• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

While on the subject of Sothe... I'm wondering where his potential lies. Obviously he has more attack than Kagero and can run a Poison Dagger+ but in this meta being restricted to infantry only limits his usefulness. He's got a combination of Rogue and Smoke Dagger so I'm wondering if he should go the route of a Life and Death/offensive A skill build with something like Vantage/Wrath/Breaker or whatever or if he should go the route I went with Matt and go Close Counter + Vantage/Seal/Sweep etc.

He lacks Matthew's bulk but he's got respectable defenses has Kagero tier offense which gets better with the buffs/debuffs. Plus the stat wide debuffs mean he can run whatever he wants in his B and C slots and doesn't have to use a seal skill (though ATK/SPD Smoke are probably still amazing skills for him). Also his seal slot is free and his ATK is actually high enough that he can run the Heavy Blade seal and proc Luna/Draconic Aura in one round vs the right enemies.

How to build Sothe... guess it'll depend on whatever his nature is if you pull him.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Nosmur said:

What

Elise is so pookums she draws people in.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah, you're right! Thank heavens, that was an annoyance.

What are you talking about.

37 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What are you talking about.

I don't know if it happened on Android, but on iOS, there was a glitch a little while ago that kept skill descriptions from displaying properly on the map. They could be seen fine on the unit's full profile, but if their skills were tapped on the upper right during a map, they wouldn't display their description for more than a split second.

...I have no idea if that explanation made sense, but I did my best.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't know if it happened on Android, but on iOS, there was a glitch a little while ago that kept skill descriptions from displaying properly on the map. They could be seen fine on the unit's full profile, but if their skills were tapped on the upper right during a map, they wouldn't display their description for more than a split second.

...I have no idea if that explanation made sense, but I did my best.

It makes all the sense, though I can't say I've ever seen it happen. And I somewhat play on both platforms.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

It makes all the sense, though I can't say I've ever seen it happen. And I somewhat play on both platforms.

Well I'm glad it made sense at least, haha. I don't know what exactly the requirements were for it to happen, but I know at least a few other people on here had the same problem, up until the last update.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

While on the subject of Sothe... I'm wondering where his potential lies. Obviously he has more attack than Kagero and can run a Poison Dagger+ but in this meta being restricted to infantry only limits his usefulness. He's got a combination of Rogue and Smoke Dagger so I'm wondering if he should go the route of a Life and Death/offensive A skill build with something like Vantage/Wrath/Breaker or whatever or if he should go the route I went with Matt and go Close Counter + Vantage/Seal/Sweep etc.

He lacks Matthew's bulk but he's got respectable defenses has Kagero tier offense which gets better with the buffs/debuffs. Plus the stat wide debuffs mean he can run whatever he wants in his B and C slots and doesn't have to use a seal skill (though ATK/SPD Smoke are probably still amazing skills for him). Also his seal slot is free and his ATK is actually high enough that he can run the Heavy Blade seal and proc Luna/Draconic Aura in one round vs the right enemies.

How to build Sothe... guess it'll depend on whatever his nature is if you pull him.

I hope Sothe's potential is as a 4* unit with LaD3, but him having a prf weapon makes me worry that none of the new units will be getting knocked to 4*.

10 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Talking about updates:

were the fuck the is my update

Have you tried going to the app store and downloading it manually?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I hope Sothe's potential is as a 4* unit with LaD3, but him having a prf weapon makes me worry that none of the new units will be getting knocked to 4*.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Like the Farfetched Heroes these units are all premium and even if Sothe was miraculously bumped down to *4, I guarantee you it would be Spur ATK/SPD that you get at that rarity.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. Like the Farfetched Heroes these units are all premium and even if Sothe was miraculously bumped down to *4, I guarantee you it would be Spur ATK/SPD that you get at that rarity.

Farfetch'd Heroes was somewhat a second iteration of the CYL Banner, so those weren't expected to have any demotions.  We had been getting at least one 4* with each normal banner, but they already broke tradition back with the SS Banner, by dropping it to one 4* from two, so who knows.  Soleil was pretty good and got the demotion, but she didn't have a prf weapon.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I legitimately wouldn't mind.

And, to be honest, part of me wouldn't want L&D3 as a 4*-star unlockable. The skill is very strong, and the +2 Atk/Spd make a lot of difference in offensive builds.

@Rezzy - Part of me wonders if they'd consider dropping Zelgius to 4 star rarity. I don't think they've ever dropped a character with a full skill-set before, so a large part of me doubts it. (Sothe is probably the best candidate overall). But Zelgius is so similar to the BK that it feels a little silly making him exclusive. Making Alondite, Black Luna, Fierce Stance, and Warp Powder all 5 star exclusive would be fine. Personally, I'd love to have Panic Ploy fodder. XD

But I have no good reason as to why he should be the one to drop down. Our other DC weapon characters (with the exception of manaketes) are 5 star exclusive except for the ones we get through GHB and other rewards. It'd be cool to have one DC user in the 4 star pool, especially for the people who missed Camus, Xander, and the BK. But "I'd like such and such..." isn't a great argument. XD

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Rezzy - Part of me wonders if they'd consider dropping Zelgius to 4 star rarity. I don't think they've ever dropped a character with a full skill-set before, so a large part of me doubts it. (Sothe is probably the best candidate overall). But Zelgius is so similar to the BK that it feels a little silly making him exclusive. Making Alondite, Black Luna, Fierce Stance, and Warp Powder all 5 star exclusive would be fine. Personally, I'd love to have Panic Ploy fodder. XD

But I have no good reason as to why he should be the one to drop down. Our other DC weapon characters (with the exception of manaketes) are 5 star exclusive except for the ones we get through GHB and other rewards. It'd be cool to have one DC user in the 4 star pool, especially for the people who missed Camus, Xander, and the BK. But "I'd like such and such..." isn't a great argument. XD

Zelgius's DC weapon, personal special, and full kit makes me think they won't drop him down.  I certainly wouldn't mind it, but I don't expect it.

In unrelated news, I've started putting my second Flier Emblem Team together.  I've got Est, Minerva, Howi, and Airzura.  Once I'm willing to unload more feathers, I'll go ahead and give Howi rawrblade.

Unbelievable...

4648kNC.png

People are legit struggling with this team. I got that Defense win at the bottom when there were 5 days left and got the other two yesterday. I can't believe a Matthew team is giving people this much trouble. I'm a little proud.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unbelievable...

4648kNC.png

People are legit struggling with this team. I got that Defense win at the bottom when there were 5 days left and got the other two yesterday. I can't believe a Matthew team is giving people this much trouble. I'm a little proud.

Oh man! That's sweet! When I ran Matthew on my defense team, I was surprised at the number of wins I got. Same with my Raigh team. It made me wonder if people were thrown off guard by non-meta characters or surrendering because they appreciated the character choice. I know I always give a defense win to someone with Lucius or Merric on their team...