Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh man! That's sweet! When I ran Matthew on my defense team, I was surprised at the number of wins I got. Same with my Raigh team. It made me wonder if people were thrown off guard by non-meta characters or surrendering because they appreciated the character choice. I know I always give a defense win to someone with Lucius or Merric on their team...

I'd like to think it's the appreciation but non-meta characters tend to throw people off, that and the synergy with the team. Ayra moves before Inigo so it's easy to dance her into the enemy on a defense team. It's really hard to OHKO Matt and even if you do he debuffs your team and buffs his, Genny can attack unhindered and Inigo is a dancer plus he has TA so blues are potentially in danger.

The team has a flow and the way they're built probably catch people off guard.

I'd give free defense wins, but I screw up often and lose anyways so I can't really afford to.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

IS, please... please let Sothe drop to 4-star, and give LaD3 at 4-star. I've already promoted and killed so many Hanas, and I would really like an excuse to not kill any more of her...

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'd like to think it's the appreciation but non-meta characters tend to throw people off, that and the synergy with the team. Ayra moves before Inigo so it's easy to dance her into the enemy on a defense team. It's really hard to OHKO Matt and even if you do he debuffs your team and buffs his, Genny can attack unhindered and Inigo is a dancer plus he has TA so blues are potentially in danger.

I'd give free defense wins, but I screw up often and lose anyways so I can't really afford to.

How can you tell who moves first in a battle if there's no one in range? I would really like to know >.< 

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unbelievable...

4648kNC.png

People are legit struggling with this team. I got that Defense win at the bottom when there were 5 days left and got the other two yesterday. I can't believe a Matthew team is giving people this much trouble. I'm a little proud.

Just wp dude!

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've noticed that healers have started to pop up more and more in the Arena. They can be...pretty scary. Gravity+ has messed me up a few times, and the Dazzling + Wrathful combo can be awful to deal with. Which warms my heart. But bulky characters can be awful to deal with. In the past, I've been taken off guard by a bulky Wrys and Henry. XD

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've noticed that healers have started to pop up more and more in the Arena. They can be...pretty scary. Gravity+ has messed me up a few times, and the Dazzling + Wrathful combo can be awful to deal with. Which warms my heart. But bulky characters can be awful to deal with. In the past, I've been taken off guard by a bulky Wrys and Henry. XD

There's an idea, maybe I should stick Elise on my defense team.  I used to get tons per week, now I usually only get 1-3.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

How can you tell who moves first in a battle if there's no one in range? I would really like to know >.< 

I don't remember the exact order, but I know that melee units move first, even if they are dancers. Ranged units after I'm pretty sure and Brave Lyn always moves last whenever she's on a team. Everyone is ranged except Ayra on my team so she is always going to move first.

@Rafiel's Aria Wrathful Dazzing is a cancerous combination when the opponent is cavalry especially. I fought a bulky Priscilla that I couldn't oneshot. Scary stuff. Genny is scary because Inigo can dance her and with Matthew's debuffs she can two shot virtually anything.

Edited by Zeo

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unbelievable...

4648kNC.png

People are legit struggling with this team. I got that Defense win at the bottom when there were 5 days left and got the other two yesterday. I can't believe a Matthew team is giving people this much trouble. I'm a little proud.

And you should be.

I don't think it's as bad as one would think (your team, for Defense). Smart debuffing action and tough cookies can catch people off-guard...and maybe not even as gimmicky as it sounds. Defense is pretty important in Defense. People are too caught up in offense they forget the fun in Defense.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't remember the exact order, but I know that melee units move first, even if they are dancers. Ranged units after I'm pretty sure and Brave Lyn always moves last whenever she's on a team. Everyone is ranged except Ayra on my team so she is always going to move first.

@Rafiel's Aria Wrathful Dazzing is a cancerous combination when the opponent is cavalry especially. I fought a bulky Priscilla that I couldn't oneshot. Scary stuff. Genny is scary because Inigo can dance her and with Matthew's debuffs she can two shot virtually anything.

Ahhh, interesting :) 

I'll keep that in mind :) 

And yeah, the new healer buffs have definitely put an end to the groan of getting healer emblem, though wrathful and dazzling are still stuck at 5* if you want to use them in combo -.- 

I'm still waiting for more healers (Rhys!!!)

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Once I've gotten my 7 streak in Arena Assault for the week, I usually get my 3 battles in for the quests, and then surrender to one of the teams on the 4th match.  Oddly, I've only gotten two SF members that I've come across.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Once I've gotten my 7 streak in Arena Assault for the week, I usually get my 3 battles in for the quests, and then surrender to one of the teams on the 4th match.  Oddly, I've only gotten two SF members that I've come across.

That's pretty much what I do as well.

@Soul~! The team has it's struggles in offense but I underestimated how it would do as a defense team. It just seems fairly easy to dispatch in my eyes (I guess since I built the team I know it's weaknesses) but I guess it's surprise factor is what can catch you off guard. Matthew is low/bottom tier so he's seen as a non issue, but ever since the Tempest I groan every time I see him because it's all but impossible to ORKO him. This set only makes him even more irritating and you have to deal with him because he makes your team really, really easy to kill.

I've killed just about every bulky blue you can think of with Ayra and Genny because of Matthew. And the ones that would have killed her on the counter left her with 3-7 HP because lolRogueDagger+ANDSealATK.

Edited by Zeo

I usually do 1 full streak for the SP/HM. Then when I do my proper AA run and if i'm not happy with my run i'll just give out a win

i wonder how the cavalry obstacles will affect defense wins.

i've been getting less and less especially last week's rotation that i have to resort to horse mage emblem. Feels dirty but i need a win and i had to enter Desperation mode

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's an idea, maybe I should stick Elise on my defense team.  I used to get tons per week, now I usually only get 1-3.

I say go for it! I was having a lot of trouble getting any defense wins even with my horse team. Slapped Lucius on there and haven't been struggling as much!

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's pretty much what I do as well.

@Soul~! The team has it's struggles in offense but I underestimated how it would do as a defense team. It just seems fairly easy to dispatch in my eyes (I guess since I built the team I know it's weaknesses) but I guess it's surprise factor is what can catch you off guard. Matthew is low/bottom tier so he's seen as a non issue, but ever since the Tempest I groan every time I see him because it's all but impossible to ORKO him. This set only makes him even more irritating and you have to deal with him because he makes your team really, really easy to kill.

Not exactly. When you're in the higher tiers, you don't really understimate anyone. And chances are, if you do see some "low/bottom tier" character, they're subject to massive favouritism (i.e expensive skillset and merges).

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Not exactly. When you're in the higher tiers, you don't really understimate anyone. And chances are, if you do see some "low/bottom tier" character, they're subject to massive favouritism (i.e expensive skillset and merges).

That's true. Close Counter is not the rarest of skills and Seal ATK/Threaten SPD are easy skills to acquire. But the ultimate build of Matthew in my eyes requires a Takumi, a S!Frederick and either a Brave Lyn or a Sigurd depending on what you want to do. Which in hindsight... is pretty expensive I admit.

Conversely, if pretty much any character other than Hector is running Distant Counter, you can assume there's favoritism involved unless whaling is involved.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Conversely, if pretty much any character other than Hector is running Distant Counter, you can assume there's favoritism involved unless whaling is involved.

I used to think like that, but I recall characters like Hector and Takumeme are pretty much the most common on banners. They're around like once a month or so... at least a lot, lot more than other characters.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I used to think like that, but I recall characters like Hector and Takumeme are pretty much the most common on banners. They're around like once a month or so... at least a lot, lot more than other characters.

Hector and Takumi come around fairly often but not that much. Tharja and Lucina take the cake as the most commonly seen on banners with Tharja as #1 by a long shot. Tempest Trials, multiple Voting Gauntlets, heroes with blade tomes. I don't see any unit as often as I see her on summoning banners.

So, the new story chapter name drops another character, namely

Spoiler

Gustav, King of Askr.

I'm placing my bets that they're going to be the next Legendary Hero. Although really, I'm just glad the story seems to be well and truly out of the whole "go to a world, fight the heroes, we're free now, bye" phase it was in for a while.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sometimes, I love the training tower.

Hide contents

d5ulKlY.jpg

Spot what's wrong with this skill set.

When attempting to making a mixed phase unit goes horribly, horribly wrong...

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sometimes, I love the training tower.

Reveal hidden contents

d5ulKlY.jpg

Spot what's wrong with this skill set.

For a second there I was convinced you had killed a 5* soleil to give this 4* soleil her sword