Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

As someone who has both Alm and Faye, I can say that they aren't paired together because that would involve me actually using Faye. If I were to pair her with anyone, it'd be Berkut so that he'd die a slowing and agonizing death due to having to live with someone who can barely go one sentence without saying the name of his hated rival. Additionally, Alm is at max merits due to being a bonus hero in back-to-back Tempests so I don't have much incentive to use him much either. I'd be boring but canon and pair him with Celica but I still don't have her.

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I completely forgot to pair Gray with Tobin! 

My Clair is paired with Tobin because screw Gray. That and he hasn’t showed up for me. Maybe Alm/Gray is the way to go, and Faye can get someone better.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Clair is paired with Tobin because screw Gray. That and he hasn’t showed up for me. Maybe Alm/Gray is the way to go, and Faye can get someone better.

Breaking the OTP I see. Tobin X Gray>Everything else.

The good pairs are Alm X Berkut and Faye X Donnel (?) She married a generic villager Now the issue here is finding someone for Celica.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The good pairs are Alm X Berkut and Faye X Donnel (?) She married a generic villager Now the issue here is finding someone for Celica.

Mozu when?

Excuse me, Celica is with Sharena until Fjorm and Lianna come.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Poor girl only wanted dem pirate booty but Kaga had different plans for her.

And we’ll never have a GHB against Kaga because we already have one, and it’s called Thracia 776.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And we’ll never have a GHB against Kaga because we already have one, and it’s called Thracia 776.

It only has the difficulties Infernal+++ and Masochist and the reward for beating it is a sense of pride and accomplishment a smiling Reinhardt picture.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Later on, once the Killer Bow becomes available, the only stats an Archer will care about are Atk and Skill, since Hunter's Volley always doubles, and the Longbow and Parthia will be used for their Combat Arts, which can't ever double. This is assuming the Archer never sees the enemy phase.

Why blame Gharnef? I'd blame Adrah- founder of the Kingdom of Archanea and he who stole the Fire Emblem and scattered the orbs adorning it- to ill effect.

The gentle aesthetic is odd given her Fates appearance looking much colder.

I didn't like her 3D model in Fates one bit- it reminded me too much of Frankiza von Karma. Not good (and no I don't play AA).

He would be underleveled, but fortunately grinding is easy. The real problem is Celica's team has little need for a Cavalier. Act 3 for her team has some sand, nothing good for a Cav. Her Act 4 has some swamp, not good either. Whereas Alm finds his maps big and open and well suited for Cavs, Celica's while not always terrible for them, aren't so useful. Conrad works fine by himself (albeit he joins late), and he has a similar stat profile to Kliff.

By the way, if you have the money, try buying the Cipher DLC- Randel is a good Paladin. Emma comes with the awesome Trainee Lance, if a little weak as a unit. Yuzu has mobility issues and no spells, but her offense is very good and with a Pitchfork (if you're willing to use those) she's excellent as a Cav or Peg. Shade has plenty of utility between Physic and Rescue. You can complete the battles by the end of Act 1/2, early Act 3.

Joy. What dark bag of arrogance and ego who is in fact stupid and weak shall triumph over the other?

And in Fates, Subaki is like the worse Pegasus Knight since Juno. Since he's just a ferrybot and nothing else because his bases aren't good and his growths are just the same. No amount of affirmative action could get him on my team. Well a Males-only BR aside.

Please make young Camilla look pretty and not sexualized! :3:

My favorite part about Adrah is when Mystery had that guy who said something along the lines of "this stolen treasure belongs to the thieves, your not human if you took it from us'

The irony is fucking delicious

Also Subaki is arguably pretty good in Fates just because of how Fates works(his base speed after promotion is like 22) He's nowhere near Juno

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Going through this Tempest with the new girls reminds me of how much I liked Lute back in FE8.

I laugh just a bit whenever I click on her and she says "You need me." Nah, I need your bestie, Ross.

Also it's pretty neat to note that her attack art is the literal closest to the actual casting sprite of any magic user in the entire game.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It only has the difficulties Infernal+++ and Masochist and the reward for beating it is a sense of pride and accomplishment a smiling Reinhardt picture.

What will Reinhardt be happy about when he gets Glyphcalibur'ed to death? 

Seriously, if I ever play T776, or if the eventual remake the mechanics close enough to T776, I might just use Asbel as my Reinkiller. Assuming maxed Magic (easily possible) he can deal 13x2 with Glyphcalibur, which given the good old 40 Crit on the tome and Pursuit Critical Coefficient of 3 plus a very accurate 100 Hit on the tome, that's a guaranteed bagged Reinhardt.

Using Olwen is more appropriate admittedly, and Blizzard/Sleep/Berserk/Silence are all easy options too, but I like my pre-Awakening Merrics. 

I decided to do some Reinhardtology- to see what can kill the menace of T776 in his original game. 35x2 magical damage via Dire Thunder is pretty deadly, given rather low HP values and bad Resistance on characters save mages. Using Pure Water for 21+ Magic and a status staff is a great way of dispatching the Rein. Berserk lets him kill his own allies and they'll potentially cripple him for you. Sleep/a Blizzard tome drops most of his stats to 0 and takes away his pony. Silence leaves him with just the Master Sword, which can easily be tanked by a good physical unit with a Crusader Scroll for crit negation (if he lands one, you're dead). For a fairer fight, Olwen can safely kill him in four hits or less with the Holy Sword she gets by talking to him, and the +10 Magic it gives means she can survive his DT. Homer, Asbel, and other magical units with capped Magic and a Pure Water use to compensate for their low HP can also dispatch him. If you're willing to press your luck a little, a capped Luck Finn with his Brave Lance has a 90% chance of surviving the second DT hit. And then responding with two more for a total of 4 strikes since DT inflicts massive AS loss.

Having at least one of these options is perfectly possible. And if you best the Rein, no enemy stat-wise in T776 should be a challenge from what I hear.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

People asking for Not-Sharena and Ice Sharena to be in the game, and I can't find that last, lonely village kid. Oh, here he is. 

Kliff protested being relegated to a sword. Just as Linus protested being mutilated like his brother. And Micaiah with her foresight saw that if she joined with her little sister, she would be relegated to the trashbin when inflated BSTs and super good Skills and Weapons later rolled around. By being patient, she plans to enter with a flourish and wonderful usability when she finally does.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What will Reinhardt be happy about when he gets Glyphcalibur'ed to death? 

Seriously, if I ever play T776, or if the eventual remake the mechanics close enough to T776, I might just use Asbel as my Reinkiller. Assuming maxed Magic (easily possible) he can deal 13x2 with Glyphcalibur, which given the good old 40 Crit on the tome and Pursuit Critical Coefficient of 3 plus a very accurate 100 Hit on the tome, that's a guaranteed bagged Reinhardt.

Using Olwen is more appropriate admittedly, and Blizzard/Sleep/Berserk/Silence are all easy options too, but I like my pre-Awakening Merrics. 

I decided to do some Reinhardtology- to see what can kill the menace of T776 in his original game. 35x2 magical damage via Dire Thunder is pretty deadly, given rather low HP values and bad Resistance on characters save mages. Using Pure Water for 21+ Magic and a status staff is a great way of dispatching the Rein. Berserk lets him kill his own allies and they'll potentially cripple him for you. Sleep/a Blizzard tome drops most of his stats to 0 and takes away his pony. Silence leaves him with just the Master Sword, which can easily be tanked by a good physical unit with a Crusader Scroll for crit negation (if he lands one, you're dead). For a fairer fight, Olwen can safely kill him in four hits or less with the Holy Sword she gets by talking to him, and the +10 Magic it gives means she can survive his DT. Homer, Asbel, and other magical units with capped Magic and a Pure Water use to compensate for their low HP can also dispatch him. If you're willing to press your luck a little, a capped Luck Finn with his Brave Lance has a 90% chance of surviving the second DT hit. And then responding with two more for a total of 4 strikes since DT inflicts massive AS loss.

Having at least one of these options is perfectly possible. And if you best the Rein, no enemy stat-wise in T776 should be a challenge from what I hear.

Kliff protested being relegated to a sword. Just as Linus protested being mutilated like his brother. And Micaiah with her foresight saw that if she joined with her little sister, she would be relegated to the trashbin when inflated BSTs and super good Skills and Weapons later rolled around. By being patient, she plans to enter with a flourish and wonderful usability when she finally does.

Dark Sara is actually annoying as fuck iirc

....i forgot is Reinhardt vulnerable to the "Enfeeble" trick?

Spoiler

pKhuUmj.png

I decided that I hate both Joshua's art and fun equally so I'm messing around with this crap.

Edited by Sophie

1 hour ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

pKhuUmj.png

I decided that I hate both Joshua's art and fun equally so I'm messing around this this crap.

Does Close Def 3 stack with itself?

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He would be underleveled, but fortunately grinding is easy. The real problem is Celica's team has little need for a Cavalier. Act 3 for her team has some sand, nothing good for a Cav. Her Act 4 has some swamp, not good either. Whereas Alm finds his maps big and open and well suited for Cavs, Celica's while not always terrible for them, aren't so useful. Conrad works fine by himself (albeit he joins late), and he has a similar stat profile to Kliff.

By the way, if you have the money, try buying the Cipher DLC- Randel is a good Paladin. Emma comes with the awesome Trainee Lance, if a little weak as a unit. Yuzu has mobility issues and no spells, but her offense is very good and with a Pitchfork (if you're willing to use those) she's excellent as a Cav or Peg. Shade has plenty of utility between Physic and Rescue. You can complete the battles by the end of Act 1/2, early Act 3.

Yeah, deserts and swamps in Celica's route. And ships too! Why does Celica's route sound so terrible? :p

And then I remembered that Atlas existed. Does Gaiden/SoV have the most trainee/villager units in the franchise? No idea what I'm going to do with him. He has attack and health, but so-so everything else. If Celica didn't have so many mercenaries, he would be a great mercenary option which does up his speed when becoming one. Same deal with mages, but it's mostly in that Atlas apparently gets Rescue when nobody else does in her route and as a mage, he'd hit hard, but he wouldn't be able to double anything unlike Celica, Mae, and apparently even Boey. Archer Atlas doesn't seem too appealing since Leon wouldn't hit as hard, but he'd likely be able to hit stuff with his higher base skill and skill growth. Maybe cavalier?

Whatever, I'll figure it out when I get to her route.

As for DLC, I like the Cipher characters (and DLC maps giving Pitchforks is cool), but I'd like the first playthrough to just be the regular cast. I hope the Cipher characters make it into Heroes one day.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, deserts and swamps in Celica's route. And ships too! Why does Celica's route sound so terrible? :p

The White Wings got a lot of use on my playthrough.  Too bad archers have such long range in that game.