Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Wait how do the mage fliers rank in terms of best mage flier again?

just so i can decide whether to go for Nowitch or Bunmilla with my limited orbs

@KongDude She has one of the best support conversation pools in fates (especially Nohrian related convos like Beruka's), has a great English VA, is a rare female infantry lancer and rocks memorable lines like 'You're gonna need stitches' and 'You are so last season!'

I like her stance in Fates as well when she holds a naginata.

Yeah like Rezzy said, probably Corrin.

Well, I guess that makes sense. Still waiting on @Arcanite's answer for it...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@mcsilas and @KongDude: also a great class design, stylish hair, and nice colour scheme. And that cute smile!

*snip*

...Placed next to each other like that, and with the same hair color, Kana's hair really looks like a mini version of Oboro's. That feels weird to notice...

@Rezzy @KongDude oh okay thanks. Well looks like i'll try for Camilla then since Corrin's not available yet. More anti-meta greens are always useful.

Oh speaking of Count Henry i've been enjoying using him to shrug off Reinhardts. I think he's my favourite seasonal unit now, although Frederick was also fun and hilarious when you seal every stat. 

@Poimagic Funnily i was just toying with an Distant Counter, Bowbreaker Arthur in the calcs this morning after being annoyed at the Lynhardt pairs in AA. Well even without Distant Counter he has some physical bulk.

5 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

What did you give her from Katarina? Swift Sparrow, Attack Ploy, or Glacies?

First off, I was pretty much going into work at the time of my last post and I only got off a half an hour ago so that's why you're only getting this now.

Anyways, Swift Sparrow. That along with promoting her to a 5* was my way of rewarding her for finishing out her improbable VG run. I literally only went through with it because I said I would in the last VG topic if she actually won.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

First off, I was pretty much going into work at the time of my last post and I only got off a half an hour ago so that's why you're only getting this now.

Anyways, Swift Sparrow. That along with promoting her to a 5* was my way of rewarding her for finishing out her improbable VG run. I literally only went through with it because I said I would in the last VG topic if she actually won.

No worries, schedules and all that, I understand.

That's perfectly fair, then. It's a 5-star only skill anyway, so there's not really anyone else to get it from, besides a seasonal unit and two other 5-star only characters. I kinda wanted to promote a Shanna too after the VG... but I don't have a single Shanna. Which is part of why I'm going to be pulling on blues in the upcoming banner, despite Xander and Fjorm possibly ruining me.

28 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I actually paired my MU in my first Revelations run. Forgot about that.

Pairing her up with Ryoma makes for an Ike-looking Shiro. Even more if you have the Vanguard reclass option.

Plus Spear Fighter family!

@Vaximillian yeah she has a rocking design, but i also wanted to put reasons other than looks in heh

Edited by mcsilas

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

No worries, schedules and all that, I understand.

That's perfectly fair, then. It's a 5-star only skill anyway, so there's not really anyone else to get it from, besides a seasonal unit and two other 5-star only characters. I kinda wanted to promote a Shanna too after the VG... but I don't have a single Shanna. Which is part of why I'm going to be pulling on blues in the upcoming banner, despite Xander and Fjorm possibly ruining me.

Shanna is someone I've never had problems getting enough off up to this point. Aside from my now 5*, I've got five spares of her (three 4*, two 3*) around right now. Too bad Selena and/or Barst don't come around as often for me as Shanna does since I never get enough of either to fill my Reposition needs.

I'll be pulling blues (and every other color for that matter) on next week's banner too since SF!Xander and BB!Caeda are among the seasonal heroes I missed out on. While I'd actually like to have Caeda, getting Xander is pretty much just an obligation. I don't even need him for Live for Honor since, as I previously mentioned, I have ToD!Henry. Perhaps if I'm lucky, I'll get Mae and/or Tailtiu along the way.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Shanna is someone I've never had problems getting enough off up to this point. Aside from my now 5*, I've got five spares of her (three 4*, two 3*) around right now. Too bad Selena and/or Barst don't come around as often for me as Shanna does since I never get enough of either to fill my Reposition needs.

I'll be pulling blues (and every other color for that matter) on next week's banner too since SF!Xander and BB!Caeda are among the seasonal heroes I missed out on. While I'd actually like to have Caeda, getting Xander is pretty much just an obligation. I don't even need him for Live for Honor since, as I previously mentioned, I have ToD!Henry. Perhaps if I'm lucky, I'll get Mae and/or Tailtiu along the way.

I think my issue is that I haven't pulled on blues specifically since... wow, probably since the Nohrian Summer banner. I did try for Tailtiu on the Holy War banner, but I got her on my third pull, so I got almost no fodder from that.

I'm definitely hoping for Caeda most since I missed her originally, and she was the character I wanted most from her banner. Xander will at least give me another spot in the Catalog, and I guess merges and better boons/banes for Fjorm can't hurt, but Caeda is the main goal for sure. And of course, Shannas, Oscars, and better Tailtius would be nice too. Colorless is the only color with units that I already have (only missing Genny from there), so I'll probably be pulling from every color equally anyway, at least at the start.

I think my issue is that I haven't pulled on blues specifically since... wow, probably since the Nohrian Summer banner. I did try for Tailtiu on the Holy War banner, but I got her on my third pull, so I got almost no fodder from that.

I'm definitely hoping for Caeda most since I missed her originally, and she was the character I wanted most from her banner. Xander will at least give me another spot in the Catalog, and I guess merges and better boons/banes for Fjorm can't hurt, but Caeda is the main goal for sure. And of course, Shannas, Oscars, and better Tailtius would be nice too. Colorless is the only color with units that I already have (only missing Genny from there), so I'll probably be pulling from every color equally anyway, at least at the start.

Celica, Deirdre, SF!Camilla, and all three of the colorless focus heroes are the others I lack. BB!Cordelia and SF!Camilla are the ones I want the most out of those. I want the former since Cordelia is my Awakening waifu of choice in addition to BB!Cordelia being great. As for the latter, getting her would complete the mage flier trio for me and Camilla is also a favorite of mine.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Celica, Deirdre, SF!Camilla, and all three of the colorless focus heroes are the others I lack. BB!Cordelia and SF!Camilla are the ones I want the most out of those. I want the former since Cordelia is my Awakening waifu of choice in addition to BB!Cordelia being great. As for the latter, getting her would complete the mage flier trio for me and Camilla is also a favorite of mine.

I'm hoping to get a better boon/bane for my own Bride Cordelia; neutral offenses certainly aren't bad, but now that I have another chance to get her with +Atk or +Spd, I'd definitely like to take advantage of it. Spring Camilla would also be super nice, because I still don't have a single mage flier, and I am not a fan of Witch Nowi. Celica and Ayra would be super nice out of the reds since I have neither, Deirdre would also be nice though not as important since I already have Julia, and there are like 5-10 units that want DC right now, and I've never once gotten Hector. So, basically... I'm hoping for quite a lot, haha. I'll be happy if I get any of the characters, though.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Rezzy @KongDude oh okay thanks. Well looks like i'll try for Camilla then since Corrin's not available yet. More anti-meta greens are always useful.

[...]

From what I understood of @DehNutCases napkin math, the upcoming 8% banner will not be the best one to snipe for one specific unit. 

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ooo, now I'm excited! Hopefully she will be up to your perfectly calculated standards. Here's a little teaser of her kit, if you want:

Reveal hidden contents

+Def/-Atk, Fenrir+, Harsh Command, Ignis, Fortress Defense, Obstruct, Spd Smoke

Okay, not really, but that was fun to come up with.

I decided to run this build in the simulator, to see its effectiveness, and...

Reveal hidden contents

She gets 1 win, 20 loses, and 169 draws. Are you not impressed? ;)

If you give her QR and lower her special count by 2, she gets 46 wins on EP. Go and build her ^^

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

From what I understood of @DehNutCases napkin math, the upcoming 8% banner will not be the best one to snipe for one specific unit. 

If you give her QR and lower her special count by 2, she gets 46 wins on EP. Go and build her ^^

Well it's the only banner that we have Bunmilla now anyway, and I like all the greens, colourless and red options so I'll be pulling on that banner regardless anyway :)

It was more just being indecisive if I should Nowitch while she's still here. I'm more interested in the armours anyway.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Wait, seriously? That's kinda hilarious, haha. It's a shame that I have other and actually useful units that could make better use of QR (and no +Def/-Atk Lilina yet), but I may still build this once I get the chance. She would be an amazing character to surprise people with in Arena, haha.

Wait, seriously? That's kinda hilarious, haha. It's a shame that I have other and actually useful units that could make better use of QR (and no +Def/-Atk Lilina yet), but I may still build this once I get the chance. She would be an amazing character to surprise people with in Arena, haha.

I think they should make infantry pulse a little more common. I met a few teams in arena where the units profit a great deal from that. For example a Shield Pulse, Quickened pulse Lucina with miracle and boosted by 2 infantry pulse I met in AA. She was somehow hard to kill since I chose the wrong units for that map. 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And we finally have a Close Defense seal!

Oh and Hone Speed and Savage Blow.

B!Ike i need you on my main account, just appear already :(

Great, now I need only a Sigurd for 19 Close Def for Tana.

Good luck pulling Camillia ;-) 

/Edit: these intros surely write history in sense of plot beauty. And a Savage Blow seal ... I'm not looking forward to see that in arena. 

Edited by mampfoid

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think they should make infantry pulse a little more common. I met a few teams in arena where the units profit a great deal from that. For example a Shield Pulse, Quickened pulse Lucina with miracle and boosted by 2 infantry pulse I met in AA. She was somehow hard to kill since I chose the wrong units for that map. 

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they haven't brought back Infantry Pulse in some way yet. It's one of the few things that can help out infantry teams specifically, but it's just not really common enough to be too useful.

Also, uh... looks like I won't be going without a 40% bonus unit like I thought I would. I seem to have acquired some bad mutton recently...

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they haven't brought back Infantry Pulse in some way yet. It's one of the few things that can help out infantry teams specifically, but it's just not really common enough to be too useful.

Also, uh... looks like I won't be going without a 40% bonus unit like I thought I would. I seem to have acquired some bad mutton recently...

Well they want you to pull for Dorcas for now, who has Infantry Pulse.

Poison Strike Sacred Seal when?

But yeah main account again has no 40% unit. This is gonna be fun...

Just now, mcsilas said:

Well they want you to pull for Dorcas for now, who has Infantry Pulse.

Poison Strike Sacred Seal when?

But yeah main account again has no 40% unit. This is gonna be fun...

Wait.

No.

Hold on.

You're kidding me, right?

I didn't even realize he had Infantry Pulse.

And I just got Dorcas while I was typing that post.

Now that's some interesting irony.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait.

No.

Hold on.

You're kidding me, right?

I didn't even realize he had Infantry Pulse.

And I just got Dorcas while I was typing that post.

Now that's some interesting irony.

Whaaaat.......

Well, Katarina hasn't come to you yet but at least fate threw you a bone for now. Lucky you!

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Whaaaat.......

Well, Katarina hasn't come to you yet but at least fate threw you a bone for now. Lucky you!

Apparently so! I was hoping for Mia, but there were no reds in the session, so I just spent the orbs on whatever. And it seems to have paid off! I guess I have some unit training to do now, haha. And now I can safely save my orbs until next week for the Legendary Hero banner without missing out on this one.

@bethany81707 Is this the same kind of apology luck that you got when you missed Elincia? If so, I really hope it sticks around for the upcoming banner as well.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Mine lasted about a month, and I think Ayra might've drained quite a bit of it.

Hopefully it'll last that long for me too, I could really use the help in about a week. And hopefully the game will be kind enough to you to let you get Elincia this time.