Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its better to just run HB Siegbert on 1 slot though

Yep, he is stronger and everything, but I already got 2 red Galeforce units (Elincia and Roy). 

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Not sure if theres anyone who can run HB LnD Slaying set effectively

I'll try it on my +SPD Minerva, I need more Galeforce fodder though. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What about Heavy Blade Soleil? I mean sure she doesn't get cav buffs or extra Movement, but that Atk stat is still pretty scary

Plus she can be given buffs from Atk Tactic 3 and Dark Aura, so she's really only missing the +6 to speed.

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Well Brave Roy is objectively dead 

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove

How so? Heavy Blade B!Roy never did anything a ridiculously fast brave user couldn't in terms of Galeforce. It's one of the few reasons to run someone like Cordelia over Rein, sure, she has 2 less reach, which hurts like hell, but Galeforce is the only way to generate extra action turns. Unlike dancing, which only generates extra movement turns---the action turn is simply transfered.

He was good at it because of his spread, 32/34 is quite good for cavalry, and he has barely passable levels of physical bulk as well---it's worse than Reinhardt's, but comparing Rein to anything, even other horse units, is kind of unfair. And a 19 MT sword and an S-slot is damn hard to beat. Siegbert has 20 MT on offense, sure, but costing an S-slot means that he's actually trading 2 MT for 4 defense, assuming you didn't want something like quick pulse in the S-slot, which would end up costing an A-slot instead, even more costly in terms of stats.

And that's just with a Atk +3 seal, if we get better ones, then, ignoring the fact that Reinhardt would be even more dominant, Siegbert and anyone else without a special charge skill built into their Prf would be even worse off relative to B!Roy.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

How so? Heavy Blade B!Roy never did anything a ridiculously fast brave user couldn't in terms of Galeforce. It's one of the few reasons to run someone like Cordelia over Rein, sure, she has 2 less reach, which hurts like hell, but Galeforce is the only way to generate extra action turns. Unlike dancing, which only generates extra movement turns---the action turn is simply transfered.

He was good at it because of his spread, 32/34 is quite good for cavalry, and he has barely passable levels of physical bulk as well---it's worse than Reinhardt's, but comparing Rein to anything, even other horse units, is kind of unfair. And a 19 MT sword and an S-slot is damn hard to beat. Siegbert has 20 MT on offense, sure, but costing an S-slot means that he's actually trading 2 MT for 4 defense, assuming you didn't want something like quick pulse in the S-slot, which would end up costing an A-slot instead, even more costly in terms of stats.

And that's just with a Atk +3 seal, if we get better ones, then, ignoring the fact that Reinhardt would be even more dominant, Siegbert and anyone else without a special charge skill built into their Prf would be even worse off relative to B!Roy.

Siegbert has the better offensiv stats (atk+spd) then B.Roy and better physical bulk as a trade of for poor magical bulks. And B.Roys magical bulks wasnt there to begin with either.

So yeah Siegbert wins with this Seal in his S.Seal slot, no matter how you turn it around. At the designated task of a player phase unit with Galeforce Siegbert wins against B.Roy. But you can built a +RES B.Roy and turn him into a magical tank with Distant Def Seal if you desire so much!

Just now, Hilda said:

Siegbert has the better offensiv stats (atk+spd) then B.Roy and better physical bulk as a trade of for poor magical bulks. And B.Roys magical bulks wasnt there to begin with either.

So yeah Siegbert wins with this Seal in his S.Seal slot, no matter how you turn it around. At the designated task of a player phase unit with Galeforce Siegbert wins against B.Roy. But you can built a +RES B.Roy and turn him into a magical tank with Distant Def Seal if you desire so much!

I misread Dark Great Sword (it's Swift Sparrow rather than Sturdy Blow), meaning it's quite a bit better than I thought, but that doesn't change the fact that B!Roy's sword is the better Prf.

Swift Sparrow is worth slightly less than a skill slot (because it's a weak skill, out competed by Fury 3 and L&D 3), whereas Heavy Blade is worth a full skill slot (otherwise we wouldn't be spending an S-slot on it), and Atk +3, surprisingly enough, is worth about half a skillslot (+3 Atk is half of DB3---a bit better, actually, since it works on defense, but we're using napkin math).

This means B!Roy's sword is about half a skillslot better than Siegbert's.

This is actually kind of hard to beat completely, even with a more min-maxed spread thanks to higher BST.

If you wanted to slap on Quick Pulse (turning Galeforce from 5 to 4 cd, thereby allowing it to proc even versus ranged units), the effects are clear. It becomes A-slot & Atk +3 versus Swift Sparrow.

You might note that, even in the worst case for a quick pulse build, you can just slap Swift Sparrow in the A-slot and get, more or less, a 39/38 B!Roy versus a 38/39 Siegbert. Because Siegbert has to take Heavy Blade in the A-slot if he wanted to run Quick Pulse.

B!Roy is far closer to a 35/34 unit when compared to Siegbert than 'just' a 32/34, because his Prf is about half a skill slot stronger. You might note that 35/34 vs. 34/35 is nearly identical. Siegbert is the better unit in general, because he has more stats, and his bulk is more min-maxed, but in offense builds he's not strictly superior. B!Roy is better at L&D mage killing because, if Siegbert wanted to trigger Galeforce vs. mages, he has to run quick pulse in the S-slot. L&D is better than Swift Sparrow by 2 points in terms of Atk/Spd, meaning Siegbert's better bulk has to do a lot of work to equalize.

I mean, maybe you only ever use Galeforce versus melee units, so you don't think about what happens when they smack a unit that can't counter, but saying 'strictly' better  on player phase when Siegbert is flat out worse versus non-countering units, because he can't trigger Galeforce without sacrificing his A-slot for Heavy Blade, makes me wonder if you ever actually used a Galeforce unit.

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

I really dont think Grani's Shield will be available. the omnipotent presence of cavalry is to big to warrant it. Flyers getting Iote's Shield is justified, because BLyn presence is almost everywhere. As in other news, Beruka can now punch BLyn in the face with this seal.

I was joking about how long it's been since Xander and Camus have had their re-runs and how their skills might show up as seals before them which would lead to more complaints because, well, people like complaining. That being said, considering what has been given out as Sacred Seals, it's possible that it could happen. Given the original order of the GHBs up to Camus, it's going to take 3 more re-runs, Zephiel, Xander, and Lloyd's, before we get to his not to mention any new GHB units and other GHB re-runs like how Berkut has a shorter re-run following Michalis's or BHBs, this just lengthens the time for TTs to potentially show up with Grani's Shield, Svalinn's Shield, Flashing Blade, Fierce Stance, or whatever random skills that people would find very useful.

12 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Not sure if theres anyone who can run HB LnD Slaying set effectively

What would you be looking for in that kind of set? Other than high attack because without it, HB wouldn't be as effective. @mcsilas mentioned Soleil already because of her high 38/35 offenses, but she would need to inherit a Slaying Edge+ or evolve a Killing Edge+ which people might not want to do since she has Firesweep Sword by default.

Minerva was mentioned, so Saber being red infantry Minerva, he could run it. How well? Not sure.

Continuing with sword infantry, I feel like Ogma might be a good candidate. He has high offenses while having good physical bulk at the cost of abysmal magical bulk. Neutral Ogma with an unforged Slaying Edge+ and L&D3 would have 47/54/39/23/8. He'd be torn apart by Brave users and mages and manaketes.

Valter might work, but he's at a disadvantage when Cursed Lance can't be forged at the moment and it's the reason why his offenses are effectively 34/33 and not his actual 32/31 base. So, he loses out on whatever stat boosts he could have gained if it could be forged like Slaying Lance+ could. That said, Cursed Lance and L&D3 give him 42/55/38/29/14 and having access to flier buffs can make it easier for him to hit harder and faster for HB to work. Cursed Lance's recoil could also get him into Desperation range safely. He needs to take 11 damage, though, and that would have been easier with Fury 3 adding to Cursed Lance's recoil.

Maybe Eldigan with a Fury forged Mystletainn? The only problem with this is that BH Roy and Siegbert exist where they would do similar things and have higher base speed to work with. I'm just going to use -Res for this... With +Spd, -Res, a Fury forged Mystletainn, and Fury 3, he would have 48/54/34/40/21 while L&D3 would give him 48/56/36/32/13.

And then there's +Spd, -Res Cherche, Chrom, and Frederick and Michalis running L&D3 because why the hell not.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

@Kadentbh by the time Xander and Camus get a rerun of their GHB they will be outclassed by the powercreep. Hell Xander is allready outclassed by a refined Elidgan that has more merges available lol

I hope Camus gets powercreeped by Zeke and Sirius. Or Marcus or a super version of Jagen with armor BST while still being a cavalry unit. WHO'S OLD NOW, SONNY!? :p

@DehNutCase thats a good point on the value of QP actually. I kinda forgot how huge the effect could be since it guarantees Kill Dance kill cycle gf cycle evem against squishy

@Kaden HB Killer is the only way to get constant 2 hit Galeforce. Its actually one of my 2 awaited build the other being Brave Lucina on a horse for balanced 11/7 

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Kaden HB Killer is the only way to get constant 2 hit Galeforce. Its actually one of my 2 awaited build the other being Brave Lucina on a horse for balanced 11/7

Yeah, I get that, but I meant in terms of stats and what kind of unit like I could see Amelia, the Black Knight, winter Lissa, winter M!Robin and probably any of the armors with Bold Fighter being able to do that, but it probably wouldn't be practical.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I get that, but I meant in terms of stats and what kind of unit like I could see Amelia, the Black Knight, winter Lissa, winter M!Robin and probably any of the armors with Bold Fighter being able to do that, but it probably wouldn't be practical.

If were only finding the good one you can just pick Slaying refined AT or SP and put it on Cordelia/Hana/Elincia/Raven/Lucina

Speed Horsie can do it too i guess and Buff/Blucina can make up the rest

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

So we're getting Fjorm's sister this soon eh? I like her debuff based legendary blade tome. Now her B skill is something else, debuffing the enemy with the lowest defense is nasty but at the same time it is pretty inconsistent considering that it does nothing if that enemy is out of reach. The rest of her kit is normal so eh. 

I don't know if I really want to summon here, I mean Gunnthrá is nice and all but the others....

I don't need Ryoma as I already have Ike, the Spring units are meh, I have 2 B!Lyns already and Charlotte is meh too, Sigurd and B!Roy are nice but I already have Sigurd and Roy isn't what I want from a red cav. That leaves Elise, Innes, Amelia and Fjorm as units I want alongside Gunnthrá (gods her name is a handful to write).

Gunnthrá looks cool. Green mage cav we needed but not the one we deserved. Not sure I’m going to summon here though. Green has Chrom (ehhh) and Amelia (whatever).

Edited by Vaximillian

Oh yeah, there's an official survey right now in the notice board! 

I hope this will allow for more Sacred Stones heroes and also for IS to step it up in the story/character development department because right now it kind of sucks.

Edit: Er...When I finished the survey it looped me back at the beginning, I hope my answers were recorded.

Edited by Alexmender

Already filled it. It asks what you think of each mode and how frequent do you want them to be. Which fire emblem have you played post blazing sword. Which is your favourite. It asks for original ideas, your spending habits each month. What's good with each mode and what's  bad about it

Edited by silveraura25

On 12/19/2017 at 12:02 AM, Glennstavos said:

I wonder what the 200th character in Heroes will be. 

Alfonso, Alfonse's estranged father thought to have been lost in a legendary battle but was actually captured and brainwashed by the Emblans. Now fights as part of Surtr's army. Comes to his senses after battling and nearly killing his children in Chapter 3-5 set to release at the end of the month.

Welp, I missed the mark. GG, FE Heroes.