• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Maybe there'll be a banner sometime soon featuring Amelia and Hector, so I can try to get everything that Sheena needs from one color on one banner!

All your potential Amelias fled to me.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

All your potential Amelias fled to me.

:( I could've had enough to give to Sheena, and still actually use an Amelia or two as well... But no, all I got was a Spoony Bride instead. Who I still haven't gotten around to leveling up all the way.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Look on the bright side, Arc. At least it wasn't Savage Blow!

Honestly giving her savage blow would be less disappointing tbh

And this is the same person kicking up a fuss about Ewan and Franz in battle, killing innocent children for bad fodder investments!

Spoiler

D I S G U S T I N G

Just now, Arcanite said:

Honestly giving her savage blow would be less disappointing tbh

And this is the same person kicking up a fuss about Ewan and Franz in battle, killing innocent children for bad fodder investments!

Reveal hidden contents

D I S G U S T I N G

And this is the same person who used Jagen, despite having plenty of other options just as good if not better than him. Sound familiar to something you've called me out on in the past? ;)

Besides, it's not like Amelia had to die to give Sheena her weapon. In fact, I'm pretty sure that she realized she wasn't ready for war after giving her weapon to Sheena, and decided to go home instead. Just like a good child should!

28 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Besides, it's not like Amelia had to die to give Sheena her weapon. In fact, I'm pretty sure that she realized she wasn't ready for war after giving her weapon to Sheena, and decided to go home instead. Just like a good child should!

There's probably this one Amelia that just keeps getting summoned over and over and just grabs a new Slaying Axe+ from the armory each time she goes back because your army in Sacred Stones has infinite money to replace them.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's probably this one Amelia that just keeps getting summoned over and over and just grabs a new Slaying Axe+ from the armory each time she goes back because your army in Sacred Stones has infinite money to replace them.

That reminds me that I once heard, dunno how true it is, but they were playing Thracia 776 and they had their thief steal the bow off an enemy Sniper. There was an armory nearby and the Sniper went there on the enemy phase and bought a new Silver Bow. The player then stole that bow and the Sniper bought yet another Silver Bow. The player was able to continue this for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That reminds me that I once heard, dunno how true it is, but they were playing Thracia 776 and they had their thief steal the bow off an enemy Sniper. There was an armory nearby and the Sniper went there on the enemy phase and bought a new Silver Bow. The player then stole that bow and the Sniper bought yet another Silver Bow. The player was able to continue this for quite some time.

Yeah, you can do that. Enemies will buy new weapons from armories if they run out, and they have unlimited money.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

@Jave @Troykv

Holy shit I finally broke my 4.75 pity rate.

And it's +atk -hp Micaiah aaaaahhhhhhh

This is the best pre-birthday gift :awesome:

Congrats on getting your Micaiah! And happy pre-Birthday!

Edited by Jave

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

@Jave @Troykv

Holy shit I finally broke my 4.75 pity rate.

And it's +atk -hp Micaiah aaaaahhhhhhh

This is the best pre-birthday gift :awesome:

Best happy pre-birthday :awesome:

I'm glad you got her :Lilina:

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Congrats on getting your Micaiah! And happy pre-Birthday!

21 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Best happy pre-birthday :awesome:

I'm glad you got her :Lilina:

Thank you guys! My arena teams will always be Micaiah, Sothe and Sanaki :D. I just gave her Glacies and Windsweep but SP grinding is taking forever. Can't be more grateful!

Yeah, gonna take a break from reading all that about Felicia, the other dagger units, Rogue or Smoke Dagger, etc. Gonna need to let this digest because guess who has a shit-ton of units clogging up his barracks and units with good natures he doesn't use? Me. Also, feathers, since I just got around to promoting Legion, Lloyd (why?), Valter, and Zephiel to 5* and leveling them up like crazy along with 4* back-ups of them and Camus, Xander, and neutral Setsuna (in progress right now) just in case I ever freaking need them if I'm that bad at figuring out a strategy for some goddamned map.

Anyway, with the introduction of Sothe, soup boy Takumi, and kind of ToD Sakura, I've been wondering where Gaius's place even is as a dagger user.

Spoiler

So, you have your more offensive dagger users through Kagero (35/33), Sothe (36/33), NY Takumi (34/34), and kind of ToD Sakura (32/34) where she is fragile at times and I'd rather keep her as an anti-mage unit with her Kitty Paddle or Rogue or Smoke Dagger, but she can get similar results to Kagero. On the more defensive and support side, you have Felicia and ToD Sakura as anti-mage units along with Jaffar with his unique refined Deathly Dagger who can be a player phase anti-mage unit; and summer Frederick, Jaffar, Jakob, Matthew, and Saizo as more all-around support units where summer Frederick, Matthew, and Saizo can be physical walls. Summer Frederick and Jakob don't have as great of speed as the other dagger users, but in the case of Jakob, his mixed defenses are decent and you could just slap Fury 3 and a refined Rogue or Smoke Dagger+ on a +Spd Jakob and have him be a pest of a wall who might not be as good of a physical wall as summer Frederick, Matthew, or Saizo, but can be a better magical wall depending on the circumstances i.e. no -blade mages, -raven mages, Reinhardt, or certain healers with refined staves.

And then there's Gaius who only has speed and kind of HP. I say kind of since it's not the stupid HP that Virion has. With high speed, you'd think he'd be a great user of Water and Windsweep, but you have Jaffar whose unique refined Deathly Dagger has a partial Watersweep effect that doesn't take into account his speed to work and doesn't stop him from doubling them and he can if he wanted, run Windsweep to ensure safe chip damage on almost anything he attacks. Gaius might also be limited to player phase use since he wouldn't have the enemy phase mage performance of Felicia or ToD Sakura or general or physical performance of Matthew and Saizo. Firesweep weapons benefit from high speed, but I feel like at worst he and the other dagger users are going to end up as glorified Firesweep archers without effective damage on fliers, but this assumes the worst happens where for whatever reason Firesweep Dagger ends up not debuffing or buffing anything which would be stupid as all hell. Still, I'd rather use Firesweep Dagger with Kagero, Sothe, NY Takumi, or ToD Sakura since they have higher base attack and can either go the route of having similar speed to =Spd Gaius by being +Spd or go ham with +Atk. In NY Takumi's case, he's essentially a dagger Innes and +Spd NY Takumi having 34/37 offenses seems better than +Atk Gaius's 32/36 or +Spd Gaius's 29/39 offenses. +Spd Gaius would net more doubles, but he'd be have 5 less damage per hit compared to NY Takumi.

At this point, I feel like the one thing Gaius can do better than the current dagger units available is be a wannabe Virion. The obvious problem is that Gaius's 42 HP or 44 HP with a refined dagger has lower coverage than Virion's base 46 HP when using Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse. Gaius's higher speed would let him use the -sweep skills to safely apply debuffs, but that's pretty much where his advantage ends compared to Virion who boasts higher HP for more coverage, better single hit physical bulk, innate effective damage against fliers, and more weapons with different effects e.g. (a refined) Clarisse's Bow. Seriously, if Gaius's 19 resistance was 13 like Virion's, he'd have 6 points that could go into HP and any other stat. Dividing it between HP and defense would give Gaius a stat spread of 45/29/36/25/13. That Gaius with +Spd, -Res with his default Rogue Dagger or Smoke Dagger and Panic Ploy would be really dumb.

Edited by Kaden

Been making use of the raised Hero Merit cap to justify grinding supports on my high-HM units, and finally finished maxing out supports among my armors!

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo3_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo6_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo6_400.png

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo4_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo4_400.png

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo5_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo1_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_p2mrn5pxaJ1sn35pqo2_400.pngtumblr_p2mrny30Je1sn35pqo5_400.png

(Pairs are adjacent: BK/Effie, Robin/Hector, Tharja/Henry, Gwendolyn/Amelia, Arden/Sheena, Zephiel/Jakob.)

Holy crap I didn't expect new seals in a Mini Tempest.... 

Quick Riposte is amazing... Def Ploy is great.... people sleep on Seal ATK though.

Now Healers with Slow+ can debuff both ATK and SPD on a target by 7 and still run Wrathful/Dazzling. Hand em over.

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Holy crap I didn't expect new seals in a Mini Tempest.... 

They kind of had to introduce new seals or reprise the most recent set of three (the latter of which they definitely wouldn't do). They've already said that seals that can be created in the Seal Forge will never be made available as free rewards in the future (because it would be rude to create a seal and then have it appear later for free), and every Sacred Seal in the game except for the most recent set are available for creation in the Seal Forge as of the last update.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They kind of had to introduce new seals or reprise the most recent set of three (the latter of which they definitely wouldn't do). They've already said that seals that can be created in the Seal Forge will never be made available as free rewards in the future (because it would be rude to create a seal and then have it appear later for free), and every Sacred Seal in the game except for the most recent set are available for creation in the Seal Forge as of the last update.

True actually. It just seemed like some of the newer seals were missing, but apparently it was just the most recent ones.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Weaponbreaker skills and Wary Fighter already exist.

Yeah but breakers are conditional while wary fighter hinders the user as much as the enemy, in addition to being armor locked.  Quick Riposte works on everything, with the only condition being enemy phase. It will complement any build that isn't player phase focused. Probably compliment those too as much as their other seal choices.

What I mean to say is they need to make up some options for people that don't want to deal with this enemy phase nonsense, but also don't want to build a team around a ranged flier or horse.

Carda’s going to like Def Ploy. I should have enough time before my Fliers are back as my Arena team to get it done after QR...

I’d give serious consideration to making Arvis a Ploy-master if it didn’t require a Deirdre sacrifice. I wonder if they’ll give us Spd Ploy soon.

And with those random musings out of the way, back to analysis write-up editing.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah but breakers are conditional while wary fighter hinders the user as much as the enemy, in addition to being armor locked.  Quick Riposte works on everything, with the only condition being enemy phase. It will complement any build that isn't player phase focused. Probably compliment those too as much as their other seal choices.

What I mean to say is they need to make up some options for people that don't want to deal with this enemy phase nonsense, but also don't want to build a team around a ranged flier or horse.

To be fair, enemy-phase units are under-appreciated. It doesn't help that almost all of them are forced to run Quick Riposte instead of another skill like Guard, Cancel Affinity, or Shield Pulse (also probably one of the reasons Shield Pulse is under-appreciated is because it meant you couldn't also run Quick Riposte).

Oh, I just realized Quick Riposte + Wrath is now also a thing.