• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Jesus I just realized Lyn wants Brazen ATK/SPD... really, REALLY bad.

Brazen ATK/SPD + Wrath = Perpetual death.

actually she wants Atk/def because her upgraded sol katti allready gives her desperation and brash assault, meaning she will double anyone that can counter, giving her more physical bulk. But then again there is mages you want to double sooooo yaie?

At least we have a new lance armour now?

Actually you know what we don't have yet? An axe pegasus knight. Lissa would've been perfect because on her reclass options was Peg Knight and it also calls back to her Axe wielding War Cleric.

But yeah I can deal with Axe Lissa at least. Her metal skirt thing is armour enough.

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

At least we have a new lance armour now?

Actually you know what we don't have yet? An axe pegasus knight. Lissa would've been perfect because on her reclass options was Peg Knight and it also calls back to her Axe wielding War Cleric.

But yeah I can deal with Axe Lissa at least. Her metal skirt thing is armour enough.

a Flying Reindeer Axe Lissa that is in an armored unti would have been perfect! suffers still from shit movement but can surpass mountains and water lol

Edited by Hilda

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The description for Brazen X says: “Grants X during combat”. If the translation is correct, it will stack with hones. Can @Ice Dragon confirm?

it will stack, during combat allways means its a "spur"effect and not a hone effect

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

it will stack, during combat allways means its a "spur"effect and not a hone effect

know what the descriptions mean. What I don’t know is if they match the Japanese originals. Can’t trust the localisation team blindly after some of their blunders.

Edited by Vaximillian

These armor units seem baffling to me. I liked them on paper but then I got to thinking how stat line dependent a lot of the skills were - I mean, taking a non wary-fighter B skill with LitrBlade being a thing is a scary thing for armors unless they KO common mages on their first counter.  

Having steady breath in the B could give access to armors that formerly had to choose between steady breath and Distant Counter.... but this skill is Heavy Blade.. I don't think it will help bring the to the Quick Pulse  + Black Luna horror to armors without built in distant counter - People really shouldn't attack into things they don't kill in 2 hits. Nevermind the lessened value of Quick Riposte type skills in general in the world of healers.

Bold Fighter looks funny, but I don't see why you would run it on an armor emblem rather than the traditional Brave Fliers+mass goad fliers. The quad just isn't really neccesary for securing kills , and it precludes the utility of (hit and run/drag back) that made it easier to reposition your units away in the case of flier emblem (nevermind positioning to attack in the first place. Needless to say that an unprotected armor is going to die. I do think it might have potential on ranged armor units.

Going to go with the crowd and say that the A slot Brazen skills will be the best, at least for Jakob/Henry.  Also it's a double slap in the face to the weapon refinery buff to anti-armor weapons, since these also can't be canceled out,just like the common ward armor.

I like the idea of this banner, but personally I'm not comfortable building armors outside of 1 dimension, and that dimension is the world of distant counter/wary fighter and occasional vantage.

The footage is out and all of these units, are.....armors? Also, why did they have to make Thajra's design sexual. And it seems like there doing what they did for flier emblem, release mages for the team one by one, only this time, they released the red mage along with a bunch of units of it's type. Also, all of the units have a Fury 2 boost when attacked in there weapon. Interesting, considering that all of these units might have high def.

Well I am laughing at myself. We have 2x SP so I figured I would grind up some SP on my Amelia incase I want to give her a hammer or something else. I couldn't figure out why they were pounding on her so hard. For a second I thought they up and upped the difficulty. Then it dawned on me. I wasn't supposed to be doing this on Lunatic. Oops. Oh well turns out Amelia gets more SP on Lunatic than on Hard. Not sure if it is enough to warrant the cost increase. Nowi has to stay on Hard though. I doubt she can solo clear lunatic. But hard should earn her her Lightning Breath refinement!

I have 69 orbs saves up for the next banner. Hopefully I’ll get one ( Hopefully Robin ) unlike the Halloweeen Banner. It’s also nice to see they giving variations of Male Avatars, since previously they did female ones.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

actually she wants Atk/def because her upgraded sol katti allready gives her desperation and brash assault, meaning she will double anyone that can counter, giving her more physical bulk. But then again there is mages you want to double sooooo yaie?

My Lyn is +ATK/-SPD. She wants that extra SPD. Plus she'll be under 75%, meaning she probably doesn't want to take a hit to begin with. Killing those mages is crucial however.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Heavy coats are heavy.

Unless I'm somehow mistaken about how the game is structured, the game actually has three different weapons with the same effect and name: Falchion. The only difference is the weapon sprite.

Forgive me, but I have a hard time believing that Tharja's outfit is as heavy as the others...

Ah, that's a good point, I forgot about that. I guess this would still be the first time that identical (and inheritable) weapons have different names, but it's overall not technically a new thing.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The description for Brazen X says: “Grants X during combat”. If the translation is correct, it will stack with hones. Can @Ice Dragon confirm?

The translation is correct. The Brazen skills are in-combat buffs.

5 hours ago, Reality said:

I like the idea of this banner, but personally I'm not comfortable building armors outside of 1 dimension, and that dimension is the world of distant counter/wary fighter and occasional vantage.

Armor March specifically exists to make player-phase armor builds viable, and we've gotten several high-Spd armors recently that make good use of it. Bold Fighter now gives every armor the ability to run a player-phase build without needing to invest in a a Spd-based build.

44 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Forgive me, but I have a hard time believing that Tharja's outfit is as heavy as the others...

She actually keeps sheet metal sewn up within that cape.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The translation is correct. The Brazen skills are in-combat buffs.

Then brazens are straight-up improvement over defiants and don’t stand in the way of hones.

Defiants ought to be upgradeable into brazens much like killers into slayers.

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, wait.

Why do both Chrom and Lissa exist here again? Their weapons are identical in all but name... Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's the first time we've had two separate weapons that have the exact same effect. Why???

Summer banner 1 did the same thing. All their weapons had the same boosting effect.

Just now, silverserpent said:

Summer banner 1 did the same thing. All their weapons had the same boosting effect.

Yeah, but none of them shared an exact weapon type. In this banner, we have two axe users, both with a weapon that has the exact same effect under a different name and design. That's more what I find weird about this particular case.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, but none of them shared an exact weapon type. In this banner, we have two axe users, both with a weapon that has the exact same effect under a different name and design. That's more what I find weird about this particular case.

Fair enough. Although you could argue that it did occur since Freddy and Gaius were colorless and are ranged.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Fair enough. Although you could argue that it did occur since Freddy and Gaius were colorless and are ranged.

But their weapons are completely different in type and effect.

Heroes has a lot of patterns in its content, but this also means people often see patterns that don't exist, or get broken, or turn out to only be meant to apply some of the time. I got curious about the different ways each of the main banners have broken new ground, doing things that might not have been expected to be on the table.

(Note: in this, I use "banner" as shorthand to refer to just main banners, unless specifying another type of banner. I also use "base game" to refer to what was available to either player or enemy units at launch, not just player units.)

Family Bonds

• First post-release main banner
    • 4 characters
    • All central characters with exclusive legendary weapons
    • Even gender split
    • Even split between 4* drops and 5* exclusives

Sibling Bonds

• First 6-character banner
  • First banner to have characters without new skills
  • First banner to have multiple characters share a weapon

Blazing Shadows

• First banner to focus on a single game
  • First banner to include new inheritable skills
  • First banner to have a majority of its units be the same color

Spring Festival

• First seasonal banner
    • First banner to have limited-time units
    • First banner to have alternate outfits for existing characters rather than new characters
    • First banner to have units with multiple skills not in the base game
    • First banner where all characters have new inheritable weapons
    • First banner where all characters have new passives
    • First banner to have a unit with a weapon/movement type combination not in the base game

World of Shadows

• First non-seasonal banner where all characters have at least one new inheritable skill
  • First non-seasonal banner to have a unit with multiple skills not in the base game

World of Radiance

• First banner associated with a new story chapter rather than a paralogue
  • First non-seasonal banner where a character has a dual-stat skill

Rite of Shadows

• First banner to have an uneven gender balance
  • First banner to have complete color balance

Bridal Blessings

• First banner where all characters are the same gender
  • First seasonal banner to have a character not in the base game
  • First seasonal banner to have a healer
    • Correspondingly: First seasonal banner where not all four new weapons share one effect
  • First banner to have a new assist
    • Correspondingly: First seasonal banner to have a character without a new passive

Echoes of Mystery

• First non-seasonal banner to have a skill introduced on a seasonal banner
  • First non-seasonal banner to have a new assist
  • First non-seasonal banner to have a unit with 3 new skills
  • First banner to have a weapon introduced as 5* exclusive available on a unit dropping to 4*
  • First banner where associated story maps feature new upcoming free units

Ylissean Summer

• First banner to have an extended length
  • First (main) banner to also function as an event banner
  • First seasonal banner to focus on a single game

Alm's Army + Celica's Army

• First "banner" split across two simultaneous smaller banners
  • First non-seasonal banner(s) where fewer than half the units drop to 4*
  • First banner to have inheritable weapons strictly better than existing weapons
  • First banner to have new legendary weapons as variants of existing legendary weapons

Nohrian Summer

• First seasonal banner to include a character previously featured on a seasonal banner
  • First seasonal banner to have a unit with a weapon type they'd used previously
  • First seasonal banner to have a character with only one new skill
  • First banner to have a character with 4 new skills

The Sacred World

• First non-seasonal, non-split banner where fewer than half the units drop to 4*
  • First banner (or any other aspect of Heroes) to have an armored unit with a BST bonus
    • Correspondingly: First banner to have an armored unit

Brave Heroes

• First CYL banner
    • First non-seasonal banner where no units drop to 4*
    • First non-seasonal banner to have alternate outfits for existing characters rather than new characters
    • First banner to have units with 5 skills
    • First banner to have units with non-inheritable passives
    • First banner to have units with a non-trainee BST bonus
    • First banner to have a legendary weapon strictly better than an existing legendary weapon
    • First non-seasonal banner to have a unit with a weapon/movement type combination not previously featured on a named character

Dauntless Crimeans

• First (non-split) banner to have only three characters

Performing Arts

• First seasonal banner to have a unit with a legendary weapon
  • First seasonal banner to have dancers
  • First all-dancer banner
  • First banner to feature children characters with inconsistent hair color
    • (I don't care if it sounds silly, that still counts as noteworthy)

World of Holy War

• First non-CYL banner to have a unit with 5 skills
    • Also a non-inheritable passive and non-trainee BST bonus, for that matter
  • First banner where associated story maps feature a new upcoming non-free unit, released on an event banner shared with old characters

Trick or Defeat!

• First banner to have multiple units with new weapon/movement type combinations
    • Correspondingly: First banner to have ranged armors
  • First seasonal banner to have an effect shared among only two new weapons

Farfetched Heroes

• First CYL banner to have new characters rather than new outfits for old ones
  • First three-character CYL banner

Children of Fate

• First banner to have its associated story maps available before it
    • Correspondingly: First banner where associated story maps don't all feature the banner characters
    • (Also I don't think they even get dialogue in the maps where they do appear?)

Winter's Envoy

• First seasonal banner introduced in the middle of the month
  • First seasonal banner where multiple characters share a weapon type
    • Correspondingly: First banner where multiple characters have different but functionally identical weapons
  • First banner where all characters share a movement type other than infantry

Edited by Othin