Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, well, I supported him and Faye because Celica took too long to show up, and I didn't want to support two red units with one another. Even if they're not the same type of weapon.

If/when Alm shows up, I probably will support him with Faye. Or I may not, he didn’t do anything to deserve her.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

See, Alm ruins everything. Without him in the picture, Faye is nice, sweet, and caring.

Which is why I prefer having Faye in Celica's army ever since my second playthrough.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Charlotte and Rinkah, but beyond that, I think only Machyua from Thracia could use axes, at least that I can remember right now. Ignoring fliers, of course; we still have plenty of wyvern riders that could use axes, like Scarlet and Vaida. Edit: Actually, could GBA wyverns use axes? I don't remember, now that I think about it. I just remembered that Vaida has that special spear as an enemy, so maybe she wouldn't be an axe user after all.

They have lances as first tier and gain swords upon promotion

Huh, would't you know it. Eldigan is now superior to Xander. They're stats are very similar, but Eldigan has more merge options and boons/banes. Fury 3 Mysteltain and DC as A slot. Plus slaying edge effect on mysteltain

Edited by silveraura25

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Charlotte and Rinkah, but beyond that, I think only Machyua from Thracia could use axes, at least that I can remember right now. Ignoring fliers, of course; we still have plenty of wyvern riders that could use axes, like Scarlet and Vaida. Edit: Actually, could GBA wyverns use axes? I don't remember, now that I think about it. I just remembered that Vaida has that special spear as an enemy, so maybe she wouldn't be an axe user after all.

Oh right Rinkah. Dang it, why must the Oni Savage class be so rare?

Yeah I was talking about infantry. Scarlet would be nice but unfortunately she's not really that popular. And they didn't make good use of her character :(

Now that I think about it...I'm surprised Peri is more associated with a Lance instead of an Axe. An axe would really fit her design and personality I guess

45 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Zeo Ah good. So, I've been cautious about deciding which dagger to give Felicia between Smoke or Rogue (because Silver is worthless). As I was training up both Matthew and Saizo, I noticed two things that bothered me about each of their daggers.

• Rogue Dagger (and other buffing weapons) doesn't carry the buff over to the player turn if you counter an enemy's attack, so it's hard to get the benefit without activating the attack.
  • Smoke Dagger (unrefined) does carry the debuffs on foes within 2 spaces over to the player turn if you counter, but not if the dagger user kills their target.

Since the refined Rogue Dagger+ has the area debuff effect, could you test a few things for me?

1. Have Matthew counter an enemy unit (enemy survives) and see if the debuff carries over to the player turn.
  2. Have Matthew counter an enemy unit (enemy survives) and see if the debuff on foes within 2 spaces carry over to the player turn.
  3. Have Matthew counter an enemy unit (killing the enemy) and see if the debuff on foes within 2 spaces carry over to the player turn.

Hope this isn't too much trouble. I sent out an inquiry over this a few days ago, but they only told me to check the update notes, which had nothing specific.

I can actually give a flat answer to this question. Rogue Dagger+/Seal/Smoke debuffs on enemy phase carry on to the player phase but only if the effected units already used their action.

• EP Scenario A:  Effie was ATK Smoked > Effie moved > ATK smoke wore off.
  • EP Scenario B: Effie moved > Effie was ATK Smoked > ATK Smoke still in effect next player phase.

Killing the enemy unit doesn't matter. Only weather or not the other units moved or not. In most cases the unit that used their turn rallied the unit that attacked your debuffer.

The idea of my Matt anyways isn't to leave enemies debuffed for PP, it's for them to suicide on him and/or be crippled by bonfire/direct combat debuffs rather than AoE ones. The AoE ones are to keep the damage on Matt as low as possible. If I had a bad Sigurd and another S!Frederick I'd swap Seal ATK for ATK/SPD and swap Threaten SPD for SPD Smoke.

Hope this clears things up. Sorry if it's disappointing. 

@mcsilas My avatar was actually my attempt at Kensou (my favorite King of Fighters character) who was a splice of Sain and Matthew based the year 95' appearance he had in what was formely a yearly released series (hair wise).

Spoiler

1095117-psycho_soldier_team_kof95.jpg

Edited by Zeo

@ZeoForgot that Mist now has a similar effect on her staff, so I could do some tests myself. Seems that I overlooked the whole "for next action" thing with the area debuffs; the units in range are affected, but they're losing the debuff because they are taking their action right after getting hit, so it's worn off by the player phase.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

@ZeoForgot that Mist now has a similar effect on her staff, so I could do some tests myself. Seems that I overlooked the whole "for next action" thing with the area debuffs; the units in range are affected, but they're losing the debuff because they are taking their action right after getting hit, so it's worn off by the player phase.

That's why it's a better idea for Rogue Dagger+ users to simply be tanks. Mitigate the damage through the smokes and AoE's so you can do the debuffing multiple times through direct combat.

Otherwise Smoke Dagger+ seems like a better overall option, but not debuffing enemy units if you happen to kill seems really inconvenient. Every time Rogue Dagger+ gets a kill, debuffs go into effect regardless.

Edited by Zeo

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's why it's a better idea for Rogue Dagger+ users to simply be tanks. Mitigate the damage through the smokes and AoE's so you can do the debuffing multiple times through direct combat.

Otherwise Smoke Dagger+ seems like a better overall option, but not debuffing enemy units if you happen to kill seems really inconvenient. Every time Rogue Dagger+ gets a kill, debuffs go into effect.

Actually, it seems my initial assessment on Smoke Dagger was wrong for the same reason (actions happening right after), so it'd be just as valuable for tanking (if not more so to finish off a fast unit). I think what matters most, however, is whether your strategy involves keeping your units mostly together, and whether your foes are doing the same thing.

That said, I have been considering feeding a Joshua to Felicia for Windsweep.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Actually, it seems my initial assessment on Smoke Dagger was wrong for the same reason (actions happening right after), so it'd be just as valuable for tanking (if not more so to finish off a fast unit). I think what matters most, however, is whether your strategy involves keeping your units mostly together, and whether your foes are doing the same thing.

Considering she's very much a magical tank and doesn't particularly care for Distant Counter. It's nice, even if she's probably not killing anything on player phase. I need my daggers to kill things. But I'm a strange one.

Just now, Zeo said:

Considering she's very much a magical tank and doesn't particularly care for Distant Counter. It's nice, even if she's probably not killing anything on player phase. I need my daggers to kill things. But I'm a strange one.

Windsweep feels a bit too much like a gamble for me to be certain about it, but I do like the idea of crippling Hectors and such.

Thinking about your setup, I can see how it plays out, where you send him in to hit someone and then he's good to go. For Felicia, it's a matter of baiting and then finishing them off if she doesn't do so right away. I'm basically torn between Rogue Dagger + Atk & Spd Ploys or Smoke Dagger + whatever C and seal (ideally conserving Distant Def for someone else).

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

I think it's worth it if you want her to be your debuffer since it'll let her attack DC/physicial ranged units safely. IMO, I got good value from that skill before I switched to Kitty Paddle.

About Smoke vs Rogue, the team buff on Rogue could be good on scenarios like if you miscalculated and the enemy gets WOM danced so your people could survive better. And if you're running a bladetome user the extra 4 damage could be nice if you can set it up on player phase. While I don't have the upgrade Rogue Dagger, I didn't like it since the buffs doesn't carry over to your next player phase and only got value if Felicia was tanking multiple magic damage dealers on EP. (Though I might change my mind about it in the future)

I think Smoke might be better since it frees up a C skill for Felicia, the -6 to all stats helps to make it easier for your other units to one round/double the opponent.

Am I the only one who thinks the Askr trio is mistreated? 

> Stats are meh.

> They can't merge.

> They can't have IVs.

> Legendary weapons can't be refined.

> No unique skills.

Since every banner nowadays completely disregards established BSTs and invents broken personal weapons just cause I don't see how throwing the trio their bone would be wrong.

Edited by L9999

5 minutes ago, L9999 said:

You are completely correct. I hope the anniversary has something absolutely awesome in store for the three.

7 minutes ago, L9999 said:

> Stats are meh.

> They can't merge.

> They can't have IVs.

> Legendary weapons can't be refined.

> No unique skills.

Since every banner nowadays completely disregards established BSTs and invents broken personal weapons just cause I don't see how throwing the trio their bone would be wrong.

The problem is that they were alright at launch, but as the game has progressed, standards for new characters have caused them to be extremely lackluster. Even having a personal weapon at all was special treatment for them originally, but now that's become a common courtesy for new characters, in addition to unique skills and above-average stats. That said, I don't expect them to do anything for them until the anniversary, because that's really the only time that any sort of buff for them would make sense.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

The problem is that they were alright at launch, but as the game has progressed, standards for new characters have caused them to be extremely lackluster. Even having a personal weapon at all was special treatment for them originally, but now that's become a common courtesy for new characters, in addition to unique skills and above-average stats. That said, I don't expect them to do anything for them until the anniversary, because that's really the only time that any sort of buff for them would make sense.

At launch you couldn't even use the personal weapon, it took weeks to collect the feathers not-whaling. I guess most people didn't chose them as one of their first five promotions (except certain Sharena fans). 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

At launch you couldn't even use the personal weapon, it took weeks to collect the feathers not-whaling. I guess most people didn't chose them as one of their first five promotions (except certain Sharena fans). 

I only 5★’d Sharena in the beginning of March. Fun and embarassing fact, @SatsumaFSoysoy promoted her a week earlier than me!

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I probably should've said near-launch; but still, they were designed to be compared to other launch units, regardless of when they would actually be available to the player. If their personal weapons are compared to others like Fujin Yumi and Aura, effects like WoM2 and TA2 seem a lot more impressive than if they're compared to Divine Tyrfing and Amiti. Even Fólkvangr, while not outstanding, gives one more point to his Atk than Seliph's Tyrfing gives to Def, which almost makes me think that they didn't want to make other weapons too comparable to the Askr's weapons early on. But they've gotten better about knowing what effects and skills will actually make a difference since launch, which leaves the trio in an awkward position now.

Edit: Also whoa, huge bonus orbs! Awesome!

Edited by DefaultBeep

Just now, KongDude said:

Was that 20 orbs just now VG or what?

They're for Heroes getting Game of the Year for the Google Play Store, I believe. Which is why we also got 2,017 feathers.

Those orbs got me a Sigurd.

but why not katarina though

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I only 5★’d Sharena in the beginning of March. Fun and embarassing fact, @SatsumaFSoysoy promoted her a week earlier than me!

Earlier than me at least, I could do my first 5* promotion in late April (or May, I don't remember) and it has been a guy talking stuff like this: 

"Don't push me."

"You, Summoner! You think me your puppet? You will never control me. I will defy you at every turn."

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I probably should've said near-launch; but still, they were designed to be compared to other launch units, regardless of when they would actually be available to the player. If their personal weapons are compared to others like Fujin Yumi and Aura, effects like WoM2 and TA2 seem a lot more impressive than if they're compared to Divine Tyrfing and Amiti. Even Fólkvangr, while not outstanding, gives one more point to his Atk than Seliph's Tyrfing gives to Def, which almost makes me think that they didn't want to make other weapons too comparable to the Askr's weapons early on. But they've gotten better about knowing what effects and skills will actually make a difference since launch, which leaves the trio in an awkward position now.

Edit: Also whoa, huge bonus orbs! Awesome!

I mean they always have had stiff competition for promotions in a game where (almost) everybody gets their favorite character from earlier FEH games. It didn't help them being infantry units. 

Anna is still more or less unique with her ER-effect, high SPD and RES and I'm looking forward to a Mini-TT where Alfonse will be a bonus unit. 

Edited by mampfoid