Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m sure we’ll get twelve legendary heroes eventually, three for each element.

The only thing we know is that she exists. Hey, we didn’t even know Alfonse and Sharena’s dad was alive and had a name until recently!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than 12 eventually. They don't all have to be rerun on every banner.

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

If Legendary Heroes aren't restricted to Nifl and Muspell people, I want Legendary Hero Alf and Sharena's pa.

That'd be cool. Legendary Hero banners also seem like a way of introducing Bruno and Veronica eventually.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Any ranged cavalry or Flier would be very welcome to me. Like you wrote, I guess the first flying Archer will be seasonal. 

Yeah: flying archer, flying/armor staff user, blue tome armor, and cavalry/armor dancer are remaining major unit types that seem likely to be introduced through seasonal units. Possibly non-infantry dagger users, too, if they ever have any of those.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He’ll die soon, just you wait and see.

Yeah, I'd say it's far more likely that he gets gutted by Surtr. Parents of FE lords are notoriously bad at the whole "living" thing, after all.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m not that big on Erk so that wait doesn’t particularly bother me. I know they use different magic types but Lucius and Canas also exist in the meantime before Pent.

Same here. I generally use Lucius over Erk or Canas for an early magic user. Canas, well Nostanking would be limited given the number of Nosferatus available and the massive AS loss. Luna isn't bonkers like people say it is in FE7, it kills bosses nicely, and is a Killer with no might but range 2, which makes it a less consistent but potentially stronger Flux (without a crit, the Res negating is forgettable, since how many enemies have 7+ Res?- that being the Might of Flux), nothing more.

Erk, well Anima being better than Light is what he has in favor over Lucius, but this only partly mitigates their Mag difference, which at 20/10 is 17.6 vs. 24.6. Thunder is only 2 stronger than Shine, and Lucius is a mere 1-2 points slower at a point where they both double everything. Availability and personal experience aside, Lucius is superior.

And this is ignoring Lucius unlike the other two getting a C Staffs instead of E on promotion. That Staff rank is great, auto Restore and potential Physics use are excellent. And Priscilla/Serra are almost never going to promote at 20 if you don't spend for loads of Barrier or Physic or Torch, but I guess you could make an earlier promotion work for them.

So really, Lucius has the most utility, Canas the best boss killer, and Erk is the best at nothing, but at least he has a few good supports (yet so do Hips and Monocle). At least this isn't like BR, where Orochi is not so worth it when Izana exists. Pent plus one of the above and maybe Pris/Serra can work quite well.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why not 16? One for each element-stat combination.

They haven't mentioned any siblings to my knowledge, and Alfonse and Sharena are still prince and princess, meaning a king or queen must still be alive.

I think we get 3 for each nation.

Askr - Alfonse, Sharena Anna
Nifl - Fjorm, Gunnthra, Uknown
Muspell - Surtr, Loki, Laevatein
Embla - Veronica, Bruno, Uknown

Each of those Realms is prolly tied to an Element, so they cant have a legendary hero opoisng their Element or so?
For Example we never may see a Fire Blessing Hero for Nifl and a Waterblessing hero for Muspell.

At least this is what i think

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The two legendary banners we’ve had contained 12 heroes. Hence why twelve, not sixteen.

It would be really weird to have a Legendary Hero banner with 11 legendary heroes and 1 returning event hero or Hero-Fest-tier hero.

I have a feeling they'll start rotating legendary heroes after they have around 4 or so to not have more than 1 for each color at any given time.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

you know what would be a cool seasonal unit? Armoured dancer with armour march. Bonus points if the unit is ranged (dagger maybe?)

No. Just no. Bad mcsilas, very bad mcsilas.

@Ice Dragon: By the time the set is complete, they will invent a new big thing to “conclude” the book and open a new book with… because there is so much story to never tell.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No. Just no. Bad mcsilas, very bad mcsilas.

What, you don't find clanking armor kinky or refreshing? (Although I overheard that the most recent seasonals had some underarmored armors.)

Would a Dancer Armor actually have any use as a Dancer?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

By the time the set is complete, they will invent a new big thing to “conclude” the book and open a new book with… because there is so much story to never tell.

The problem is the banner will already get to be in an awkward place even at around 6 legendary heroes if all of the legendary heroes stay there.

The banner would have a crapton of good characters, but 5 of them would be the same things they had last month, 1 character would be new, and it would leave only 6 slots for repeat event characters and Hero-Fest-tier characters.

That's... kind of terrible from a marketing perspective.

@mcsilas @Vaximillian I'm more interested in a staff armor.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is the banner will already get to be in an awkward place even at around 6 legendary heroes if all of the legendary heroes stay there.

The banner would have a crapton of good characters, but 5 of them would be the same things they had last month, 1 character would be new, and it would leave only 6 slots for repeat event characters and Hero-Fest-tier characters.

That's... kind of terrible from a marketing perspective.

@mcsilas @Vaximillian I'm more interested in a staff armor.

That makes me wonder if  future legendary heroes are going to related to Fjorm and Gunnthrá. How many sisters are there?

The only OC released from book 2 that I would doubt we would recruit is Surtr and maybe Loki. The two just seem like they wouldn’t be recruited. For Laevetin, it’s iffy to say if she would join us. Veronica, like @Cute Chao had said once, would probably join us once Surtr eventually betrays her. Bruno would probably join with her. I’m trying to think, as I remember there being a character who joins you after being betrayed by their boss in one of the FE games, but I can’t remember who.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

That makes me wonder if  future legendary heroes are going to related to Fjorm and Gunnthrá. How many sisters are there?

At least 1 more sister and a decent chance of there being a brother.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

The only OC released from book 2 that I would doubt we would recruit is Surtr and maybe Loki. The two just seem like they wouldn’t be recruited. For Laevetin, it’s iffy to say if she would join us. Veronica, like @Cute Chao had said once, would probably join us once Surtr eventually betrays her. Bruno would probably join with her. I’m trying to think, as I remember there being a character who joins you after being betrayed by their boss in one of the FE games, but I can’t remember who.

Pretty sure it's happened in more than one. And by betrayal, do mean personal betrayal? Betrayal of ideals? Pretty sure Duessel is one, I think Grado spat on him and tried to string him up as a traitor.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What, you don't find clanking armor kinky or refreshing? (Although I overheard that the most recent seasonals had some underarmored armors.)

Would a Dancer Armor actually have any use as a Dancer?

It could do the happy dance that Fates armours do when they get healed.

that or they could Sing. Maybe the armour makes a nice echo/has great acoustics

i'd certainly be interested in its niche, especially for my armour emblem arena team since everyone is melee. Dancer would mean lower Bst, maybe he or she will have rubbish HP and Atk and a weirdly high speed.

@Ice Dragon @Javi Blizz That said staff armour would be cool, too. If their Atk is rubbish anyway I would go Dazzling refine, then maybe have Wary Fighter + Martyr for maximum endless bulk? Or Live to Serve with high bulk would be cool. Oh and of course Armour March.

Seasonal armour Azama when?

@Zeoif they ever do a dagger armour, they would probably be a good candidate for Close counter + refined smoke/rogue dagger debuffs

Also just browsed through your youtube profile and wow you do mugen vids? Those take me back.

Edited by mcsilas

19 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Pretty sure it's happened in more than one. And by betrayal, do mean personal betrayal? Betrayal of ideals? Pretty sure Duessel is one, I think Grado spat on him and tried to string him up as a traitor.

Duessel’s recruitment chapter is literally called “Turning Traitor” and yeah, Vigarde assumed Duessel was going to betray Grado and thus branded him as one preemptively. Selena essentially tells Duessel such in that chapter. This, naturally, left Duessel no choice but to join up with Ephraim.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Seasonal armour Azama when?

I couldn't think of a Seasonal Banner theme, but I was thinking something royal on the staff armor idea. Full decorative gilded regalia on someone looking like the perfect image of a monarch, commanding their subjects (teammates) to be healed and the enemies to obey.

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Somehow I like Oliver. He is original and seems a little kinky. 

Sure, he is not the best unit and I don't know anything about his background in FE. Someone mentioned he would be a pervert? 

I'm not sure about 'pervert', since his thoughts don't seem to be sexual towards things... He buys one of the heron royals and tries to keep him as a pet. He also tries to capture a second heron royal, but your guys save her. 

That being said, his recruitment conversation with Rafiel can sound a bit molesty, since the heron is actually asking him to unhand him... 

Not a huge fan of Oliver myself. I agree with Ike... he can go rejoin the enemy >.< 

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not sure about 'pervert', since his thoughts don't seem to be sexual towards things... He buys one of the heron royals and tries to keep him as a pet. He also tries to capture a second heron royal, but your guys save her. 

That being said, his recruitment conversation with Rafiel can sound a bit molesty, since the heron is actually asking him to unhand him... 

Not a huge fan of Oliver myself. I agree with Ike... he can go rejoin the enemy >.< 

Hmm, seems like a candidate for a second bad guys team. My first one with Arvis, Valter, Michalis (and Sigurd) has been fun. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

and seems a little kinky. 

Kinky huh? To me he just feels more like he's going to belly slam me. He's also really just a traditional idea of a corrupt politician. He's apart of the Begnion Senate (usually the corrupt form in groups), he's fat (symbolizing gluttony, greed, and/or sloth, the deadly sins or whatever). Although to be fair from his looks alone you can't tell, if he's a villain or not.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sure, he is not the best unit and I don't know anything about his background in FE. Someone mentioned he would be a pervert? 

He is a connoisseur and defender of pretty things in a completely non-sexual way. He simply doesn't discern between sentient pretty things and non-sentient pretty things.

When one of his sentient pretty things refuses to be hung back on the wall, he decides he can at least help protect it and joins your army to Ike's annoyance.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He was a Senator of Begnion, the theocratic empire of Tellius and the strongest Beorc (human) country. The Senate is a group of divinely ordained nobles who support the Apostle, Sanaki. Oliver's official noble title was Duke Tanas- Tanas being an area near the Serenes Forest.

During the midgame of Path of Radiance, Sanaki hires Ike and company to investigate the Laguz (beast and bird humans) slave trade in Laguz in Begnion. Laguz slavery was outlawed by Sanaki's predecessor Apostle Misaha, but the Senate abuses its high position and keeps slaves in defiance of the edict. Sanaki wants to stop this.

When Sanaki receives word of strange activity at Oliver's estate, she sends in Ike to investigate. As the player already knows from scenes they've been shown, the Raven King Naesala sold the Heron Prince Reyson to Oliver after the two had a passing encounter. Oliver being obsessed with the beauty of Reyson, he being one of the only 2 Herons left alive. When Ike discovers a secret room the suspicious acting Oliver didn't show him in the tour of his mansion, Oliver summons his army and Ike has to fight back.

Ultimately Reyson shortly after seeing Ike flees and heads into the Serenes Forest. Oliver wants his beautiful white winged Heron back and follows, Ike under Sanaki's order follows both to arrest Oliver and find Reyson. After a four-part battle Oliver is killed.

But in RD, it is discovered that the Senate actually saved him on death's doorstep and kept him hidden from Sanaki. He is the boss of 4-4, and can be recruited if he sees Rafiel because of his beauty. His stats are pretty bad in RD and he comes very late, but he can staffbot at least.

While Oliver was a fat scumbag in PoR, a slave owner obsessed with his personal greed, RD turned him into a comic relief character. It goes crazy with his love for beauty, and although he remains creepy, it brushes aside the highly immoral him treating other living beings as his personal property. Most characters find him dislikable at first in their supports with him, but most somehow warm up by the A, even Reyson.

I will once in a while join in on the joking about him. But otherwise I will render his stomach over a fireplace and use the lard to reduce the friction between plates of armor.

I think they'll cap it at one legendary hero of a color per legendary banner. They don't want them to get too crowded with units that have already been getting rerun every month already, and they need room for seasonal units.

If the January and February banners continue the pattern from the first two and introduce a red Fire hero and a colorless Earth hero, the two of them together should cover the two summer banners and will probably also have the remaining CYL units. I imagine they'll feature the colorless unit first, so they have room for another red regular unit rather than another colorless one, which seems like an easier slot to fill with something appealing. If that all plays out, the two banners together will probably look something like this:

• Red: [Fire], Summer Leo, Leo, Lyn, Eldigan, Elincia
  • Blue: Fjorm x2, Summer Robin, Summer Corrin, Brave Lucina, Azura
  • Green: Gunnthra x2, Summer Tiki, Summer Xander, Summer Elise, Brave Xander
  • Colorless: [Earth] x2, Summer Gaius, Summer Frederick, Takumi, Jaffar

March and April should cover Performing Arts and Halloween. I'm not sure if/when they might start rerunning characters from earlier Legendary Hero banners, or how long it might take notable newer characters like Zelgius to start showing up, but we'll have to see. If it does play out that way, green and colorless will both be really crunched for space on those two because both have three characters between those two seasonal banners, while blue will finally have some breathing room. Could use that opportunity to finally cover whichever of Azura/Ninian gets skipped in January/February, but that'd seem a bit odd on a banner that'll have two Performing Arts characters. So they'll probably save that one for later and fill out the blue spots with units like Ephraim, Delthea, and Tana that haven't been getting any chances.