Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You clearly do have more to add if you still disagree despite my points countering yours. You got me on the argument dragging thing, though. It's just that you do it a lot to end things with some sort of "I just have this opinion". Just say "I'd like to respond, but I'd rather not drag it out" instead of "I just have this opinion, that's all, and I'd rather not drag it out". It makes you come off as running away instead of truly wanting an argument to stop.

I don't have more to add though. I literally couldn't think of anything. And fine, then I'd rather not drag it out. Are we good now?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Yeah I get that, but they're still spoiling part of the game(s). Sorry, it's just a little frustrating the way IS chooses to deal with plot points in older games (especially Genealogy which I know most non-JP players haven't played, including me). Edit: Wording

Spoiler

I get what you're saying, but it's as Lord Zero said; IntSys can't design this game based around the assumption that people will be spoiled by the reveals. Especially when quite a few of the 'spoilers' are very much into the 'It was his sled' territory. Expecting IntSys to dance around Chrom being Lucina's dad via time travel and Arvis' barbeque is a bit ridiculous when those things are arguably what the games most well-known moments and have been well-known for years.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

I wasn't talking about the regular summoning pool though, I was talking about the entire game. Putting RD Ike on a banner may not be the best idea either, because it could come off as pulling another Ayra and people got pissed at that. It depends on what banner he'd get put in.

This is an RD banner, not a Micaiah banner. If it was a real Micaiah banner, I think we'd have seen more of the DB members, not Oliver or Zelgius. But we didn't.

Spoiler

I was talking about the regular summon pool, and you were responding to that.  I never said the game didn't need three Ikes yet, I said it didn't need three Ikes in the regular summon pool yet.  There is a difference.  Bringing up seasonals when my initial post specifically excluded them was completely irrelevant to my arguement.

RD Ike is almost guaranteed to be a headliner banner unit at some point due to the fact that he's the only character that had multiple versions of himself place in the top 10 in CYL.  Ayra's issue was largely the fact that she was completely unannounced, which IS is extremely unlikely to do for any version of Ike.

For the banner, Zelgius and Sothe both have strong personal connections to Micaiah.  Sothe is her protector, and Zelgius literally saved her life as the BK.  Both of these connections are presented more strongly than Micaiah's connections to the rest of the Dawn Brigade (mostly because RD didn't have supports).  Oliver is irrelevant, since, as I mentioned, he has a GHB icon datamined, and is most likely not on the banner.  Given that all three banner characters have a direct connection to Micaiah, that's a stronger theme than just RD, even if it's not what people would expect for that theme.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
Spoiler

For the banner, Zelgius and Sothe both have strong personal connections to Micaiah.  Sothe is her protector, and Zelgius literally saved her life as the BK.  Both of these connections are presented more strongly than Micaiah's connections to the rest of the Dawn Brigade (mostly because RD didn't have supports).  Oliver is irrelevant, since, as I mentioned, he has a GHB icon datamined, and is most likely not on the banner.  Given that all three banner characters have a direct connection to Micaiah, that's a stronger theme than just RD, even if it's not what people would expect for that theme.

Ike has a bigger connection to Zelgius/BK than Micaiah does though. They're connected by Greil, wielding sister blades, and having fought each other multiple times. Ike even considered Zelgius his final teacher. BK saved Micaiah once and helped her twice, that's it for them.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

On the developers’ defense, they can’t wait forever for some people to play said games. The BK “spoiler” is over a decade old and the Holy Wars one twice that much time. 

3 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I get what you're saying, but it's as Lord Zero said; IntSys can't design this game based around the assumption that people will be spoiled by the reveals. Especially when quite a few of the 'spoilers' are very much into the 'It was his sled' territory. Expecting IntSys to dance around Chrom being Lucina's dad via time travel and Arvis' barbeque is a bit ridiculous when those things are arguably what the games most well-known moments and have been well-known for years.

Genealogy was never released out of Japan though. And I thought (could be wrong though) Heroes was supposed to bring a lot of new players into the series. Anyways, these things are going to bother me, but I'm just gonna have to suck it up and move on because me complaining too much won't help with anything.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ike has a bigger connection to Zelgius/BK than Micaiah does though. They're connected by Greil, wielding sister blades, and having fought each other multiple times. Ike even considered Zelgius his final teacher. BK saved Micaiah once and helped her twice, that's it for them.

I never contradicted that, and it is irrelevant to what I was saying.  I was pointing out that Zelgius had a personal connection to Micaiah, which helps explain his presence on this banner.  His rivalry with Ike doesn't completely define him.

Oh, look, it's another drama session. Please keep it at 1 page, yeah?

PSA:
Jeorge is the first 4* summonable Hero that has a refinement, not upgrade, to his legendary weapon.

That means the hope for Sieglinde, Yato and especially Binding Blade will never die!

EDIT:

For reference, the weapons that might need a special refinement:

Spoiler

Binding Blade
Eckesachs

Sieglinde
(Falchion)
Yato
Brynhildr

Vidofnir
Cursed Lance
Dark Aura

Armads (I'm not joking)
Dark Excalibur

Nidhoggr

Edited by Talandar

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wasn't she technically still equipped with a staff though?

I don’t remember if those Mists were equipped with the damaging staff, actually. Were they?

Edited by Vaximillian

46 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Genealogy was never released out of Japan though. And I thought (could be wrong though) Heroes was supposed to bring a lot of new players into the series. Anyways, these things are going to bother me, but I'm just gonna have to suck it up and move on because me complaining too much won't help with anything.

As I said, developers can’t wait forever and there’s ways to play unofficial translated versions of those Japan-only games or reading up on the game’s story on a wiki. Sure, remakes would be ideal but it’s up to IS if they want to remake Genealogy of the Holy War for the Switch. 

58 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Especially when quite a few of the 'spoilers' are very much into the 'It was his sled' territory.

Fuck, I actually know that reference.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wasn't she technically still equipped with a staff though?

Assist skills aren't weapon skills.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t remember if those Mists were equipped with the damaging staff, actually. Were they?

Pretty sure the one I had on my team at least had assault or slow, the reason I was upset was because they didn't bother to refine her weapon to give her dazzling or wrathful, which made her a bit of dead weight.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assist skills aren't weapon skills.

I was talking about weapons.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Pretty sure the one I had on my team at least had assault or slow, the reason I was upset was because they didn't bother to refine her weapon to give her dazzling or wrathful, which made her a bit of dead weight.

Makes sense. At least they won’t be able to actively sabotage by unequipping a weapon. Setting a lvl 10 vanilla Mist to troll will still work then.

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

As I said, developers can’t wait forever and there’s ways to play unofficial translated versions of those Japan-only games or reading up on the game’s story on a wiki. Sure, remakes would be ideal but it’s up to IS if they want to remake Genealogy of the Holy War for the Switch. 

I mean I guess that I am kind of holding IS to a standard that is honestly kind of hard for define in clear terms. But I know I'm not the only who wasn't happy with this. In the end though, this won't and shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game by much. Spoilers aren't something I want in the game, but I suppose it's not really fair to expect them to do otherwise when I can't even really determine a good time limit for spoilers.

My take on the new datamined banner involving a certain RD spoiler

Spoiler

The Zelgius thing is certainly a lot more blatant than the spoilers they've included in the past.  If someone didn't want Genealogy spoilers for example, they could simply be advised not to view those characters' castle lines or status speeches, as well as skipping any story text that involves them.  The thing with Zelgius in the BK armor is that it's a visual spoiler, and thus more or less impossible to avoid.  He'll be in your face on the banner when one opens the app on Friday, present in the story chapters, and people will be using him in the arena and VGs. 

Like I said in the datamine thread, my first impression is that it's a baffling decision on IS's part. 

Well, I just went and did a mass weapon refinement. Sanaki got a well-deserved boost to Cymbeline, of course. Takumi ... I had a harder time deciding what refinement to give him. But since mine decided to show up as +def, I decided to just maximize his defense and gave him the defense refinement.

Why do I get the feeling that none of the new heroes will drop to 4*? Micaiah and Zelgius make sense considering who they are, but Sothe's in a weird spot of Peshkatz is like a legendary and hybrid version of the refined Rogue and Smoke Daggers and since the Weapon Refinery went live, daggers have become much better than what they were. So, making it possible to get a dagger like that by just promoting Sothe instead of having to spend feathers, Arena Medals, and Refining Stones on top of Sothe having increased BST, a new skill series: Spur Atk/Spd, and L&D3 makes me feel like Sothe's not becoming 4* summonable.

@Zeo among you and some other folk on Youtube, I've taken a bit of inspiration on the kind of playstyle you go for. Yeah, I said it didn't feel very "stable". Felt kind of gimmicky, since I'm usually the guy that either straps Fury/L&D > Desperation on people or Fury/Defensive A-slot > QR. It was getting a little old, and I wanted to think outside that box. The kind of stunts you synergise with Matthew, his massive debuffs as well as a sort of team built around it has me looking into more durability-based brawlers (or "Duelists", I think they call them). Characters who can go a round of combat and be able to hold an extra round or two after that.

Stuff like that has inspired this:

Screenshot_2018-01-10-09-08-15_0.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-09-05-38.png

Granted, she's about to die on that last one. Was kind of showcasing how much you can amp her durability by synergising with Threaten Atk, Hawkeye's Def Ploy and even her own weapon's effect (+5 Def/Res after combat to her and allies within to spaces; basically reverse Smoke-effect). If she had Atk Smoke, she'd be a fucking nightmare. I also plan to either give her Drive Def to support other allies or have someone else use it...why not both?

I don't know. Just kind of felt I was limiting myself to trivial playstyles basically slapping the same offensive build on everyone. Why build her on L&D + Firesweep when I could actually take advantage of her +Def nature?

Shoutouts to that one crazy Beruka dude on Youtube. He also stacks basically everything he has on his favour.

32 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Why do I get the feeling that none of the new heroes will drop to 4*?

Same here. We haven’t had a Prf drop since February, and I doubt this will be a precedent.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Same here. We haven’t had a Prf drop since February, and I doubt this will be a precedent.

Well... This is also the first time since the February we have a banner that IS NOT Brave Heroes (Yeah, the Dorcas' banner also fits here) that gives to every single new hero a Prf Weapon...

I mean, it wouldn't mean a lot, but it's something to consider.

34 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

All of my nice, glowing max HM units... they're all gone... This is truly the worst update so far.

Now you get to use your old favourites all over again!

Also a bit sad no version update log-in bonus. I guess they're waiting for tomorrow for a new heroes bonus..