner.

Don't mess with my feelings.

Actually now that I think about it, aside from PA!Shigure which is a 'special' version, Fates 2nd gen doesn't have any representatives yet while Awakening has Lucina at least. (And Masked Marth I guess). More if you count the Awakening-related royal retainers.

That's actually a pretty reasonable decision. Well, aside from the remaining Lords not being here yet, or Sanaki being the only RD representative.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Shes not really an odd choice. A reccuring theme of Archanea roster is the nation representation of the kingdom. Archanea and Aurelis are the only kingdom with zero rep so far.

Do you happen to know of this mysterious place called Aurelis? I wonder who lives there.

Also, technically Jeorge kinda counts as Archanean, since he is from one of the five major noble houses.

Also, Othin posted this a few days ago:

On 11/15/2017 at 3:06 PM, Othin said:

Since the four new heroes were the ones who, with the exception of Micaiah, ranked highest in CYL out of units not yet playable, I got curious about who's behind them in that distinction to see who might be a candidate for future events like this.

• 46: Morgan (female)
  • 47: Severa
  • 53: Marisa
  • 59: Selkie
  • 68: Soleil
  • 70: Kaze

Lot of 3DS kids.

So I'm thinking Soleil might be on the female side of the Fates kid group (they could strangle Selkie in there, but I doubt it). Can someone else gleam at those old CYL results for what else we might get?

The kids in Fates are as necessary as a bacon chef at a Judaism and Islam interfaith meeting. But to be fair, Fates hasn't gotten much in the way of new characters outside of seasonals since the game's launch. And all FEs consist of many unnecessary characters. just ones not so out of place as those diapered in the Deeprealms.

On Amelia and Tana- the two don't even have a support in SS or come from the same country, so that's weird for a Bound Hero Battle. However they do have this:

From a prototype of FE8:

• Amelia has Tana’s role; her class was planned to be a flying Trainee
  •  
1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I supported Chrom and Cordelia, and Robin and Robin.
Am I a terrible person?

Well Cordelia is going to have a mental breakdown once she gets past the initial euphoria of getting who she's always wanted. What does she want to do with Chrom? She doesn't know, she doesn't know what to do next with her life. It's empty, meaningless. It shouldn't be, she has Chrom, the man of her dreams and a great individual, and she has many duties to attend to which she will fulfill as Queen of Ylisse. But nonetheless the sense of ennui is creeping up on her. Not even her infant daughter Lucina is able to keep her attention for long before the bad feeling sneaks in. She needs help, but won't let herself be seen as less than a paragon of humanity, and hence refuses to seek help or even tell her beloved.

As for RobinxRobin, well it's less self-loving than LucinaxMasked Marth. I will warn you the resulting Morgans will be capable of going Super Grima though. Make sure bad behavior is expunged from them as they grow up, but don't use the whip too much or too little- abuse might make them evil, spoiling them might make them evil.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Say, what’s the japanse name of the Children of Fate banner? Because it might provide more clues, but I don’t think it is Fates children characters,  neither Awakening children. I think it’s going to be Geneology children that will appear, considering the recent banner.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you happen to know of this mysterious place called Aurelis? I wonder who lives there.

Also, technically Jeorge kinda counts as Archanean, since he is from one of the five major noble houses.

Oh yeah thats true

also no disrespect to my bro Aurelis, the only country who managed to hold out against Archanea before Camus destroyed everything and King Aurelis is the only reason Marth manage to win in WoH

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Say, what’s the japanse name of the Children of Fate banner?

黒白の子. Translated, Children of Black and White.

It is Fates Gen 2. Nohr is the Black Kingdom, Hoshido is the White Kingdom.

Edited by Vaximillian

Here are the 10 most popular Fates children characters: Selkie, Soleil, Ophelia, Velouria, Caeldori, Kana(F), Rhajat, Forrest, Dwyer, Nina.

I'll sort them out for the Fates games as well

Birthright: Selkie, Caeldori, Rhajat
Conquest: Soleil, Ophelia, Velouria, Forrest, Nina
Both: Kana(F), Dwyer

Edited by silveraura25

Kinda cringing at how "Children of Fate" is a phrase that could refer to so many games, especially recent ones. Awakening kids, Fates kids, Alm and Celica, Jugdral kids... Let's maybe come up with more creative monikers IS.

Also bummed it seems to be the Fates kids as I'm not interested at all in pulling them, and it confirms Micaiah is not coming before next year. But at least this way I can go all out on Hero Fest.

So second gen from Fates comes before Kaze!?  I am so mad right now, I am praying they don't make Kaze part of the Christmas banner because I don't want one of my favorite units in a costume that makes me sad because of the pain I feel every time I have to deal with Christmas stuff.  On the other hand at least I can use orbs on the big banner and then save orbs for someone I want next year.  Maybe the New Year's banner will be good.

If it's Fates children, I wonder who would be on the banner. Also, Amelia and Tana BHB, seems odd, right? Sort of like Ninian and Hawkeye. Michalis is coming back, along with Berkut. Michalis is nice as I can build him as my defensive flier. And the super banner is happening for 6-7 days. But, what does the theme of Enduring Love for the voting gauntlet? Couples who would sacrifice everything to be together? I have so many questions that I want answered 

黒白の子. Translated, Children of Black and White.

It is Fates Gen 2. Nohr is the Black Kingdom, Hoshido is the White Kingdom.

Ah, so it is definitely Fates kids. I wonder if there will be two banners.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Assuming that it'll be based off of CYL then here they are, the 10 most popular fates children.

Birthright: Selkie, Caeldori, Rhajat
Conquest: Soleil, Ophelia, Velouria, Forrest, Nina
Both: Kana(F), Dwyer

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Hopefully there will be two banners indeed. These are what I expect:

Nohr: male Kana, Siegbert, Forrest;
Hoshido: female Kana, Shiro, Kiragi.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But why would Michalis rerun last so long and parallel to Berkuts? 

If I replied with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, this might have been qualified as spamming.

So I’ll just say: because reasons.

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If I replied with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, this might have been qualified as spamming.

Reasons are important. Would be cool if the GHB units would get an upgrade. Map-wise and Skill-wise. 

9 hours ago, Thane said:

Children of Fate, huh...So two banners with Siegbert, Forrest and M!Kana on one side and Shiro, Kiragi and F!Kana on the other?

Those characters seem to be the most logical choices for two 3-character Fates banners. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Those characters seem to be the most logical choices for two 3-character Fates banners. 

That's a NEG- Not Enough Girls. Perky girls make men perk up, and every woman wants them as a BFF because so they're so likable and then they use them in their fanficts. Says the cynic in me.

What makes sense doesn't have to be. Tailtiu made no sense, Oscar with Neph and Elincia made no sense. Amelia in her banner made no sense. Farfetched Heroes only makes sense because CYL.

Michalis managed to conquer some distant land in FE12's ending, he has credentials to power. Berkut can't kill a elm tree.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

also no disrespect to my bro Aurelis, the only country who managed to hold out against Archanea before Camus destroyed everything and King Aurelis is the only reason Marth manage to win in WoH

I was being sarcastic. But yeah Aurelis is pretty important to the Archanea games. How can one ignore the merits and tragedy of Hardin? Oh wait, you can, Heroes is!

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yes, but consider this: Ophelia.

Honestly, I never cared about her so she’s a pass for me. Probably another blue mage in a sea of blue mages dominated by our lord and savior, Reinhardt? 

@Interdimensional ObserverProbably. If it has the likes of Ophelia and some other random children not named Midori, this will be an easy pass just like most of the Legendary Hero banner thing.

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's a NEG- Not Enough Girls. Perky girls make men perk up, and every woman wants them as a BFF because so they're so likable and then they use them in their fanficts. Says the cynic in me.

There’s inevitably much more sausages than pies in this series, so inevitably they have to include more sausages than pies. Otherwise, the pies run out and finita la commedia.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

There’s inevitably much more sausages than pies in this series, so inevitably they have to include more sausages than pies. Otherwise, the pies run out and finita la commedia.

You're assuming humans always choose what is best for the long term. If they did, overfishing to the point of crashing fish stocks wouldn't be a thing. Sustainability is not something humans always keep in mind.