• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fine. If you want to talk Lyon, he willingly went and tapped into the power of Grado's Sacred Stone and by extension, the power of the Demon King, even though he should've known that that was a terrible idea. Yeah, he was desperate to save his dad but all that stupid decision led to was widespread death and devastation across the entire continent, which of course includes his own death.

Don’t do necromancy, kids.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I read something about votes being limited each day. Is that true?

One vote per day per Nintendo account, up to thirteen votes over the duration of the event. You could vote thirteen times for the same character if you so wanted.

This time around, the poll will last for a week, so we’ll most certainly have seven votes overall.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I read something about votes being limited each day. Is that true?

Yes, the event ran for thirteen days, and you could only vote once a day. If you missed a day, tough luck. Wasn't a fan of that, at least let people catch up even if you only unlock one vote a day.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

One vote per day per Nintendo account, up to thirteen votes over the duration of the event. You could vote thirteen times for the same character if you so wanted.

This time around, the poll will last for a week, so we’ll most certainly have seven votes overall.

@Humanoid@Vaximillian thanks

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fine. If you want to talk Lyon, he willingly went and tapped into the power of Grado's Sacred Stone and by extension, the power of the Demon King, even though he should've known that that was a terrible idea. Yeah, he was desperate to save his dad but all that stupid decision led to was widespread death and devastation across the entire continent, which of course includes his own death.

Yes. This our tragic villain, and hindsight is 20/20. He is repeatedly portrayed as a teenager that doesn't feel strong, but his one strength is lore and magic, so it makes sense he'd decide to bring back his father while grieving. The first scene we see possessed Lyon has him expressing his regret of this decision in Chapter 14 (Ephraim's route). Darios walks into a castle and gets possessed. That cutscene is of him turning his back on a small army of still-armed warriors, assuming they wouldn't attack him. I still haven't heard how Darios is "Lyon but executed with some semblance of confidence". 

Looking at Lyon's stats in SS. He's slow, but is a mixed tank. Naglafar is a vanilla weapon that is surprisingly lighter than the legendary dark tome Gleipnir.

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yes. This our tragic villain, and hindsight is 20/20. He is repeatedly portrayed as a teenager that doesn't feel strong, but his one strength is lore and magic, so it makes sense he'd decide to bring back his father while grieving. The first scene we see possessed Lyon has him expressing his regret of this decision in Chapter 14 (Ephraim's route). Darios walks into a castle and gets possessed. That cutscene is of him turning his back on a small army of still-armed warriors, assuming they wouldn't attack him. I still haven't heard how Darios is "Lyon but executed with some semblance of confidence". 

If Lyon is supposed to be a tragic villain, then he isn't a very good one in my eyes since I have zero sympathy for him and why should I? He risked bringing the Demon King back from the dead just to save his dad, who he didn't even really save anyways as the guy was nothing more than a reanimated corpse and nothing like the man he once was.

Me saying that bit you quoted was mostly just a rib at FE8 and its hard-on for flashbacks, hence the bit that followed that in my post you got that from. I honestly don't care which of two had the better execution.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So yeah, bought the BK pack:
*snip*

@Alkaid @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Arcanite

Nice, wonderful use of the pack! I'll have to decide who wants it once I buy it; someone like Lukas or Xander seems like the obvious choice, but I want to find a more fun use for it if I can. I guess I could even give it to my own Beruka, since I'm planning to work on that +Atk/-HP one eventually.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Argh I keep forgetting!

Well carry on then.

Buff that Beruka up! :D

On one hand, I want to pimp her the guck out. On the other hand, I want to give Micaiah Atk Ploy from one of my Olivers. And I also have Cecilia and Caeda and Hana and Naga knows whom else for the feathers. Hmmmmmmm.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If Lyon is supposed to be a tragic villain, then he isn't a very good one in my eyes since I have zero sympathy for him and why should I? He risked bringing the Demon King back from the dead just to save his dad, who he didn't even really save anyways as the guy was nothing more than a reanimated corpse and nothing like the man he once was.

Me saying that bit you quoted was mostly just a rib at FE8 and its hard-on for flashbacks, hence the bit that followed that in my post you got that from. I honestly don't care which of two had the better execution.

It should be noted that he also risked it because he foresaw an earthquake that would result in the deaths of many people in his country. No matter the magical world there's not many solutions to an earthquake devastating your country, and that compounded with the death of his father would explain him taking the more desperate action and exploring the dark arts. 

Edited by Medeus

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On one hand, I want to pimp her the guck out. On the other hand, I want to give Micaiah Atk Ploy from one of my Olivers. And I also have Cecilia and Caeda and Hana and Naga knows whom else for the feathers. Hmmmmmmm.

Depends on what you are missing.

I just spent 20k feathers on upgrading my Faes in both accounts. She's still a bonus unit next week so might as well try her out. Also I badly need defense wins and I think Fjorm scores too much

Also can never have enough good green units. And I need a Res tank. And green dragon to complete my breath trio.

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Depends on what you are missing.

What I am missing is green mages. Nino is going to max out her HM again soon, and Soren is already there. Cecilia will get there naturally. Whom do I replace Nino with on my tempest team? Sigh.

I don't think that we'll immediately get the CYL units. Might be that before the anniversary of each year there'll ba CYL voting to determine the CYL heroes that'll appear in about 6 months time.

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What I am missing is green mages. Nino is going to max out her HM again soon, and Soren is already there. Cecilia will get there naturally. Whom do I replace Nino with on my tempest team? Sigh.

Boey? Physically tanky green mage is useful. I've been using him as a backup team for TT.

Hmm, there's not a lot of green mages that aren't 5 stars actually. Fix the green pool already IS.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Boey? Physical green mage is useful. I've been using him as a backup team for TT.

Hmm, there's not a lot of green mages that aren't 5 stars actually. Fix the green pool already IS.

Owl is ehhhh, and raven needs Roys and Setsunas. Even with the fodder banner running right now I’m not guaranteed to get enough.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Owl is ehhhh, and raven needs Roys and Setsunas. Even with the fodder banner running right now I’m not guaranteed to get enough.

Even Triangle 2 should be fine for a cheap build (with Reposition from Selena or something).

Nino/Soren is kind of squishy. So will Julia/Deirdre/Sonya if you get them.

His defense stat will still be useful for PvE for now like baiting in GHBs. For now, Renewal + QR seal would do if you don't have the necessary breaker.