Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Anacybele said:

People mean that these GHBs and TTs are just reruns of old stuff. Masked Marth was already run as a TT unit twice. All these GHBs were run before. There are no new GHBs or BHBs.

We've been getting about 4 orbs out of each them, though, as well as an extra copy of said character. And for those of us who didn't get the chance to either beat their respctive Infernals or even them as a whole, we get said chance. A lot of the returning ones didn't even have an "Infernal", which just adds to an extra 2k feathers to your pocket.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm just saving orbs for the seasonal banner. I wouldn't save for the seasonal banner if there weren't fliers. But since there are fliers, I'm obliged to go for them for my flier emblem. If there were fliers on the legendary banner, then it would be a bit harder.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Trials are very grindy. It gets boring after the first few days. GHBs don't happen too often and end up being over in a day. I guess testing out teams is my current way of coping. I wish Gunthraa is free. Then I could have my Gunthraa, Arvis, Lute and Brave Lyn dream team.

That's a price and willing to pay for, all the time. Look at the prices. They're amazing.

Just now, Soul~! said:

We've been getting about 4 orbs out of each them, though, as well as an extra copy of said character. And for those of us who didn't get the chance to either beat their respctive Infernals or even them as a whole, we get said chance. A lot of the returning ones didn't even have an "Infernal", which just adds to an extra 2k feathers to your pocket.

My problem is that they're too long and don't happen very often. Heck, they could even use units from the summoning pool for GHBs.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

It's still a lot of reruns and very little actual new characters/content.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's still a lot of reruns and very little actual new characters/content.

Basically that. When it comes to GHB or BHB there is no new content. You can't deny that IS is pushing the money route with looping predictable "special" heroes. I really hope they take their current survey into account. All I do for now is saving orbs.

Just now, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

Basically that. When it comes to GHB or BHB there is no new content. You can't deny that IS is pushing the money route with looping predictable "special" heroes. I really hope they take their current survey into account. All I do for now is saving orbs.

They can easily check answers with charts, but what really interests me is if they read "other" reasons and our suggestions of certain things.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

How do I know if the survey was completed? When do we get the orbs?

Orbs will be received mid January as can be read from the notification board. Do you mean if the survey is still in progress?

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Orbs will be received mid January as can be read from the notification board. Do you mean if the survey is still in progress?

I mean I went throught it all, but I'm not sure what the confirmation is if you have completed it. Does the site automatically close?

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I mean I went throught it all, but I'm not sure what the confirmation is if you have completed it. Does the site automatically close?

If it went back to the beginning then just confirm all of your choices again. Can you still access the survey? If so then you haven't completed it. It's buggy so I would't be surprised if people haven't completed it.

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Try go back into the survey again. If it's been counted, it'll tell you you've already completed the survey. 

This survey was a great idea, though skimming through Reddit, I've realised that I've missed out a couple of things such as TMS representation, non-AwakeFates seasonals, and the summoning pool. I did make sure to mention the lack of Xander and Camus reruns though. And I...y'know, expressed how salty I was about Marth being robbed a chance to compete in the CYL voting gauntlet, as well as not receiving an alt or whatever. I was polite about it, though.

So I promoted a Nowi for the tempest.

Feels gross. You would think I'd feel like that about Reinhardt, but where as he has a pretty cool design and a bit of swag, nothing about mostly-naked-dragon-loli-girl appeals to me in the least. Not her art, not her voice, not her animation, not her dragon sprite. I like literally nothing about her. She's annoying to kill but the AI is so dumb she's getting slaughtered even in Lunatic-5.

"Dragon Breath, BLAARGH" occasionally makes me chuckle. Outside of that I already regret my decision. But I'll max her HM for the Tempest regardless and I guess keep her in my pocket for AA last resorts. Last resorts.

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Feels gross. You would think I'd feel like that about Reinhardt, but where as he has a pretty cool design and a bit of swag, nothing about mostly-naked-dragon-loli-girl appeals to me in the least. Not her art, not her voice, not her animation, not her dragon sprite. I like literally nothing about her. She's annoying to kill but the AI is so dumb she's getting slaughtered even in Lunatic-5.

"Dragon Breath, BLAARGH" occasionally makes me chuckle. Outside of that I already regret my decision. But I'll max her HM for the Tempest regardless and I guess keep her in my pocket for AA last resorts. Last resorts.

I did the same thing to get ready for the TT. I started leveling her on the subway ride from work, but having her picture constantly pop up when she leveled made me intensely uncomfortable. I ended up just reading a book instead.

She’s working amazingly well for me on Lunatic-7 runs (I don’t autobattle until I break 100k), but that art is too much. 

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I did the same thing to get ready for the TT. I started leveling her on the subway ride from work, but having her picture constantly pop up when she leveled made me intensely uncomfortable. I ended up just reading a book instead.

She’s working amazingly well for me on Lunatic-7 runs (I don’t autobattle until I break 100k), but that art is too much. 

GHB and BHB would be fine in my opinion if they simply reset the rewards every re-run. There's little to no incentive other than 3-4 orbs for players that have already beaten them. BHB gives 9 orbs which in hindsight isn't that much. They can give another 9 instead of bumping down to 4 for re-runs, especially when that 4 becomes the standard every time it comes back.

GHB's giving the same amount (3) would be fine as well, you would still need 3 re-runs in order to get to +9 which wouldn't happen for multiple months and would still require an obscene amount of feathers to reach a high merge level.

It feels like they want to do a slow burn with these rewards, but it burns slow enough already given the time frame between re-runs.

38 minutes ago, Eridras said:

She gets 12 SP a pop in the tempest so I just auto-leveled her (twice *4 and *5) and got her about 1000 SP. I didn't have to look at her art and I don't really. Just looking at her icon in my *5 list irks me a bit.

I have a 4-star level 40+1 +def -spd Nowi, whom I've apparently had since very early in the game. Of the bonus units, she and Frederick are the only ones who haven't maxed out HM yet (not pulling on freaking armor banner). She works perfectly fine even without being promoted, so she will be a very last minute promotion -- such as when I run out of fodder or other characters to promote.

Unfortunately, she actually worked better than Frederick, who should be doing better but is a 3-star (although level 40) and just can't survive against anything magic. Or fast.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

While I don't necessarily want to make you regret your choice even more, for future TTs it's better to just use 4* characters and auto-battle Hard 5 instead.  Points gained are slightly lower, but the AI has a much better shot at surviving, and my 4* Nowi survives almost every round.  You might drop a tier in the rankings, but...it's a feather loss of 2K vs 20K. 

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I like how a multitude of people here are talking about bad artwork and I'm over here questioning why they care about dumb artwork.

Why do you care

Edited by Sunwoo

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I like how a multitude of people here are talking about bad artwork and I'm over here questioning why they care about dumb artwork.

Because people don't want to be seen as lolicons and arrested? Lol

yeah when they asked the question about what matters for a unit the most it was hard for me to answer. It's split even between stats and art for me. I was so excited for Lloyd but his art took away my excitement so much i still haven't promoted him. I will someday but yeah maybe because I also do art, bad art affects me more than it should.

also if the design is just plain uncomfortable when playing on a public train or something like Nowi, it makes me feel anxious whenever they level up. Especially on a large screen like an ipad

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Because people don't want to be seen as lolicons and arrested? Lol

yeah when they asked the question about what matters for a unit the most it was hard for me to answer. It's split even between stats and art for me. I was so excited for Lloyd but his art took away my excitement so much i still haven't promoted him. I will someday but yeah maybe because I also do art, bad art affects me more than it should.

also if the design is just plain uncomfortable when playing on a public train or something like Nowi, it makes me feel anxious whenever they level up. Especially on a large screen like an ipad

Honestly, the only things I care about with a character as to whether I pull for them and use them are their art and their voice. While I was disappointed upon learning about the movements types of the males compared to the females of the New Year banner, it's not going to stop me pulling them, and a unit can have the worst stats in the game, but if they have art and a voice that appeals to me, I'm pulling :D

Conversely, I don't care how good a character is. If I really dislike their art, I won't pull for them (Winter Tharja being the latest example). The voice, I guess, isn't as big a deal since I don't always play with the sound on, but it can lead to some really weird moments when their looks and their voice are completely different (I think Clarisse is the worst for me. I don't like listening to her voice since it really doesn't match her appearance). 

Lloyd, however... biggest disappointment. I actually barely use him because his art disappoints me so much. Eliwood's nearly the same, but I do like his art except his eyes. Lachesis is similar to Lloyd - her art is painful and does not suit her, which means I don't want to use her almost at all -.- 

I actually turn the art off if I'm having to go against Loki in a match. If Nowi crops up too much, I might do that same there. I really dislike fetishising lolis and shotas. It's just wrong, and I don't care how 'old' they're meant to be. 

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh wow. I'd say that's a pretty lucky pull! 15 orbs isn't bad for a legendary hero. Congrats. XD I spent all of mine and didn't get her. Oh well! I got some other good peeps. Back to saving for me.

Thanks! Yeah at least some luck T.T.

Well, hope you have better luck next time :P i'm on the mission again! Road to 999!