• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I can take him off you any time.

I do want a Roy too, so that I can support him with Cecilia. (Infantry Roy is S with Lilina).

My BRoy have S with Camus lol

My infantry Roy actually got +1 since he spooked me before Sigurd. I'd pair him with Julia 

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Is there any word on who are the characters on the Enduring Love banner?

Nope.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

My BRoy have S with Camus lol

I'd pair him with Julia 

My Camus is S with Xander because Nyna isn’t playable. I would go for the disgusting with Seliph and Julia… if I had Julia.

Oh I forgot Henry had Live for Honor as a B skill.

Looks like I definitely won't be pulling for blue on the 8% banner now, since Halloween Henry has Spring Xander's most useful skill now :D

I guess the 50 orbs spent today were a good investment in the long run!

I continue my quest to hunt for a Dorcas (like seriously I am getting desperate here I even beat some of the Chain Challenges I couldn't be bothered beating before) and this game continues to troll me by giving me no greens. 

I'll probably use a team of Dorcas, "Marth", Reinhardt, and Greenigo for my Tempest Team.  If Marth or Inigo max HM, I'll switch out them for another Falchion healer or Dancer.  Can't wait to unleash the Mutton Man!  I wish they started the Tempests on Saturday or Sunday.  I always have the most hype for them the first few days, but during the week, I can't play as much.

Huh, was trying to post in a different thread and have been told I got blocked due to malformed content Oo It was only a reply about Robin, nothing sinister and no images lol 

Oh well. Annoyed to once again see all the new 5*s as 40% units, but glad I have CYL Ike to see me through. I'm interested to see this TT, personally :) 

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Huh, was trying to post in a different thread and have been told I got blocked due to malformed content Oo It was only a reply about Robin, nothing sinister and no images lol 

Oh well. Annoyed to once again see all the new 5*s as 40% units, but glad I have CYL Ike to see me through. I'm interested to see this TT, personally :) 

Maybe you could PM a mod or admin about that.  Maybe it was a glitch.

I can't remember the last time we got a 4* to be a bonus unit (was it when we got Boey and May like three or four months ago?).  It seems this is the new norm now.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe you could PM a mod or admin about that.  Maybe it was a glitch.

I can't remember the last time we got a 4* to be a bonus unit (was it when we got Boey and May like three or four months ago?).  It seems this is the new norm now.

I'll see if it happens again, since I didn't note down what I put and it let me post in there again after I deleted everything (no curses or anything in there, so not sure). I couldn't be bothered to type out the whole thing again, though, so it was a lot shorter...

Yeah... It's a new norm I really don't want to see continue >.< I bet it will. I guess they need to sell units somehow... 

15 hours ago, Kaden said:

Considering she's a story character and everyone gets her, she could also have the advantage of being a frequent arena bonus unit.

Oh god, I didn't even think about this! Damn, I feel the need to whale for her now. Cute waifu, villager stats, 500 SP special and reacurring arena bonus? Holy.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Rawrblade Katarina is beautiful. SP cost for the weapons is a lot though, so she only has Desperation 1 for now and Chilling Wind.

Planning to unleash her with Axura in TT and get those sweet sweet SP. Sorry Arvis, but Axura is going to have a new waifu,

I'm very painfully jealous happy to hear that! I've still got that pity breaker 5-star Tharja hanging around until she shows up for me.

I can relate to the SP grind. I'm working to give Catria a Brave Lance+ and Galeforce right now. Thank heavens that the Tempest is coming around so soon.

I'm lucky enough to have all three regular dancers plus PA Olivia... but they've all maxed their HM, so that doesn't really matter much anyway. I think I'll be going for a team of PA Olivia, Catria, Brave Roy, and Klein, at least until people start maxing their HM.

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

Oh god, I didn't even think about this! Damn, I feel the need to whale for her now. Cute waifu, villager stats, 500 SP special and reacurring arena bonus? Holy.

Well, we don't know if she's going to be a recurring arena bonus hero, but considering she is a story character like the Askr trio, there's that sliver of a chance.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was already asked and answered, but with Night Sky, Glimmer, and Astra being given lowered cooldowns, would Glimmer be more comparable or in certain situations be even better than Draconic Aura now?

DA is a 3 charge special that takes 30% of your attack, but after the update, Glimmer will be a 2 charge special that takes the damage you would be dealing and adding 50% to it. I remember it was said that DA and DF outstrip Glimmer and Astra in damage and it's only in the extreme case of everyone's going to die regardless that Glimmer and Astra are better than DA and DF.

Now I'm wondering how Glimmer would compare to Moonbow with Wo Dao and Dark Excalibur. Also, Wo Dao and Noontime looks interesting since Noontime would have the same cooldown as Glimmer and Moonbow where you're trading damage for healing. I wished Daylight, Noontime, Sol, and Aether had a minimum amount of HP they healed. Even if it was just 1 HP since it's disappointing when they activate and the user doesn't get any health back.

Quick Edit: Forgot to tag you, @Ice Dragon since you did the math for comparing DA and DF to Glimmer and Astra a while back.

Edit: Did a quick, dirty check with the damage calculator and outside of Mia, Glimmer lets Athena, Karel, and Sonya kill more than with Moonbow. I think Mia's attack with Resolute Blade is so high that Glimmer ends up being weaker than Moonbow. Something like she doesn't need the extra damage anymore and she only wants you to have even less defense so she can kill you more easily.

Spoiler

Against vanilla units and as their default selves, =Atk Athena activating Moonbow gets 131 wins, 5 losses, and 54 draws. If +Atk, she gets 146 wins, 5 losses, and 39 draws and if -Atk, she gets 113 wins, 5 losses, and 72 draws. With Glimmer, =Atk Athena gets 140 wins, 5 losses, and 45 draws. If +Atk, 148 wins, 5 losses, and 37 draws and if -Atk, 116 wins, 5 losses, and 69 losses with Glimmer.

With Moonbow, =Atk Karel gets 81 wins, 7 losses, and 102 draws. If +Atk, 106 wins, 7 losses, and 77 draws and if -Atk, 56 wins, 9 losses, and 125 draws. With Glimmer, =Atk Karel gets 85 wins, 7 losses, and 98 draws. If +Atk, 112 wins, 7 losses, and 71 draws and if -Atk, 59 wins, 8 losses, and 123 draws.

With Moonbow, =Atk Sonya gets 129 wins, 7 losses, and 54 draws with Moonbow. If +Atk, 139 wins, 6 losses, and 45 draws. and if -Atk, 112 wins, 10 losses, and 68 draws. With Glimmer, =Atk Sonya gets 135 wins, 5 losses, and 50 draw. If +Atk, 156 wins, 2 losses, and 32 draws and if -Atk, 117 wins, 7 losses, and 66 draws.

The exception out of the default Wo Dao or Wo Dao effect weapon users, =Atk Mia with Moonbow gets 155 wins, 6 losses, and 29 draws. If +Atk, 164 wins, 6 losses, and 20 draws and if -Atk, 145 wins, 6 losses, and 39 draws. With Glimmer, =Atk Mia gets 154 wins, 6 losses, and 30 draws. If +Atk, 162 wins, 5 losses, and 23 draws and if -Atk, 150 wins, 6 losses, and 34 draws.

Oh cool, Kagero Chart lets me do this without having to make a custom character. =Atk Merric with Dark Excalbur gets 56 wins, 4 losses, and 130 draws with Moonbow. If +Atk, 91 wins, 4 losses, and 95 draws and if -Atk, 32 wins, 6 losses, and 152 draws. With Glimmer, =Atk Merric gets 68 wins, 4 losses, and 118 draws. If +Atk, 103 wins, 4 losses, and 83 draws and if -Atk, 44 wins, 5 losses, and 141 draws.

Edited by Kaden

40 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was already asked and answered, but with Night Sky, Glimmer, and Astra being given lowered cooldowns, would Glimmer be more comparable or in certain situations be even better than Draconic Aura now?

The problem with these skills don't change even with the lower CD. They help you kill things that you could already kill before but does not help alleviate bad match-ups.

You need to have high ATK and the opponent low DEF/RES for these skills to show significant damage increases. The other specials not only disregard this difference, they also disregard the Weapon Triangle (WT from now on).

For Glimmer to be > than Moonblow you need to do the following:

(ATK-DEF/RES)*0.5>(DEF/RES)*0.3

0.5ATK-0.5DES/RES>0.3DEF/RES

0.5ATK>0.8DEF/RES

ATK>1.6DEF/RES

This means your ATK must be more than 60% higher than the opponent's DEF/RES after applying WT for Glimmer to do more damage than Moonblow. Wo Dao does not change this at all since it is added after damage calculation of Glimmer.

If you are doing 60% more damage than the defensive stat, the opponent is mostly dead and Glimmer is unessential. For example, lets assume the target has 30 def. This means you need 50 ATK after WT for Glimmer>Moonblow:

(Glimmer damage = 20+30 = 50 damage)>(Moonblow damage = 20+29 = 49 damage). As you can see, most people are already dead by the time Glimmer is better than Moonblow using the average 30 Def and 40 HP stat.

The only time Glimmer is essenstial would be Tomes/Staves/Breaths to allow easier OHKO's since most units have low Res.

Edited by Clogon

@Clogon, I did a quick and dirty check that I edited into my previous post. I was also looking at it mainly from a Wo Dao perspective since Wo Dao and Moonbow is used because of how well they combo with each other. With Glimmer and Noontime becoming 2 charge specials, they would be alternatives to Moonbow and Reprisal.

So, 43 total attack (30 average and 13 Mt Wo Dao+) aka =Atk Karel's attack. Glimmer's damage would be: [((43 attack * WTA) - X defense) * (1 + 0.5 Glimmer)] + 10 Wo Dao. Against 25 defense units, 37 neutral damage, 49 WTA damage, and 25 WTD damage. Against 35 defense units, 22 neutral damage, 34 WTA damage, and 10 WTD damage purely from Wo Dao. Against 20 defense units, 44 neutral damage, 56 WTA damage, and 32 WTD damage.

Moonbow's damage would be [(43 attack * WTA) - (X defense * (1 - 0.3 Moonbow))] + 10 Wo Dao. Against 25 defense units, 35 neutral damage, 43 WTA damage, and 27 WTD damage. Against 35 defense units, 28 neutral damage, 36 WTA damage, and 20 WTD damage. Against 20 defense units, 39 neutral damage, 47 WTA damage, and 31 WTD damage.

So, in this specific case of Wo Dao/weapons with a Wo Dao effect and Glimmer and Moonbow, Glimmer has higher damage if the user is neutral or has WTA and if the opponent has lower defense or resistance. Moonbow scales much better with higher defense or resistance and has stronger WTD damage. Considering the defense and resistance of units, Glimmer looks like it would be better for Merric and Sonya since resistance is generally lower and Glimmer still does comparable damage even with WTD. Moonbow would be more reliable for physical units since defense is generally high. That being said, for people who want a character to obliterate units they are neutral or have WTA against, Glimmer might be preferred for either physical or magical units.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Glimmer has higher damage if the user is neutral or has WTA and if the opponent has lower defense or resistance.

This is true regardless of Wo Dao. I specified the exact range at which this is true. As long as your attack is 1.6x the def/res of the opponent after WT, then Glimmer>Moonblow.

I find there is little point in doing calculations vs vanilla units especially if you are planning for Advance Arena (fury increases peoples def and LaD prevents doubles, not to mention merges) or Lunatic/Inferno PVE (inflated stats). I rarely ever see a melee unit with less than 30 def outside of glasscannon nukers which I won't be doubling since they are too fast. Not to say new Glimmer will be bad, your conclusion is just too broad.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I would go for the disgusting with Seliph and Julia… if I had Julia.

From sentiments thou has expressed before, would you do LanaxSeliph if the original ba ba staff sheep was in?

As for Nyna, I'm afraid they'll overemphasize her SD/NM outfit's kinda bizarre blue split breast aspect. Who decided on that?

Edit: Random desire, I wish Kazuma Kaneko of SMT fame did some character designs for this game.

And whomever does Etrian Odyssey class designs- they're so good. The ladies can be scanty, but also modest. The men manly sometimes, but other times androgynous (and the ladies the same). Happy cute and badass angry alike coexist in EO. Not saying all designs are perfect, but they're great.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer