Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

EH maybe some of them are just more extreme than others. When I look at Hector or Lord Pompadour, they don't annoy me quite so much as Narcian. Like I like a lot of artsyles, but I can't stand clash within the same context- it would be jarring to see a studio ghibli charather in a Bones animation or vice versa. even though both companies's charathers look good in their own settings.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

I can't stand clash within the same context- it would be jarring to see a studio ghibli charather in a Bones animation or vice versa.

Consider CCGs like Cipher then, with its multitude of artists drawing multitude of FE’s characters. Heroes is the closest to the formula, with the heroes’ stat screens styled similarly to cards.

Would the variety of styles in Cipher detract from your enjoying it even despite the fantasy of getting and using your favourite characters together?

If if would, it’s fine and understandable.

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

EH maybe some of them are just more extreme than others. When I look at Hector or Lord Pompadour, they don't annoy me quite so much as Narcian. Like I like a lot of artsyles, but I can't stand clash within the same context- it would be jarring to see a studio ghibli charather in a Bones animation or vice versa. even though both companies's charathers look good in their own settings.

That's interesting to me, because I actually find Hector's art to be far more jarring than Narcian's. Narcian looks maybe a bit more cartoony compared to others, but Hector has a very different artstyle compared to a majority of the cast. That said, I'm personally fine with any artstyle, as long as it feels fitting for the character. Narcian and Fae are very fitting in their own artstyles to me, but characters like Lachesis or regular Olivia just don't feel like they match the way they're drawn.

Plus, at this point, I've accepted that Heroes will always have art clash. It's a purposeful part of its design, so I find it hard to get too annoyed when characters look a bit out of place, since... well, they're supposed to, in a way.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

As long as nobody calls out Arthur as some "artistic failure" then nobody needs to die tonight.

Continue with this discussion.

See, perfect example. Arthur's art is absolute perfect for him. Not everyone will like the artstyle, and that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't mean it's a bad style for him to have. Far from it in fact, in his case.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Notification says 2.0 is set to launch on the 27th, but that's gotta be a typo. The Broadcast called the update 1.9

I demand compensation orbs and free 5★ Sharena merges. Or they changed their mind and there will be something completely overwhelming in the update that warrants increasing the major versioning number.

I’m somehow excited over nothing.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Notification says 2.0 is set to launch on the 27th, but that's gotta be a typo. The Broadcast called the update 1.9

I thought it was kinda odd that such a big update would just be 1.9, especially considering that an entire new story arc is starting. Maybe they changed their mind, or the Broadcast messed up somehow?

Also, good to have confirmation that the update will indeed be available at the same time as the Legendary Hero banner. Unfortunate that it's not sooner, but at least now we know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

My apologies but

We're getting Quests with Alfonse in a few days. I think it's quite clear who's opening the way to a merge.  

What happened to “Ladies first!”?

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

@LordFrigid Is this your arena team with Ephraim, Katarina, Shigure, and Alfonse? Ran into "LordFrigid" so I can only assume it's you.

Edit: Also... Thanks for ruining my deathless run...

Yeah, that’s my defense team.

Sorry about your streak D: .

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Yeah, that’s my defense team.

Sorry about your streak D: .

I believe you're the first SF user that I've ran into, unless I have before and just didn't know.

I don't think I'm getting into Tier 20 anyways this week so I don't need a perfect score. That Alfonse ruined everyone though...

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Things like this really make me happy. :3 It's great that you're using them together! I really like Sully, but I haven't felt the urge to use her. And now Oscar exists, and I love him even more. XD Maybe I'll get to her one of these days.

It's the little things :D

I still feel sad I can't use Oscar and Kieran together - or Saizo and Kaze if you count them (I kinda don't since in my head, the xmas knights are cavaliers but I know others do and I still want to use the brothers together).

I'm waiting for a good Abel or to pull him at 5* so I can use Cain and Abel together, too :D

Rody and Luke get used together at times, but I need to use them more ^.^

Oscar, Stahl and Abel are all so refreshingly nice when you listen to their quotes. You just want to wrap them all in cotton wool :D Rody isn't bad, either, just a bit more concerned with being a knight, whereas those three seem a bit more concerned about others.

My only other concern now is that they introduce the other knights without their companion. They've done it once (or twice, again if you count Saizo... or thrice if you count Lukas / Forsyth, which again, I don't since Forsyth and Python seem more the boon companions out of them).

Now waiting for the weekend to train them up. I have Tailtiu as one other member so just deciding on a green to train up. Running out of those, though.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I believe you're the first SF user that I've ran into, unless I have before and just didn't know.

I don't think I'm getting into Tier 20 anyways this week so I don't need a perfect score. That Alfonse ruined everyone though...

I rarely run into SF people as well...two thus far, if I’m remembering right. Anyways, I got your friend request; may Caeda visit you often.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I rarely run into SF people as well...two thus far, if I’m remembering right. Anyways, I got your friend request; may Caeda visit you often.

I'm curious. Do you mind if I ask how your Alfonse is set up?

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Is this some special week? SF people seem to meet each other too often! I just recently met @mampfoid as well. The first SF member I’ve encountered, too.

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm curious. Do you mind if I ask how your Alfonse is set up?

My Askr units all run weird Utility sets because they play the bonus unit role on my teams (both defense and offense) and have a hard time fighting the +10 enemies I see a lot of. Alfonse is currently:

Fólkvangr, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3 (skill), Spur Atk 3 (seal).

Edit: @Vaximillian, I actually meant two people total across my entire time playing the game as opposed to just this week.

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, LordFrigid said:

My Askr units all run weird Utility sets because they play the bonus unit role on my teams (both defense and offense) and have a hard time fighting the +10 enemies I see a lot of. Alfonse is currently:

Fólkvangr, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3 (skill), Spur Atk 3 (seal).

Ah, I see :)

I was just wondering since I wouldn't mind changing mine around a bit. I might keep that set up in mind, particularly the WoM (Cain loves me at the moment :D )

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ah, I see :)

I was just wondering since I wouldn't mind changing mine around a bit. I might keep that set up in mind, particularly the WoM (Cain loves me at the moment :D )

WoM was exactly what screwed me over in the fight. I assumed my Lute would kill his Katarina, but she didn't. Alfonse came over, killed her, got danced, killed Axura. Both Marth and Blyn couldn't kill him. :(

Just now, KongDude said:

WoM was exactly what screwed me over in the fight. I assumed my Lute would kill his Katarina, but she didn't. Alfonse came over, killed her, got danced, killed Axura. Both Marth and Blyn couldn't kill him. :(

I thought it might be that.

WoM on unexpected units when I forget to check unit skills (happens more often than I would like >.<) has murdered me several times.

Other unexpected skills (Vantage on Lucina... whhhhhy?!) have surprised me other times >.<

I can never think of unexpected skill builds, so tend to go with the boring usuals lol