Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From sentiments thou has expressed before, would you do LanaxSeliph if the original ba ba staff sheep was in?

As for Nyna, I'm afraid they'll overemphasize her SD/NM outfit's kinda bizarre blue split breast aspect. Who decided on that?

Naturally. Lana > Julia for Seliph.

Nyna’s DS gown is pretty though. Overly elaborate—in contrast to Elice’s rather simple yet elegant dress—but pretty nonetheless.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Kaden @Clogon

When not at weapon triangle disadvantage, these are Atk thresholds where having more than that much Atk lets Glimmer deal more damage than Moonbow:

• 28 Def → 44 Atk (37 Atk at weapon triangle advantage) 16 + 24 = 40 damage
  • 30 Def → 48 Atk (40 Atk) 18 + 27 = 45 damage
  • 35 Def → 55 Atk (46 Atk) 20 + 30 = 50 damage
  • 40 Def → 64 Atk (54 Atk) 24 + 36 = 60 damage

If you are guaranteed a double attack, Moonbow is generally going to be better because you are already dealing enough damage to kill the opponent, and even more so with a Wo Dao.

However, for slow and heavy-hitting units, like Litrblade users and Triangle Adept nukes, Glimmer has a better chance of making a single hit count, and that's where I see Glimmer having the most value.

As for the comparison between Glimmer and Draconic Aura, it's a matter of the charge time and not the damage. If Moonbow wasn't already on the table, then Glimmer isn't either.

Also, @Clogon, it's Moonbow, as in a rainbow made from moonlight.

Raigh and Fae look like they'd fit in really well with the EO characters, but unfortunately they stand out a bit from the style of most other characters in this game. Aside from a few artists whose styles I just really don't like, I think almost all of the artwork is good. But not all of them really "fit" together and look cohesive. For example, the characters done by Senri Kita and Sachiko Wada have their differences, but they look cohesive enough to coexist in the same universe. Same with Kozaki's work, even if there are some differences between the styles.

Raigh would make a pretty cool EO alchemist though.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

This is true regardless of Wo Dao. I specified the exact range at which this is true. As long as your attack is 1.6x the def/res of the opponent after WT, then Glimmer>Moonblow.

I find there is little point in doing calculations vs vanilla units especially if you are planning for Advance Arena (fury increases peoples def and LaD prevents doubles, not to mention merges) or Lunatic/Inferno PVE (inflated stats). I rarely ever see a melee unit with less than 30 def outside of glasscannon nukers which I won't be doubling since they are too fast. Not to say new Glimmer will be bad, your conclusion is just too broad.

I'm gonna jump around a bit with responding to this. My use of having someone pitted against vanilla units is just to get a general idea of what could happen. If I'm planning a specific build, then I'm not even going to bother since my focus on Heroes is the PvE content and I'm just going to make counter builds for whatever map I'm tackling. Gordin and Ogma are going to be on these maps? Say hello to M!Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker.

As for calculations, they're not against vanilla units? Unless this refers to the other post with Athena, Karel, Mia, Sonya, and Merric. I just had 20, 25, and 35 defense be benchmarks to compare Glimmer and Moonbow.

As for Glimmer, I still think it's bad. The Night Sky skills except for Galeforce went from being specials I would never consider using to I would consider using Glimmer on Merric, Sonya, and any future Excalibur mages since they would be able to access Dark Excalibur. Being mages, they can get away with Glimmer having to factor in the weapon triangle when resistance is the weaker of the defensive stats, but even then, I would rather use Bonfire/Iceberg or Ignis/Glacies or DA or DF to explode units with Dark Excalibur -- Sonya herself is fine with Moonbow as well. That's just a personal preference.

As you noted, the Night Sky skills improves the users ability to deal with units they are supposed to deal with and Moonbow already does that while allowing them to go against the weapon triangle. For physical units who have to deal with a stronger defensive stat, the cost of lower damage against higher defense units and units they have WTD against is not worth it to me.

@Ice Dragon, thanks.

Got most of Henry's skills together! Still need more SP for Glimmer and Vantage 3, though. I'd previously been avoiding upgrading characters to 5* just for inheritance, but I'd passed 40k feathers with no more 3-4* units that feel like they'd offer a relevant contribution over ones I already have, so this feels like a good time to start.

Turns out he's -Atk, +HP, which is about as bad as he could get, but a worst-nature Henry is still pretty fantastic.

tumblr_oznbnd2IUE1sn35pqo1_1280.png

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Raigh and Fae look like they'd fit in really well with the EO characters, but unfortunately they stand out a bit from the style of most other characters in this game. Aside from a few artists whose styles I just really don't like, I think almost all of the artwork is good. But not all of them really "fit" together and look cohesive. For example, the characters done by Senri Kita and Sachiko Wada have their differences, but they look cohesive enough to coexist in the same universe. Same with Kozaki's work, even if there are some differences between the styles.

Raigh would make a pretty cool EO alchemist though.

That's because Raigh and Fae were drawn by the same guy that does EO illustrations~! :P:

I'm thinking I might end up raising my +RES -HP Seliph. Now I know he prefers having +ATK, but with Divine Tyrfing just around the corner, he'd have a solid 44/53/27/33/31 spread with Fury. My (+HP -SPD) Sigurd's got 44/51/29/34/20 which gets the job done. I could slap Deflect Magic on Seliph as well, and he'd pretty much laugh at mages. 

Omg. I just ran the stats in the battle simulator just to see how buff Rein needed to be to take out Seliph. +10 merges, Deathblow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry and a Goad Cavalry, ATK+3 seal, and just for fun, I had Luna activating on the second hit (even though I'm pretty sure that couldn't happen). Seliph still manages to survive with 1 HP. That's kinda' beautiful.

@Rafiel's Aria I actually just brought this up in the banner thread, but yeah, I'm thinking about building my own +Atk/-Spd +1 Seliph. Divine Tyrfing, Moonbow, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte give him over 130 kills on enemy phase, according to the simulator. Seliph might finally have a niche he can succeed in!

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Rafiel's Aria I actually just brought this up in the banner thread, but yeah, I'm thinking about building my own +Atk/-Spd +1 Seliph. Divine Tyrfing, Moonbow, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte give him over 130 kills on enemy phase, according to the simulator. Seliph might finally have a niche he can succeed in!

I'm definitely going to keep on the lookout for a +ATK Seliph...but just for enraging people who can't oneshot him with their Reins or -blade mages in the Arena would be kind of hilarious. It looks like he can survive a +10 LaD Blade!Linde with up to +14 buffs but only if he gets a Fortify RES. 

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

That's because Raigh and Fae were drawn by the same guy that does EO illustrations~! :P:

Does the new class art for eo5 had one that looks like raigh

Its been 2 weeks and my eo5 is still packed lol

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm definitely going to keep on the lookout for a +ATK Seliph...but just for enraging people who can't oneshot him with their Reins or -blade mages in the Arena would be kind of hilarious. It looks like he can survive a +10 LaD Blade!Linde with up to +14 buffs but only if he gets a Fortify RES. 

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Unfortunately, my Seliph can't survive your example Reinhardt if the Goad is added, so yours may be more ideal, at least for now. Who would've thought that someday, a +Res Seliph would actually be a great thing to have, and possibly better than even a +Atk one?

Either way, I'm gonna need as many Hectors as I can get in the upcoming banner. There are like 5-10 units in my barracks that would love that Distant Counter.

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Does the new class art for eo5 had one that looks like raigh

Its been 2 weeks and my eo5 is still packed lol

Here is the official website with all classes and class art shown:

https://atlus.com/etrian5/characters.html 

Nothing is really all that close. There is green haired Shaman, and  a green haired male Warlock  too- but its much older looking. The really dark-skinned Pugilist might have dark green hair, but it's possibly black, at least its younger than the Warlock though.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Kaden @Clogon

When not at weapon triangle disadvantage, these are Atk thresholds where having more than that much Atk lets Glimmer deal more damage than Moonbow:

• 28 Def → 44 Atk (37 Atk at weapon triangle advantage) 16 + 24 = 40 damage
  • 30 Def → 48 Atk (40 Atk) 18 + 27 = 45 damage
  • 35 Def → 55 Atk (46 Atk) 20 + 30 = 50 damage
  • 40 Def → 64 Atk (54 Atk) 24 + 36 = 60 damage

If you are guaranteed a double attack, Moonbow is generally going to be better because you are already dealing enough damage to kill the opponent, and even more so with a Wo Dao.

However, for slow and heavy-hitting units, like Litrblade users and Triangle Adept nukes, Glimmer has a better chance of making a single hit count, and that's where I see Glimmer having the most value.

As for the comparison between Glimmer and Draconic Aura, it's a matter of the charge time and not the damage. If Moonbow wasn't already on the table, then Glimmer isn't either.

Also, @Clogon, it's Moonbow, as in a rainbow made from moonlight.

The numbers don't contradict what I stated ATK>1.6 DEF/RES but I must have misread something somewhere. I am glad you agree with my conclusion of Glimmer being better for OHKO's.

Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Clogon

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Unfortunately, my Seliph can't survive your example Reinhardt if the Goad is added, so yours may be more ideal, at least for now. Who would've thought that someday, a +Res Seliph would actually be a great thing to have, and possibly better than even a +Atk one?

Either way, I'm gonna need as many Hectors as I can get in the upcoming banner. There are like 5-10 units in my barracks that would love that Distant Counter.

Same. I want Wrathful Staff and Distant counter. XD I dunno' if I'll get super lucky or not...I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to spend for potential fodder or start saving again. I'm not very good at this. XD

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Got most of Henry's skills together! Still need more SP for Glimmer and Vantage 3, though. I'd previously been avoiding upgrading characters to 5* just for inheritance, but I'd passed 40k feathers with no more 3-4* units that feel like they'd offer a relevant contribution over ones I already have, so this feels like a good time to start.

Turns out he's -Atk, +HP, which is about as bad as he could get, but a worst-nature Henry is still pretty fantastic.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oznbnd2IUE1sn35pqo1_1280.png

I just finished power levelling up my Henry today and he's so fun to use! Marching with the BK, swatting away pesky blue mages, it's such a delight to use a Henry that's actually good stat-wise!

Also I found out SP grinding him in the Arena during the bonus week gave him better SP gains than in the training tower. I have like 300 crests anyway, so why not.

Also found a Vantage Halloween Sakura in AA. That's actually pretty great for a B skill since she's a great mage killer (of course Guard has its uses, too)

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Oh, I know that :P:

But they still stick out like a sore thumb amongst the more FE-esque styles.

Playing Ultra Sun obsessively. Tonight's been the first night-time I've had since I got access to Quick Balls, so I went searching for some Night Pokemon. Went looking on Route 8 for Rattata.

...No joke, I found 5 Stufful first. Why can't have this kind of luck when I'm putting actual finite resources (that can't be savescummed) on the line? I'm barely even getting red orbs to make legitimate attempts at Elincia...

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Playing Ultra Sun obsessively. Tonight's been the first night-time I've had since I got access to Quick Balls, so I went searching for some Night Pokemon. Went looking on Route 8 for Rattata.

...No joke, I found 5 Stufful first. Why can't have this kind of luck when I'm putting actual finite resources (that can't be savescummed) on the line? I'm barely even getting red orbs to make legitimate attempts at Elincia...

It's usually green orbs for me :/

and geh I'm going to find it hard juggling the TT with Ultra Sun this coming week

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Is Stufful stupidly rare appearance rate wise compared to Ratata?

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's usually green orbs for me :/

and geh I'm going to find it hard juggling the TT with Ultra Sun this coming week

I have three dedicated FEH times, only one of which overlaps with Ultra Sun time.

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Is Stufful stupidly rare appearance rate wise compared to Ratata?

Rattata is 30% and Stufful is 5%. Unless Ultra Sun changed the rates from Sun, but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be dramatically so.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

I have three dedicated FEH times, only one of which overlaps with Ultra Sun time.

Rattata is 30% and Stufful is 5%. Unless Ultra Sun changed the rates from Sun, but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be dramatically so.

I remember talking to the guy who wanted a Stufful in Sun. Boom. First encounter so I thought it wasn't rare.

The fact remains that, in Heroes terms, I summoned 5 5* units with no negative pity rate (a normal banner has 3+3% 5* chances at base) before I summoned a single 4* 3* unit.

Again, Pokemon requires no resources to generate random encounters, while Heroes requires a finite resource to generate summons. But still... why do the random encounter tables mock me regardless of game?

(Also, I'm not even getting Setsunas out of my opening colourless stones when no reds lie around. We need a new Bowbreaker option.)