Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Tybrosion Cool, that's a lucky boon/bane combo!

Yeah I got pretty lucky on that banner in general as my Jakob and Nowi both got +Atk too. It did come at the cost of Sakura, my favorite out of those four, being a horrific +Def/-Atk.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Edit: nothing shall power creep Nino! There are few units that maintained their power from the start, and even some that suddenly become OP (like all the dragons, Effie was always great, so as Cordelia etc.)

Can’t wait for Lewyn/Ced to show up with like 34/38 offense and make you eat those words.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Pent is great, but he still comes pretty late, and you're going over half the game without a mage if you only wait for him.  I try to always use Erk if I can.  Last time, he got Magic screwed, but he usually turns out pretty well.

I’m not that big on Erk so that wait doesn’t particularly bother me. I know they use different magic types but Lucius and Canas also exist in the meantime before Pent.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Pent is better in every way, and even then, a trained Erk/Lucius/Canas end up being roughly similar/inferior to Pent statwise. Pent is love Pent is life.

Anyways, I'm glad Oliver is Mirror Strike 2 fodder, what a thing of beauty.

My goal to 5* all 3-4* units has taken two steps forward and one step back. I've 5*red F!Corrin and Bartre to go alongside the Sothe and Ogma I recently pulled at 5*. 

Of course, we've finally got a new 3-4* unit in the form of Oliver for the first time since Arvis. I'd happily have my goal pushed back to have new GHBs a bit more regularly. 

Is Marty big enough of a meme? I mean at first I didn't know why people brought him up over the important Thracia characters, but between Dorcas/Oliver the FEH's team has shown their attention to the English community's injokes. 

Personally I don't think the Marty meme is anywhere near as well-circulated as the others. I expect only like Leif / Fin / Eveyln and maybe one of Ced / Mareeta if we get 4 instead of 3. 

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

Is Marty big enough of a meme? I mean at first I didn't know why people brought him up over the important Thracia characters, but between Dorcas/Oliver the FEH's team has shown their attention to the English community's injokes. 

Personally I don't think the Marty meme is anywhere near as well-circulated as the others. I expect only like Leif / Fin / Eveyln and maybe one of Ced / Mareeta if we get 4 instead of 3. 

For reference, Marty only ranked at #378 in CYL with just 433 votes though that does put him ahead of such characters as FE7!Marcus and FE9!Kieran. That being said, he placed 5th among his fellow Tharcia 776 peers (behind Leif, Finn, Olwen and Mareeta).

If anything, Lot (placed at #88 with 3,218 votes in CYL, only Roy and Lilina placed higher than him among the FE6 characters) would likely be the next meme addition since he's apparently something of one among the Japanese side of the fandom.

Edited by Tybrosion

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If anything, Lot (placed at #88 with 3,218 votes in CYL, only Roy and Lilina placed higher than him among the FE6 characters) would likely be the next meme addition since he's apparently something of one among the Japanese side of the fandom.

From what I remember hearing, appearently some stream in Japan for a blessed Lot

Also, I’m just curious, but out of the SS characters not in the game, who were the top five, excluding the characters already in the game. I know Marissa is somewhere up there

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, I’m just curious, but out of the SS characters not in the game, who were the top five, excluding the characters already in the game. I know Marissa is somewhere up there

Marisa (#53), Lyon (#115), The Rachel (#116), Myrrh (#122), and Ross (#127).

Kantopia has you covered.

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

From what I remember hearing, appearently some stream in Japan for a blessed Lot

Only Marissa, the other four were Eirika, Ephraim, Seth and Amelia

Edit: lol, my mistake xd

Edited by Javi Blizz

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Here's the exact vote totals for each:

1. Marisa (#53, 5,398 votes)
2. Lyon (#115, 2,434 votes)
3. L'Arachel (#116, 2,425 votes)
4. Myrrh (#122, 2,317 votes)
5. Ross (#127, 2,234 votes)

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Does anyone have a screenshot or know where i can find an image for the pop-up in Oliver's GHB about the trenches?

i just didn't expect it to go up and was just tapping away so it went away before reading it

Trenches only affect cavalry, limiting their movement down to one. Other unit types aren't affected.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Still no Xander or Camus?  I know we got those two before Valter came.

They're interlacing the post-Infernal Grand Hero Battles in between the pre-Infernal Grand Hero Battles with 2 pre-Infernal Grand Hero Battles for every 1 post-Infernal Grand Hero Battle.

Which means if the current pattern remains, we get Zephiel next, then Valter, then Xander, then either Lloyd or Camus, then Arvis, then Camus or pattern reset.

Oh. I just realized that we got a second HP Ace Seal from the last Squad Assault. So I guess those are just gonna keep repeating the stat bonus Seals. I'm cool with that, the Atk+3 and Spd+3 Seals are probably the ones I switch around the most, although I'm definitely gonna need to save some more Red and Blue Great Badges now.

Seems the World of Dawn banner is set to end 6 days before the New Year banner. I'm guessing the next Legendary Heroes banner will start right around when World of Dawn ends, so on either the 24th or 25th (by EST timing, at least).

Wonder what the new hero will be like. I'm guessing they'll be an Earth-element Nifl royal, probably colorless. Based on Gunnthra being green tome cavalry, which is a pretty underrepresented unit type but one that does exist in the regular summoning pool, a fitting unit type for a colorless legendary hero could be bow cavalry. Although bows, Earth element, and Nifl could be a bit challenging to all pack together into one unit. Similarly, a red tome cavalry unit would make a lot of sense for a Fire-element legendary hero when we get one, although we could also just get Laevatein somehow. Seems a bit soon for that though.

I might be jumping to conclusions a bit hastily from just one data point, but I do think it'd make a lot of sense for them to do legendary heroes this way. They're certainly reserving a lot of special unit types for seasonal units, and it'd make sense to do similar stuff with the legendary heroes. Could even include unit types that have so far been seasonal-exclusive, but I think it'd be more in keeping with their patterns so far for them to start slower and then move on to the even more special types later, to keep raising the bar. Doesn't mean all of the future legendary heroes have to fit this pattern of having special unit types, but I imagine a lot of them will.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

…although we could also just get Laevatein somehow. Seems a bit soon for that though.

Laevantein’s sister though. I fully expect her to be our legendary hero of fire and not Laevantein.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Laevantein’s sister though. I fully expect her to be our legendary hero of fire and not Laevantein.

I'm sure we'll get multiple fire heroes eventually.

Do we know anything about her sister yet?

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm sure we'll get multiple fire heroes eventually.

Do we know anything about her sister yet?

I’m sure we’ll get twelve legendary heroes eventually, three for each element.

The only thing we know is that she exists. Hey, we didn’t even know Alfonse and Sharena’s dad was alive and had a name until recently!

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seems the World of Dawn banner is set to end 6 days before the New Year banner. I'm guessing the next Legendary Heroes banner will start right around when World of Dawn ends, so on either the 24th or 25th (by EST timing, at least).

Wonder what the new hero will be like. I'm guessing they'll be an Earth-element Nifl royal, probably colorless. Based on Gunnthra being green tome cavalry, which is a pretty underrepresented unit type but one that does exist in the regular summoning pool, a fitting unit type for a colorless legendary hero could be bow cavalry. Although bows, Earth element, and Nifl could be a bit challenging to all pack together into one unit. Similarly, a red tome cavalry unit would make a lot of sense for a Fire-element legendary hero when we get one, although we could also just get Laevatein somehow. Seems a bit soon for that though.

I might be jumping to conclusions a bit hastily from just one data point, but I do think it'd make a lot of sense for them to do legendary heroes this way. They're certainly reserving a lot of special unit types for seasonal units, and it'd make sense to do similar stuff with the legendary heroes. Could even include unit types that have so far been seasonal-exclusive, but I think it'd be more in keeping with their patterns so far for them to start slower and then move on to the even more special types later, to keep raising the bar. Doesn't mean all of the future legendary heroes have to fit this pattern of having special unit types, but I imagine a lot of them will.

Any ranged cavalry or Flier would be very welcome to me. Like you wrote, I guess the first flying Archer will be seasonal. 

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

If Legendary Heroes aren't restricted to Nifl and Muspell people, I want Legendary Hero Alf and Sharena's pa.

Same. I kinda wonder if their dad was finally brought up in this chapter specifically so he can be brought in as a Legendary Hero later on, since they never bothered to even mention him in passing before now.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m sure we’ll get twelve legendary heroes eventually, three for each element.

Why not 16? One for each element-stat combination.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The only thing we know is that she exists. Hey, we didn’t even know Alfonse and Sharena’s dad was alive and had a name until recently!

They haven't mentioned any siblings to my knowledge, and Alfonse and Sharena are still prince and princess, meaning a king or queen must still be alive.

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

If Legendary Heroes aren't restricted to Nifl and Muspell people, I want Legendary Hero Alf and Sharena's pa.

He’ll die soon, just you wait and see.

@Ice Dragon: The two legendary banners we’ve had contained 12 heroes. Hence why twelve, not sixteen.

The queen of Askr being alive and well was confirmed by Sharena’s castle talk in which she says that she and her mum write letters to each other. And it’s been in the game since release. But absolutely nothing about their dad.

Edited by Vaximillian