Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Do it! Sacrifice a sheep and a farm girl in the name of Anna and turn Elise into a monster! Make triple Elise defense team into a new nightmare for players.

They should have given his weapon to somebody else like Peri, or they could have made Berkut into someone like Peri. He is okay with Deflect Magic, but other units can use it so much better.

I am not a huge fan of regular tanking, since units with Gem Weapon-Distant Counter can do it better and completely shutdown an entire color.

I'm talking about surviving blues and possibly even greens

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

"Athena Ikimasu!"

By curiosity I checked japanese Athena's voice. Sure she loses a the Vun Voman thing that makes her stand out from other female myrmidons but I sure do love strong/badass female Japanese voices. 

"Athena. Mairu!"

In English, Athena knows English, but speaks with a heavy accent. In Japanese, Athena is not entirely fluent in Japanese and therefore doesn't always complete her sentences and speaks hesitantly and without the language's tonality (and doesn't use a first-person pronoun).

Nephenee is pretty similar in Japanese. She stumbles over words here and there because she's trying to speak more politely and not sound like a country hick (unlike Donnel, who doesn't care, and talks with a very country hick accent).

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Another character where I *really* prefer the Japanese VA is Camilla. It's not trying too hard, but also that VA is really talented.

Sawashiro Miyuki is amazing.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

80 Atk on a Litrblade user doesn't care what color you are or how much Res you have if you aren't running Triangle Adept.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do it! Sacrifice a sheep and a farm girl in the name of Anna and turn Elise into a monster! Make triple Elise defense team into a new nightmare for players.

I would...but I already merged my old Elise into the new one. She's a +5, if that makes you feel better?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

In English, Athena knows English, but speaks with a heavy accent. In Japanese, Athena is not entirely fluent in Japanese and therefore doesn't always complete her sentences and speaks hesitantly and without the language's tonality (and doesn't use a first-person pronoun).

Nephenee is pretty similar in Japanese. She stumbles over words here and there because she's trying to speak more politely and not sound like a country hick (unlike Donnel, who doesn't care, and talks with a very country hick accent).

Sawashiro Miyuki is amazing.

80 Atk on a Litrblade user doesn't care what color you are or how much Res you have if you aren't running Triangle Adept.

Of course there's bladetomes. But that's what Panic Ploy is for.

21 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I would...but I already merged my old Elise into the new one. She's a +5, if that makes you feel better?

You just need two more Elises. In the mean time, you can pair her up with Reinhardt and BH!Lyn on your defense team.

35 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Some blue mages can still break through it due his low Speed, and I do not recommend going against the triangle.

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Of course there's bladetomes. But that's what Panic Ploy is for.

Ploys are not very effective on some maps due to the lay out as enemies will not rush towards you in a straight line.

Edited by XRay

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

You just need two more Elises. In the mean time, you can pair her up with Reinhardt and BH!Lyn on your defense team.

Some blue mages can still break through it due his low Speed.

Ploys are not very effective on some maps due to the lay out as enemies will not rush towards you in a straight line.

He's got 24 base RES. Add 4 from a RES boost on his weapon upgrade, add 13 (DD and his lance's upgrade) when attacked 2 spaces away, +6 RES from water soul if his HP is higher, plus 10 from cavalry buffs. That's a total of 57 RES (his RES increased by 33). 61 if you want more ward buffs.

I would use Berkut as bait at the start of the battle by having another unit panic ploy the opponent before their turn. Ploys are at their best when baiting at the begging of each battle.

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

So my free summon on VG banners were Arthur (Rhajat's banner) and Katarina!! Months ago I was complaining about my Katarina being +def -spd, and even considered to use her as fodder, but this time she is +atk -hp! I merged her and paired her with Marth, due to Spur Spd.

This entire post makes me cry.

I've been wanting an Arthur for months.

@silveraura25 You're missing a couple of things:

• Berkut's base Res, 24, is pathetic. Res stacking on another cavalry unit with a better base like Titania is more worthwhile.
  • He has no access to Distant Counter if you use Water Boost. Meaning he's forced to eat hits on enemy phase, giving the enemy team free reign to move around.
  • Water Boost itself is terrible. He cannot proc it against higher HP enemies, and he certainly can't proc it after being attacked.
  • His Spd base is terrible, so he'll still take significant damage from enemy mages even after buffs.
  • Reinhardt runs Lancebreaker.
  • -Blade mages exist.

Needing Magic Deflect on top of multiple Res buffs is a waste, especially when many other units can run Magic Deflect with no buffs at all and handle what they're supposed to just fine.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@silveraura25 You're missing a couple of things:

• Berkut's base Res, 24, is pathetic. Res stacking on another cavalry unit with a better base like Titania is more worthwhile.
  • He has no access to Distant Counter if you use Water Boost. Meaning he's forced to eat hits on enemy phase, giving the enemy team free reign to move around.
  • Water Boost itself is terrible. He cannot proc it against higher HP enemies, and he certainly can't proc it after being attacked.
  • His Spd base is terrible, so he'll still take significant damage from enemy mages even after buffs.
  • Reinhardt runs Lancebreaker.
  • -Blade mages exist.

Needing Magic Deflect on top of multiple Res buffs is a waste, especially when many other units can run Magic Deflect with no buffs at all and handle what they're supposed to just fine.

The truth hurts so much. Though I will say a few things in my defense. Water soul is just a budget skill (if only I could get a spare Celica or Rhajat). I won't deny that there are better units at what he does, but he's a mixed tank (he'd be good at taking hits from two different types of damage). I've even seen cases of him taking 0 damage from Delthea and such. Most of arena is Reinhart, Brave Lyn, sword units and the occasional green mage (I see a lot of gronnravens, but that's probably because they can counter 3 meta units of different color). Of course he's not a perfect counter for Lyn and TA3 gronnravens, but he could survive the likes of Reinhart when having another unit panic ploy him at the start of the map so there'd be no cavalry buff bonuses (same strategy for bladetomes). Camus and Xander would die from the likes of Reinhart and bladetomes. Even if you'd put Titania on your team, she'd only withstand blues of any type of damage and maybe green mages, but nothing else really. BTW, Titania with a res boon of 33 can reach up to 59 with double DD, fortify and ward cavalry. Won't deny than Berkut has crippling overspecialization since he loses the potential to wield another weapon because he can't use another weapon to tank magic properly, but he can do Titania's job of tanking magic slightly better in addition to surviving sword units.

But I would never use him for Arena Defense, that you can be sure of.

Edited by silveraura25

37 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

First, breaker skills are for speed battles when both units can attack each other.

Reinhardt with Lancebreaker hits 4 times against Berkut, which basically forces Berkut run Deflect Magic because he gets crushed otherwise.

Is it just me or is Fjorm kind of frail?

Whenever I look at her stats in the status screen or the wiki she seems pretty well rounded, but whenever I use my own Fjorm or kill other people's Fjorm(s) in the arena, she just ends up dying to things that I instictively think a Lance unit should be able to handle. I think I even got half of my lvl 40 kills for the Alphonse quests killing Fjorm with him in the arena. 

48 minutes ago, Reality said:

Whenever I look at her stats in the status screen or the wiki she seems pretty well rounded, but whenever I use my own Fjorm or kill other people's Fjorm(s) in the arena, she just ends up dying to things that I instictively think a Lance unit should be able to handle. I think I even got half of my lvl 40 kills for the Alphonse quests killing Fjorm with him in the arena. 

+1.

I realized of that and i run with her in my team rn, and i see that she's better checking range units than melee units. Even if the unit is red (as you said, a Lance unit will be able to win the 80% of the match ups) Fjorm can lose easier than a green one.

And her stats are good, DEF is balanced but she's better at RES obviously.

But if you realize of this, if you face against a range physical unit (archers) she can handle them because of their special (yes, i build her with his base abilities and is so OP but she has her weakenesses obviously) even if you check green mages she's super strong against them, better than facing against any red-unit match up.

Definitively she is maked to defend stages, not to be aggressive (and if they are ranged units, better).

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Fjorm's Spd is rather middling, which makes her more likely to be double attacked. Her Def isn't spectacular, which means you need to be making use of Atk/Def Bond to take hits from physical opponents. Her Atk isn't spectacular, which means you need to be making use of Atk/Def Bond and Ice Mirror to deal damage. Running Shield Pulse locks you out of Quick Riposte.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I was doin some training tower grinding, and ran into this: jIJsiFE.jpg 

Jagen, we need to have a talk. It doesn't help that three of units are mages. 

Note: The Virion behind him has a 11 res atk ploy. 

And he still feels the need to run Aegis, Jagen spawns are always excessive in the game.

Question, I pulled a +res -HP Celica on the legendary banner this morning, and I've been thinking about how to build her. At first, I thought that since she was +res I should try to make use of her boon and her innate distant defense ... only to find that +res Celica only has 25 res. Should I just go with life and death 3 instead of distant defense and ignore that she has a res boon?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Sunwoo Her boon is in the least useful stat in the game, so running LaD instead isn’t a huge loss.

At least she isn’t -Spd like mine

'Kay, I'll just hold onto an extra Hana so I can get LnD on her one day. I have a +res Sanaki who runs the attack ploy seal and is my mage tank for anything not blue, so I like to run anyone with high res that way. But Celica's just never getting to that level of res, I guess!

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Question, I pulled a +res -HP Celica on the legendary banner this morning, and I've been thinking about how to build her. At first, I thought that since she was +res I should try to make use of her boon and her innate distant defense ... only to find that +res Celica only has 25 res. Should I just go with life and death 3 instead of distant defense and ignore that she has a res boon?

It's not a huge loss to run Life and Death as smokestack said. The -HP hurts a lot though to be honest.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Sunwoo Her boon is in the least useful stat in the game, so running LaD instead isn’t a huge loss.

At least she isn’t -Spd like mine

-Spd is still kinda better than -Atk like mine

12 minutes ago, Logos said:

The -HP hurts a lot though to be honest.

-Spd is still kinda better than -Atk like mine

Wrong and wrong. The lower HP cap means she needs less HP to reactivate Ragnarok between uses, and -Spd gimps her offense since you’re more likely to miss a KO because you missed a double rather than miss a KO because your target lived by 3 HP.

I feel your pain though. I just wanted Genny not this

31 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The lower HP cap means she needs less HP to reactivate Ragnarok between uses

Ragnarok activates at 100%, and deals fixed damage to the user. The only situation where =HP or +HP would have more damage to recover (other defensive stats equal) than -HP to reactivate Ragnarok is if the -HP Celica were dead.

41 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wrong and wrong. The lower HP cap means she needs less HP to reactivate Ragnarok between uses, and -Spd gimps her offense since you’re more likely to miss a KO because you missed a double rather than miss a KO because your target lived by 3 HP.

I feel your pain though. I just wanted Genny not this

39-4= 35 she gets that awful 4 decrease, and after Life and Death she'll be left with 17 Defense meaning anything she can't kill in one hit, and can DC with 52 Atk or more will kill her. If she was normal HP she would have at least 56 bulk physical bulk so it would be harder for Red DCers like Ryoma and Ike to kill her on the counterattack. Plus it's not that hard to match up just 4 more HP, she still only has 39 HP so anything with a Flachion and Renewal can patch that up most of the time, and her HP is also fairly good so a HP trade from her is easy to recover from. 

I just wanted Deirdre.

Edit: Also mine is +Def -Atk, so that boon isn't even helping her Speed, which is garbage. Plus she really needs Atk otherwise after L&D3 she only reaches 53 Atk at full HP making her pretty mediocre compared to my other mages.

Edited by Logos

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Funny thing is her title in Japanese is "Obsessive Diviner" using the actual name of the Diviner class.

Huh. Well at least the Diviner class has been represented in some way- even if their scrolls didn't make it in.

also that feel when Celica is +Res/-Atk..

Is it worth giving fury to Celica or LaD is more superior?