Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also, wooo got a score of 4902 in Arena. Gosh, Sharena unfortunately doesn't score as much as Fjorm, and the Sacred Seals sure stack up.

Unfortunately it's only going back to Tier 19 but still a personal best.

I'll have to fully build Ephraim/Shiro and see if they can do any better points-wise.

What's your arena offense team? I'm kind of trying to work out my own.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, now I get it. You one-shoot someone and have a high chance to one-shot another unit because of Glimmer. 

He would one-shot a unit with 29 DEF and 40 HP for example. But the same thing could do an Eliwood Brave+ built at 58 ATK. He would kill the first unit, but could proc a 3 count special on his second hit attacking the second opponent. 

I'm still thinking of a way to best profit from Blazing Durandals effect. Doubling seems still the best way to me, because he could proc Galeforce or a 3/4 count damage special in one round. 

At that point I'd just use someone who has low enough speed that they can run +Atk -Spd Brave+. Eliwoods speed is... painfully average, he would be 6th place in a 12 man footrace if some of the contestants had horses, but it's at least high enough to double units like Hector or Dorcas. That could be a boon in the right circumstances.

Plus I've been living with -Spd Eliwood for months now... I'd wait for Luke.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

At that point I'd just use someone who has low enough speed that they can run +Atk -Spd Brave+. Eliwoods speed is... painfully average, he would be 6th place in a 12 man footrace if some of the contestants had horses, but it's at least high enough to double units like Hector or Dorcas. That could be a boon in the right circumstances.

Plus I've been living with -Spd Eliwood for months now... I'd wait for Luke.

I'm not suggesting you to change his weapon, but there must be better ways to use that cool effect of Blazing Durandal. 

My planned +SPD 4*+10 Eliwood would have 35 base SPD. With LnD, Hone Cav and SPD seal he could reach 49 and would double quite a bunch of opponents. Too bad I'm short on copies and probably I sent home already a +SPD Eliwood in the past ...

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

What's your arena offense team? I'm kind of trying to work out my own.

Vanilla Fjorm with Reposition (also has Spur Atk to not waste Barst's sacrifice but using Drive Atk) and Close Defense 3 SS

Black Knight +1 with SteadyBreath, Pivot, Black Luna, Vantage, Ward Armour and Quickened Pulse

Hector (+Spd/-Atk but with Summoner Support). Has Pivot, Bonfire, DC, Vantage, Goad Armour and Distant Defense seal.

Amelia (+Atk/-Res) with Swap, LaD3, Desperation, Armour March, Bonfire and Deflect Magic since she can't counter. I should probably give her a Blessing but i only have 1 so i'm indecisive.

since swapping out Sharena i get more 700 point matches although i really miss Sharena's Swordbreaker against Ayras and BKs since I'm very green weak. Buffed dragons are a problem now, too.

Suddenly got more wins with Fjorm instead of Sharena/Olivia, too since I always struggle with these maps

Edited by mcsilas

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not suggesting you to change his weapon, but there must be better ways to use that cool effect of Blazing Durandal. 

My planned +SPD 4*+10 Eliwood would have 35 base SPD. With LnD, Hone Cav and SPD seal he could reach 49 and would double quite a bunch of opponents. Too bad I'm short on copies and probably I sent home already a +SPD Eliwood in the past ...

Ah... that much speed is pretty much the same as Brave Roy...

There probably is some great way to utilize Blazing Durandal on Eliwood, but if there is then damnit I can't think of it. I'll stick to Glimmer and hope a good skill is released in the next few months.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Until they pronounce Tharja with [ʒ] or some other sound to make it official, I am sticking with [j] sound. I am used to pronouncing it as "booth far yes asleep."

That's the most dedicated way I've ever seen to explain how someone pronounces a name, but I too have always said "Thar-ya."

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

EDIT: wait, wait, wait! Stephanie Sheh’s Rhajat pronounces her name as rah-ZHAT. Does is mean Tharja is THAR-zha?!

I’ve always thought the Js are pronounced as [j] here and not as [ʒ].

What the actual fuck.

I have also always pronounced Rhajat's name that way. Why would this be indicative of how Tharja's name is supposed to be pronounced? Are you going to try to pronounce each letter the same way in both names? Good luck with the H.

These names came easy to me, but at least one of them always seems to be difficult for others. I'm so sick of hearing "Thar-JA."

50 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Vanilla Fjorm with Reposition (also has Spur Atk to not waste Barst's sacrifice but using Drive Atk) and Close Defense 3 SS

Black Knight +1 with SteadyBreath, Pivot, Black Luna, Vantage, Ward Armour and Quickened Pulse

Hector (+Spd/-Atk but with Summoner Support). Has Pivot, Bonfire, DC, Vantage, Goad Armour and Distant Defense seal.

Amelia (+Atk/-Res) with Swap, LaD3, Desperation, Armour March, Bonfire and Deflect Magic since she can't counter. I should probably give her a Blessing but i only have 1 so i'm indecisive.

since swapping out Sharena i get more 700 point matches although i really miss Sharena's Swordbreaker against Ayras and BKs since I'm very green weak. Buffed dragons are a problem now, too.

Suddenly got more wins with Fjorm instead of Sharena/Olivia, too since I always struggle with these maps

How do you deal with Rein+Brave Lyn? My team of Fjorm/Rein/B!Lyn/Hector is giving me incredible grief but I can't imagine running an Armor Emblem team would make things easier, especially with B!Lyn running around.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

How do you deal with Rein+Brave Lyn? My team of Fjorm/Rein/B!Lyn/Hector is giving me incredible grief but I can't imagine running an Armor Emblem team would make things easier, especially with B!Lyn running around.

Not him, but I use Bowbreaker Fjorm to negate the double from Brave Lyn and Deflect Magic Nino for eating Reinhardt regardless of build.

I don’t run any armors on my team and got 4934 in this week’s run, so I’m a bit confused.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I...don't. Lol. Or with careful positioning and Reposition.

Brave Bow Luna Brave Lyn is another weakness of mine, but the reason I went with armour team is just to see less cavalry in general. Yes there are still some but i get armour teams more often now.

reinhardt is a non-issue at least. Maybe i should give Fjorm Deflect Missile instead of Close Def since at least BK can usually handle swordies.

@MrSmokestack wow, nice- do you have merges though? Except for BK i don't really have merges. Or expensive specials like Aether.

I will admit, I am happy @Ice Dragon made the unit analysis thread because it helps newer players build some units they have. But my happyness may be from the fact of that I learned how to think outside the box and find out that DC Ruby Sword Arden and Wo Dao Arden are good, but I digress.

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@MrSmokestack wow, nice- do you have merges though? Except for BK i don't really have merges. Or expensive specials like Aether.

My Nino is +2 with Water Blessing and due for another merge next week, and my Ephraim is +1. The other two are Soleil and Fjorm with few changes to their base kit. Merges are pretty expensive and you need way more than just +1 or +2 to make any real difference in your score.

Just from looking at your team you’re missing out on a lot of SP which can go a long way to creeping up your score. Fjorm with her base kit is an arena point monster already, but the Dual Rally skills are worth double that of the older assists like Reposition. I’m still split between having positioning assists and rallies though since not having Reposition at all is much more difficult than one or two on your team.

My Ephraim has Rally Def / Res, Fjorm has Rally Spd / Def, and Nino has Aether. Soleil is great for scoring too save for not having a legendary weapon of her own, but Blazing Wind and Drive Res are worth a lot already.

53 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My Nino is +2 with Water Blessing and due for another merge next week, and my Ephraim is +1. The other two are Soleil and Fjorm with few changes to their base kit. Merges are pretty expensive and you need way more than just +1 or +2 to make any real difference in your score.

Just from looking at your team you’re missing out on a lot of SP which can go a long way to creeping up your score. Fjorm with her base kit is an arena point monster already, but the Dual Rally skills are worth double that of the older assists like Reposition. I’m still split between having positioning assists and rallies though since not having Reposition at all is much more difficult than one or two on your team.

My Ephraim has Rally Def / Res, Fjorm has Rally Spd / Def, and Nino has Aether. Soleil is great for scoring too save for not having a legendary weapon of her own, but Blazing Wind and Drive Res are worth a lot already.

That's fair, I just don't have the resources to add those plus after getting into Tier 20 before and getting a personal best, I think i'll just be casual and jump between 19 and 18 now

getting too competitive with it sucks the fun out of the game and isn't worth it when i was doing last minute fishing

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's fair, I just don't have the resources to add those plus after getting into Tier 20 before and getting a personal best, I think i'll just be casual and jump between 19 and 18 now

getting too competitive with it sucks the fun out of the game and isn't worth it when i was doing last minute fishing

Have you stayed in T20 though?

That's fine. My goal is to stay in T20 at least once personally.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Have you stayed in T20 though?

That's fine. My goal is to stay in T20 at least once personally.

Nah, ranking is pretty hard for what I have and that was before the fancy things like forges, blessings and level 3 sacred seals

just reaching it is enough for my f2p-ness haha

the game already sucks too much time (so is maintaining two accounts) i should be doing more rl stuff haha

goos luck in your goal though! Have you been really close?

I managed to stay in Tier 20 for a few weeks while Ursula was a bonus unit, which gave me the freedom to use the fourth unit I wanted, since she's part of my core team.  Between not being able to use a super-merged fourth unit and Fjorm inflated everyone else's score, I think I'll be going back down to Tier 19 tomorrow.  Maybe if I can get some more merging material, I can stay in Tier 20 easier, but I guess we'll see if they rerun Xander anytime soon or I get some more Titanias.

I managed to stay once when the cut-off for tier 20 was in the 4920s. Oddly enough, I feel like that was just a few months ago...maybe not even THAT long. T20 has become super inflated. Even T19 is getting there. I remember when 4840 was more than enough to get you into T20. My score this week is 4884 (with one death because I don't got time to stress out over the Arena even though I really wanna break my high score ;A; ). Last time I checked, I was closer to the bottom of the group that moves up. Around 9000/12000 perhaps. I suspect that'll drop even more by tomorrow.

But dang. If they keep releasing characters that boost scores like this, it's probably going to be hard to even stay in tier 19...

Hopefully, I can just get into tier 20.  Maybe I can with a Team of Ike, Black Knight, Fjorm, and Julia.

Edit: Also; this just crossed my head, but what type of units would the Christmas units we already know be? C!Robin looks to be either a Lance unit or a Sword unit. I hope he is a swordie as that would mean our first sword seasonal unit. And C!Thajra looks to be a staffer. 

Edited by Poimagic

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I managed to stay once when the cut-off for tier 20 was in the 4920s. Oddly enough, I feel like that was just a few months ago...maybe not even THAT long. T20 has become super inflated. Even T19 is getting there. I remember when 4840 was more than enough to get you into T20. My score this week is 4884 (with one death because I don't got time to stress out over the Arena even though I really wanna break my high score ;A; ). Last time I checked, I was closer to the bottom of the group that moves up. Around 9000/12000 perhaps. I suspect that'll drop even more by tomorrow.

But dang. If they keep releasing characters that boost scores like this, it's probably going to be hard to even stay in tier 19...

I don't like the Blessings because they are overcentralizing.  It pretty much forces you to use Fjorm to get the blessing bonus in Arena, which seems to be the difference between staying in Tier 20 and not.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't like the Blessings because they are overcentralizing.  It pretty much forces you to use Fjorm to get the blessing bonus in Arena, which seems to be the difference between staying in Tier 20 and not.

I'm too paranoid to actually use my blessings. I'm lucky enough to have 2, but I just know the minute I use one, I'll regret it. I guess water season will probably end soon since I assume there's some sort of rotation. That means they'll either release another character that coincides with another blessing, or we'll have an awkward gap where blessings don't mean a thing. Maybe. If I understand how they work properly.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm too paranoid to actually use my blessings. I'm lucky enough to have 2, but I just know the minute I use one, I'll regret it. I guess water season will probably end soon since I assume there's some sort of rotation. That means they'll either release another character that coincides with another blessing, or we'll have an awkward gap where blessings don't mean a thing. Maybe. If I understand how they work properly.

I've only got the one and haven't used it either.  It encourages whaling to actually have enough blessings to be able to use them without worrying about wasting them.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I've only got the one and haven't used it either.  It encourages whaling to actually have enough blessings to be able to use them without worrying about wasting them.

Pretty much. It's gonna be a really good way to make money. I actually wonder if we'll get a neutral copy of each legendary hero for free or if we'll have to pull for the future characters. The latter seems far more likely since it seems way too generous to give them away. Then again, they've been pretty generous with the free 5 stars we've gotten before.