Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I'm surprised Shanna isn't on this banner though 

Yeah, Shanna should have been here and not Mathilda. Hone Atk is more reliably obtained from Olivia in my opinion.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

To be fair, it's not like the bar is set THAT high... but don't let me take from others satisfaction.

Also, while I haven't summoned yet, I'm still wondering... what the fuck is this banner? Like, is this really a thing someone decided we needed?

Yes we do. It is the BEST skill fodder banner. Every breaker (except Dagger breaker) with TA, CA, Fury, DB and Reposition to boot. Rebecca shoyld have been a Kagero.

Sadly, I got a 3* Donnel. :( I would spend more orbs if I wasn't trying to get NY!Azura...

Just now, Clogon said:

Yes we do. It is the BEST skill fodder banner. Every breaker (except Dagger breaker) with TA, CA, Fury, DB and Reposition to boot. Rebecca shoyld have been a Kagero.

Sadly, I got a 3* Donnel. :( I would spend more orbs if I wasn't trying to get NY!Azura...

Yeah I only got Barst and Hinata from free summon + 15 orbs. Others were 3 star Beruka (literally my free summon was a 3* unit who wasn't even part of the banner), 3* Draug, and 4* Lilina.

I also feel dirty using a 4* unit for Reposition, so... guess I got a Hinata...

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, Shanna should have been here and not Mathilda. Hone Atk is more reliably obtained from Olivia in my opinion.

Mathilda is here for Cancel Affinity. Oscar's the one who probably shouldn't have been here.

I'm not sure why Rebecca is here either. She doesn't really have anything good to inherit that cannot be obtained from a 3* pull

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Olivia offers nothing while Mathilda offers Raidersbane and CA which are much more valued than Knockback.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Mathilda is here for Cancel Affinity. Oscar's the one who probably shouldn't have been here.

I'm not sure why Rebecca is here either. She doesn't really have anything good to inherit that cannot be obtained from a 3* pull

Oscar has Lance Breaker 3 and dual rally. Rebecca is the only bad one here that should have been Kagero for Dagger Breaker and Poison Dagger.

@DefaultBeep Hone SPD 3 is a great skill, so I'm sure he'll show up eventually in all seriousness.

@Korath88 Oscar is Lancebreaker and Abel is Swordbreaker. Makes perfect sense. Plus Oscar has the rally and spur SPD/DEF skills which can be useful depending on what you want to do. Rebecca is the question mark here, as Matthew should be in her spot. Darting Blow 3 is nice, but you can get it from Florina. You can only get Hone SPD 3 from Matthew and Erika.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Olivia offers nothing while Mathilda offers Raidersbane and CA which are much more valued than Knockback.

Cancel Affinity and horsepoker cost 20k each. Everybody on the banner has useful rank 3 skills at four-star, and these were probably meant to be the focus of this… focus.

I always envisioned them doing this kind of banner, but then they started doing banners pertaining to certain skills, and I just assumed that's the closest we'd get rather than seeing a 4 star focus.

So, why are Laslow and Rebecca here? Axebreaker and Sol are pretty low demand and Rebecca has the exact same fodder as Florina, and at the same rarity despite being available at higher rarities. Guess they're there to get in the way of better fodder.

Saw two blue orbs, and Oscar is the last 4-5 star rarity character I'm missing so I went for him. Got Sully and then a 5 star +Res/-HP Lukas. Even worse than my +Res/-Spd Lukas. I've got an optimal nature 4 star waiting for a promotion, so the two merges will be nice. I just wish Lukas provided anything worthwhile in terms of fodder.

Edited by Glennstavos

I'm kind of upset right now. Because one stupid summoning session gave me no colorless, I wasted five orbs pulling a blue orb and then the next session gave me four colorless. I could've pulled all of those if it weren't for the first session making me waste orbs. At least I got a +spd -HP Jeorge from it, but I'm so peeved off.

Even if the New Years banner gave me NY!Azura on my second pull, this is the worst banner ever for me. Fuck you.

Mathilda was just on a banner... I have two 5* Mathildas already (one was off-focus and the other came from the free summon session on that banner) which is a big deal for a f2player.

I redeemed this banner thinking I'd be happy with any colour but blue... got four blues.

A smart person might have backed out, but I didn't want to waste the session. Surely I couldn't get Mathilda again, I thought. Maybe I'll get Shanna, I thought.

I opened the first orb... Gwendolyn. A 3* dupe, but safe.

Next the second orb... Lukas. 4* and a new guy. I relax, it's all good. I can get through this.

So I went for the third orb... Mathilda.

4*. Don't give me a fucking heart attack, game.

Ok, I think I got the best use for the Klein. If I sacrifice a 4* Hawkeye and a 3* Subaki I can give Micaiah both DB 3 and QR 3 to make her more versatile (of course those two skills wouldn't go into the same build, but having 2 builds can be helpful I guess)....It's either that or give DB 3 to a Cherche which I haven't started to train. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Is this banner perhaps a sign that they will change the 3* and 4* pools at the anniversary?

Just to make it extra baity? If anything it might indicate that they prefer to go with this "solution" to the 3-4* bloat instead of doing any comprehensive overhaul or long term fix.

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Ok, I think I got the best use for the Klein. If I sacrifice a 4* Hawkeye and a 3* Subaki I can give Micaiah both DB 3 and QR 3 to make her more versatile (of course those two skills wouldn't go into the same build, but having 2 builds can be helpful I guess)....It's either that or give DB 3 to a Cherche which I haven't started to train. 

If you have any good archers to build you could go the triple play by adding a 3* Gordin to the mix and passing all three of Klein's premium skills! Now if only I had a Halloween Jakob...

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So, why are Laslow and Rebecca here? Axebreaker and Sol are pretty low demand and Rebecca has the exact same fodder as Florina, and at the same rarity despite being available at higher rarities. Guess they're there to get in the way of better fodder.

Axe breaker is quite valued at higher end arena with the release of the W!Armours.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cancel Affinity and horsepoker cost 20k each. Everybody on the banner has useful rank 3 skills at four-star, and these were probably meant to be the focus of this… focus.

She is still the ONLY 4* char that gives CA. I don't know about 4* giving max skill is the point of this banner instead of just good fodder (except Rebecca, I want my Kagero!).

12 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Micaiah is a good choice for both skills. I'm running Cherche with DB3 and QR2 (and QP seal) in TTs currently (in arena she has Axebreaker equipped). She procs Galeforce quite often now. 

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just to make it extra baity? If anything it might indicate that they prefer to go with this "solution" to the 3-4* bloat instead of doing any comprehensive overhaul or long term fix.

Perhaps they will make the 3* and 4* pools bigger and will keep doing these 4* banners to give people a better chance to get their favorite fodder

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If you have any good archers to build you could go the triple play by adding a 3* Gordin to the mix and passing all three of Klein's premium skills! Now if only I had a Halloween Jakob...

It's what I did with my Jeorge and it makes sense on first sigh, but after some time I recognized that QR (and the extra Subaki) was wasted. I'm using breakers on him and my 5* Klein, never QR. 

@Tybrosion Haha so Klein did end up becoming a next focus banner unit! Just not Death Blow.

That's funny. Still no extra Kleins though.

Also good thing I didn't try too hard getting Mathilda last banner, because she's a consecutive focus unit. I wonder if that ever happened to other units (I know Linde was a focus unit in Mage TT and Battling Xander though. RIP Linde banner dream)

According to datamines, there have been assets in the game to support a 4-star focus since the game's release. They just never actually made one until now. To be honest, I didn't think it would be a particularly interesting idea until I saw who was on this banner.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Every physical Weaponbreaker is represented except Daggerbreaker. Axebreaker becomes more useful the higher up in the Arena you get because about half of the high-scoring units are axes.

Rebecca was probably chosen because she has Darting Blow and Ardent Sacrifice and was a color that didn't already have its slots filled. Among colorless characters that are not 5-star exclusive and were not already on the banner, the only other character with decent skills is Kagero, and I'd argue that Daggerbreaker 3 is worth less than Darting Blow 3 and Ardent Sacrifice.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Moustache Emblem begins.

I mean in theory Oliver could probably tank any red mages heading for Bartre's way. Too bad about his Spd stat.

@mampfoid Your avatar inspired me to do this pairing :P

Haha, looks great! Interesting how much taller Oliver is. 

I need to build a Bartre too one day, but his promotion is delayed because of the raised HM cap. 

And Moustache Emblem ends. Hopefully we get a couple more moustachioed units soon because having just the two is absolutely criminal. Incidentally, I actually only started playing Sacred Stones this week, and I love how Moulder is a middle-aged man, doing a role usually reserved for old men or teenage girls - bring him in, IS. Cervantes has a lock on the fourth slot of course.

Beard Emblem is looking pretty sad too. They're only one unit better off than Moustache Emblem, being Saber, Zephiel and Dorcas. They wouldn't even make for a good team together.

That said, my most wanted hair unit is Tauroneo, but he transcends both Moustache and Beard Emblem. I had no idea who he was when I picked him in the CYL poll, and I still don't really, but with those muttonchops it's guaranteed he's a cool dude.

I kinda didn't want regular Freddy to come back this soon. xP But I did pull a 4 star of him here! So I'm not completely bummed. lol Not the IVs I actually want most, but it'll still be another merge for my 5 star Freddy and one where I won't have to spend an extra 2,000 feathers.

Interesting. Wonder if they'll ever use banners like this to release 4* versions of certain less noteworthy 5* exclusives, like Karel.

I used my free summon on colorless in hopes of finally getting a Klein, but got a 3* Gordin instead.