• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I dread bringing 4* Alfonse into arena next week. I’m promoting him ASAP so I can be done with all three starting units.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

And just like that, I immediately regret promoting Alfonse to *5. Felt like a waste, but i'm sure it'll be worth it when I have to do the quests with him, that or if the refinery boosts him somehow or he and the other two get an inevitable boost come the anniversary.

I dreaded 5*ing him too, but I did it when I was gonna be stuck with no other bonus unit for 2 weeks. Honestly he put in pretty good work with just his base kit and Swordbreaker. He's not great, but he wasn't quite the shitter I was expecting.

My Valter remains my only regrettable promotion.

>Promoted Alfonse in June.

I have been ready for some time. It's about time Alfonse got some respect off the bench-

>Pretty much benched the Askran trio since August

Eh, they've got plenty of SP in case I need to pass certain skills onto them.

Also, based on what we've seen and the amount of banners that are likely in the future, is anyone doubting there'll be a skill banner to replace the current Death Blow banner?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, based on what we've seen and the amount of banners that are likely in the future, is anyone doubting there'll be a skill banner to replace the current Death Blow banner?

Heroes with Thoron+. It is destined.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Heroes with Thoron+. It is destined.

Would anyone actually use Thoron+ though if they made it available? It not existing isn't as bad as no Firesweep Sword and Firesweep Axe, and no Poleax either. Not that anyone is screaming for the Poleax.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would anyone actually use Thoron+ though if they made it available? It not existing isn't as bad as no Firesweep Sword and Firesweep Axe, and no Poleax either. Not that anyone is screaming for the Poleax.

Firesweep sword and axe not existing isn’t bad, firesweep bow and lance existing is.

I was and am screaming for the poleaxe. Titania’s release was the perfect opportunity to reintroduce it. Alas, lame ugly emerald axe it was.

Sake of completeness. Every other silver weapon+ is playable.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I may not be screaming for the Poleax, but I'm still waiting for Hicks to show up. It'll happen, and when it does, almost nobody will care. But I'll be there to support him, no matter what.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I may not be screaming for the Poleax, but I'm still waiting for Hicks to show up. It'll happen, and when it does, almost nobody will care. But I'll be there to support him, no matter what.

T776 to the rescue! Or they could give us Kieran, perhaps drawn by the artist who did Arthur. He does come with a Steel Poleax in RD (okay, not anti-cav, but it a poleax regardless).

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With weapon refining, you'd be able to get silly things like a Thoron+ with 14 Mt, +5 HP, and +3 Spd.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I dreaded 5*ing him too, but I did it when I was gonna be stuck with no other bonus unit for 2 weeks. Honestly he put in pretty good work with just his base kit and Swordbreaker. He's not great, but he wasn't quite the shitter I was expecting.

I'm going to turn him into a score bot and give him a set with as much SP for points as possible. I'm sure that Nino +1 / Ephraim +1 or Horse Emblem can carry him just so that his sole purpose is to give more points than do anything else. I do wish I had Swordbreaker or Reposition to give some more utility or at least make his Brave Sword set more viable, but oh well. Folkvangr it is.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With weapon refining, you'd be able to get silly things like a Thoron+ with 14 Mt, +5 HP, and +3 Spd.

That sounds like... Agh.

Edited by Nosmur

I don't know if I'll regret this (I think not). It was Alfonse's turn to become a 5* (the first from the Askr trio) but after upgrading an Ogma and giving him Brave Sword+ I started thinking what benefits I would get making him 5*. Turns out there wasn't a lot and Sharena started waving her hands at me to look at her being at 4* Lvl.40 for like 4 months. 

Long story short I promoted Sharena to 5* while Alfonse will get stuck at 4* and Anna at 3*. The sad part here is that I'm pretty sure Fjorm is going to put Sharena in the bench as soon as she gets released.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Sharena is lovely but DC and that flip animation are a pretty tough competition.

¿Porque no los dos?

Sharena is still the best princess, not even icy Sharena can change that.

Edited by Vaximillian

A question for people playing the Japanese version and have played Sacred Stones: how would you describe Valter's portrayal?

I just got around to listening to Valter's Japanese quotes and he seems really different from his English self. Imari Williams gives Valter two voices: a sane voice that's deep and gravely and an insane voice that's high-pitched and clearer. I really like this since the variances between them and his delivery makes Valter sound unsettling. Ohkawa Toru gives Valter one voice that sounds controlled and calm implying Valter is very skilled at hiding how unhinged he is. Ohkawa Toru's performance is fine and I like his Arden, but I prefer Imari William's portrayal of Valter more because of the two voices he gives him.

As I don't know what Valter was like in the Japanese version of Sacred Stones, I don't know if that's what he was supposed to be like, so this could be like Gregor and Henry where they're very different between the Japanese and English versions.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sharena's still probably better against swordies, tanking and buffing.

I went over Fjorm's stats the other day by checking livestream and she has according to the one instance her stats were shown: 39 HP, 30 Atk, 31 Spd, 30 Def, and 34 Res. That gives her 69 total or 50x2 physical and 73 total or 54x2 magical bulk.

Sharena has 43 HP, 32 Atk, 32 Spd, 29 Def, and 22 Res. Sharena would have 72 total or 51x2 physical and 65 total or 44x2 magical bulk. If Fensalir's effect took place, then her physical bulk is effectively 76 total or 55x2 since the enemy would have -4 attack. This does assume there aren't any other attack buffs.

Sharena would be harder to one-shot physically, with or without Fensalir's effect, but this comes at the cost of having much lower magical bulk. I think both of them would be comparable against sword units and buffing since you can always have both of them inherit whatever skills you want. In terms of tanking, Fjorm would be more flexible as she can tank either physical or magical damage and she can counterattack at range in some way. Sharena, however, would be a better sword and lance tank with the extra health she has over Fjorm and also damage since she'd hit a bit harder which would help out against other lance units. Archers and dagger units is a bit iffy since Sharena could take harder hits, but Fjorm could hit back.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sharena's still probably better against swordies, tanking and buffing.

I went over Fjorm's stats the other day by checking livestream and she has according to the one instance her stats were shown: 39 HP, 30 Atk, 31 Spd, 30 Def, and 34 Res. That gives her 69 total or 50x2 physical and 73 total or 54x2 magical bulk.

Sharena has 43 HP, 32 Atk, 32 Spd, 29 Def, and 22 Res. Sharena would have 72 total or 51x2 physical and 65 total or 44x2 magical bulk. If Fensalir's effect took place, then her physical bulk is effectively 76 total or 55x2 since the enemy would have -4 attack. This does assume there aren't any other attack buffs.

Sharena would be harder to one-shot physically, with or without Fensalir's effect, but this comes at the cost of having much lower magical bulk. I think both of them would be comparable against sword units and buffing since you can always have both of them inherit whatever skills you want. In terms of tanking, Fjorm would be more flexible as she can tank either physical or magical damage and she can counterattack at range in some way. Sharena, however, would be a better sword and lance tank with the extra health she has over Fjorm and also damage since she'd hit a bit harder which would help out against other lance units. Archers and dagger units is a bit iffy since Sharena could take harder hits, but Fjorm could hit back.

Edited by Kaden

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, he's great. I love his "Wha-?! Oh, it's you." The only weird thing is when you select him when he's in your castle, he'll say his first map select line which is "Attack!" It's so out of place, but whatever. "On it!" would have been more appropriate.

Christmas Cain would be full of puns. Cain wielding a candy cane and riding a reindeer that can fly. :p

Christmas Cain's Cane would be an axe because we need more axe cavs. And will probably be the closest thing to Kieran.

i like his 'Attack!' quote. He is just eager! Haha. Yeah maybe slightly out of place but then i'm used to Brave Lyn's "THE ENEMY!!!!"

33 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The biggest advantage is that she can be merged to +10 and comes with her own 500 SP skill! She also comes with 3 240 SP passives by default.

Edited by Clogon

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Christmas Cain's Cane would be an axe because we need more axe cavs. And will probably be the closest thing to Kieran.

i like his 'Attack!' quote. He is just eager! Haha. Yeah maybe slightly out of place but then i'm used to Brave Lyn's "THE ENEMY!!!!"

But we also need more sword fliers! Ashnard and sword-wielding Glenn when?

Also, flying reindeers, man! Flying. Reindeers. :p

13 minutes ago, Clogon said:

The biggest advantage is that she can be merged to +10 and comes with her own 500 SP skill! She also comes with 3 240 SP passives by default.

Considering she's a story character and everyone gets her, she could also have the advantage of being a frequent arena bonus unit.

Edited by Kaden