Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I meant in general because of the Weapon Refinery. In my eyes the Dragonstone users have definitly moved up the Tier list (prolly at the top)while ranged units have moved down. And some Lance users have definitly moved up due to Berkuts Lance.

I agree that dragons are much better than they were before weapon refinery. However, most of the improvements primarily benefit arena defense teams more than offense teams. Tanking and counterkilling is generally a weaker and more difficult strategy to utilize compared to blowing stuff up with ranged units. Ever wonder why Blade tome, Brave weapon, and Firesweep didn’t get buffed?

Fjorm adds more to teambuilding for higher points because of Water Blessing’s bonus. Dragons benefit a great deal from this change since they can actually compete with armored units for team slots all the way up until the very highest point matches in arena.

I have my own TA Fae built up, but I haven’t gotten her refined Lightning Breath yet. That will be the next thing I upgrade though. Swapping out her A for Fury or Steady Breath if Brave Ike appears on a banner again would be even better.

At the current state i would value tome users A tier at most and very offensiv healers are definitly a better pick then them.

Tome users have the weapon triangle, a Brave weapon user, and the ability to stack +20-+30 damage from buffs, all things that healers will never have. Not needing healing because you never get hit was true before refinement and is still true after refinement.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No because healers still suck

The choice between a low BST colorless utility and an offensive unit is not a very difficult one.

Genny will always be S++++++ in my heart though.

Another drawback is healers can't gain weapon triangle advantage, but only disadvantage. 

@Hilda I think most players would still pick a fully built Reinhardt over a fully built Elise for example. 

Gamepedia already gave dragons big boosts in their tier list. But Berkuts Lance isn't a factor there, it's all Firesweep. 

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I didnt mean because of the healers.

I meant in general because of the Weapon Refinery. In my eyes the Dragonstone users have definitly moved up the Tier list (prolly at the top)while ranged units have moved down. And some Lance users have definitly moved up due to Berkuts Lance. At the current state i would value tome users A tier at most and very offensiv healers are definitly a better pick then them.

They already updated the tier chart. Note that Elise and every dragon in the game is S Tier.

Berkut's Lance is great, but Firesweep is still considered a better set on fast units due to having better match-ups (since you aren't locked to Distant Counter and do not take damage ever).

Question regarding some of the summons I've gotten recently, I recently got my 1st Ike (normal, his ivs +atk - spd), I chose B!Lyn as my free summon back durning that even, I did some SI on the units, because its not often I get dups but because of the 8% banner I did manage to another Ike and B!Lyn, Ike is -res +atk and B!Lyn is -hp +atk, is it worth using the new Ike and B!Lyn over the old ones (and either merging them or using the older units as fodder)? 

17 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Question regarding some of the summons I've gotten recently, I recently got my 1st Ike (normal, his ivs +atk - spd), I chose B!Lyn as my free summon back durning that even, I did some SI on the units, because its not often I get dups but because of the 8% banner I did manage to another Ike and B!Lyn, Ike is -res +atk and B!Lyn is -hp +atk, is it worth using the new Ike and B!Lyn over the old ones (and either merging them or using the older units as fodder)? 

Brave Lyn prefers +Atk with her Mulagir and Brave Bow builds. (Firesweep prefers +Spd.)

Ike generally does better with -Res than -Spd because he has passable Spd for an enemy-phase unit to not want to lose it and usually shouldn't be trying to tank magic to begin with.

Brave Lyn is decent for Skill Inheritance because she is a source or Swift Sparrow. Ike isn't so much since Heavy Blade is very hard to make good use of because it locks you out of running an A-slot skill that boosts your actual offensive stats.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]

Ike generally does better with -Res than -Spd because he has passable Spd for an enemy-phase unit to not want to lose it and usually shouldn't be trying to tank magic to begin with.

[...]

I always thought my +DEF/-SPD was better than the other +SPD/-HP copy. Now I'm not sure anymore, since -SPD Ike gets doubled allot

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Lyn prefers +Atk with her Mulagir and Brave Bow builds. (Firesweep prefers +Spd.)

Brave Lyn is decent for Skill Inheritance because she is a source or Swift Sparrow. Ike isn't so much since Heavy Blade is very hard to make good use of because it locks you out of running an A-slot skill that boosts your actual offensive stats.

Cool so I can use my 1st B!Lyn for her skills and the new one (with +atk) for a more optomised build

With Ike being less usefull for skill fodder Il just merge the 2 together keeping the -Res one - thanks, i dont like getting rid of strong units unless I'm sure (f2p and abit of a hoarder haha)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

They already updated the tier chart. Note that Elise and every dragon in the game is S Tier.

Berkut's Lance is great, but Firesweep is still considered a better set on fast units due to having better match-ups (since you aren't locked to Distant Counter and do not take damage ever).

Firesweep is though only usefull on high Spd/high atk units i give you that. But Berkut's Lance with the RES path opens up units that take 0 damage from Dragonstone users and tome users (example Clair high SPD high RES, Spring Xander with +RES/-HP becomes a wall if properly built, physical and magical, Fjorm runs with the Lance on the same RES counter tier like Clair with lower speed but higher physical bulk etc) and gives to some units tremendous Bulk (example Effie)

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Firesweep is though only usefull on high Spd/high atk units i give you that. But Berkut's Lance with the RES path opens up units that take 0 damage from Dragonstone users and tome users (example Clair high SPD high RES, Spring Xander with +RES/-HP becomes a wall if properly built, physical and magical, Fjorm runs with the Lance on the same RES counter tier like Clair with lower speed but higher physical bulk etc) and gives to some units tremendous Bulk (example Effie)

Firesweep is generally still considered the best build for units with high Spd, low or middling Atk, and low Def because it is safe to initiate combat against anything, and the Firesweep's +1 Atk over Berkut's Lance [Res] and +5 Atk and Spd from running Life and Death 3 without drawbacks is just a bit better for making up for that low Atk.

Furthermore, Firesweep users also take zero damage from dragons (even at weapon triangle disadvantage) because opponents simply aren't allowed to counterattack.

Mind you, I don't care enough to defend the tier list's authors' decisions. I'm just saying that while new, cool things can do cool things, their performance still needs to be compared to existing builds, and Firesweep is still very strong contender in that field (and if the new, cool things don't have better performance than the existing builds, the existing builds are more likely to determine tiering).

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I finally bought an upgrade for a legendary weapon: Lyn has the Sol Katti upgraded now. I think that'l be fun.

Especially if it can be passed onto a merge with a better nature. :evil:

Cool that was fast, what B-Skill do you give her? 

I need to kill ~90 lances until tomorrow evening to get other divine dew:

Spoiler

5a2ae0ce2808c_Screenshot_20171208-1907540101.png.9bb39bf2e7cfe9cf3ed75c038eeb09aa.png

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Naaaaah, 98 Athena is best Athena. 2002 is great too, but if we're going short? nothing beats 99 Athena. A modern look and probably her most regular looking outfit that isn't a school uniform. I like it quite a bit.

@DefaultBeep

We have almost 2 weeks of this banner, I don't plan on giving up any time soon. Christmas banner be da**ed. Lyn's my favorite character and I'm going to get her if I have to spend every orb I get in that timeframe on that banner. If it doesn't happen, I'll try again next time. If there is one.

I do like the casual look of '99, it's a nice change from most of her other designs. '98 is good too; I still need to get that DLC for XIV, preferably on Steam if I can actually grab that version of the game on sale.

I wish you the best of luck! Luckily she isn't sharing a color with anyone (which is a huge improvement over the CYL VG banner, and the Mini TT banner too), so it should be safer to try for her this time.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

2002 is the best one I think, but 98 is up there, too. 99 is great but I like her 2000 hair better if it's short hair. Moe XII/XIII Athena is pretty bad though, at least 2001 Athena looks her age despite the pixie cut.

@DefaultBeep Also regarding that earlier convo about female Axe Heroes- I completely forgot about Flavia! I mean she's more of a sword hero, but they're liberal with weapons sometimes so Axe Flavia would be really cool!

No love for '97 Athena makes me sad :( Although I rarely ever play '97 myself compared to '96 and '98, so I guess I can't really talk. I don't mind her XII/XIII design by itself (possibly because XIII is the first KOF I actually played, so there's some bias there), but it definitely doesn't hold up compared to her other costumes.

Oh yeah! I could totally see them making her an axe user; she's not specifically known for axes, but I think they could easily be flexible with that for her Heroes appearance.

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cool that was fast, what B-Skill do you give her? 

Hopefully a bad Nephenne (for me anything that isn't +Spd/-Res because I already have one that's -Def) drops into my lap: I'd definitely go with Wrath.

I have none currently, I only got her recently and the options for inheritance haven't been amazing from all my pulls. Still need to figure out a better A skill than TA2 or Defiant Atk 3 as well.

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hopefully a bad Nephenne (for me anything that isn't +Spd/-Res because I already have one that's -Def) drops into my lap: I'd definitely go with Wrath.

I have none currently, I only got her recently and the options for inheritance haven't been amazing from all my pulls. Still need to figure out a better A skill than TA2 or Defiant Atk 3 as well.

Wrath, never got that skill either. I guess Brash Assault seal is booked for her?

That glow of the forged weapons seems evil. What if the next game mode would turn your own units with forged weapons against you? 

/Edit: I just recognized that on double SP weekend solved chain challenges give 3 SP instead of 1 SP. That makes  solved 10 map chain challenges more SP/stamina efficient (4 enemies * 3SP * 10 maps / 30 stamina = 4) than the training tower (4 enemies * 6 SP * 3 maps / 27 stamina = 2,66^). 

Edited by mampfoid

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wrath, never got that skill either. I guess Brash Assault seal is booked for her?

I hadn't given it to Nephenee because she has 40 speed already. The pain train is real with her. Probably should forge something like Spd if I got +Atk/-Res actually or Def on this one.

9 hours ago, GinRei said:

Could always just reason to yourself that having Lyn go Escape Route/Galeforce is better due to arena rating.  That's the rationale I used to not have my hopes die from not even having a Nephenee to feed her.

Well who knows when it'll be when we get another Neph banner.

Edward will likely be coming in the next couple months though and he'll probably have Wrath. If you don't care about him, he's always an option. Unfortunately for me that's another one of my favorite characters.

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Well who knows when it'll be when we get another Neph banner.

Edward will likely be coming in the next couple months though and he'll probably have Wrath. If you don't care about him, he's always an option. Unfortunately for me that's another one of my favorite characters.

In case you don't get another Wrath unit for months but get Lyn....just go with Vantage or something for now?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

In case you don't get another Wrath unit for months but get Lyn....just go with Vantage or something for now?

Vantage doesn't seem like a good skill on a unit with such bad ATK. But her options are so limited since she doesn't need Breakers because of Brash and Desp combo and Renewal defeats the purpose of the combo if her health stays so high. I may have to consider it. Her only other viable options are like... Seal skills. Ew.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Vantage doesn't seem like a good skill on a unit with such bad ATK. But her options are so limited since she doesn't need Breakers because of Brash and Desp combo and Renewal defeats the purpose of the combo if her health stays so high. I may have to consider it. Her only other viable options are like... Seal skills. Ew.

Escape Route. Hit and Run. Cancel Affinity.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Escape Route. Hit and Run. Cancel Affinity.

Escape Route... forgot about that one. It was actually already mentioned now that I think about it. That's a good one to consider.

Hit and Run is a terrible B skill on infantry in my opinion, movement is too limited to make the most out of it. Cancel Affinity is good but it requires 20k feathers and the biggest threats are TA Nowi and M!Robin. Neither of which I see often enough and.... I don't know that I'd be throwing Lyn at a Nowi to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hit and Run is a terrible B skill on infantry in my opinion, movement is too limited to make the most out of it.

It lets you teleport a Wings of Mercy unit in between Lyn and whatever Lyn just killed (or failed to kill). Or just gives space for someone else to run in and stand there.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It lets you teleport a Wings of Mercy unit in between Lyn and whatever Lyn just killed (or failed to kill). Or just gives space for someone else to run in and stand there.

True. Frederick and Cain are also things and I have both of them.

Still not on the table for Lyn, but I won't be so quick to judge it for infantry.

Edited by Zeo