Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now you get to use your old favourites all over again!

Also a bit sad no version update log-in bonus. I guess they're waiting for tomorrow for a new heroes bonus..

Oh, sure, being able to use units like Clarisse and Tailtiu again without regret is certainly great. But... I almost had a full page of maxed units... four more, and I could've taken a lovely screenshot... and now, it's gone...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No daily orbs today. Game dead already?

Those 2 orbs a day had a price... (as compared to usual 1 orb)

@DefaultBeep Dang. Just look at the bright side- feathers!

Well I guess this means HM will keep going up and up anyway (4000 is a weird-looking number limit, so I expect a 5000 number limit)

Maybe your Gray heard you foddering him off when hitting HM.... I'll happily take your Gray though

Random thought: Weapon refined Sanaki in a Guidance Flier team with Tactic skills would be fun to use.

Another random thought:

What of the remaining Tactic skills?

I predict Kiragi with Spd Tactic and Forrest with Res Tactic, since it fits with what stat they'll be likely to excel in.

All the Fates kid royals are Tacticians!

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Take that, Robins and Morgans!

And then Morgan comes and powercreeps them all with Spectrum Tactic - All stats raised by +3 (because +6 would be so broken)

That said, I sadly don't expect Kiragi/Forest until a long time because Fates already had some recent additions. (Even then I feel they should add more 1st gen Fates first like Kaze, Silas, maybe even Rinkah or something).

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

And then Morgan comes and powercreeps them all with Spectrum Tactic - All stats raised by +3 (because +6 would be so broken)

That said, I sadly don't expect Kiragi/Forest until a long time because Fates already had some recent additions. (Even then I feel they should add more 1st gen Fates first like Kaze, Silas, maybe even Rinkah or something).

Rally Spectrum when? Either of the Morgans has to have it.

I’d have expected some of the Awakening peeps actually before Micaiah. They completely surprised me again. Now our boy Leif when?

I called it. Dawn of a new year = Radiant Dawn

Because of how Arvis GHB came out in October (second month of Fall) and Oliver coming out in January (second month of Winter), it's safe to assume that new GHBs will come out the second month of every season (every 3 months).

I think I'm going to Make Oliver into Blarraven user. Slap on Bowbreaker and he's good to go (QR is such a premium skill, I hope I get Subakis when trying to summon Micaiah)

Edited by silveraura25

That leaves us with just Leif before they start jumping to spin-offs or...worst case scenario, more Fatesawakening seasonals. Considering the fact that Oliver is a GHB candidate, the idea of having a Kempf GHB is no longer a pipe dream. 

@mcsilas I actually really enjoyed using Sothe in RD, not only that, he powercreeps literally my Matthew just a bit since his weapon is essentially RogueSmoke Dagger++. Plus his offensive stats are killer and I don't have any dagger units that straightforward. I want him more than NY!Takumi and since I'm out of Matthews I need a reason to pull colorless so I'm going for him. Micaiah would be a bonus only if she didn't wind up gimped some kind of way like literally every other blue mage I've ever pulled. Don't care about Zelgius, he's arena bonus points basically.

I'm disappointed about no Edward, but they're probably just going to do the Crimea thing they did with Neph/Oscar/Elincia and do an Edward/Nolan/Leonardo banner later on in the year so I'll be patient.

@Soul~! Glad to see you've opened your eyes to new possibilities. This is an outside the box way of playing. An unorthodox but fun way already, but when you put that unique style on characters you like, your favorites even it just enhances the experience. I've had more fun playing with Matthew and Lyn than I've had pretty much my entire time playing Heroes. Barring using my old team Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys in the early-mid game and first experiencing the power of meta using my Bridelia after she first got Brave Bow+ and LND.

Anyways, no Edward is disappointing, but he'll come around. Bring on the Tempest so we can stock up orbs more. There are a lot of good reasons to spend orbs right now. Gray, NY!Takumi, NY!Azura and Sothe. Micaiah and Zelgius will be powerful units and I wouldn't mind another Close Counter (Takumi will be on a banner soon most likely). Going to have to be smart this month. They have all these good banners going, but they're still going to sucker punch you with a Legendary Hero banner at the end of the month, and watch it be the Fire Hero.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm disappointed about no Edward, but they're probably just going to do the Crimea thing they did with Neph/Oscar/Elincia and do an Edward/Nolan/Leonardo banner later on in the year so I'll be patient.

I mean to be honest that banner actually makes sense, rather than having only Edward or Leo or Nolan as the 3rd party with Micaiah and Sothe. So if they go with that banner, it's a nice theme, with no colour doubles which would be a thing if they also add Laura somewhere in there.

I hope your Sothe hunt goes well! I think my priority will be Micaiah just for the sheer usefulness of her kit. I don't mind the others pitybreaking me though- although to be honest I kind of want to hunt for Gray while he's still a focus. Or Airzura for my main.

I just hope free summon is kind tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean to be honest that banner actually makes sense, rather than having only Edward or Leo or Nolan as the 3rd party with Micaiah and Sothe. So if they go with that banner, it's a nice theme, with no colour doubles which would be a thing if they also add Laura somewhere in there.

I hope your Sothe hunt goes well! I think my priority will be Micaiah just for the sheer usefulness of her kit. I don't mind the others pitybreaking me though- although to be honest I kind of want to hunt for Gray while he's still a focus. Or Airzura for my main.

I just hope free summon is kind tomorrow.

My free summons have been Bride Lyn and Ninian (when I already had one) but I know better than to rely on that, still you never know. I want Gray and NY!Takumi and a Flying Dancer would be amazing. But January is a trying month for orbs and February is going to be too ridiculous to go into with 0 orbs.

EDIT: So nostalgic hearing "Distant Traveler" again on that New Heroes trailer... really makes me miss playing RD years ago. Those truly were different times... playing for hours until the sun came up, finishing Part 1 only to realize I hadn't come close to beating the game yet... good times... good times.

Edited by Zeo

Oh. I just realized that Steady Stance is a nod to BK's magic armor. Since Zelgius's armor lost it's power after the fight with Ike, he has to be more offensive now to make up for the defense that he lost.

Hmmm... I want Zelgius and Sothe but not sure how hard I'm going to go for them. I want Sothe the most, overall.

Shame that Lehran isn't the GHB, but oh well. I wish I had Reyson to give Oliver a good old Herooooon Punch!

Yay for the first male weighting update in a very long time, even if one of those males is... urgh. I'm not talking about looks. Oliver is a complete creep. I agree with Ike... can he just go back to the enemy? (darn my completionist nature in RD!).

...Although I think that was my favourite Ike moment in RD xD

Edited by Cute Chao

18 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Hmmm... I want Zelgius and Sothe but not sure how hard I'm going to go for them. I want Sothe the most, overall.

Shame Zelgius isn't a wyvern rider, but I guess he is based on his RD appearance.

Bigger shame that Lehran isn't the GHB, but oh well. I wish I had Reyson to give Oliver a good old Herooooon Punch!

Yay for the first male weighting update in a very long time, even if one of those males is... urgh. I'm not talking about looks. Oliver is a complete creep. I agree with Ike... can he just go back to the enemy? (darn my completionist nature in RD!).

...Although I think that was my favourite Ike moment in RD xD

I'll just pretend Skyzura is Reyson (RIP first flying dancer status) and finish Oliver off :P

Kind of sucks I built BK with a merge just because I never thought they would ever add Zelgius, but now he's here and can have boon/banes. Ah well, red is hell for me to summon anyway so I'm not too fussed by it. (Okay maybe a little bit since I sacrificed my spare Bike)

Might do a full summon of all focus colours tomorrow- haven't done that in a while.

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. I just realized that Steady Stance is a nod to BK's magic armor. Since Zelgius's armor lost it's power after the fight with Ike, he has to be more offensive now to make up for the defense that he lost.

Oh that's a neat observation. And Panic Ploy because...well anyone would panic after seeing that black armour?

At least his skills fit! haha

Also I wonder why Zelgius's neck scarf thing is black in this art? Did it ever change colour in RD? (Only because Heroes BK has it red)

Also the broken armour means people like @Cute Chao can get to see his abs easier :P

So I woke up just just noticed this post

that they've added Brash Assault, Savage Blow, Hone Spd, Close Def, Guidance, and Atk Smoke to the Sacred Seal shop for players that missed them. That's pretty nice.

On a side note, now I have to figure out what I want to do with Jeorge. The new Parthia upgrades look like so much fun to play with.

Jeorge [+Atk, -Def] (Parthia [unique], Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity 3) gives him 60 Atk (64 Atk after Hone Atk 3 or 66 Atk with two stacks of Drive Atk 2), which is enough to one-hit kill most relevant bows and mages in the game, and refined Parthia's base effect prevents pretty much any tome user from killing him in one hit (a tome user needs 77 Atk to one-hit kill).

Death Blow 3 makes him less vulnerable to being targeted by Chilling Seal (though not by much since 21 Def is still pretty low) and increases his bulk against tomes to 84, and Fierce Stance 3 makes him better at baiting mages instead of needing to attack on player phase.

Too many choices...

Edited by Ice Dragon
Forgot ranged weapons have 14 Mt.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I'll just pretend Skyzura is Reyson (RIP first flying dancer status) and finish Oliver off :P

Also I wonder why Zelgius's neck scarf thing is black in this art? Did it ever change colour in RD? (Only because Heroes BK has it red)

Also the broken armour means people like @Cute Chao can get to see his abs easier :P

I haven't seen his damaged art yet, but looking forward to it ;)

I really can't remember his neck scarf thing from RD, so wouldn't be able to answer xD

42 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Ice Dragon Would Vantage be a good budget B skill on Jeorge?

He sounds like a nice anti-ranged unit archer, so attacking before getting hit with that damage boost sounds pretty nice.

Although I guess he could use Desperation, too against Distant Counter units

Yeah. Jeorge's Atk stat after all of his boosts and with buffs is definitely high enough to have one-hit kill potential against enemy ranged units, so that's certainly an option.

I noticed I forgot that ranged weapons have 14 Mt instead of 16 Mt, which puts a slight damper on things, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm really tempted to give Brave Lucina Drive Atk 2 to run with Jeorge since Geirskogul's effect applies to all physical weapons.

Also trying to figure out what to do with Sanaki. I think she's still also best focused on a one-hit-kill build since she has 54 Atk before buffs with a +Atk nature and Cymbeline and 59 Atk with her Atk/Res Flier Bond unique refinement, which gives her Celica levels of single-hit damage without even having a passive A skill equipped. So Death Blow 3 for 65 Atk, I suppose. Or keep her default Triangle Adept 3 to nuke green units to utter oblivion?

Also tempted to give her Drive Atk 2 to stack with Cymbeline's Drive Atk 2 base effect and run her with Jeorge instead of Lucina (or run both of them for +12 Atk...).

EDIT: Oh god. Jeorge with 72 Atk and Vantage sounds terrifying.

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I haven't seen his damaged art yet, but looking forward to it ;)

Delicious abs tease.

Edited by Ice Dragon

48 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, I have 30ish orbs right now. I'm in doubt if I should try to get Micaiah or if I should keep pulling after NY Camilla, as I don't have red fliers yet. Micaiah sounds good, tho.

Advices?

Don't spend your orbs on anything! Micaiah will definetely be featured in a future banner and NY Camilla will be powercrept