Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@mampfoid Wow, that's some luck at least!

Yeah at least no TT means I have downtime to do quests.

Just beat the Berkut battles today as well. Rewarding when you can work it out on your own.

Speaking of Joshua, is he worth merging? I've used him to bait the mages in the Berkut GHB, and Close Defense is definitely a good skill to inherit, but I'm just not sure if someone so limited is worth merging.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Wow, that's some luck at least!

Yeah at least no TT means I have downtime to do quests.

Just beat the Berkut battles today as well. Rewarding when you can work it out on your own.

Speaking of Joshua, is he worth merging? I've used him to bait the mages in the Berkut GHB, and Close Defense is definitely a good skill to inherit, but I'm just not sure if someone so limited is worth merging.

That's the thing with luck: It comes when you don't expect it and often when you don't need it. 

Look at masked Marth: He is a good unit and he did very well in TTs for me, but he doesn't need merges to work (current max +3). Same goes for Joshua, if you want his merges for arena scoring, you will probably have to wait for more merges until he got power-creeped anyway. I gave his Close Defense to Tana. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's the thing with luck: It comes when you don't expect it and often when you don't need it. 

Look at masked Marth: He is a good unit and he did very well in TTs for me, but he doesn't need merges to work (current max +3). Same goes for Joshua, if you want his merges for arena scoring, you will probably have to wait for more merges until he got power-creeped anyway. I gave his Close Defense to Tana. 

Hmm that's fair. Close Def is a pretty rare skill, too- at least I have the Seal upgraded when I need it.

The only one I merged that's rare is Black Knight, although my dancers probably would have liked Wings of Mercy since Cains are pretty rare.

Well I guess with Masked Marth, she...err he doesn't have skills to inherit that's probably one case were merging would be good since there's no other use for the other Masked Marths. Eventually anyway, if ever I have excess feathers. Maybe Falchion is needed again with the buffed dragons (although Nowi is annoying)

29 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

[...]

Well I guess with Masked Marth, she...err he doesn't have skills to inherit that's probably one case were merging would be good since there's no other use for the other Masked Marths. Eventually anyway, if ever I have excess feathers. Maybe Falchion is needed again with the buffed dragons (although Nowi is annoying)

Yeah, I gave him the +1 merge, but I don't invest feathers for the +3 one. I'm thinking to give Masked Marth and Alm Cancel Affinity to be a good Nowi/Corrin counter in AA. 

I'm VERY relieved that I was finally able to clear Chain Challenge for Ch's 11-12 on Lunatic.  My stroke of inspiration occurred when I noticed that I had 10 Gunthers in my barracks just begging to fodder off their Hone Cavalry. 

The first 6 maps I cleared with a fun team of Olivia, Bladetome+/Desperation Nino, and Brave weapon/L&D/Desperation/Galeforce Cordelia and Camilla, with Camilla using Savage Blow 3 + SB2 Sacred Seal to soften up the mages in level 5.  The next three chapters were handled by Adult Tiki, PA Azura, Reinhardt and Brave Lyn buffing each other.  The remaining units in Level 10 after the Rein/B! Lyn kamikaze were easily handled by Ursula and Olwen honing each other (lol) and nuking those irritating 75 HP Echoes characters.

If I interrupted any serious discussion, please excuse my butting in and continue on with your lovely conversation.  I just wanted to get this off my chest.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'm VERY relieved that I was finally able to clear Chain Challenge for Ch's 11-12 on Lunatic.  My stroke of inspiration occurred when I noticed that I had 10 Gunthers in my barracks just begging to fodder off their Hone Cavalry. 

I've pulled four Gunthers since the game's launch. To date, I think the biggest mistake I've ever made in this game long term was sending home the 1 star free Gunther.

And just four Jagen. Game does not want me to have cav buffs even though Blue and Green are easily my most pulled colors.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

[...]

If I interrupted any serious discussion, please excuse my butting in and continue on with your lovely conversation.  I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Congratulations! It has been one of the few things I pushed from week to week before I really made a serious attempt, since already their lunatic story maps were kind of challenging on their release. 

Nah, no seriousness here. Just trying to keep the conversation alive while nothing happens in-game. 

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Why is Tailtiu bad? 

Because she's basically a -Atk Linde without access to Dark Aura. Or a [+Spd, -Atk] Lute without Weirding Tome (and with HP instead of Res so she couldn't Ploy anyways).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because she's basically a -Atk Linde without access to Dark Aura. Or a [+Spd, -Atk] Lute without Weirding Tome (and with HP instead of Res so she couldn't Ploy anyways).

Recently I pulled a +ATK Tailtiu and I want to use her with Blarblade. A neutral Blarblade Linde, available at 4*, not perfect, but also not exactly bad? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would love to have any of these three characters, lol

But really how much would I love that when I never pulled on any banners that included them. And let's face it, character-wise, those three are all C tier in their respective games.

14 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Pretty much this: also, Linde's cottonballs give her super strength.

I might pull out my 2 "cottonballs" that I got 2 years ago the next time she's on a banner.

They're supposed to be snowballs but eh, close enough.

WitwZUY.jpg

Has anyone else had the problem with the game constantly redownloading data? It used to be over 800 mb, but now it's down to around 700 mb for me. Normally this would happen if I cleared my cache, and I thought I had maybe accidentally done it a few times. For a while, the game data would have to redownload twice a day. I provided feedback to a few different places (the game app, the app store, etc.) It stopped for a few days, but now it's started again. Someone says it's probably a problem with iOS. I kind of want to start a topic to discuss it since it isn't the usual error, but idk if it's a big enough problem. I noticed a few reviews on the app mention it at least...

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have an "amazing" feather count of 8,999. This isn't going to get annoying really fast, I can tell.

UGH. I know, right? I was perfectly content with my multiples of 5, but now I'm stuck with this awkward odd number that can never be fixed. >.>

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

UGH. I know, right? I was perfectly content with my multiples of 5, but now I'm stuck with this awkward odd number that can never be fixed. >.>

I was hoping for a number that could fix my awkward number count, but it just made it worse XD

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was hoping for a number that could fix my awkward number count, but it just made it worse XD

If you restart the app, then tap on the visiting unit to receive your greeting feathers as soon as it walks in, if your friends list has not fully loaded, you can end up getting fewer than 5 feathers for the second set of feathers that is based on the size of your friends list.

dumped a load of feathers into some GHB promotions in anticipation for some warrior map grinding: Ursula, Narcian, Berkut and Michalis

I've still got 66k left over, so I'll probably do Arvis once I raise him to 40 4*, then just hang on to the last 40k for future things. Going to feel great to get those guys' conversations.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you restart the app, then tap on the visiting unit to receive your greeting feathers as soon as it walks in, if your friends list has not fully loaded, you can end up getting fewer than 5 feathers for the second set of feathers that is based on the size of your friends list.

Huh, I had no idea that was a thing. I should try to do that, see if I can get the last digit to a number that pisses me off less. Because if I leave it the way it is, one day I'll end up being 1 feather short to promote someone with no reliable way to get more feathers until the next day, and I will be annoyed.

>EDIT: holy fuck I hate how this forum software processes spoiler tags. It’s infuriating. When I fucking type [/spoiler], I expect the fucking spoiler to fucking end right fucking there, and not to last until eternity. Fuck’s sake.<

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep
I finally did this:

Screenshot_20171212_090146.png

Screenshot_20171212_090150.png

Screenshot_20171212_090154.png

Screenshot_20171212_090205.png

-

Now I have all three Askrans at 5★.

Edited by Vaximillian

I kind of wish they had given Fjorm a different weapon.  She's basically Sharena 2.0 and they had several other weapon types that could have been used for F2P units.  She could have been a Blue Tome unit, and it would have really fit the Ice theme.  She could have been the first Close Counter Tome unit, too.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She's basically Sharena 2.0 and they had several other weapon types that could have been used for F2P units.  

I’d even say Fjorm is Sharena 3.0. CYL Lucina was Sharena 2.0.