Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Also...why are we getting even more axe armors? Lance armors are the ones that could use more variety, but we're still just getting one new one. No new sword armors at least, though there's still another red armor.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Pretty certain that was added with this video, so you didn't actually miss anything.

Oh, really? I guess I don't feel quite as dumb then, haha.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Christmas Fir.

Precisely. I guess there's always the possibility for next year...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I can't be the only one who is extremely worried by the precedence set by some of these skills, the brazen skills are fine since there defiant counterparts are more or less useless but Vengeful fighter is Quick Riposte but the activation threshold is 50% and it charges your special faster and Bold fighter is just Brash Assault but with no hp threshold and it charges your special faster. For once I am really hoping these are limited to armours because these are blatant powercreep on the level of Arvis recovery ring or Ardens Pursuit ringĀ 

Edited by Mackc2

14 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I can't be the only one who is extremely worried by the pretence set by some of these skillsā€¦

The word youā€™re looking for is ā€œprecedentā€, but yes, these skills are a load of bullshit.

Unlike the defiants, brazens can be good. Bold and Vengeful are basically Pursuit ring+ because of the special count. And of course, ranged non-horse and non-footĀ stay seasonal because fuck you. Fuck you is why.

Edited by Vaximillian

So, wait.

Why do both Chrom and Lissa exist here again? Their weapons are identical in all but name... Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's the first time we've had two separate weapons that have the exact same effect.Ā Why???

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, wait.

Why do both Chrom and Lissa exist here again? Their weapons are identical in all but name... Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's the first time we've had two separate weapons that have the exact same effect.Ā Why???

Because ... because.

I'm not pulling on the Christmas banner, the only seasonal banner I've pulled on is the dancer one. And yet I feel a little disappointed.

23 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Vengeful fighter is Quick Riposte but the activation threshold is 50% and it charges your special faster and Bold fighter is just Brash Assault but with no hp threshold and it charges your special faster.

Doesn't +1 special cooldown charge mean slower activation rate though?

Just now, KongDude said:

No. +1 special cool down charge is also in heavy blades description I really wish it was the way you said it thoughĀ 

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The sack is inheritable. You all can make Santa Hector a reality, even if IS didnā€™t.

Christmas Fir.

Santa Hector with Armor March. Ho-ho indeed.

lissa is the only one i'm close to interested in but only as a free summon. Wouldn't mind if i get Chrom since i didn't have Spring Chrom.

now let's theorycraft joke weapon builds!

Bartre with a bell? (Calling for Fir?)

Arvis with the candle? (He should've been the armour)

Lilina being a pyromaniac with the candle? Or Celica? Or religious Apostle candle Sanaki?

Legion with the sack (and looking like a festive kidnapper?)

christmas Michalis with the sack? Or Santa superhero Arthur?

Just now, KongDude said:

Huh. That's kind of confusing, because killers say -1 for whatever it was.

Okay lets explain this killer and slayer decrease the overall special count thus special count -1 (Luna goes from 3 CD to 2 ect.) whereas these effects are more akin to steady breath or Heavy Blade they make each attack count for two charge instead of counting for one charge thus cooldown count +1 per attackĀ Ā 

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Okay lets explain this killer and slayer decrease the overall special count thus special count -1 (Luna goes from 3 CD to 2 ect.) whereas these effects are more akin to steady breath or Heavy Blade they make each attack count for two charge instead of counting for one charge thus cooldown count +1 per attackĀ Ā 

I see. Well uh. These skills are pretty disgusting then.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would assume these "fighter" B skills to be armor exclusive like wary fighter.Ā 

I really really hope so because imagine for a second Reinhardt with Bold fighter. That said I hope Chrom and Robins skills aren't because I think the defiant skills where really interesting just not strong enough but these might be overkillĀ Ā 

I was looking forward for today, because I planned to finally promote and level up Fae (Def forged lightning breath). Well, with the warrior maps it took ~30 minutes to bring her to level 40. She could auto/solo all maps, only on Hinokas and Camillas maps on hard difficulty I had to do it manually, to not let the healers die (they were not necessary for Fae, but they needed some XP anyway. In fact I had to give Fae Fury1, to let the healers heal something).Ā 

Now I'll have to wait for the next 20k feathers ...Ā 

Oh yay. More axe armours. Exactly what this game needed.

That being said, no way I'm not pulling for Chrom... Knowing my luck, I'll end up with three Lissas like I did last time I tried to pull for him (only then it was Spring Camillas). I don't mind getting one Lissa, but honestly, I'm probably never going to use her. Armours are my least used units. The movement is too restrictive even with armour march.

Also... Tharja's an armour unit? Armour? Really? Wearing that? Oo

Assuming the Fighter skills are Armor-only, easy skip for me after the first summoning session, and only for the relevant colours (screw colourless for a while in my case).

Armors are just annoying to me, and, without an abundance of Hectors, also entirely pointless. Welp, makes it easy to amass some orbs, just to pull some Bartres in 2018.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

...Why so many armors though?

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

WHY ARE THEY ALL ARMOR

Heavy coats are heavy.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I can't be the only one who is extremely worried by the precedence set by some of these skills, the brazen skills are fine since there defiant counterparts are more or less useless but Vengeful fighter is Quick Riposte but the activation threshold is 50% and it charges your special faster and Bold fighter is just Brash Assault but with no hp threshold and it charges your special faster. For once I am really hoping these are limited to armours because these are blatant powercreep on the level of Arvis recovery ring or Ardens Pursuit ringĀ 

Armor-only skills. They share the same skill icon motif with Wary Fighter (an arrangement of circles) and they have the same naming scheme as Wary Fighter in both English and Japanese.

Ā 

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, wait.

Unless I'm somehow mistaken about how the game is structured, the game actually has three different weapons with the same effect andĀ name: Falchion. The only difference is the weapon sprite.

Ā 

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

No. +1 special cool down charge is also in heavy blades description I really wish it was the way you said it thoughĀ 

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Huh. That's kind of confusing, because killers say -1 for whatever it was.

Killer weapons have -1 to the special gauge. Heavy Blade-style skills have +1 to special charge rate (it's just poorly worded).

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Can someone explain SP grinding on the warriors maps?Ā 

Camillas warrior map (hard difficulty) gives full SP to 5* level 40 units, also when already solved for a low amount of stamina. Because there are so many units to beat in the warrior maps, the SP/stamina ratio is unbeatable.Ā 

Edited by mampfoid
Hard difficulty added

....Christmas Armors. ...Arright. Mkay.

Not sure if want... It's about time armors got a bit more of a kick, but I'm still not really one for them. Lissa I probably want the most, maybe I want Tharja?... that Brazen ATK/SPD on Robin 2 gud though... that's basically Life and Death 3.5 for a lot of units without sacrificing bulk. Really really nice stuff.

They won't be around very long either... maybe I'll summon for them some.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Camillas warrior map gives full SP to 5* level 40 units, also when already solved for a low amount of stamina. Because there are so many units to beat in the warrior maps, the SP/stamina ratio is unbeatable.Ā 

To be exact iirc the sp stamina ratio is around twice of 1&2 CC. For 10 SO its around 148 ish sp on double SP iirc to 1&2 156 for 20

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I really really hope so because imagine for a second Reinhardt with Bold fighter. That said I hope Chrom and Robins skills aren't because I think the defiant skills where really interesting just not strong enough but these might be overkillĀ Ā 

chill they are armor exclusiv, and while they look strong on paper. They arent really, because Armorers were never Player Phase units to begin with, with their shitty movement.

Bold Fighter 3 looks as an interesting skill to give to Hector, turning him into a semi Enemy and Player Phase unit, since he has built in Quick Riposte

Vengefull fighter looks interesting but all slow armors that have high attack basicly give up their defensiv option in the form of Wary Fighter. Onits like Zephial with low Speed risk to get doubled and ORKO easier.

This banner is all about the brazen skills because they look quite fantastic.