Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm sad Christmas is being skipped over. Just...why? Isn't it the biggest holiday of the year? Yet it isn't on the schedule and there are events listed on it that go into January. ;_;

I decided to blow some orbs on the Hinoka/Takumi banner since I want both and I don't want anyone on the 8% banner as bad. Didn't get either... Though I did finally get Oscar...who had bad IVs, so I foddered him off. At least Reinhardt now has Lancebreaker 3 (he also got Death Blow 3 awhile back from a 5 star Effie that wasn't optimal either). Fates kids don't exist to me, so I won't be pulling on that banner either.

I might do a few pulls on the 8% banner... But otherwise, December offers nothing to me so far except what we already saw in the Feh channel. I'm sad...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're assuming humans always choose what is best for the long term. If they did, overfishing to the point of crashing fish stocks wouldn't be a thing. Sustainability is not something humans always keep in mind.

Humans are dumb. Just how have they still not gone extinct yet?

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm sad Christmas is being skipped over. Just...why? Isn't it the biggest holiday of the year? Yet it isn't on the schedule and there are events listed on it that go into January. ;_;

I decided to blow some orbs on the Hinoka/Takumi banner since I want both and I don't want anyone on the 8% banner as bad. Didn't get either... Though I did finally get Oscar...who had bad IVs, so I foddered him off. At least Reinhardt now has Lancebreaker 3 (he also got Death Blow 3 awhile back from a 5 star Effie that wasn't optimal either). Fates kids don't exist to me, so I won't be pulling on that banner either.

I might do a few pulls on the 8% banner... But otherwise, December offers nothing to me so far except what we already saw in the Feh channel. I'm sad...

They’ll probably do what they did with the Halloween banner again: Bring up the Christmas banner late in December and just showing silhouettes of 2 characters like they’ve done with previous seasonal banners. Christmas is too big for them to just...miss out on. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

They’ll probably do what they did with the Halloween banner again: Bring up the Christmas banner late in December. 

Why would they do that? It wouldn't make any sense. Christmas is over late in December. Not to mention that's also a different holiday anyway (New Year's).

And it still would be on the schedule if it was going to be a thing, since it lists events going into January.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would they do that? It wouldn't make any sense. Christmas is over late in December. Not to mention that's also a different holiday anyway (New Year's).

And it still would be on the schedule if it was going to be a thing, since it lists events going into January.

It doesn’t need to make sense. They already did the whole late seasonal banner thing with their Halloween banner. Last time I remember, they kept stuff hidden from the schedule the last time they did one. The SS banner was not in the schedule map thing; only the Valter GHB was there. Besides, this is a gacha game; they will not skip Christmas. 

They like to tease when it comes with seasonal banners. Christmas won’t be any different. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It doesn’t need to make sense. They already did the whole late seasonal banner thing with their Halloween banner. Last time I remember, they kept stuff hidden from the schedule the last time they did one. The SS banner was not in the schedule map thing; only the Valter GHB was there. Besides, this is a gacha game; they will not skip Christmas. 

The Halloween banner wasn't dropped after Halloween though. This Christmas banner would be going live after Christmas is over by your logic.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The Halloween banner wasn't dropped after Halloween though. This Christmas banner would be going live after Christmas is over by your logic.

Just the day before. It still counts as “late” due to it going through most of November. Christmas banner will most likely do the same. This a gacha game so skipping what would be the biggest chance to get money from the players would be asinine. This is the Halloween banner all over again. 

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Just the day before. It still counts as “late” due to it going through most of November. Christmas banner will most likely do the same. This a gacha game so skipping what would be the biggest chance to get money from the players would be asinine. This is the Halloween banner all over again. 

Well unlike Halloween, the "Christmas spirit" lingers for a while thereafter, I don't consider the Christmas season over until January 2nd, or if you want to go the 12 days of Christmas, you have until Epiphany on the 6th. At the latest, you can keep Christmas decor up until Valentine's Day, any longer and I have the right to arrest you. That's gracious enough a grace period.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Weren’t there leaks of a Christmas themed Robin and Tharja?

There was, it's from long ago, since Heroes was supposed to release around this time last year, but got delayed. Who knows what else they'll have in store for us? Hopefully they'll have taken the time to update Tharj and Rob's weapons, skills and BSTs. Since what flew high back in February doesn't necessarily fly now. The days of Takumination and Hector havoc are over.

On the subject of a Christmas banner, I am sure there will be one and it not being on the calendar does not seem strange to me since they like to keep mum about banners like that until the last minute.  Of course I am looking at it as more orbs, since I really don't care about Christmas banners but I know there are people who want it.  Late December is a safe bet and I can live with it releasing close to the holiday.  @Anacybele just save your orbs for the Christmas banner, I am sure it will happen even if it is like the Halloween banner the likely hood of IS missing a chance to make money on this game is very low.  I like the fact that IS does not release the holiday banners far in advance, I get mad when I have Christmas stuff shoved in my face in October, and it happening Christmas week makes a whole lot of sense.

40 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I still think it would've made more sense for Halloween to drop at the start of October and for Christmas to drop at the start of December. But I can't control what IS does.

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

On the subject of a Christmas banner, I am sure there will be one and it not being on the calendar does not seem strange to me since they like to keep mum about banners like that until the last minute.  Of course I am looking at it as more orbs, since I really don't care about Christmas banners but I know there are people who want it.  Late December is a safe bet and I can live with it releasing close to the holiday.  @Anacybele just save your orbs for the Christmas banner, I am sure it will happen even if it is like the Halloween banner the likely hood of IS missing a chance to make money on this game is very low.  I like the fact that IS does not release the holiday banners far in advance, I get mad when I have Christmas stuff shoved in my face in October, and it happening Christmas week makes a whole lot of sense.

I already blew most of my orbs though... But I could save up more again for some other banner that might interest me in January. If Christmas still happens too though, awesome.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still think it would've made more sense for Halloween to drop at the start of October and for Christmas to drop at the start of December. But I can't control what IS does.

They've obviously been timing the holiday banners so that the characters are Arena bonus characters during the holiday itself.

The banners were clearly originally designed to last for 2 weeks and not 4. If it helps put your mind at ease, pretend the banner disappears immediately when the next new character banner starts (because that's what it would have done before they extended the length of the limited banners).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They've obviously been timing the holiday banners so that the characters are Arena bonus characters during the holiday itself.

The banners were clearly originally designed to last for 2 weeks and not 4. If it helps put your mind at ease, pretend the banner disappears immediately when the next new character banner starts (because that's what it would have done before they extended the length of the limited banners).

Yeah, that is true. And fair enough.

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

This. I love Cain in Heroes, such a fun voice. GORED BY THE HORNS!!

Yeah, he's great. I love his "Wha-?! Oh, it's you." The only weird thing is when you select him when he's in your castle, he'll say his first map select line which is "Attack!" It's so out of place, but whatever. "On it!" would have been more appropriate.

Christmas Cain would be full of puns. Cain wielding a candy cane and riding a reindeer that can fly. :p

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Main want for a christmas themed banner: KFC bucket (dagger) user.

I'll actually give in to microtransactions and pay as much as possible to get that.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That feeling you get when the character you thought was +SPD/-ATK was actually... +RES/-ATK.

So both my Mia and Lute are +RES/-ATK. Unreal...

Hey, at least your Lute is +RES, so she can pretty reliably use Ploy skills and tank mages, and you could give her an ATK +3 Sacred Seal and/or Fury to fix her ATK bane (Fury also gives Lute 40 RES, so damn near everyone's getting Ployed, but the recoil might not be so desirable on such a low-HP unit). She's still workable, though not optimal.

Mia tho... Yeah, that's not great, though her ATK bane should be fixed by Resolute Blade. Maybe she can run Iceberg/Glacies decently? She's probably workable as well, though I wouldn't know how exactly.
Still, if you don't want to use your Mia, now you have Flashing Blade fodder! Not sure who would benefit from that besides Mia (Ayra? I know she has it on her personal weapon, but can she also run Flashing Blade with it or would it be redundant?), but maybe someone in the future'll want it.

29 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Maybe she can run Iceberg/Glacies decently?

+Res doesn't magically make you viable for Iceberg or Glacies. 29 Res is not all that great. Moonbow, Luna, or Glimmer would generally be better.

31 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

(Ayra? I know she has it on her personal weapon, but can she also run Flashing Blade with it or would it be redundant?)

The skill descriptions on both Flashing Blade and Ayra's Blade literally say they don't stack.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Res doesn't magically make you viable for Iceberg or Glacies. 29 Res is not all that great. Moonbow, Luna, or Glimmer would generally be better.

Yeah, Moonbow/Luna would be better. I guess I didn't think that all the way through.
Glimmer, though? I don't see how that would be better than Moonbow/Luna for Mia, unless the +10 damage from Resolute Blade is factored in before Glimmer adds 50% to damage dealt?

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The skill descriptions on both Flashing Blade and Ayra's Blade literally say they don't stack.

How did I miss that?
Well, there goes that idea.
I'm guessing Ayra's Blade wouldn't stack with Heavy Blade either?

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

I'm guessing Ayra's Blade wouldn't stack with Heavy Blade either?

They stack, but not additively. Namely, you get the benefit of +1 charge per attack if you satisfy at least one criterion:

• If your Atk is greater than your opponent's, but your Spd isn't, you get 2 charges per attack due to Heavy Blade.
  • If your Spd is greater than your opponent's, but your Atk isn't, you get 2 charges per attack due to Ayra's Blade.
  • If your Atk and Spd are greater than your opponent's, you get 2 charges per attack due to Heavy Blade or Ayra's Blade, but not both.
  • If neither your Atk nor Spd are greater than your opponent's you get 1 charge per attack.

If you have both Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade, your opponent has Guard, and all three skills are active, you get 1 charge per attack because only one of Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade can provide +1, and Guard inflicts -1.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Hey, at least your Lute is +RES, so she can pretty reliably use Ploy skills and tank mages, and you could give her an ATK +3 Sacred Seal and/or Fury to fix her ATK bane (Fury also gives Lute 40 RES, so damn near everyone's getting Ployed, but the recoil might not be so desirable on such a low-HP unit). She's still workable, though not optimal.

Mia tho... Yeah, that's not great, though her ATK bane should be fixed by Resolute Blade. Maybe she can run Iceberg/Glacies decently? She's probably workable as well, though I wouldn't know how exactly.
Still, if you don't want to use your Mia, now you have Flashing Blade fodder! Not sure who would benefit from that besides Mia (Ayra? I know she has it on her personal weapon, but can she also run Flashing Blade with it or would it be redundant?), but maybe someone in the future'll want it.

Fury is necessary to increase Lute's offensive power which isn't nearly what I thought it was because she's +RES and not +SPD. It takes RES up to 40 which enables her to survive QP Moonbow Rein. (+ATK and DB3, but he can't be merged, be cav buffed or have the ATK seal)

There's no saving Mia. She's just gimped. Going to give her the ATK seal and Lute the SPD seal for the Tempest. After that they should cap HM. Then unfortunately my favs are probably going to be benched outside of AA. Delthea remains my best Blue Tome and Xander/Olivia/Ike my best swords.

The orbs will come flying in but the best thing to do is to wait until the Legendary banner drops and see where the chips fall. I still kind of want Dorcas but I'm not an idiot. 

Also, who else kind of wants to Promote the Askr Trio and use all of them for the Book II stages? It just... feels right. I think I'm going to promote Alfonse today and Sharena directly before the update.

Edited by Zeo

And just like that, I immediately regret promoting Alfonse to *5. Felt like a waste, but i'm sure it'll be worth it when I have to do the quests with him, that or if the refinery boosts him somehow or he and the other two get an inevitable boost come the anniversary.